The One Who Lies in Your Heart

The One Who Lies in Your Heart

Flashback:

You were sitting at home, and had just come home from primary school. You were a very quiet child and so you found school very lonely and boring.

Then suddenly, your mum called you from out of your room to greet the new neighbours.

You listened and went outside, to see some strangers standing out on the grass.

“It’s nice to meet you!” They smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you as well!” Your mum replied.

She introduced you as well and standing next to the adults, was a young boy around your age.

“MY NAME IS KWON SOONYOUNG!” He yelled excitedly. He walked up to you and put his hand out for a handshake.

You had never seen someone so enthusiastic. You timidly put out your hand to shake it and he was like “Nice to meet you!”

You nervously nodded and said “nice to meet you too…”

Your mum smiled and said “she’s very shy, so please be nice to her, Soonyoung!”

“Of course!” He chirped.

That night you and your parents were invited for dinner with Soonyoung’s family. 

When you arrived, Soonyoung grabbed your arm and said “Let’s play! I will show you all my things!”

Amazed at all his things, he said “You can play with anything!”

You and Soonyoung lost track of time and had so much fun with each other, that it was time to go home.

“Can I come again?” You asked. Your mum was shocked because you never asked to go to other people’s houses.

“Of course!” Soonyoung replied. “That’s what friends are for!”

Your eye’s sparkled. ‘Friend?’ You had never had a friend before.

 

“Please mum, I want to go to school with Soonyoung!” You insisted, tugging your mum's arm.

She looked at you confused. ‘You want to go to school?’ She thought to herself. 

In the end, your mum happily let you transfer to Soonyoung’s school.

You put on your new uniform and Soonyoung and his mum were waiting for you at your front door.

When you arrived, your mum wanted a photo of both of you, as you had never been excited for school like this before.

“Make sure you take care of her!” Soonyoung’s mum said to Soonyoung as you guys walked into the school.

“Leave it to me!” He winked and took your hand.

When you arrived at the classroom, two young boys came up to Soonyoung.

“This is my new friend!” Soonyoung introduced you. “These guys are my friends at school.”

“I’m Lee Chan!” One said. “Nice to meet you!!!!”

“I’m Choi Seungcheol.” The other one bowed politely.

And that is when you met Soonyoung, Chan and Seungcheol. Your three best friends.


 

Present:

You were walking to school, on your phone, then suddenly, Soonyoung came up from behind and put his hand around your shoulder.

“HEH?!” He smirked and looked at your phone. “Are you texting Seungcheol?”

“No!” You quickly locked your phone and put it away.

“YOU CAN’T HIDE FROM ME.” He cheekily said. 

When you arrived at school, you saw Chan and Seungcheol waiting at the gate.

“Yo!” Soonyoung greeted. And dragged Chan into the school.

“How are you this morning?” Seungcheol smiled at you and asked.

“I’m good! What about--” Before you could finish, you were interrupted by a herd of excited girls.

 

We made it to the classroom and sat down, with girls still waving at us. Well not at us, but at Seungcheol specifically.

Soonyoung sat down and was like “HGRHHHH, how to be like that man?” He pulled his chair to your desk.

“Maybe if you weren’t such an idiot, you’d get the same amount of attention.” You said with a deadpan serious face.

Soonyoung glared at you (with like those lightning bolts coming out, like when rivals stare at each other in anime XD) and scoffed.

You stared at Seungcheol as he silently sat there reading his book. He noticed you and gave a small smile, causing you to look away and blush.

“Could you be more obvious?” Soonyoung whispered and you hit him lightly.

 

 

Flashback:
 

After becoming good friends with the three boys, you realized how different their personalities were. Soonyoung was so carefree, outgoing and full of energy. Seungcheol, on the other hand, was very quiet. He was mysterious and silent. And Chan?

He was a child HAHA.

You remember that one day Soonyoung and Chan were mucking around, and Soonyoung had gone too far, so Chan would come crying to Seungcheol and complaining about Soonyoung. He was a big cry baby.

Another day, you were sitting next to the football oval, while Soonyoung and Chan were playing and kicking a ball around. 

Seungcheol came to sit next to you by the edge of the field, and he silently read his book. You were mesmerized by his beauty.

“LOOK OUT!” Soonyoung yelled. 

You snapped yourself back into reality one second too late, and you shut your eye’s in fear.

But when you opened them again, Seungcheol had his arm in front of your face, and he had blocked the ball from hitting you.

Soonyoung ran up and said “OOPS SORRY!” And literally ran away.

Seungcheol put his book down and he asked “are you okay?”

That was the moment you started to like Seungcheol. He was like a prince to you. You were the first ever person to think of him that way. 


 

Present:

And yes, as usual, Seungcheol was a popular guy. All throughout primary, and even into highschool. Everyone loved Seungcheol because he gave off this prince like aura. He was silent, and of course, was gorgeous, so he was very much popular amongst the girls. Nothing had changed with Seungcheol.

Soonyoung of course, was still Soonyoung LMFAO.

The biggest change had been Chan. As a child, you remember him just being a huge crybaby. He would complain about everything and cry about everything. But now he was so different. 

You sat there daydreaming in class, reminiscing about the past and how much you loved the three of them, and how much Chan changed.

After class, your heads were still in the clouds and Soonyoung SLAMMED your table.

“YA! I WAS TALKING TO YOU!” He yelled.

You looked at him in shock and said “CALM DOWN, YOU DON’T HAVE TO BANG THE TABLE.”

Soonyoung smiled and said “let’s go, class is done.” And we packed our bags and left.

You all decided to go get dinner together today.

 

When you were crossing the road, there was a bike incoming that you didn’t see.

Chan quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you back into his arms, helping me avoid getting hit by the bike.

“Are you alright? You gotta be careful.” He said.

You looked up at him and said “Thanks.”

This was the first time you had actually realized how much taller Chan had grown. Before he was the same height as you, maybe even shorter. But now you had to look up to see him. It was rather baffling.

Anywho, you went to a restaurant, and Chan and Soonyoung got up to order food, leaving you and Seungcheol at the table.

To this day, you still have this lingering crush on Seungcheol. But it was more the feeling of admiration, than a feeling that you wanted to date him. 

People from our school walked by and waved at Seungcheol.

“Do they bother you?” You asked.

“Doesn’t matter to me.” He shrugged.

“You want to push them away but can’t, because you feel bad, right?” You asked.

He let out a small smile and said “you know me too well, as always.”

Seungcheol was like that. He was quiet, looked intimidating, but is the sweetest person on the inside, and would always put himself before others. 

You smiled back at him.


 

When you had finished, it was time to part ways to go home.

You and Chan walked home together because they were in the same direction.

When you guys were walking home, you both noticed there was a shooting star in the sky.

“WAHHH!” You screamed in excitement. “Chan, let’s make a wish.”

You put your hands together, and so did Chan, and you both made a wish.

“It was so pretty!” You said as you continued to look at the sky. It was filled with stars and the moon was shining brightly.

Chan looked at you and smiled softly, as your eyes sparkled in the moonlight.


 

When you arrived home, Chan gave you a soft and warm hug before waving goodbye to you as you walked into your house.

“Thank you Chan, see you tomorrow!” You said.

 

 

The next day, Soonyoung slid his chair to your table and randomly asked “What do you think of Chan?”

“Chan? Hm, he’s like a baby. Maybe because I have known him for so long as a baby that this is just the image of him I have.” You answered, not thinking much of the question.

“Hmmm.” Soonyoung put his head onto his hand. “Then what about Seungcheol? You like him right?”

You SHUSHED him in shock.

“Why do you like Seungcheol?” Soonyoung asked.

“I’m not sure what I feel about Seungcheol. I think it’s more admiration.” You explained. “He looks so cold on the outside, but he’s actually very sweet on the inside. He’s also smart, and isn’t easily distracted, like you.”

Soonyoung hit me lightly.

He moved his seat back to his table and turned back to say one more thing. “Chan isn’t a baby anymore. And I don’t think you’ve noticed how much Chan has done for you over the past few years.” And left it at that.

You thought to yourself ‘what on earth is this guy talking about?’ And you shook your head as class started.


 

After school, you stayed behind to study longer. You headed to the library and set up your books.

Chan also came in and sat across from you, not saying anything. He just gave you a slight smile. He knew you wanted to concentrate.

Both of you studied in silence, and you took a glance at Chan. Soonyoung was right. He was very very different. His jawline was sharp, he had dyed his hair brown and his gaze was very intense.

‘Wah.’ You thought. ‘I can’t believe this is the Lee Chan.’

He looked up and you made a bit of eye contact with him. You broke it and quickly went back to studying.

He got up and left.

A few minutes later, he came back and placed a small orange juice bottle by my side.

“Your favourite juice.” He smiled and went back to his seat.

You looked at the juice bottle, and it was your favourite brand as well. You thanked him and smiled at him.

He smiled back and you both went back to studying.

 

You had fallen asleep after a while, and Chan lightly placed his jacket on your back, smiling softly at your peaceful face.

The library was closing, so Chan gently shook you  to wake you up.

When you woke up, you saw him packing your things away.

Then he held out his hand and said “Let’s go.”

He picked up your bag and you stared at his hand.

He smiled and grabbed your hand and pulled you up from your chair.

While you walked home together, you thought about what Soonyoung said.


 

Flashback:

One day you were very unwell, and both your parents had gone out of town for work. You laid in bed, unable to move.

Someone let themselves in and ran to your room, bringing a bag of medicines.

You quickly took the medicine before falling asleep.

When you woke up, you felt so much better and the smell of food was coming from your kitchen.

You went and saw Chan standing there preparing food.

He saw you and immediately ran up to you. “Are you alright?!” 

“I’m okay. Were you the one who came earlier?” You asked.

He nodded. “Sorry for letting myself in. You messaged the group chat saying you were really unwell, so I came here.”

“Thank you!” You smiled and both of you ate together.

When Chan went home, Soonyoung called you.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Chan came over, so I’m a lot better now.” You answered.

“Ah, you know he came even though he had other plans? He insisted he be the one to go, telling me and Seungcheol to stay home so we don’t get sick incase.” Soonyoung said. “You should thank him again.”

You thought to yourself ‘he really dropped everything to come help me?’ “Alright… I’ll thank him again.”

“Sleep well~~~~.” Soonyoung said and hung up.


 

Another Flashback:

You had to return a few things to a bookstore.

Once you were done, you began to walk home. But then it started pouring with rain.

You hid under a cafe veranda and the rain just poured harder and harder.

Someone came next to you with an umbrella.

“Chan!” You were shocked. “Why are you here?” You asked.

“I saw the forecast saying it was about to rain heavily. And I know you NEVER bring an umbrella with you anywhere! And you said you were out running errands. So I thought I’d come pick you up.” He said.

You stared at him, shocked that he came all the way out here in this weather just to get you.

You shared a quiet moment where you made eye contact as the rain poured.


 

Back to present:

It felt like Soonyoung planted a seed into your brain and all you could think about was Chan.

“Are you okay?” 

You snapped back to reality after day dreaming and Chan was looking at you with concern.

“You are so out of it right now. Tired?” Chan asked.

You shook your head and avoided looking at him.

You didn’t realize how much Chan had done for you over the years, and he looked after you as you both grew older and older.


 

The next day at school, Chan walked into the classroom, smiled at you and went to his seat. You sat there staring at him.

“HMMMM.”

You got a shock as Soonyoung slid his seat to your table, as usual.

“What do you want you fire starter?” You asked.

He shrugged and said “I’M JUST CHILLIN OVER HERE, I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING. YOU’RE THE ONE STARING AT CHAN.” And he let out a huge laugh.

You hit lightly and said “you caused this.”

He grabbed his arm in pain and said “YOU BULLY. I’m going to the bathroom, bye.” He quickly got up and left, leaving you confused.

Chan walked up to your desk and said “I’m cooking dinner tonight, would you like to come?”

“S-sure.” You responded. “Are Soonyoung and Seungcheol coming?”

Chan shook his head. “Just you this time.” And he winked at me before walking off.

So you went to Chan's house after school for dinner. His parents were not home at the time.

Chan cooked a wonderful meal for the both of you, and it was the most delicious thing you’ve eaten. You always loved Chan’s cooking, and he cooked for you a lot.

 

After dinner, you both went to sit on the couch to watch TV shows.

You looked over at him and caught him staring at you.

“Are you okay?” You asked.

He smiled and outright just said “I like you.”

CAUSING YOU TO INTERNALLY PANIC. Your heart was beating faster and faster, your face felt like it was going to blow up from the heat. 

He leaned in and his face was an inch from yours.

“Do you still think of me as a baby though?” He asked.

You didn’t know how to respond. You were just feeling panicked.

He slowly leaned in, and placed his soft lips against yours. 

You had a rush of feelings go through your body. You had no idea what to feel or do. But you did know one thing, you didn’t want to pull away.

Chan pulled away and said “I’m not a child anymore. I want to be with you and look after you.”

This made you remember all the things that Chan had done for you in the past, and how close you guys actually were. You never noticed.

“If… you are okay with me…” You responded softly.

He smiled and put his hand on your head. “Of course.”


 

So the next day at school, Chan grabbed your hand and said “let’s go.”

You gripped his hand and smiled at him, and you walked into school together.

Soonyoung and Seungcheol watched from a distance.
“This is what you wanted, right?” Soonyoung asked.

“Yes.” Seungcheol responded. “I know the person she truly belongs with is Chan. I’ve been watching over them for so many years now. I know how much he loves her, and how much he cares for her. He is the better person for her.”

He then looked at Soonyoung. “Thank you, for helping her realize who was the one for her.”

“You know it’s hard on me too, that decision was so hard to make! I know you love her as well.” Soonyoung scoffed. But then looked at you and Chan together. “But I also know how much he loves her too.” 

Seungcheol quietly took a breath.

“Are you alright?” Soonyoung asked.

Seungcheol smiled and said “I want them both to be happy. So yes, I’m alright.”

“She’s right, you’re too nice. You put everyone before yourself.” Soonyoung sighed. “AH NO WONDER YOU’RE SO POPULAR WITH GIRLS. WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO COOL AND MATURE HUH? Come on, let’s go join them.”

Soonyoung and Seungcheol both came up behind you and said “OYA, WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?”

And you all walked to class together.

 

-THE END-

 

(Seungcheol was truly a kind person in this dream T^T)