The Sulking Queen

Sulking Jong Kook Became Sulking Ji-hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After two days, they met again at the Running Man shooting for episode 538. Today, one of their tasks were to recreate the description of the Running Man show together with their casts.

Reading the old description about Song Ji-hyo, it was stated that she’s the only woman in the show. Everyone disagrees with the old description since now they have two women in the show. Jong Kook highlighted the sentence ‘the only woman’ is no longer relevant now.

Despite smiling, Ji-hyo rolled her eyes towards Jong Kook who secretly glance at her.

“Huh! Pretending as if you don’t have feelings towards So Min at all….and yet didn’t agree with me being ‘the only woman’….huh….Man…..” Ji-hyo grumbled in her heart.

Being a bit frustrated, Ji-hyo started to think all the bad description she wants to describe about Jong Kook. So Min accidently saw Ji-hyo’s description about Jong Kook’s character and call her out. 

“Omo! Unnie, I saw that…..haha….” So Min called out. Then she read it, “Kim Thug is the nickname. Only his muscles are fat…..hahahahah…..Ohh….So that’s how you think about Jong Kook oppa, unnie……”

“Mwuh rah goo?” Jong Kook responded while staring with smiles at Ji-hyo.

But Ji-hyo shook her head as if stating “it’s nothing, oppa” while smiling shyly.

“Ahhh….Okay, Song Ji-hyo….Okay…..Wait until I write about you….” Jong Kook stated in a revenge tone.

 

After they presented their rewritten Running Man description, they went to the next game. And since their shirt was wet and dirty after that game, they need to wait for a new shirt for the next game. Once Jae-suk received his new shirt, he automatically ran towards one of the rooms.

But when he opens it, he’s surprised that Ji-hyo is changing her shirt. Jae-suk screams loudly while running away from the room. When Jong Kook realized what happen, he went to Jae-suk and kicked him playfully while other men also join him. He’s pissed that someone else could see Ji-hyo’s body apart from him but of course the others thought that he’s just kicking Jae-suk for fun.

Since Jong Kook is also a bit upset with Ji-hyo coz she simply changed her shirt anywhere, during the quiz segment, he purposely picked Kwang Soo as his partner over Ji-hyo although Ji-hyo is the first one to raise her hand to partner with Jong Kook.

During some times between the game, Ji-hyo tried to check on Jong Kook’s mood. She just felt like Jong Kook is upset at her but she didn’t really know why. So when So Min stated that she knew that the bad smell that they’ve been wondering was actually from someone’s foot, Ji-hyo suddenly stretch out her foot to Jong Kook’s nose. To her surprise, Jong Kook did not show that he feels disgusting but instead tried to smell it. And as if Ji-hyo’s foot is a lucky charm, Jong Kook’s pirate suddenly popped out from the bin. Everyone was surprised about it even Ji-hyo herself. But she’s happy to see that Jong Kook looks happy.

Thinking that everything is okay, Ji-hyo was hoping that Jong Kook would offer to send her home after the shoots. But Jong Kook went home without saying anything to her. Ji-hyo did not have the energy to try and find out from Jong Kook if there’s anything that unsatisfied him on that day. So she decided to just let it slide until Jong Kook talks to her again.

 

 

They still have another Running Man shooting the next day. This time it’s between two daesang’s winner which is Yu Jae-suk and Kim Jong Kook. The others need to pick with whom they wanna team up.

Jong Kook did not expect much since he knew every one else were afraid of him and think that he’s not fun. But he does hope that his lover, Ji-hyo will not betray him.

And he was surprised to see that So Min, Se Chan, Ji-hyo and Suk Jin came to join him. He was happy to see all of them though he was still upset that his business partner and dongsaeng, Haha did not choose to be with him.

During the first task, the members were supposed to hide from another team. Jong Kook clearly instructed his team to just hide and stay inside his house because he will make sure that Jae-suk couldn’t enter and find them.

However, none of s followed his order and go elsewhere to hide which was easily found by Jae-suk. Jong Kook was really angry with the whole team especially to Ji-hyo. How could she not listen to his instruction?  

Jong Kook was sulking so much that he thought his team conspired to purposely make him lose.

“I think you guys intentionally do this to me,” Jong Kook said in frustration.

“A-ni, oppa! We really went to hide,” Ji-hyo defended.

“We really did, hyung,” Se Chan added.

But Jong Kook was too upset to hear anything.

“Just go away! I’ll be alone in my team,” Jong Kook told them and throw his view to the sea while calming himself.

“Ah oppa……” Ji-hyo called him only to be ignored.

Once he was a bit calm, he joins the team and stated his anger.

“First of all, how could you not set any boundaries on how far they could go and hide?” he questioned the director referring to Kwang Soo’s silly hide in the mud. “Secondly, I clearly said to my team to stay and hide inside my house and I wouldn’t let Jae-suk hyung to enter my house but……aishhhh…….” Jong Kook expressed his frustration.

“You know, I understand where Jong Kook’s frustration came from. We were searching together and Suk Jin was just lying there on the bed inside my house. You call that hiding, hyung?” Jae-suk questioned Suk Jin with laughter. “And then Ji-hyo was just sitting there at the seashore with his cameraman shooting her. I found her because of her cameraman.”

“Huh…..I clearly said to stay inside my house….” Jong Kook stressed out again.

“Oppa, when did you tell us that?” Ji-hyo suddenly questioned.

“I clearly told you that I wouldn’t let Jae-suk hyung to go into my house since we were tied together!!” Jong Kook shouted to Ji-hyo’s face making everyone surprised but still they were all laughing.

“Hahahha….Ji-hyo ah, are you okay?” Jae-suk checked on Ji-hyo since she’s just been scolded by Jong Kook.

Ji-hyo just smile at Jae-suk and stated she’s fine though deep inside she’s hurt.

 

They continue with the next round where they should pick their team again but before it was Ji-hyo’s turn, she went to the bathroom to let out her sadness. She secretly cried in the bathroom feeling sad that Jong Kook could scold her right in front of everyone for a silly mistake.

However, she still decided to be with Jong Kook’s team since she didn’t want to make it obvious that she’s hurt.

The moment she entered Jong Kook’s house, she automatically kneeled asking for his forgiveness, with hope that he will not be angry anymore. Jong Kook continues to say that she’s supposed to stay inside the house and Ji-hyo scolded her cameraman for blew up her hiding place. Jong Kook wanted to continue his anger but only realized that Ji-hyo’s nose and eyes were red. Jong Kook thought that Ji-hyo may be crying during the break so he stops his whine, feeling guilty for taking the game too serious. He knew he needs to talk to Ji-hyo and apologize after the shoot.

Next game is called It’s Do As I Say where players compete against other team by touching their own body parts as MC instructed until the MC called ‘bowl’. They then need to quickly grab the bowl and pours water to their opponent to be called the winner.

When it was Jae-suk against Se Chan with Haha being the MC, Ji-hyo saw something that hurt her further. Jong Kook playfully pulled So Min’s hair from behind making her turn around and gave her cute face while whining “Ah oppa,” softly only to their hearing. So Min then making sort of aegyo asking for his forgiveness for their first game but Jong Kook tried to pretend he’s still angry which makes So Min tried to hold his hand to apologize while Jong Kook tried to push her hand away. But the two were laughing at each other playfully and Ji-hyo could only watch.

When it was Ji-hyo’s turn against So Min, Jong Kook became the MC.

“Okay Song Ji-hyo……I’ll have my eyes on you,” Jong Kook warned out loud.

“Ah oppa……” she responded.

“Never mind…..You can make it, Ji-hyo ah,” Suk Jin encouraged.

Jong Kook started to call for head, shoulder, knees, toes, knees, toes, knees, toes, repeatedly for God knows how many times as if they were doing a workout. Jong Kook is already smiling when he saw Ji-hyo started to get annoyed. He purposely did that to make his girlfriend exercise and he really enjoys it.

Ji-hyo who couldn’t stand any longer suddenly throw the water to Jong Kook.

“Seriously? Is that enough? Just say it already!” Ji-hyo screamed, being upset while the others were laughing.

“I just wanted you to work out……” Jong Kook explained. “You have the perfect pose though,” Jong Kook complimented.

“Seriously? This fella?” Ji-hyo cursed in her mind.

Ji-hyo and So Min continue the game but Ji-hyo lost to So Min since she’s already been distracted by many things.

When it’s time for lunch, Ji-hyo decided to go to Jae-suk’s team to calm herself. At this point, she doesn’t think she can face Jong Kook so she wanted some time-off from her boyfriend.

And for the final game, Ji-hyo went back to join Jong Kook since she’s already feeling calm a bit though she didn’t know what to expect from her boyfriend. She’s the first one to go to Jong Kook.

The moment she entered, she accidently kicked the door frame and fall to the ground. Jong Kook chuckled together with Ji-hyo who’s in pain but he quickly went to get her.

“Are you okay?” Jong Kook asked while massaging her toes. “Yah! Why am I shaking your toes instead of your hand? Hahah…..Come on up!” Jong Kook helped Ji-hyo to get up.

“I was too excited to see you, oppa,” Ji-hyo said.

“Hahah….Good job…..Good choice, Ji-hyo ah…..” Jong Kook said, holding Ji-hyo’s hand leading to the couch.

“Oppa, we have to stay together till the end,” Ji-hyo said.

“Yes, of course….Good job, Ji-hyo ah….”

While waiting for other members to come, Jong Kook secretly check on Ji-hyo’s condition.

“You sure you are okay?” he whispered.

“……N-neh…..I’m fine, oppa…..”

“Did you miss me that much?” Jong Kook teases, making Ji-hyo rolled her eyes.

“Huh…..Dream on…..” she replied.

And suddenly the assistant director said that the team selection is over. Both Ji-hyo and Jong Kook laughed at each other.

“Ah oppa……” Ji-hyo pretended frustrated when she’s actually happy.

“It’s over?” Jong Kook asked to confirm.

“Yes. Only Song Ji-hyo is in your team,” assistant director stated and asked them to go to the next Jae-suk’s room for their final mission.

“Oppaaaa…..” Ji-hyo looked worried.

“It’s fine….It’s okay….Good job, Ji-hyo ah…..”

So they went out to Jae-suk’s room. Before enter, Ji-hyo asked Jong Kook quietly.

“You must be frustrated that So Min didn’t join you, huh?”

“Mwuh rah goo?” he asked back.

But Ji-hyo only open the door to the room making the conversation ended.

 

When they entered, everyone in the room except Jae-suk avoided eye contact with Jong Kook, knowing that he’s angry. But Jong Kook instead just smiles while treating Ji-hyo kindly to her seat. Jae-suk suddenly broke the tension atmosphere.

“Yah….You two were wearing matching t-shirt…..”

“Yes….We are wearing matching shirts,” Jong Kook answered.

Ji-hyo then sat next to Jong Kook facing the others.

“I’m sorry to ask….but is she your girlfriend?” Jae-suk asked again, trying to calm the tense surrounding. Everyone was laughing and join the conversation.

“They look good together……” they said.

“N-neh…..We’ve dated for a long time….” Ji-hyo replied in smiles, hooking up her hand to Jong Kook’s arm. Also trying to give statement that Jong Kook really is her boyfriend. “My boyfriend’s arm is too thick that I can’t link arms with him….eehh….ehh….” she said while squeezing Jong Kook’s arm.

“N-neh……We’ve dated for a long time now…..” Jong Kook repeated.

“Aigoo….They look so cute together,” Haha and the others stated.

When the director said that it’s gonna be a quiz round, Ji-hyo look demotivated but Jong Kook tried to lift her spirit.

“It’s okay, Ji-hyo ah….We’re gonna be okay…..”

Ji-hyo hugged Jong Kook’s arm tightly and laid her head on his shoulder as if stating that she’s depending on him hundred percent. But in the end, they lost to Jae-suk’s team and get the penalty.

Since Jong Kook needs to pick another person for the penalty, he decided to choose So Min cause he feels betrayed.

“He surely couldn’t leave So Min at all,” Ji-hyo talk to herself.

And the penalty was to get the flag from the mudflat and only two persons get to wear the boot. So Min won the rock-paper-scissors and get one of the boot. When Ji-hyo wanted to play with Jong Kook to decide the next boot, Jong Kook simply gave it to Ji-hyo. Of course he wouldn’t want to compete against his girlfriend especially in this cold weather.

“Careful, okay?” Jong Kook tells Ji-hyo before going into the mud.

And after completing the penalty, they ended the shoot.

 

Jong Kook knew Ji-hyo was upset with him the moment she rejected Jong Kook’s offer to send her home. And Jong Kook didn’t want to leave it dragging which may worsen their bitter relationship. So Jong Kook decided to go to Ji-hyo’s house.

He knew if he presses the doorbell, Ji-hyo probably wouldn’t open the door for him after seeing him at the intercom monitor. So Jong Kook simply press the pin number and open the door himself.

Ji-hyo had just finished showering and drying her hair with her towel coming out from her room. She already wore her white shirt covering her thigh. When she heard someone opening the door, she already expected it was her was boyfriend. Jong Kook enters with a smile.

“Yeoboooo…….” he called, holding something behind him.

“Huh….I should have change the lock…….What do you want?” Ji-hyo asked, feeling annoyed.

“I miss you…..” Jong Kook tested Ji-hyo’s mood.

“Fine! Now you can go!”

“Mwuh?? Ah waeee??” Jong Kook whine while stomping his foot like how Ji-hyo always did to him.

“Oh my God….You gotta be kidding me…..” Ji-hyo said, looking more upset than ever. She takes a seat on the sofa, still drying her hair.

“Not cute enough? Okay….Okay….” Jong Kook give up and walked towards Ji-hyo. “Tadaaaa!” he shouted, handing out the bouquet of lilies that he hides behind him. “You’re touched, right? Your boyfriend is so sweet, right? Hmm? Hmm?” Jong Kook played with his eyebrows.

Ji-hyo took the flower and look at it.

“Your other girlfriend, maybe……But not me……..I don’t like flowers……remember?” Ji-hyo handed back the bouquet to Jong Kook.

“Mwuh?.....But…..But you like me, right?.....”

“…..Oppa,…..just straight to the point will you? Why are you here and with all this flower huh?”

“….I came…..to apologize….”

“Apologize for what?” Ji-hyo asked though she knew what Jong Kook is apologizing for.

“……..For today…..For scolding you……”

“Only that?”

“What? There’s more?”

“What about, for purposely making me work out during the water bowl challenge?”

“That? That is for your own good, Ji-hyo ah….You know you’ll never work out even if I carry you to the gym…..”

Ji-hyo bit her own lips, controlling her anger.

“Then what about when you were ignoring me yesterday?”

“Mwuh?”

“What about, when you highlighted over and over again yesterday that I’m not ‘the only women’ in the show anymore? What about when you were playing around goofily with So Min during Se Chan and Jae-suk oppa’s challenge? And….and what about, when you purposely chose Kwang Soo over me to be your quiz partner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter