Love at the First Sight?

One Lucky Rainy Day

Moonbyul entered the shop and in front of her of course was standing her smaller friend with a quite angry expression on her face. But it wasn’t terrifying one, on the contrary, the younger looked quite cute, standing with a pout and knitted eyebrows, arms folded.

“I cannot believe you just take away from me an opportunity to take a photo with Solar and maybe get her autograph.” Wheein started to whine and giving the older girl a look that portrayed her disbelief mixed with betrayal. “…I get that she is your biggest celebrity crush and all, but sharing is caring!” 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes. “Look, she came unexpectedly…and she really wanted to have some peaceful time, enjoying being a regular human being. I didn’t want her to get overwhelmed by a human sized puppy.” The bookshop owner realized that she was rude to her friend, maybe inndeed in reality she was just greedy and wanted to have all Solar’s attention to herself. She signed. “I’m sorry. But also what brings you so early here? Did something happen?”

“Yes. I and Jaebum broke up.” The angry expression on Wheein’s face turned into sad one. Her eyes got a bit teary.

“What?” Moonbyul couldn’t believe what she has just heard. Wheein and Jaebum have been dating for almost 7 years. They were perfect for each other. Wheein was energetic while Jaebum was calm and collected, that’s was a perfect balance. Both were also artistic while Wheein was interested in painting Jaebum loved photography. Wheein likes tattoos. Jaebum likes piercings. They also were fans of R’n’B music and actually got to meet each other as they became members of a dance crew in the high school. During 7 years of being in a relationship they became parents to three cats. What about cats now? How would they share them? The taller girl was getting paler and she stood with an opened mouth motionless at the same place. Then she heard Wheein’s voice:“This was a joke.”

Moonbyul felt her heart beating again she was about to scold the cunning girl when the other added: “It’s my revenge for you taking away from me an opportunity to get any kind of interaction with Solar.” 

Moonbyul calmed yourself down. “Fair.”

Wheein showed her tongue, then she moved to the kitchen. “Also Jaebum and me breaking up? That’s nonsense. He is like my sixth finger on my right hand.” 

The older girl didn’t want to question her friend’s remark about sixth finger. She wouldn’t be able to understand it anyway. Wheein’s way of thinking is way too unique for this world. The girl herself is unique and that’s one of her many other charms. “Anyway what is the real reason of you coming here so early?” 

The puppy like girl returned from the kitchen with a cup of tea and on her face you could again see a little cunning smile. “To spill some tea.” She moved with her eyebrows up and down while taking a seat in the armchair. Moonbyul followed her and sat on another armchair facing her friend. She looked at her watch and saw that it still was around 8 am, what meant that they still have around one hour of time before first possible customer will arrive. “Spill it or how Solar would say soon in her comeback - Spit It Out!” 

Wheein put took a sip of her tea and then put the cup on the little table in between the armchairs. She dramatically moved with her left hand to the side. “You know Moon Seulgi, right?” 

The bookshop owner was confused if her friend is in her right mind. She unsure said: “Yes?…That’s my sister…” Then Wheein moved the right hand to the other side. “And you are familiar with Ahn Hyejin, also known as Hwasa?” Moonbyul nodded with the words: “That’s our friend…we hang out together…”

All of the sudden Wheein clapped with her hands. “They are dating!” 

From confused the taller girl went to shocked. Her sister was dating Hwasa? No way! “Who told you?” 

Wheein didn’t like her friend’s expression. She knows that Moon sisters aren’t close with each other but she also knows that Moonbyul adores Hwasa and maybe her knowing that Hwasa dating her sister would have made her think that her sister is not a bad person and maybe now they could finally get closer. Now Wheein realized that maybe telling Moonbyul this news wasn’t the best idea. “Hyejin told me.”

“She better break up with her. Seulgi is probably playing with her. She is cold, heartless and arrogant. And Hyejin is so loving and kind…They are not a match." Moonbyul still was in the disbelief. How could someone so nice and kind like Hwasa be attracted to someone as cold as her sister was.

The puppy like girl didn't like her friend's attitude. Moonbyul's reason of why she disliked her sister was irrational. She has met Seulgi before, the girl helped Jaebum to organize his first photography exhibition. Even though Wheein didn't become very close with her friend's sister, but her boyfriend gained a friend. Nevertheless herself Wheein still found Seulgi quite nice. Yes, she has that certain cold aura around her but some people tend to look a bit intimidating, it doesn’t have to mean automatically that they are arrogant and bad. 

“Hyejin was actually very happy when she told me about it.” Wheein sternly looked at her friend and continued. “I regret telling you this…no, I actually don’t because I can only imagine how sad Hyejin would have been if she saw you reacting like this after she would have announced this news to you.” The younger girl took another sip of her tea as to calm herself down. Both Byulie and Hyejin were her dear friends and she wished them only happiness. “Look, I am not trying to force you to start liking your sister all of the sudden. But, you want Hyejin to be happy right? So all I’d like to ask you is to try to tolerate their relationship and not to mess with it, ok?”

Byul nodded. Wheein was right. She wants Hyejin to be happy. She still disliked the thought that her sister is the one who attracted her friend, but their relationship is their relationship. She shouldn’t pry.

Wheein signed. “Let’s switch the topic! Tell me all about the Solar thing. How on the earth she happened to visit your bookshop?” 

The bookshop owner smiled once she heard the name of the singer and started to tell her friend the whole story that happened this morning. And after a while they both greeted a customer that came in with his umbrella and ordered a cup of coffee. Wheein stayed for a while and then she had to leave because she promised her boyfriend to go with him to look out for certain camera equipment. Another regular customer visited the shop. Moonbyul has always liked rainy days but this one was definitely lucky one because can you believe? She got to meet her biggest celebrity crush - Solar.

 

***

Yongsun has just finished the photoshoot for her upcoming album. Last week her team already released the teaser and the name of the single which is called “Spit It Out”. Many fans are already really curious about the song and the concept, but little they know what a surprise is awaiting for them. They will see it in the upcoming and last teaser. 

Right now, she was entering the room where she found the young photographer with whom she has been working since her second year after she debuted. She still clearly remembers the day when she met the younger girl. 

 

When she debuted not many people were interested in her. They didn’t believe that she will become successful because her agency wasn’t well known and she herself didn’t fit the standards of the today's music industry. But Yongsun doesn't  give up, she will always try and try again until she reaches her goal. So, at that day she had a photoshoot and the photographer was very rude to her, he kept on telling her that she is too short or to stiff. He mentioned that her chubby cheeks make portrait photos look bad. He complained that her agency should have payed him much more because it is hard for him to make great photos of a bad model. Those words really hurt the singer and she felt like she was about to cry. This was so humiliating, standing in a beautiful dress and listen to those mean words while being surrounded also by other staff. 

Moon Seulgi worked as a photographer’s assistant at that time. And the younger girl really looked like she didn’t care much. She wore a cold expression on her face. At the beginning she actually thought that her boss will stop after a couple of remarks, she didn’t want to meddle in this situation. But after a while it was getting annoying so she snapped. She just stopped holding the equipment and told the dude that the singer doesn’t lack in anything and that the whole reason why he can’t take proper photos of her is because he is a bad photographer. Seulgi said this in such cold and intimidating tone that the photographer and other stuff were silenced for a couple of minutes. Then the guy returned to the earth and was about to fire his assistant but was too late because the girl said herself that she is quitting the job and left the studio. 

After observing this scene something clicked in Yongsun. She went to her manager that stood in the corner and asked him to cancel the whole photoshoot. The poor manager was about to disagree and tell her that the agency would be very mad if they do so because they don’t have enough time to hire someone else in a very short time. But Yongsun insisted on cancelling the whole photoshoot at that moment and assured her manager that she already has found someone. After this she quickly went to find the young girl that stood up for her while others weren’t brave enough to do so. To her luck she was able to find her in the corridor, the girl was calmly enjoying a cup of coffee as she didn’t just lose her job. But to her luck she gained another one immediately. The singer approached her with an offer to shoot her and Seulgi agreed. This is how they started to work together and also this is how they became friends.

 

“I see something good happened to you. It was so unlike you to be so smiling the whole photoshoot and even staff was quite conflicted if it is really was you. You were way too nice to them today.” Yongsun smiled approaching her friend. Seulgi was known as being someone intimidating and blunt. The younger girl has some trust issues, so she doesn’t open up easily to other people. Nonetheless she was very good in her job and everyone admired her works and professionalism. “So tell me, what has put you in such good mood? You know, sharing is caring.” Yongsun winked to the young photographer while taking a sit on a chair across the mirror.

“She agreed.” 

“What? Who?”

“Hyejin. The girl that I met and asked to become a model for my project.”

Seulgi was having a creative block for a while. Yes, she did photoshots for some artists. But she couldn’t enjoy taking photos in her free time for her own stuff. And it has been a while since she has hosted her own photography exhibition. So once while wandering around the city she met Hyejin. She was in awe by her beauty and all of the sudden there was this urge to take photos of the beautiful girl. Many photos. Seulgi approached her future girlfriend and bluntly asked her if the beautiful girl won’t mind to become her model for a week or two. To her surprise the girl with the tanned skin and beautiful warm smile agreed. Hyejin became Seulgi’s muse. And during those weeks while Hyejin was her model, Seulgi realized that she is falling for her. Hyejin was beautiful inside and outside. She always managed to make Seulgi smile just by simple greeting her. So the photographer asked her muse on a date, then a second one, then third. And only two days ago she asked her to be her girlfriend. Hyejin agreed. Her muse is now her girlfriend and Seulgi has never been so happy before. She truly thinks that she has found the love of her life.

 

“Your muse? Omg, congratulations Seulgi!” Yongsun was truly happy for Seulgi, she still didn’t have an opportunity to meet the mysterious muse of her friend face to face. But that girl made Seulgi smile much often. 

“Unnie... I still can’t believe it to be honest.” Seulgi sat in the chair next to Yongsun. She excitedly raised her hand up and shook it as she has just won an Olympic race. The singer found this moment so cute, it was probably her first time seeing the younger girl acting so cute. She giggled then turned to the mirror and started to wipe away her make up with some tissues. 

“What about you?” Seulgi calmed down a bit and now observed the singer.

“What about me?”

“Unnie, yiu really think I haven’t noticed your dreamy eyes and you spacing out from time to time?” Seulgi of course as photographer noticed that her friend was thinking about something or more likely about someone during the whole photoshoot. 

Yongsun turned to her friend and told her about what happened to her two days ago. She told her about running away from paparazzi and finding a hideout in a bookshop with a very nice and charming owner. She didn’t really mention the name of both shop and the owner because she didn’t want to deepen into details. The singer shortly retold the whole story to her friend.

“I can’t stop thinking about her.”

Seulgi listened to her older friend and somehow this reminded of the time when she met Hyejin. Now she can surely say that there is a certain spiritual power that pull certain people to each other. “Call her.”

“I don’t have her number.” Yongsun really regretted not asking for Moonbyul’s number. She of course doesn’t give her phone number to any random stranger but with Moonbyul she felt safe. And she was somehow sure that the bookshop owner wouldn’t sell her number to the yellow press.

“You said that she is the owner of that bookshop, so just call there.” 

Yongsun thought about this too but what would she say to her as she calls her. She shared her thoughts with her friend.

“You can say that you want to take her out somewhere to eat as to thank her for giving you a hideout from paparazzi on a rainy day?” 

Yongsun looked at Seulgi and smiled widely. She then stood up and went to give her a big tight hug. “You’re genius!” She kissed Seulgi’s cheeks playfully. The photographer actually didn’t like hugs and was not so touchy with other people, so she whined and tried to escape both hug and kisses but she then just gave up.

“You know…there are only two people whom I allow to hug myself like that. It’s you and Hyejin.” Then Seulgi still managed to free herself from the singer. “But enough is enough.” 

Yongsun laughed looking at her friend. Just the thought of hearing Moonbyul’s voice again made her happy. Maybe it is silly to get attracted to someone so quickly but maybe love at the first sight do really exist.

 

...

Also this is how I imagine Moon Seulgi in my head: