chapter 3

Why Her?

"Everyone we have five minutes until the opening. Please be at the stage entrance in two minutes.” The producer leaves our changing room as she rushes past. My in ears are being put in as I stretch my arms fully, so I don’t get any cramps. The other members are jumping up and down looking anxious, as we are being taken through the halls to the stage.

A staff member gives me my green-colored microphone. I close my eyes and shake all my nerves out. Keep my mind focused and not forget anything while on stage. Our groups outfits are girl crush since our theme is like an explosion of all performances.

This is our first sold-out stadium concert. Weve all worked so hard to get here. My members and myself included have sacrificed so much to finally have this moment. The staff member points to the spot on the lift. I stand with my arms crossed, and head held high as Subin joins her position next to me.

Subin looks at me and smiles as she gets into her position. We look at one another has we hear chanting of “TRICKSHOT, TRICKSHOT, TRICKSHOT!” The lights go dark, and the stage lifts us all up slowly. One by one, all of us are elevated up to the stage. As we come out the fans scream, first “Yojin!” as I see her stand with her hand pointed to the roof. “Mari!” comes next, the fans scream so loud I cant hear anything but them. “Minji! Narae! Mi young!” Then Subin goes up and the fans scream. I close my eyes and breathe.

I have wanted this since I was ten years old. I’m now being brought up slowly, I open my eyes as I reach the top. “Hana!” is all I hear as the screams are heard from all around me. The music begins and our dreams have become a reality.

I’m still shaking from excitement as we are getting ready to go to the VIP room, for pictures with our “WINNERS”. “Hana, can you walk with me?” Subin asks me as we leave our room. I nod my head and smile as we wrap are arms together as we walk down the hall with the others. “Can you believe we just did our very first concert!” Subin says loudly so everyone can hear. “Im shaking!” says Minji our maknae.

I smile as we all stop in front of the room before we see our “Winners”. “Ya, come hold each other’s hands and will all walk in together.” I say to them. Our manager opens the doors, and we all hear our Winners, talking loudly as we enter the room. Flashed lights blind me before I enter the room. We all make our way to the large poster of our concert. “1,2,3 let’s get it! Hello, we are Trickshot!” we than bow as they clap and scream with happiness.

One at a time our Winners make their way to each of the members, giving gifts and taking photos with us. “Ah Hana! You are my favorite member!” I bow and smile “Thank you”. I take a picture with the girl as I give her a hug and say goodbye.

“I hope one day I’ll be the leader of my own group just like you Hana.” I smile as I giver my fan a hug as she walks to the next member.

The next day, I’m laying down on my bed as Subin is trying to clean her side of our room. “Can you please help me?” she says to me as I turn my head “But its your mess.” Subin begins to pout as she comes closer to me and kneels to face me. “Please Unnie, I can’t do this by myself its too hard.” Subin says it jokingly as I smile and get up. “Fine, but next time you want to find the perfect outfit, try not to make a huge mess.”

“So what is it like being one of the top ten Female k-pop groups of the year?” the interviewer asks us. We all look at each other smiling. I can see everyone is waiting for me to answer. “Ah, we are just so happy. We practice hard and make all our performances full of energy as we try our best for our Winners.” The interviewer nods and smiles. “Well congratulations on your amazing success, I know you girls will become number one in no time.”

Five months later.

outfit for the show.

korean girl outfits buy clothes shoes online

 

 

“We need to be in the studio in five minutes” my manager says to me as we make our way there. I’ve been invited onto a variety show, other girl members from other groups will be there. “Don’t forget you need to talk about the new album when they ask you questions.” My manager says as we make our way into the studio. “Hana!” I turn and see Irene walking up to me in an amazing outfit. Every time I see her she is always looks amazing.

“I was so excited that I heard you were coming. I haven’t seen you in a couple months. How have you been?” she smiles as she waits for me to answer. “Good, been practicing a lot for our comeback, getting ready for everything.”

I stare at her for a moment struck by her eyes. I remember the first time I met her. She debuted a year before me, so I already knew who she was. I was starstruck when I met her for the first time at Music Bank. I couldn’t speak when I first met her. She smiled and laughed as I just stared at her. Ever since then we have become closer every time we meet.

I stand next to each other as I ask her “Do you know who else is on here with us?” My manager never told me. I was kind of worried. I didn’t want to unexpectedly bump into her. Irene looks at me “Ah I think three more but I can’t remember who.”

The show’s hosts go in front of the cameras and start their intros. “First idol here with us is an amazing visual and performer from Red Velvet, please welcome IRENE!” Irene walks in front of the camera and does her introduction. “And next we have someone from a rookie group who is killing it with there catchy songs and amazing performances, from Itzy please welcome YEJI!” Ah Ive seen Itzy perform a lot and they really are an amazing group. “Next we have the Leader from one of the top girl grush groups, please welcome HANA!” I walk onto the stage and bow to the others as I stand next to Yeji. “Hello I’m Hana from Trick shot, nice to meet you.”

They clap and smile as the hosts begin again introducing others. Yoohyeon from Dream catcher, Eunseo from Wjsn, also were introduced. “And last we have someone with a big smile and amazing vocals. She is from one of the biggest groups, please welcome Nayeon from Twice!” I look past the camera to my manager, she stares at me not knowing she would be here. As she walks onto the stage I try not to look upset, as I smile and clap when she makes her way towards us.

She stops and stand next to Eunseo as she than looks over at everyone. slowly I turn my head and we make eye contact. She looks at me shocked. I don’t think she knew I would be here either.

We finish part of the show and take a lunch break. I try to stay near Irene the whole time. As we both decide to eat sushi for lunch we sit down at the table that the studio has put up for us. The other girls join us as I see Nayeon walking with them. She takes a seat farthest away. I look over to her and we make eye contact again.

I say to Irene that im going to get some water as I make my way to the cooler on the other side of the room. “I didn’t know you’d be here.” I stand still, as I hear her speak. “Its fine, lets just get through this.” I try to turn and walk away but as I do she grabs my wrist. “Wait. Can we talk?” I turn to look at her. Her eyes are so beautiful.

I cant look at them without falling again. “There’s nothing to talk about.” I say as she quickly says “Of course there is. You try to ignore me every time our groups are around each other. I don’t know what I did for you to hate me?” I look up at her shocked and mad at the same time. Has she forgotten what happened? What she did? “What do you mean you don’t know?” I look at her as she frowns “Don’t pretend nothing happened Nayeon.” She looks at me and tried to grab my hand.

I pull away before she could. I look at her “lets just get through this recording.” I say as I turn and walk away.