001

20cm closer to us
 
 
“The books in the uppermost shelves of the library
I’ll take them out for you,”
 
 
 
 
 
“Thank you, Soobin.” She clutched the book closely to her chest and lowered her sight to the floor. Her cheeks immediately flushed as soon as she felt his tall physique withdraw away from her small figure as to be compared to him.
 
It was another normal occurrence for him to always be there for Arin. It was a given for her, at the very least.
 
However, she wasn’t used to the fact that she could feel Soobin ruffling her hair for it was her thing to do to him back then. She also wasn’t used to the fact that she needed to look up to meet his kind brown eyes, and as if she was under his spell, she couldn’t help but to stare and dissolve into her reflection in his orbs.
 
She had always thought in the back of her mind that he was a pretty good-looking man himself. She just couldn’t bring herself to say that to him, afraid if he would brush them with laughter and jokes.
 
“Arin, why are you hot?” Her heart beat hammered loudly.
 
“Are you sick? Should I go buy some painkillers?” What?
 
It was a good minute before Arin finally realized that he was talking about her red face. She slowly brushed his hand away from her forehead and she teared her eyes away, mumbling softly, “I’m fine. I should go now.”
 
As Arin was about to walk past him, Soobin swept the books away from her loosened grip, whispering as he bent his body to level with her eyes, “Let’s go together.” Then, he fell into that smile, the childish smile that took her breath away.