chapter 2

Why Her?

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

Hana's dance outfit.

 

 

 

 

The whole night was filled with laughs and silly arguments about how to bowl. Subin has been all over the place and, she’s been around seeing everyone and talking nonstop. I’m sitting down watching as I see Jin-young walking towards me. He smiles with his mouth and eyes as he sits down next to me. “Hana, why are you not talking to anyone, and sitting alone?” Jin-young has always been like an older brother to me. Last year when I was having a tough time before our winter evaluation, he helped me with the vocals which I was having a tough time with. Any time I needed help; he is always there. “I’m just enjoying watching, I don’t mind being alone.” I say to him as he looks towards Subin as she laughs with a group of others. “Subin has been really excited about tonight. I think she has been wanting everyone to have something fun to think about.” I smirk at Jin-young “Did she tell you that? Or are you just assuming?” He smiles and shakes his head with a low laugh “Ha, no but I can tell.” I look over at Subin as I see her and Nayeon with a group of other girls. Her laugh makes everyone join along with her. Its intoxicating. Nayeon turns her head slightly towards me as I slowly move my gaze elsewhere. I shouldn’t be looking at her anymore. It was never supposed to happen, and it won’t happen again. I haven’t told anyone what happened, especially Jin-young. “Yaa? What are you looking at?” I turn to him, “Huh?” He smirks “Who are you looking at?” I laugh him off and hit his shoulder “No one ha-ha” ...

Rest of the night went well, but on Monday we all needed to be ready. Especially Subin and me. Were both so close to almost debuting. Just one more evaluation. I sit on the floor of the studio and put a cold cloth on my neck as I watch others do their evaluations. I put my headphones on and close my eyes. Take away everything around me and just focus. No distractions. lightly I feel a hand touch my shoulder. I open my eyes and turn my head. She’s smiling at me again. Not now. “What are you doing here Unnie?” I ask Nayeon as she smiles “I wanted to cheer you and Subin on?” Nayeon says as she holds her hands into fist and wished me luck. I don’t think she truly knew how she made me feel. I think she never really thought it meant anything. It doesn’t seem to affect her, as much as me. This isn’t good. I’m going to mess up I know it. My mind is going to wander during my evaluation, and I can’t have that. I get up and walk to the back corner of the room. I’m pacing back and forth, as Jin-young walks up to me. “Are you ok? You look super anxious.” I just take deep breathes. I can’t have distractions for my dream to come true. My life could change after today. I look past his shoulder “I need you to take Nayeon Unnie somewhere, please.” Jin-young looks at me and then Nayeon and seems confused. But he doesn’t ask why. He nods his head “If that will help you, then of course.” He turns and walks towards her. I close my eyes and focus. Shake my body and stretch. I open and see them leave together. Good, now I can focus. Subin comes up to me with our matching outfits on. “Unnie are you ready? Were next.” I nod my head, and we walk with the other five members to the centre of the room in front of everyone. I stand in the centre position, waiting for the music to begin.