New Memories

One Lucky Rainy Day

Moonbyul was standing near her motorbike and waiting for a certain someone. In her hands she already was holding a red helmet that she has prepared for her date. She wanted to bring some flowers, but then she thought that it may catch attention from strangers and decided to not buy a bouquet. Instead she personalised the helmet she has purchased online. This red helmet has now a baby blue letter “S” on it and some little hearts nearby. The girl was looking at it and all of the sudden she became overwhelmed. Maybe she should have gone with flower option, or maybe chocolate. She remembers the singer mentioned in one of her interviews that she likes eating chocolate. Wasn’t the personalised helmet a bit too much? It’s only their second date. Many other thoughts started to race on her mind. But they all disappeared once she saw her, Yongsun. 

The singer was dressed quite simply and on her face there was only a slight touch of make up, nevertheless, she still looked very gorgeous. Moonbyul even felt like she has stopped breathing for a minute, or maybe even more. Yongsun’s appearance put her whole world into a slow motion. But soon she has realised that she still needs to be alive. Because right now, she and the singer are going to have a date and this is not a time to die, but the time to live and thrive. The bookshop owner hoped that the older girl will like what she has planned for them. She wanted this date to be romantic and enjoyable. At the same time, something that will impress the singer and leave a great memory for a long time. Preferably, for the whole life, so that in the future she can tell her grandkids how cool their grandma was, making the K-POP icon fall in love with her immediately after their second date. Little did she know that the singer already felt for this trap called love.

In order to begin their love journey on a romantic note, she even took her old retro motorbike from her school days instead of her new motorbike. She used to watch a lot of movies with Seulgi, including French movie “Amelie”, and there, at the end of the movie, the main couple was riding an old motorcycle. She recalls finding that scene very beautiful and wishing to have a similar ride with someone special. That is an explanation to why she has decided to drive her old motorbike today. Moreover, with this old but still very capable red thing on the wheels, she has spent the best times during her teenage years. This motorbike drove her through so many adventures and holds so many cherished memories. And that’s why she wanted to make new special memory while riding this motorbike, a memory with Yongsun, that was standing right now in front of her.

 

“Hello!” with a wide smile greeted the singer Byul, she couldn’t contain her uplifted mood, because she has been so excited about this date. Even though she did chat on phone with the girl, still due to her busy schedule it wasn’t very often. Yongsun has missed the bookshop owner, a very cute bookshop owner.

“Hi…you look really beautiful.” Byul still kind of was in a trance, which didn’t go unnoticed by the singer who giggled a bit. But the younger girl then came back to the earth and smiled to the singer. “Are you ready for a ride?”, asked she the singer. She did not want to waste any time. 

Yongsun nodded. 

Byul took the helmet. “I made this for you. I mean I designed it…”, she awkwardly showed the helmet to the singer.

“Woah….this is really for me?”, Yongsun was surprised. She has never received this kind of present before. She saw the hearts near the letter “S” and they made her own heart flutter. 

“Can you put it on me?”, asked the singer. “I actually have never had a chance to ride a motorbike, can I trust you with my life?”, teased she the bookshop owner. She also in a meantime took her sunglasses and hat off. 

Byul chucked. “Oh yeah, you can trust me. I mean I am pretty aware that if anything will happen to you, your fans will not spare my life for sure.“  She took the helmet and put it on the singer, being that close to her also made her a bit nervous, but then she gave a look to the singer again and giggled. Yongsun looked quite cute in the helmet, her cheeks were pushed up. And now singer’s eyes widened in a question of why Moonbyul was laughing, which made Byul say something that made the older girl blush. “You are so adorably cute.”

The was a minute of silence between the girls which was broken by Byul, “Ok, the first and the last rule of riding the motorbike as a passenger: You have to hold tight onto me.”

“Hmmm, I see now why people decide to take a motorbike for a date.”, winked the singer which made Byul blush a bit because she felt as she was exposed. She then sat on the vehicle and the singer followed her. Once she put her hands around the girl, Byul felt as her heart will jump out her chest. She started the engine and the couple was on their way to their first destination. 

 

* * *

 

Their first stop was a place that offered delicious tteokboki that was made following an old family receipt of the owner’s passed-away grandma. The concept of the little eatery is quite unique. There is only one table, and it also doesn’t have regular hours, one has to call the owner and reserve the place beforehand. Moonbyul found about this place through Hani, the owner was her friend and she told her that she can wholly trust him. He already had some public figures as clients and he made sure that they are well protected and feel safe at his place. So far, press wasn’t able to get anything on his public clients. There is also none of the information of the place online and it even doesn’t look like a restaurant from the outside. Hani even herself called him and reserved a place for her. Moonbyul immediately hugged her friend kissing her cheeks with the words: “In Hani we can trust!”. Firstly she thought about asking her aunt that owns a restaurant if she could offer her a private room there. But at the same time she knew that if she does it then her aunt immediately will tell everything to her mother and Moonbyul wasn’t ready to deal with her mom questioning her, she still was not sure if this relationship will happen. What if after this date the singer won’t be interested in her anymore? She hoped it wouldn’t be a case. And it was not a case, the bookshop owner just overthinks too much due how much she really likes the older girl, to the point that it feels terrifying, to be that much into someone.

Right now the couple was sitting at the table enjoying the atmosphere of the place. If on the outside it looked a bit scary, the inside interior was incredible. There were quite a lot of flowers, the lamp was hanging above in middle of the table. There weren’t a lot of light making the atmosphere much more intimate, the cook after finishing the dishes and serving them, left them on their own and disappeared in the kitchen. There was romantic music playing. For a moment Moonbyul thought maybe she has crossed a line a bit with such romantic place, but one look at the singer told her that it wasn’t a case. Yongsun looked very happy. The smile didn’t leave her face the entire time.

“This place is beautiful” said the singer. “ I didn’t even know something like that exist.” continued she.

“Same, to be honest. But I got them connections, you know!” winked Moonbyul and gained a laugh from the other girl.

During their dinner they shared many laughs and smiles. Yongsun told her some funny stories during the time she was promoting her latest release „Spit It Out“. When Moonbyul was giving her questions about upcoming releases or so awaiting album, Yongsun only mysteriously smiled, but she did gave her a little spoiler saying that the title to the next song is related to something sweet, making the younger girl pout and saying that there are so many things that are sweet. Byul also talked a bit about her usual routine at bookshop, and then they switched the topic to the animals. Byul showed Yongsun the photos of her dogs and had also to promise that she will let them meet the singer. 

„I think you will make good friends with Keongang.“

„Why?“, asked her Yongsun.

„You are both maknaes and also so energetic. The other two dogs are more quiet.“, answered Byul. „And I have to confess, but please never tell the puppies what you have just heard…but Keongang is also my favourite.“

Yongsun laughed, but then she teasingly smiled, „And what about me?“

„What about you?“, the bookshop owner suddenly got nervous.

„Am I your favourite?“, flirted the singer with the younger girl.

Moonbyul could feel her cheeks getting red a bit, nevertheless she confidently proceeded, „Yes, you are.“

After spending some more time at the place where they shared their meal and nice conversations, Byul looked at the singer, „I want to take you somewhere else.“ Yongsun looked at her surprised, she thought that this nice dinner was all. „It’s not far away so we won’t need the motorbike.”, added the younger girl. The singer nodded, then she looked at the small window and even though it was only almost 7pm, it was already very dark. She decided not to put her glasses and hat on anymore.

 

* * *

 

Moonbyul took the singer’s hand and lead her to the door. The girls, of course, while leaving the place thanked the owner for the delicious food and such a great atmosphere. Yongsun also left her autograph, apparently the owner’s niece was a big fan of her. Going straightforward and then turning to the left, they entered the second building on the street. Yongsun followed Byul upstairs without having a single clue where are they going exactly. Moonbyul opened the door and the singer was surprised to see a big hall filled with arcades. There was a billiard table standing in the middle and on the right side a little cozy cinema center, while on the left side many kind of arcade games machines. How Byul even knows about a place like this? Yongsun hasn’t been to arcades in a long time, last time probably was when she was still in the high school, so the singer was really surprised.

“Let have some fun?”, asked Byul the older girl, being also pleased that she managed to surprise her. 

They started with the racing games and Moonbyul was surprised that Yongsun had won multiple times. And not only in racing games, but also in games where they had to shoot some zombies, apparently the singer got some good skills in shooting. Not only in shooting zombies but also being a cupid and shooting arrows into her heart.

“You got some hidden talents…” she said amazingly once the older girl even won a boxing game. 

The singer smirked, “I got to make girl feel safe by my side.” 

Those words did manage to make Moonbyul blush, but she quickly tried to hide it. “Let’s see if you can throw some balls?”, said she and took the singer to the basketball arcade machine. Apparently, in this game Yongsun was not the best. She wasn’t able to throw any ball in the basket. She definitely wasn’t good in games where balls were involved. 

“Let me help you.”, Moonbyul stood behind her. Yongsun could feel Byul's breathing near her ear, she could feel the warmth of her body. "You shouldn't position your elbow directly under the ball, but in the way that it's inline with your shoulder.", started Byul while adjusting singer's arms' positions. "With the right hand hold the back of the ball firmly and the other hand should be on the side of the ball, guiding the shot.", the younger girl continued to teach the singer, who tried her best to focus on the ball and her words and not the touches of the girl and her being that close. 

"And now we have to push the ball and...", the ball got released from the singer's hands and landed in the basket, making her gain her first two points in this game."...you made a basket."

Yongsun turned around and looked at Byul. She was met with warm eyes that were looking at her back. Then her glance lowered to Byul's lips, unconsciously biting her own. She wanted to kiss the girl in front of her, but did Byul wanted it too? It was only their second date, an amazing second date, she feared that maybe it is was too early. She did not want to scare the younger girl away. While Yongsun was overthinking in her head, Moonbyul slowly leaned in. Yongsun was brought to the reality once she felt wam lips on her own lips. Her hands found their place around Byul's neck. The kiss was not lasting long. They looked at each other, silently confirming that they wanted this both, then Yongsun pulled the bookshop owner for another kiss. Byul's hand moves to the singer's cheek, another hand pulls moves around singer's waist and pulling her closer. 

Somehow now the couple has moved to a billiard table while making out. Once they tasted each other’s lips, they couldn’t get enough. Moonbyul put the singer on top of  the billiard table while stealing more kisses from the singer’s lips. Then she was about to attach her own lips to the neck of the woman under her, when their making-out session was stopped  when Solar exclaimed in pain.

„The balls…“, hissed her.

„What?“, Moonbyul looked down to her female private part and being confused because she didn’t have balls.

The confused loos on the bookshop owner made Yongsun laugh while still being in a pain. „Yah! I’m talking about billiard balls.“, said she and tried to get off the table, which she was able to do so with the help of the younger girl.

„Oh! I’m sorry!“, apologised Byul while helping the singer. Once they both were standing on their feet, they started to laugh.

 

The date continued as the girls moved to the cinema center and started to enjoy a romantic movie with some popcorn. Actually, it was just Yongsun, who was focused on watching a movie while Byul was watching her and those stares didn’t go unnoticed by the singer.

“You don’t enjoy watching movies?”, asked Yongsun while facing the younger girl.

“I’m actually not the biggest fan of them, but my sister is such a big movie freak.”, chuckled Moonbyul while thinking of Seulgi. Some memories of their visits to cinema emerged on her mind and she smiled a bit sadly. She missed those old times when she got along with Seulgi well. “I used to take her often to the cinema when we were younger.”

“You have a sister?”, with curiosity asked Yongsun not paying any attention to the movie anymore.

“Two of them. I’m the eldest though. I have also heard that your sister is studying in London?” Moonbyul remembered one Vlive, where the idol once mentioned about her older sister, Yonghee.

“Not anymore. She returned back to South Korea last year.”, answered Yongsun and slowly started to close the distance between them. Once their sides were touching, she put her hand on the bookshop owner’s tight and looked at her with a pout, “Tell me more about yourself, because you know quite a lot about me but I don’t, which is unfair.” 

Moonbyul thought for a second, “Where should I start…my dad’s is a cook, my mom is a doctor, my youngest sister is still going to school and the other one works as photographer…I already showed you my precious three corgis and lately I have actually been thinking lately about adopting a new dog…”,the girl thought again. “What else…I am the biggest fan of TVQX and f(x). When I was a kid I  wanted to marry Yunho Oppa, but once f(x) debuted I realised that I would like to marry Krystal.”

Yongsun was closely listening to the girl, wanting to remember those details about her. “Krystal?”, raised she her eyebrows with a mix of little jealousy and a bit of curiosity what the girl will tell her now. 

“Yeah, she is like the most beautiful Kpop idol I have ever seen.”, said Moonbyul but then realised what she said and tried to quickly correct herself. “…she was the most beautiful one…until you made your debut. Then you became my number one.”, said the girl cutely scrunching her nose, "...actually whole South Korea's number one."

Yongsun found the girl adorable and was satisfied with the answer, but still felt a little bit jealous. She straddled her lap forgetting wholly about the movie. It was just a background noise now. She made an eye contact with Byul, looking if the girl felt uncomfortable and if she should stop, but all she saw was the lust in her eyes which motivated her to move closer to her face, breathing now against . Moonbyul hands moved around the singer’s waist and she pulled her closer to her body and then again she was the first one to initiate the kiss. She felt how Yongsun's lips started to part and she did the same, brushing with the tio of her tongues against singer's as soon as she had opened her mouthjust a little bit. She could heard a little moan, and for a second a thought emerged that even the singer's moans sound heavenly. 

"Every part of you is my number one", whispered Byul while taking a little break during the kissing. The singer responded to it by kissing the younger girl more deeply than before. This kiss was slow, but also it felt fast speeded, Byul was unable to explain it and she didn't want to waste time with silly explanation. 

Yongsun was the first to break their kissing session.

"I really like you.", whispered she against Byul's cheel, kissing it softly afterwards.

"You really like me, or kissing me?", asked the younger girl teasingly.

"Both. I really like you and I really like kissing you.", smiled Yongsun. Right now, she felt the warmth in her heart, she has never felt before with anyone else. "She is the one.", thought Yongsun, "She is the one."

 

* * *

 

Moonbyul put her helmet on her old motorbike and turned to Yongsun who took her hand and together they walked to the door of the building, where the singer lives. Yongsun looked at their interlocked fingers and smiled. She was happy at this moment and she wished to remember it forever. She fought with the urge to invite the younger girl to her apartment, but the rational side of her brain reminded her that she haven’t yet told her sister about her new lover, moreover she has to leave her house again in two hours, there is pre-recording of a show she has to film. For a second, Yongsun really wished that she wasn’t a famous idol. 

„Thank you for today, I really had an incredible time with you.“, said the singer while letting go of the Byul’s hand. „Oh, also wanted to ask, will I see you at party?“, she almost forgot about her party that will happen in two days.

Moonbyul was a little bit sad when the singer let go of her hand, in all honesty, she didn’t want to part with her. „You’re, welcome, I also spent amazing time with you.“; she smiled sincerely. „And yes, I will come.“

Yongsun widely smiled and already got excited. „That’s, great, I really want you to get to know one of my best friends, and it just will mean a lot to me having you there.“

Hearing those words made Byul’s heart flutter and also she got a little boast of confidence in herself, „Can I kiss you goodbye?“

Even though they did make out today quite a couple of time, Yongsun felt a bit shy, nevertheless she nodded giving her consent to the bookshop owner and the next thing was the feeling of warm lips on her own making her close her eyes. The kiss was so tender, making both girls melt in it. They had to pull apart, but both of them surely knew that this is not their last kiss, there are more kisses that will be shared between them.

 

„Goodnight Byulie.“

„Goodnight Yongsun-unnie.“

 

And after their parting, both girl returned to their apartments. Yongsun quietly entered her apartment trying not to wake up her sister and went to the bathroom to refresh herself and start packing for work. Byul drover herself home, she put her motorbike in the garage, smiling realising what nice new memories she was able to share with her old buddy on the wheels. Once she entered her apartment, she took a quick shower, answered some messages from Hani and Wheein, who were curious how her date went on and then she with a smile on her face entered the land of dreams.

 

* * *

 

Hyejin‘s towered over Seulgi whose eyes were slightly shut, on the other hand was slightly open. There were drops of sweat on her forehead, the brunette pushed a strand of her hair out of her face and kissed softly her a bit swelled lips. She felt photographer‘s hands embrace her body tightly making her position her head on her lover‘s chest, listening to how her heartbeat was calming down. 

They were laying silently in an embrace. But then Hyejin broke the silence: „Wanna play another game?„ 

 

„Another game?“, Seulgi was a bit puzzled because she does not remember them playing any kind of games today.

„This was my favourite one - making love game.” ,said brunette with a slyness in her voice and left a little kiss on Seulgi’s collarbone that slightly rolled her eyes with a smile once she understood what her girlfriend meant. “But now maybe we can play questions game? I’ll ask you any kind of question, then it’s your turn, and so we take our turns. Please no cheating though.”, Hyejin saw somewhere on YouTube, a couple playing this kind of game. It may not be so entertaining, but she thought it was a great way to get to know your partner closer.

Seulgi agreed, her hand now was toying with Hyejin’s hair. 

“Well, then I go first because I suggested it.” 

“Of course, my lady.”, chuckled photographer and gave a peck on brunette’s hair crown. 

 

Hyejin got quite excited. Her finger moved to touch teasingly Seulgi’s pierced , while starting with her question. “What motivated you to get a piercing?”, she felt how the body under her was slightly trembling. Hyejin smirked pleasingly over the fact how easily she could arouse her lover.

Seulgi tried her best to control her body and focus on answering the question. 

“I just wanted to do something that my parents wouldn’t approve but at the same time I just could not make it so obvious because I did not want to fight with them. So just knowing that I had something they hated without them knowing about it, made me feel quite rebellious. But after I got it pierced I realised it was a stupid and childish decision.” 

Hwasa took the in and with her tongues made a circle around it. Then she let it out and moved to Seulgi lips, sensually whispering: “I’d say it was a y decision.” 

 

Seulgi turned them around. „My turn. Who did you want to become when you was a kid?”, asked the photographer with a curiosity. 

„Hmmm… honestly I didn’t think much about who I want to be. But, I was I interested in fashion I’d say…I remember trying on my sisters’ dresses and pretending I was a model.”, Hyejin smiled remembering how as a kid she made some fashion show runs for her parents. She used to put on her sister’s heels which were too big for her, then she would put on the most extravagant scarf she could find in their closet. The little Hyejin put Beyoncé’s music on and was walking through long corridor following into the living room where her family was sitting and clapping. She missed those moments and she missed her family. “It was just for fun only…I don’t think I really had a certain dream job on my mind.” 

Seulgi looked at her. “But…you know you really can become a model.", The brunette under her laughed “Don’t joke, I don’t have it in me. Have you seen me? And like you work with a lot of models…so you know what criteria are needed and so on…”, Hyejin just tried it shake off this topic. 

Seulgi was surprised. She indeed though that Hwasa has it in her. That how she actually got to know each other. Seulgi was mesmerised by her beauty and asked her to be her model for a personal project. She also now realised that her girlfriend probably didn’t take their first photoshoot sessions seriously.   

„I’m serious though…", she got up a bit and looked at her girlfriend in her glory. „…and this is coming from someone who has indeed worked with models.“ 

Hyejin blushed under her lover’s stare. “Yah! That’s only because I managed to charm you…”, she didn’t want to continue with this topic, so she pulled the girl into a kiss as not letting her continue speaking. Seulgi closed her eyes, enjoying the kiss that was soon over. “Are you sure it’s not a love game?…ouch.”, Hyejin pinched her. “You promised not to cheat, and it’s my turn!”, said she making Seulgi just shake her head, enjoying the childish behaviour of her lover. 

 

The brunette thought for a while and then hit up with another question, “Who was your best friend at school?” 

“I didn’t have friends.”

“What? Why?”

Seulgi did not really know how to answer this question. “I mean I had nice relationships with all of my classmates but I would not consider them as  my friends.”, she chuckled, “They were just like colleagues to me.” 

The thing is Seulgi was just way to introverted to let someone to get to know he closer. Hyejin looked at her with a sad smile. She thought about her days at school with Wheein. They had so much fun together. Somehow imagining Seulgi being all lonely made her feel a bit down. 

The singer noticed the change of the mood, “I ’d say my first real friend is Yongsun unnie.”, Seulgi smiled thinking of the singer. “I actually also did not think that we will be friends, but she can be sometimes so…”. Suddenly they heard a phone ringtone. It was Yongsun. Just exactly at the right time, thought the photographer. She took a phone and chucked. “How I was saying she can be sometimes really clingy in special own way.” She answered the call and put the phone to the ear, “Hi unnie, what’s up?”

 

“I THINK IM IN LOVE. I REALLY THINK SHE IS THE ONE SEULGI!”

 

Even though the phone was not even on the loudspeaker Hyejin could hear the loud and excited voice of the singer which made her giggle a bit. Seulgi also chuckled and shook her head. Her friend falls in love way too easy.

“You said the same about the last girl you met but she was apparently just quoting your own words, “Experimenting”.”

“Seulgi this time it’s different! Trust me.”, the voice of Yongsun was firm and she truly felt like finally she was able to find the right person. It felt like she was a “S” pole and Moonbyul was a “N” pole and by laws of magnetism, they simply were pulled to each other. 

 

The photographer hesitated, “I’ll trust you when I’ see her with my own eyes.”

“And you will, Seulgi! I invited her to the party! And I’m calling you to remind about it actually…” said the singer on the phone. 

“I remember about it. Saturday, 7PM.” 

“But you know that you have to come one hour earlier to help me?”, asked the photographer Yongsun.

 

Seulgi was confused for a second because it is not like Yongsun personally decorates the room, it was a special rented place for the parties that will be decorated by professionals. Also the same thing with the preparation of the food and drinks. 

“To help you with what?”

“With calming my nerves. Because she will come to the party and I also need your opinion about my outfit because my stylist has fallen sick and I just need you.” Yongsun really wanted this party to be perfect, even though perfection does not exist. She really hope that Seulgi will like Moonbyul.

“I got it. Saturday, 6PM is it.” 

“Good, will Hyejin be able to come with you?”, asked singer. 

“She will be late to the party. Her shift ends exactly at 7PM and she needs around an hour to get to the place…?”, turned the photographer to the brunette which nodded to confirm. 

“Ok, then I guess goodnight to you two…my gut feeling  is telling me that you probably right now at Hyejin’s place and that your apartment is probably getting some cobwebs at this point. It is being rented by spiders.”

Seulgi just chucked, sometimes Yongsun unnie could be quite annoying. “Goodnight to you too unnie, from me and Hyejin too.” Their call ended on this note. Seulgi thought about Yongsun. She, of course, was happy if her friend really found someone to love but she also was worried. Hopefully this time the person is really someone who is worth of Yongsun’s love and would treat her friend right.