The Sulking Man

Sulking Jong Kook Became Sulking Ji-hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji-hyo was a bit confuse day by day watching her boyfriend being overfriendly with So Min. Sure nobody knows about their secret relationship except for a few but doesn’t mean that she’s okay with the closeness and attention that Jong Kook had given So Min. Jong Kook had always said that he’s afraid if anyone started to notice his relationship with Ji-hyo. Not that he hates it, but he prefers more with the way it is now. They can enjoy their love life quietly and privately without interruptions. Which is also why he tried to be close with So Min. He’s afraid if he accidently showed his love towards Ji-hyo, and fans started to notice it, news will outburst. He knows well how sharp was the eyes of his fans. Even while he’s not giving attention to Ji-hyo so much, fans notice tiny bits of his actions towards Ji-hyo. This is what he tried to avoid.

But for Ji-hyo, no matter how many times Jong Kook tried to convince her that his love is only for her, it doesn’t calm her feelings every time seeing Jong Kook being happy with So Min. That’s supposed to be her place, her job to make Jong Kook happy. But how could there be another woman who can makes him happy? She always knows that Jong Kook love people who is funny and can make him happy. Ji-hyo obviously didn’t have that criteria which also added to her insecure feelings from time to time.

Her talks inside her mind was being distracted by a phone call from So Min.

“Yessssss?” Ji-hyo answered the phone lovingly knowing that it’s from So Min. Even if she’s feeling insecure at times, she still loves So Min like her own sister. So Min also has open up and find Ji-hyo every time she needs someone to talk to.

“Hehehe….Unnie, what are you doing?” So Min asked.

“Nothing…..Just….resting and watching our re-run show….”

“Really? I thought you’re only sleeping any free time you have…hehe…”

“Yah! I still know how to enjoy my free time okay?”

“Hahhahaha….Mianhae, unnie…..”

“So what’s up? Which boyfriend dumps you now?”

“Ahhhh unnie…..I don’t have a boyfriend for a while now……I told you right?”

“Yeah you’ve told me….But you’re also a liar….So who knows…..” Ji-hyo said jokingly.

“Aish unnie….That’s only for a show….Just like Kwang Soo oppa…..I wouldn’t dare lying in real life…..I could get beaten up by people…hehe….”

“Yeah….It’s good that you realize that…..So, what’s up?”

“Ermm…..Unnie…..Ermm…..I actually…..have something to tell you…..”

“Okay. Just tell me. You know you can always tell me anything, So Min ah.”

“I know….But….This time….ermm….”

“What? You have a crush again? Oh God….Who is it now? Who’s your new victim? Hahahah…”

“Aish, unnie….Don’t say like that.”

“Okay. Okay. So tell me.”

“……Ermm…..Unnie…..I think…..ermm……”

“Woww…..You must be serious with this guy coz you are stuttering…..You never get this nervous when talking about your crush….”

“Exactly…..I also don’t know why I’m feeling like this……But….This time is really different….”

“Okay…..Maybe this time he is really your soulmate since you are feeling like this, So Min ah…..”

“Woww…..I hope so….”

Then So Min suddenly quiet.

“So…..shoot it…..Tell me who is it,” Ji-hyo questioned.

“Unnie….but I’m…..”

“What? Just tell me, So Min ah. Who knows I’m close with that person. Then I can help you more, isn’t it?” Ji-hyo insisted.

“Yes, unnie….You are close with him….”

“Omo! Who is it, So Min ah? Hurry! Hurry! I’m excited already…….Hang on…..Was it Se Chan?”

“Aishhh unnie….You spoiled my excitement already……”

“Hahahahha….What? Love is blind…..Who knows you really have feelings for him….It could happen, you know?”

“I know…but….aishhh….not him….”

“Okay….Then who?”

While waiting for So Min’s answer, Ji-hyo kept guessing in her mind.

“It’s….Jong Kook oppa…..”

“Mwuh?” Ji-hyo almost shouted.

“I know….I know….It seems ridiculous right? But……..No man has treated me the way Jong Kook oppa did….Although he seems rough on the show, but off camera he’s like the most sweet guy I ever know…..He’s always concern and care about me……He’s always checking up on me……I mean…..You saw the way he treated me on the show, right unnie? And…..remember when I’m on leave from the show for not being well, he’s worried like crazy……”

“Yeah I know that. He’s always concerns about you, So Min ah,” Ji-hyo talks inside her mind.

“Unnie, are you still there? Or are you sleeping already?”

“Mwuh? I’m still here, So Min ah….”

“Ahhh…I thought you are already sleeping….So….What do you think, unnie? You must think I’m crazy right?”

“What? Nooooooo….Why would I think like that? It’s not right or wrong when you like someone. You can’t force your feelings, So Min ah…..”

“Yeah…..So unnie…..What should I do?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…..Should I take the first step? Do you think Jong Kook oppa have the same feelings as me?”

“….I…..When it comes to Jong Kook oppa, nobody knows, So Min ah. You know he’s always being secretive and reserved about his life especially his love life….”

“Yeah….Which is why I’m scared too….But….I don’t know….You know there were fans who ship us together…..And when they pointed out certain things that Jong Kook oppa did to me which he didn’t do to any other women, it kind of making me believe a bit that he may also felt the same towards me.”

“Ahh….yes….Maybe, So Min ah……”

“Then what should I do, unnie? Jong Kook oppa kept mentioning he wants to get married this year. I can’t let him go just like that. I should at least try, right?”

Ji-hyo was a bit surprised with So Min’s intention.

“So….Are you saying that……you don’t mind getting married at young age?”

“Well, if that’s what he wants….But that’s not the issue now…..What’s important is….I need to confess to him first….Or at least I need to know if he shared the same feelings as mine….Unnie, can you help?”

“Me? What should I do?”

“I don’t know but….maybe…..you can dig some infos from him….I know he trusted you so who knows…..if he say something about me….”

That is such a big task for Ji-hyo. How could she do as So Min suggested when she’s the one in a relationship with Jong Kook.

“So Min ah,….Maybe it’s better if you ask him yourself…..You know he’ll never tell anyone about his relationship….”

“But you’ve known him for a long time, unnie….I’m sure he’ll tell you if you ask him…”

“I don’t think so……Or…..Do you want to see him, So Min? Maybe we can ask him out for lunch or something…..And you could try to dig all those infos that you want….”

“Oh yes! Please! Please, unnie…..Can you ask him out for me? The three of us should go out together….At least he won’t feel weird…..”

“Erm….I….I will try…..But I can’t promise you that he’ll agree okay? Who knows he has a secret girlfriend or something…..”

“Ahh unnie….Why are you demotivating me?”

“Hahaha….Well, you need to be prepared for the worst, So Min ah….At least you wouldn’t be too sad when there’s no hope…..”

“Arasso…….But let’s go out with him first, n-neh?”

“………Fine…..” Ji-hyo agreed though she didn’t know what she should do about it.

 

And since that day, So Min kept asking Ji-hyo if she already ask Jong Kook out for her. Ji-hyo gets stress every time she thinks about it until she finally set her plans.

“Oh Ji-hyo ah…..Did you miss me?” Jong Kook asked one day when Ji-hyo called him.

“……..Ermmm……Kind of…..”

“Haha….Finally you admit it……Miss you too, darling…..Should I come over?”

“No!.....Not….today…..I’m a bit tired these days…..”

“Really? Are you sick?”

“No….I don’t think so……”

“Or……pregnant maybe?” Jong Kook teased.

“Yah!”

“Hahahahah….Okay…..You are definitely well…….”

“Erm….Oppa…..Do you wanna go out?”

“When? Today?”

“No…….Not today……Tomorrow perhaps?”

“You didn’t have any schedule tomorrow?”

“No….You are free too, right? I already checked your schedule…..”

“Wow….You are something today…….Yah Song Ji-hyo……You are not going to surprisingly propose to me, right?”

“What? You don’t like if I did?”

“Noooo…..I mean, of course I love it…..But…..I don’t think you are that daring to expose our relationship to public just like that………Isn’t it?”

“Hahahah….Well, just come and you’ll see……”

“Yah Ji-hyo ah……You are not drunk right now right?”

“Hahahah…..No, dummy….I’m fine…..Okay I won’t play around….I’m just asking you out since it’s been awhile that we did not spend times together……”

“Ahhh…I see….But, just the two of us? You are not afraid if someone get the wrong idea?”

“So Min will join us….”

“So Min? Jeon So Min?”

“N-neh….Jeon So Min, your scandal….haha….”

“Wait a second….Okay I smell something fishy…..”

“What fishy? I’m just asking you out for dinner….You don’t want to? Never mind….I’ll ask Se Chan and Kwang Soo then….”

“A-ni!.....It’s just weird that you want the three of us to have dinner together….So Min of all people…..”

“Oppa, what is so weird about her? She’s like our youngest sister, right? Nothing weird about that. If I ask Kwang Soo, he’s probably busy with his girlfriend…..If I ask Se Chan, you two will bully me…..So I ask So Min…..”

“Ahh…..So that it’s easy for the two of you to bully me? Hahaha….”

“Aishh! I just wanna go out and eat with you and So Min….What is so wrong about that?” Ji-hyo started to get annoyed.

“Okay, okay….I’m sorry, okay? Sure I’ll join both of you….Should I pick you up?”

“N-neh…..And So Min too….”

“Kure…..I’ll pick you up at six then….”

“Yeay….See you tomorrow, oppa….”

“Mmm…..”

“Okay bye….”

“Yah…..That’s it?”

“Yeah…..”

“Is that all you wanna tell me?”

“Yes….What else?”

“We’ve only been talking for few minutes, Ji-hyo ah…..”

“Ahh oppa….I told you I’m tired right? Besides, we’ll meet tomorrow…..So we can chat tomorrow okay?”

Jong Kook keeps quiet, thinking.

“Oppaaaaaa…..Please……..”

“Kure…..I’ll see you tomorrow then…..You better take a good rest today…..Don’t let me caught you get sick….”

“Arasso, abeoji!”

“Yah!”

“Hehe….I love you, jagiya…..See you tomorrow….”

“Mmm…Sleep well, yeobo…”

“N-neh…..Byee…”

After disconnecting the call, Ji-hyo didn’t know what to think. She was upset but she doesn’t know with who.

 

And the next day happen. Jong Kook fetched Ji-hyo first before going to So Min.

“Hi, oppa…..” Ji-hyo greeted after entering the car.

“Hello, my love…..” Jong Kook replied with a smile.

“Chih! Stop being cheezy.”

“What cheezy? That’s always how I greeted you, darling.”

“Yea…Yea…But we are going to fetch So Min now…..You better control yourself, oppa.”

“Don’t worry….I’m a pro…..I know how to handle it……But before she disturb us, we should act like a couple like always…….Now can I get a kiss?”

“Hahahhha…..Stop flirting, oppa……Control your hormones, will you?”

“I just asked for a simple kiss from my girlfriend whom I hardly spend time with…..Is that so hard, Song Ji-hyo?”

“It’s not that…….but…….we are late now…..Let’s just go first okay?”’

“We are not leaving this place until you show me that you love me….” Jong Kook said, pouting and simply playing with his phone.

Ji-hyo was left with no choice but to kiss her sulking boyfriend. She gave Jong Kook a peck on his cheek as fast as possible.

“There! Now let’s go, oppa…..”

“What was that?”

“A kiss…..”

“That is not a kiss…..”

“Oppa, don’t be too greedy….”

“A-ni……I’m just trying to tell you that……”

“Kure! Kure! You can lecture me next time okay? Now we are late. So we better leave now.”

“……….But………Fine……..” Jong Kook refused to argue further.

But before he starts driving, he suddenly cupped Ji-hyo’s cheeks with both hands and claim her lips.

“Mmphh….Mmpphh….” Ji-hyo squirm while trying to push Jong Kook away.

She finally gave in since she also missed her boyfriend. After few minutes, Jong Kook finally let her go.

“Now that’s…..what you call a kiss, darling…..” Jong Kook said with satisfying smiles.

“Huh….pabo!”

“Whatever….I still get to kiss you……”

Ji-hyo look over to Jong Kook, feeling angry.

“Great….Now you have lipstick on your lips…..huh…”

“Really?” Jong Kook then look into the mirror. “It’s okay……It’s been a while since I wore a lipstick….haha….”

“Aishhh…..Can we go now?”

“Hahahaha……You are all moody today…..I thought you are happy to see me after a long time……What’s wrong? PMS?”

“A-ni! I just got this feelings that I want to slap someone lately…..My hands feels itchy…..”

“Hahahah…Okay fine……We are leaving…..aishh…..”

Throughout the journey to So Min’s house, Jong Kook tried to make fun and joke around with hope that Ji-hyo will loosen up a bit. But something seems off with Ji-hyo. Jong Kook didn’t understand. She’s the one who ask Jong Kook out but she didn’t look all excited to see him. In fact, So Min was the one who looks cheerful and happy when they fetched her.

 

Soon they arrived at a restaurant that’s not crowded with people. Being a celebrity kind of limits them from simply going anywhere. They need to choose a suitable place so that fans wouldn’t surrounded them and created chaotic scenes. So Ji-hyo had book a Japanese restaurant where they can eat inside a private room to avoid fans.

 

“Waaa….It’s been a while since I had Japanese food….Unnie, you’re jjang!” So Min expressed her happiness.

“You like it? Good…..Eat as many as you want…..” Ji-hyo responded while looking at the menu.

“Your treat, unnie?”

“Jong Kook oppa is the richest one among us….He should be the one who treat us, right?”

“Mwuh rah goo? Yah! Weren’t you the one who ask me out yesterday?”

“Yes……But, weren’t you the one who love us?” Ji-hyo tried to be cheeky and playful, battling her eyes while making cute expression. She knows Jong Kook’s weakness.

“Hahaha…Yah Song Ji-hyo….You….trickster…”

“So oppa will pay? I need to know before making orders…..Oppa….” So Min asked.

“Fine…..I’ll pay….Order whatever you want…..”

“Yeay! I love you, oppa…..” So Min said happily then scrolling the menu.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo…..Don’t you have anything to say?”

“Erm……Kamsahamida……Long live the King….Hail the King…..” Ji-hyo said without daring to look at Jong Kook’s eyes.

So Min has already laughing next to Ji-hyo.

“Ah unnie…..You are really funny…..Isn’t she, oppa?”

“N-neh…..You don’t know her, So Min ah….She can be naughty at times…..”

“Hahahah….Ah unnie….Why can’t you be this funny in front of camera? I’m sure you’ll make everyone crazier…”

“Aish So Min ah….We need to be exclusive…” Ji-hyo simply stated.

“Exclusive for who, Ji-hyo ah?” Jong Kook tested.

“For….the person I’m close with……for my loved ones….”

“Ahhh….You mean like your boyfriend……” Jong Kook added.

“……Anybody…..” Ji-hyo answered, still didn’t look at Jong Kook.

“Omo, unnie! You have a boyfriend?” So Min interfered.

“Omo! You have?” Jong Kook teased further.

Ji-hyo looked up to stare at her smiling boyfriend.

“I used to….But not anymore…..” Ji-hyo’s answer shocked both Jong Kook and So Min but for a different reason.

“Daebak! Unnie, how come none of us knew about this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter