“I Just Wanted a Normal Highschool Life.”

“I Just Wanted a Normal Highschool Life.”

You started at the doors of the school you had transferred to. Filled with nervousness and excitement, you took a deep breath and entered the school.

This school was one of the most prestigious schools in the country, so it did feel like a big burden being transferred here. 

But due to the high prestige of the school, it felt very intimidating walking through the halls.

You went straight to your classroom and went to sit in your seat.

The girl sitting next to you leaned over and said “hello, my name is Ha Eun, nice to meet you. Please let me know if you need anything!”

You were so grateful she went out of her way to personally introduce herself, and you gave an introduction as well.

You two were having a polite conversation until suddenly, there was a big commotion outside the classroom door.

A handsome young man walked through and he was surrounded by girls who weren’t in your class.

He walked through the classroom and went straight to his seat, which was on the other side of you.

The girls were still outside the classroom waving and screaming, and you were so confused about what was happening.

Ha Eun leaned in and winked at you. “I will tell you what’s happening later.”

You nodded and your homeroom teacher walked into the classroom.

“We have a new student for today, would you like to come up and introduce yourself to the class?” Mr.Lee smiled at you.

You nervously stood up and went to the front, taking a big bow at the front of the classroom. You introduced yourself and said “It’s nice to meet you all, please take care of me.”

Everyone replied with a smile and a hello, which gave you a feeling of relief.

You went back to your seat and class began.

 

Lunch time came around, and Ha Eun took you around the campus.

As you were walking with her, she said “Oh right! Let me tell you about that guy this morning!”

Intrigued by the story, you both sat down and pulled out your lunch.

“That guy you saw, his name is Choi Yeonjun. He is the most popular guy in this school. He is good at everything. He’s smart, athletic, good looking, there is nothing he can’t do. You could say he is a legendary student, the king of the school.” She explained. (JUST LIKE HOW YEONJUN IS BIGHIT’S LEGENDARY TRAINEE HEHE)

You were very surprised that someone like that existed. 

“There is also a girl, you could call her the Queen of the school. Her name is Mee Yon. She isn’t here today, but she’s Yeonjun’s only friend because they have been friends since childhood. She is the most popular female at the school, and they’re like the king and queen.” Ha Eun added.

Something like this, to you, was something you’d see in a drama, but not something you thought you’d see in real life. (Classic high school drama XD)


Before the next class, you went to your locker to put your things in. You had just received a code for it. When you arrived, Yeonjun was at his locker on his phone, which happened to be next to  yours.

However you were struggling to open your lock.

Yeonjun sneaked a glance to the side and let out a little laugh.

You looked at him with confusion but also eyes that pleaded for help.

He popped his phone in his pocket. “What’s your code?” He asked.

You told him the code and he stepped forward to help you.

“You so easily gave your code away to a stranger, that’s quite dangerous.” He said as he opened my locker for me.

“You offered to help me to open my locker, I can’t imagine you’d be that bad of a person to give my code out to other people.” You said and popped all your things in. You then looked at him and smiled and said “Thank you.” And just walked off.
 

You had to go to the teacher’s office to fill out a few forms. 

Mr.Lee saw you searching for the office and smiled. “You lost?”

You looked at him and said “I was trying to find you, but I didn’t see you so I thought I was at the wrong place!”

“Come in.” He opened the door to the office.

While you filled out the forms, he said “if anything happens, or if you need anything just let me know okay?”

You looked at him and said “Okay, sure.”

It was a smooth first day at school. You had made a new friend, the teacher was super nice, and there was drama you could watch from afar. 

When you got home, your mum asked you how your day was. You smiled and said “it was great.” Then heading straight to your room, you contacted your childhood best friend, Li Wenhan to tell him about your day.

You have known Wenhan since you guys were born. But unfortunately he had moved to China and it split you guys up, however you always talked and kept in touch, and it didn’t feel like he was far away. Just before he left, he gave you a little good luck charm and that was your most treasured item of all time. 

When you went to sleep you looked at the charm and smiled before turning off your lights.
 

The next day, you headed to the classroom and sat down. Ha Eun hadn’t come yet.

But Yeonjun was there.

He kicked your seat slightly and said “you had an okay day yesterday?”

You were shocked he was talking to you, because you just assumed because he was the king of the school he didn’t really talk to anyone, and Ha Eun had said that she had never seen him talk to anyone.
“Um yeah it was pretty good. I--” You were cut off by BOYS screaming this time. 

She was here, the Queen.

Mee Yon made her entrance into the classroom. You stared at her and was in awe of her beauty, she was absolutely stunning. 

She went straight up to Yeonjun and said “Good Morning.” She had this extremely flirty vibe about her with Yeonjun.

And you kinda just went back to your own thing as they entered their own conversation.

 

At the end of the day, you were at your locker and Yeonjun came up to you again and said “You got cut off before.”

You looked at him really confused.

“You were trying to tell me something this morning but then Mee Yon came in. What did you want to say?” He asked.

You had literally forgotten and just looked at him blankly. “Uh……….. I don’t remember :(.”

He smiled. “Fool.” 

You gave him a hmf face and continued to put things in your bag.

“Are you going home now?” He asked.

“Yes, but I have some errands first before I go. See you tomorrow.” You grabbed your bag and went on your way.

Yeonjun tched to himself and started to pack his bag as well. 

Mee Yon walked up to him and said “You were talking to someone? That’s new.”

However Yeonjun’s head was kinda in the clouds and he kind of just “mmhmm-ed” her. (good english here XD)

You went to Mr.Lee’s office and you saw Ha Eun walking out, but she went the other direction so you didn’t bother to say anything to her.

 

The next few days of school were as usual, except the unusual which was Yeonjun always bugging you for some reason. He always came up to you when you were at your locker, or nudging your chair with his foot, and it just confused you because Ha Eun said he never spoke to anyone.

One day you were at the library and Yeonjun walked in, shocking the entire library and he sat next to you. Ha Eun, who was sitting across from you, put her hands over .

“What are you studying?” He asked.

You slid your book in front of him to show him and he pulled out his book as well to study.

The whole library was whispering to each other, that Yeonjun had come to the library to study, which was a sight that had never been seen before.
 

 

At lunch, you grabbed a tray of food and sat with Ha Eun.

“Are you friends with Yeonjun?!” She asked. “He never speaks to anyone! What is happening?”

“I legit, am just chilling here.” You said. 

Yeonjun had come up to sit with you, and this caused the cafeteria to lose their minds because apparently he never ate the cafeteria food, or in the cafeteria apparently.

You looked behind you to see a crowd forming and then said to Yeonjun “you really brought a crowd with you.”

He looked up and said to the people “we are trying to eat? Please?”

The crowd dispersed and Mee Yon also came up and sat across from Yeonjun and next to Ha Eun, which gave Ha Eun a shock.

Mee Yon tried to talk to Yeonjun, but Yeonjun was busy talking to you.

“How was shopping yesterday?” You asked, remembering that he had mentioned it to you.

“Hm, didn’t buy much, just went window shopping.” He responded.

You looked at one of the side dishes on your tray, and realised Yeonjun had mentioned he liked it before because his parents always packed it in his lunch, so you grabbed it and popped it onto his tray.
“You like this right? I’m not a huge fan, so you can eat mine.” You said.

He looked at you and he gave a very soft smile. “Thank you!”

Mee Yon tried to interrupt and said to Yeonjun “I have some too! Do you want mine?” She said.

“Nah it’s okay, I got enough now.” He said.

 

Over the next few weeks, you and Yeonjun got very close, and he started to walk you home from school as well.

You told him about your father, being the most famous CEO in all of the country, and he let out a shocked yell. “REALLY?! YOU’RE HIS DAUGHTER?!”

You told him to shush, and said “you cannot tell anyone this, I have to be lowkey about it okay?”

“I promise.” Yeonjun responded.

Then you decided to ask him, “how come you talk to me so much? You don’t talk to anyone else at school besides like Mee Yon and Ha Eun now I guess.”

Yeonjun looked at me and said “because you treat me like a normal person.”

You looked at him confused.

“I’m just trying to chill but for some reason every person at the school loves me. I know I’m handsome and smart and good at everything…”

You interrupted and said “boy your ego seems so big when you say that, but continue.”

“When I’m around you, it feels like I feel like a normal person, which is what I want. I don’t want the title ‘king of the school.’ I know Mee Yon likes being the queen but I just wanted a normal highschool life ya know? And that’s how I feel when I’m with you.” Yeonjun explained.

Feeling a gush of heart flutter, you smiled and said “I’m glad.”


 

The next day at school, you were at your locker. But when you turned around you were surrounded by Yeonjun’s fanclub of girls.

“Stay away from Yeonjun.” One of them said. 

You just stared at them confused. 

They grabbed your bag out of your hand and they ran outside to chuck it into the water of the fountain that was in the courtyard.

When you caught up to them, your bag was fully soaked in the water.

“Know your place, you scum.” They said.

However at this moment, Mr.Lee was in the courtyard and witnessed what had just happened.

He marched up with a stern look on his face and feared the girls with his gaze.

“You girls will be receiving a whole lot of punishment for this.” He looked down on them angrily.

The girls bowed to the teacher and he said “go back to your classrooms, now.”

They scurried away. Mr. Lee went to fish out your bag from the fountain. “Are you alright?” He asked.

You nodded but your bag and everything inside was soaked. You quickly opened it to grab your good luck charm out to dry it as soon as possible.

Mr Lee said “come to the office, let’s dry everything first.”
 

In the office you laid out all your things and put them in front of a fan and opened up the window. 

While you chatted with Mr.Lee, Ha Eun had walked into the room and was startled to see you.

You had always noticed Ha Eun coming in and out of the office often, and she would always be a bit panicked if you were there too.

“I was looking for you.” She said. “What happened?”

You explained the situation and she was just shook at what they did.

“Don’t worry, I will make sure nothing like this happens again.” Mr.Lee pat me on the back.

When you went back to the classroom, Yeonjun came up and asked “you alright? Where were you?”

You looked at some of the girls from earlier and they all looked away from you.

He looked back and asked “did they do something to you?”

“No, don’t worry about it.” You responded.
 

After school, you stayed a bit later to finish off a few things, and when you left the classroom, again the same bunch of girls had cornered you.

“Because of you, our parents were notified about what happened and we got roasted! Not only are you trying to steal Yeonjun, but are you flirting with a teacher as well?!” One of them said.

You just looked at them with utter shock, where was this ridiculous assumption coming from?

“There is no way Mr.Lee should’ve been at the courtyard during that time, you must have told him. You guys must be in secret contact!” 

“Are you all insane?” You asked.

This pissed them off and they dumped a heap of water, then dirt onto you.

As they laughed, someone had done the exact same thing to one of the girls from behind.

They turned around and said “WHO THE F--” But stopped mid sentence as they saw Yeonjun, extremely pissed off, staring at them.

“Get your ugly faces out of here now. If I see you picking on her again I will beat all of you up. Now leave before I cover all your faces in dirt as well.” He picked up more dirt as a threat, and they scurried away.

He bent down to my level and helped wipe things out of my eyes first.

“Are you alright?” He asked softly. “Why didn’t you tell me something happened to you?”

“I didn’t want you to get involved with something so petty.” You responded.

He helped me clean my arms and said “nothing is petty if it means you are in danger. I want to help you.” He cleaned my cheeks and made you look directly into his eyes. “From now on I will protect you okay? So if anything happens you have to tell me.”

You nodded and thanked him.
 

The next day, when you came outside of your gates, Yeonjun was there waiting for you.

“Why are you here?” You asked.

He grabbed my arm and linked it with his, and said “because I will take you to school today. I need to show everyone that they can’t mess with you. I’m your knight.” 

Before you could respond you were dragged by him to school.

You guys arrived at school, arms still linked, and you said to him “people are making a fuss?! What are you doing?!”

“Everyone here makes a fuss anyways, what’s new.” He responded and tightened his grip on my arm so I couldn’t break away.

Everyone crowded around and Yeonjun looked at everyone.

“This is my girl.” He announced. “If anyone tries to touch the king’s girl, I will not hold back to beat you all up.” He smiled at me and we continued walking.

When we reached a quieter spot, you had just processed what he said. “Are you crazy?! Why are you making up things?!” You panicked.

“What did I make up?” He asked. 

You sighed and said “I thought you hated being the king.”

“Eh, maybe it’s not so bad anymore, now I can assert dominance to protect you.” He thought.
 

While you were walking to class later that afternoon, Yeonjun wasn’t with you.

You encountered Mee Yon who suddenly grabbed you by your collar.

“You won’t get away with this! How dare you take Yeonjun away from me! I will make sure you regret everything about coming to this school.” She growled.

You pushed her off and literally just walked away.

Again, you had to stay late for a bit and went to the teachers office. This time Ha Eun walked out and you bumped into her.

Then you decided to just blurt out “You are always here Ha Eun, is everything okay?”


“WHAT?!” You exclaimed.

“You can’t tell anyone okay! This has to stay a secret!!!!” Ha Eun said.

You couldn't believe that all this time, Ha Eun secretly admired Mr. Lee. 

“I promise! I won’t tell anyone!” You said.

She smiled and said “you really are my best friend.”

This gave you a thrill and you were so happy to hear her say that.
 

The next day you saw a small note in your locker, from Mr. Lee? Telling you to meet him behind the main building. And so you went.

When you got there, you didn’t see him.

He came up behind you and you walked in his direction.

But when you were close enough to him, there was a trap set on the floor, causing you to fall on top of him, and it looked like a very awkward position.

And when you returned back into the school, you saw it all over the school wall. A photo of you, on top of Mr. Lee, and it was titled “Cheating on Yeonjun with A TEACHER?!”

You were absolutely speechless.

You made eye contact with Ha Eun and she stormed off as soon as she saw you.

You ran after her and grabbed her arm but she flung it off. “YOU BETRAYED ME? YOU LIKED HIM AS WELL? I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. I THOUGHT-- I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS. I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD HURT ME LIKE THIS.” And just stormed off.

You had no chance to explain yourself, nothing. And you just stood there shook.

Again, you were surrounded by all of Yeonjun’s fangirls and they started to throw things at you. But this time Yeonjun didn’t show up.

Yeonjun had seen the news and he straight up ignored you. No one was letting you explain.

When you walked to your locker, you saw Yeonjun and Mee Yon. You went up to him and said “Yeonjun…”

He just ignored me and walked away.

Mee Yon then smirked at you and said “get out of here you scum.” And she even had the AUDACITY to SLAP YOU (she’s so awful.) Well I mean, she tried to, but you dodged out of the way, which caused her to miss and lose her balance.

She fell onto the floor and let out a huge scream.

Yeonjun came running back and saw her on the floor, and you standing over her.

Mee Yon grabbed her wrist and said “She pushed me out of frustration. I think my wrist is sprained.” And she hissed in pain.

Yeonjun helped her up and looked at you in disbelief. “I can’t believe you.” He said, and took Mee Yon away.

After all this, you got a call from your mum, telling you to come home immediately.

 

“WHAT IS THIS?!” She screamed.

It was an article titled ‘daughter of famous CEO involved in a love scandal with a teacher from most prestigious high school.’

She was fuming. “ I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE WHICH FAMILY YOU ARE FROM. YOU’VE CAUSED TROUBLES AND NOW EVERYONE IS TRYING TO INTERVIEW YOUR DAD ABOUT THIS SCANDAL. DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS WILL AFFECT THE REPUTATION OF THIS FAMILY?”

You said “Let me explain--” But she just stormed off.

So in the span of one day, the entire school hated you, the news about your parents was leaked out into the public and everyone knew about this scandal that had happened. But what confused you was why did Mr. Lee leave you a note in your locker? And how did people know you were the daughter of the CEO? You had only told Yeonjun.

“Did he do this for revenge…” You thought.

No one was listening to you and all you felt was frustration. People based everything off one photo that was taken.

So you did what any sensible person would do in a situation like this.



 

You flew to China xD



 

You got to the airport in China, and the reason why you flew all the way there was because….

You saw him waving at you with his sunglasses and a sign with your name on it. (NOT EXACTLY LIKE THIS BUT I LOVE THIS GIF HAHA)

“LI WENHAN!!!” You ran up to him as fast as you could and ran into his arms.

He smiled and said “I missed you so much!”

As mentioned before, Li Wenhan was your childhood friend. 

You hugged him and he hugged you very tightly, and it was the warmest hug every.

He took you to his house and said “something serious must have happened right? This is the first time you flew to another country out of nowhere. Are you okay? You told me school was going great?”

You told him you didn’t want to talk about it, and he said “Fair enough. How about I take you around and we go eat some delicious foods?”

You smiled and that’s exactly what you did.

There were so many food stalls open, the night life was incredible, and you were so excited.

You had delicious lamb skewers and all this delicious street food.

Wenhan had not once asked about what happened. He knew you didn’t want to talk about it and just took you to all the places he knew would make you happy instead. 

The night came to an end and you went back home. He told you to take a shower and that he had prepared a spare towel for you already.

When you came out, Wenhan went in.

While you were waiting for Wenhan, you had some alone time to think, and this triggered you to cry on the couch while curled up in a ball.

Wenhan came out and he immediately ran to you and hugged you.

“It’s okay, I’m here” He lightly patted your head.

You wrapped your arms around him and cried even harder, and he just patted you softly to try to calm you down.

When you stopped crying, Wenhan made some tea and said “whenever you want, you can tell me. No rush. We can do other things if you don’t want to talk about it.”

You decided to just tell Wenhan everything that had happened. And that the biggest problem was that no one listened to your side of the story, and that made you extremely frustrated and you just wanted to run away from everything.

Wenhan hugged you again and it was the best feeling ever.

“I just wanted a normal highschool life.” You said. 

You ended up falling asleep in Wenhan’s arms.

So you stayed in China, because you didn’t want to go back to those people who didn’t listen to you, and you also forgot your phone (HAHA) so you had no idea if people contacted you or not.

One day you were with Wenhan, and you were returning home, but someone stopped you.

“Yeonjun…” You whispered.

“Why didn’t you take your phone with you?!” He asked and pulled out my phone out of his pocket.

“Oh-- yeah, I forgot, oops…” You stuttered.

“OOPS? THAT’S ALL YOU CAN SAY? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS AND HOW HARD I TRIED TRYING TO FIND YOU?!” He yelled.

Wenhan said “let’s not create a scene, come inside first.” And so he took us all into his house.

“Why did you even bother coming to look for me anyway?! You didn’t even care to listen to my side of the story and you just assumed I betrayed you! I didn’t do anything and you wouldn’t even listen!!!!” You yelled.

“I know, I’m sorry. I was wrong. I was upset and reacted badly. I’m sorry.” He came up to you and grabbed your hand.

Wenhan pulled you away and said “explain yourself first. Do you know how much pain you put her in? She flew overseas to get away because all of you guys just gave her such a hard time without hearing the story. I’m sure it didn’t go down like what you thought. She’s been crying for nights about this--”

You stopped Wenhan and saw the guilt on Yeonjun’s face when he realized that you were in so much pain.

“What do you want?” You asked him.

 

Yeonjun explained everything.

Mee Yon was getting her wrist treated at school from when I “pushed” her.

Once it was done, Yeonjun walked in and Mee Yon asked him “are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Yeonjun replied.

Mee Yon put her hands on his face and said “I would never betray you like this. I’m always here by your side.”

Yeonjun then was walking past the teacher’s office and heard crying coming from the room.

He peaked through and saw Ha Eun in tears in front of Mr. Lee, and he overheard their conversation.

Mr. Lee had found out exactly what had happened through campus security.

The whole scene of the scandal was a set up, from the notes all the way to the picture. He also received a note on his desk from me, telling him to meet in the same location. And they found out exactly who did it. 

Ha Eun was in tears because she didn’t give you a chance to explain yourself, and falsely accused you of something you didn’t do.

Yeonjun stormed into the room and demanded an explanation.

Mee Yon set this all up. She knew everything. She knew about Ha Eun liking Mr. Lee, and she knew it would be scandalous for a student to be with a teacher. So that is why she set up this scene.

Then, Mr. Lee showed Yeonjun the article of your dad being exposed because of the scandal.

Yeonjun was confused. “You knew her dad is a famous CEO?”

Both Mr. Lee and Ha Eun shook their heads.

“Then how…” Yeonjun thought.

 

So then the investigation began.

They went to your dad and asked him about the article. He then directed them to the reporter who wrote it because your dad was also upset about this article because he knew you wouldn’t do something like this, and was investigating it himself. He was also getting an article organized saying that this was false.

The reporter said a young girl gave him the story, and there could only be one person…

 

Yeonjun burst into Mee Yon’s room.

She stood up excitedly saying “You came to visit me?” And tried to go for a hug.

But Yeonjun grabbed her by her injured wrist and undamaged it, revealing there was no sprain or injury whatsoever.

She pulled it back and said “oh look, my wrist healed.”

Yeonjun was furious. “HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT HER FATHER?! WHY DID YOU CREATE THIS SCANDAL AND WHY DID YOU BRING HER FAMILY INTO THIS?!”

Mee Yon laughed and said “I have no idea--”

But Yeonjun had 0 patience at this point, and punched the wall. “ANSWER ME NOW!” He yelled at her face.

Mee Yon caved and said “SHE WAS TAKING YOU AWAY FROM ME, I HAD TO GET RID OF HER.” She clung onto his shirt. “I DID THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. I’VE LOVED YOU ALL THIS TIME. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN BY YOUR SIDE, SO WHY?! WHY DID YOU PICK HER OVER ME?”

Yeonjun stared into her eyes and said “because you’re a monster.” And pushed her off, then left.

This broke Mee Yon, and she fell to the ground, in tears.

Turns out Mee Yon had been stalking you and Yeonjun, everyday, all the time. She heard about you talking to Yeonjun about your father, and used this information to make the situation worse.

 

In the end, Mr. Lee prepared a lawsuit against Mee Yon, but she begged for her life. 

Mr. Lee ended up withdrawing the lawsuit and everything blew over, and went back to normal. 

Mee Yon got so much hate at school, and was no longer the queen due to all the stories about the set up from her spreading around the school. 

But the biggest problem, no one knew where you were.

Your mum had already tried to track you down, and Yeonjun, along with Ha Eun had been trying to find you for all this time.

It took a while, but eventually your mum found out you went to China.

“I will go bring her back.” Yeonjun said.

“Please bring her back. Ever since the scandal news came out, she disappeared. I shouldn’t have yelled at her… my poor baby… She was so upset and she was trying to explain to me! But I just yelled at her. Now she’s gone.” Your mum cried. “Please Yeonjun.”

She gave him Wenhan’s address, because you are in China, immediately she knew you would go to Wenhan.

 

And Yeonjun set off to find you. 

You stared at Yeonjun after he told you the story.

“Please come home.” He said. “Your mum and dad are so worried about you. Mr. Lee, Ha Eun, everyone is worried.”

You held onto Wenhan’s arm, unsure of what to do.

“I’m sorry.  I love you so much. I was at fault. I should’ve stood by your side, and protected you, and listened to you. I know now my mistake.”

He held his hand out.

“Please come back to me.”


 

BUT THEN I WOKE UP BEFORE I MADE A DECISION. What would you have chosen? To stay with your trustworthy childhood friend Wenhan, or go back to your school with Yeonjun? 

 

-THE END-