Story of Me

Always Been You

 

My life has always been filled with blessings, starting from the time I was born; I’m blessed to be born in a well off family, with loving parents who have always supported me in everything I do.

I have everything and anything a ever wanted: money, luxury, a good career (running my construction firm), except for one thing, Love.

I’m 25 and still I haven’t been in a serious relationship, I think I almost had it but because of some instances, I lost it. I moved on with life and I know, I have gotten over it, not until now. I’m Taeyang, an architect, and this is my story of losing and finding love again.


“I’m on my way there I won’t be late” I uttered as I gather my things.

On the other line is my friend and business partner, Seung-ri an engineer.

We are to present a design for a new hotel which will be located in Jeju.
Dressed in a suit, I walk down the hall to the meeting room. Seung-ri sees me and waves, I waved back.
“Looking great, sir” seung -ri greeted smiling

“same to you sir” I replied smiling

We entered the room, but before that I placed my hand on his shoulder

“good luck to us” I said

Seung-ri just winked at him

We are presenting in front of the Hotel’s President, and beside him is his daughter who is currently the head of the operations.
By the looks of them, I knew, they were impressed by the presentation, and they even clapped for us after were done. We bowed and smiled.
 

“the design is very modern and eco friendly at the same time. We liked it, and will deliberate with the rest of the stock holders, expect a call from us within this week for the final decision. Thank you for your hard work” the President’s daughter uttered and smiled, is it just me but it seem she smiled particularly at me, being shy in nature, I looked away.

 

image

 

After that, we packed up our things.

“I think we got it” Seung-ri utters

“You think? Of course we already got it” I replied

He laughed, and as we make our way to the elevator

“Looks like the President’s daughter is crushing on you?” he uttered

“Maybe on you” I replied. I heard him chuckled.

“oh c’mon, don’t tell me you didn’t notice it”

I shook my head.

“Is it still about the girl from your yesterday?” He asks suddenly.

I kept quiet, I’m always like this, when ever I was being asked about it, I suddenly feel weary.

“I knew it” he uttered smiling and placed his arms on my shoulder

I just smiled.

“yeah yeah, it’s still there” I admitted in defeat

“of course, how can you be over something that hasn’t even started yet”

He replied and I nodded, he was right.

Maybe that’s the reason why I have this feeling of regret, I haven’t really told her my feelings.

Before making our way to the parking lot, he stopped me

 

“wait.” He uttered as he checks on his phone. I looked at him, he smiles as he reads and replies to the message he received.

“looks like you got a new victim” I uttered smiling

He glared at me. “what?” I uttered

“this is different” he answered. I smiled upon hearing that.

“she’s different from the others” he uttered

“really?” I asked, he looks at me

“looks like I found my match” he answered

And I laughed. He looks at me

“no, really. Now I understand how you feel, being hooked on a girl. I understand it now, but unlike you, I’ll take my chances” he explains

I looked at him, and for the first time, I think he is serious.

“how did you meet her?” I asked

“remember when you sent me to Jeju to check on the site of the new hotel?.. That was the time, I was strolling around and bumped into her”

“okay continue” I uttered,

“she got tan skin, she got beautiful eyes that goes well with her pretty smile, she’s just right in height and weight, and her voice. Perfect, she’s nice, simple and funny. Beautiful inside out” He replied, like daydreaming.

 

I smiled. The way he describes her, reminded me of someone I have always been missing.

 

“what does she do?” I asked

“a teacher, English teacher” he replied, after saying that, I suddenly felt nervous.

“is she Korean?” I asked curious

“No, she’s from the Philippines, she’s working here.” he replied

I kept quiet, contemplating on everything he said, his description of her.

“she’s coming tomorrow, she said that the school has a branch here and they wanted her to try out and if likes it, she’ll stay in Seoul, can’t you believe that?” Seung-ri exclaimed looking very excited.

My heart continued to beat fast, I wanted to ask what her name is, but I was scared, what if it’s her? I shook my head.

“no” I whispered

“what? What’s no?” he asked me.

“nothing, I’d better go” I uttered

“I’ll introduce you to her okay?” he shouted at me, as I make my way to my car.

“no, impossible” I told myself. I started the engine and went straight home.

I went to my bed. I closed my eyes, and there I saw her face in my memory. I never told Seung-ri details about that girl I met back then, I didn’t even mention to him how and where we met, I just told him that, I had fallen in love with a girl but never get the chance to tell her. Being the friend that he is, he always respected each other’s privacy when it comes to this kind of matters.

I sat down, took a deep breath. I reached for my drawer, I took a letter, unfold it, and inside is a bracelet she made for me, with colors red, yellow and blue, she said it symbolizes the colors of our country’s flags and the friendship that we have.

++++++++++++++++

I remembered it so well, it was a rainy day in November, it was the first day of my 1st term in my University in the Philippines, my father sent me there to study English, I enrolled taking up Bachelor of Arts majoring in the English Language, my dad chose the Philippines, since he had friends whose kids studied here, and had a great time and learned English fast.

I was in my car with my driver, since I haven’t got a license to drive in the country, it was raining hard, when suddenly, she knocked on our window, my driver rolled it down. She looked at me amazed; she doesn’t have an umbrella, so she’s all wet.

”I’m sorry, I thought this was my friend’s car, sabi nya kasi blue tinted car (she said blue tinted car)” I just stared at her, then someone called out

“Tin, over here!” She turned and looked back at me and smiled and ran away towards her friend’s car.

 

For the first time, I was breathless..

 

“tsk tsk” my driver uttered, I looked at him.

“you know sir, this kind of car is very usual nowadays especially to students, she  mistaken it” he continued.

I just looked at him and smiled, but my head was on her.

I don’t know why but that night I was thinking a lot about her, and I told myself,

“tomorrow, I’m going to see her again”.

+++++++++