002

20cm closer to us
 
 
 
“When you need a tteokbokki member,”
 
 
 
 
The scene at the library rewind in her mind.
 
Even though Soobin and her were in the different class, Arin had never looked at him differently. She acknowledged that he was born a genius, and he didn’t have to try to score for at the end, his dart would land perfectly ten out of ten.
 
Arin, like any other normal human being, needed to spend more time on studying. She wasn’t the type to worry much on the result, but she wanted to believe that she had worked hard enough to not be disappointed later on. That’s why she had been spending her break time, and two hours after school in the library.
 
On the other hand, Soobin was sitting in front of her, chin on the table, pouting with brows furrowed tightly.
 
“How much longer should you study here?” His pronunciation was unclear as he said it but Arin caught every single syllable and sharply glanced at him.
 
She sighed and dropped her shoulder, as she leaned back, tearing her glasses away. She massaged her temples, as she said softly, “You can just go, Soobin. I’m big enough to walk back home by myself.”
 
“Well, what to do, you’re stuck with me.” Soobin giggled and Arin was caught off guard, frozen.
 
Her heart beat was playing tricks, Arin tried to convince herself. She shook her head, pushing the thoughts away and she placed her glasses back to its place, reminding herself that she should focus on her studies.
 
It was then Soobin swept in front of her, following her eyes with his head titling adorably to the left, mouthing, “Are you okay?”
 
She pretty much screamed and startled the whole library before she fell on her back.
 
Cupping her face in her hands, she muttered angrily as she blamed Soobin on that embarrassment.
 
“Guess you’ll not be going to the library for a while, now.”
 
Arin looked up sharply to see Soobin coming with a tray of a plate of tteokbokki and two glasses filled with ice cubes and a tall bottle of Sprite. He placed the tray down on the table and instinctively, she pulled the meals close towards her.
 
Soobin burst into laughter, acknowledging that his best friend would probably know the night-snacks were a token of apology.