Touch Down

Moving Forward

Dani's POV 

 

Crazy how fast things can go if you have the money in this world. 

"Matt, prepare everything. We're moving to Korea by the end of the week. Send someone to pack my things here in Colorado. Withdrew all my jewelries in the safe. My clothes in the storage, send it to Korea as well. For the cars, you can keep them for a while or sell them. This house, just keep it til I say what's next"

 

"Yes Ms. Dani. You can withdraw from the account that was transferred to a different name in Swiss bank already if you need some funds. The estates in Hampton and Manhattan penthouse is also cleared, the judge ruled it's for you to keep."

"Just keep your line open Matt. I don't need anything for now" 

 

After telling Seunghyun that we'll move to Korea this morning, I have to move fast. It's only a matter of time before he relapses again or Tablo resurfaces again. The car that he took away as a get away the night Seunghyun was arrested is still gone, he can keep it if he wants to. I just wish he crashes it and take it with him to his grave. Seunghyun would be so sad, he loves that Escalade so much. We'll have another one in Korea. 

 

After thinking real hard on what to do next with our life it all boils down to making Seunghyun okay again. He needs to go to a rehab, be one with his roots. It would be the best for him to return to Korea for a bit. I can be in control of this situation, I just need to be play it smart. I surrendered my ego and pride and to finally move to Korea. There's nothing much left for me here in th US. My dad is gone, Khal is no where to be seen. Thankful that he's not in the radar and letting me do this on my own but at the back of my head I know it's only a matter of time before he'd found me. 

 

Seunghyun is back from I don't know where he went but he was back with a huge Chanel paper bag.

 

"What's this?"

"For you. I'm sorry baby" he said while kissing the side of my head. 

"Our tickets are booked already. Friday Morning. We'll be in Korea by weekends. I already had the place clean. We'll stay in Gangnam, I have a place there."

I grabbed the bag and immediately went to the bedroom to open his guilty gift. He followed me stopping by the door to lean on it to continue watch me unbox it. 

"I heard Kiko's in town. You haven't seen her for a long time, maybe you guys can have a trip when we got there. I'll be fine, I'll be with Ji while you're away." 

"We haven't landed there yet you want to get rid me right away. Why? Haven't you told your sidechicks you married me here so you can extend your visa?" I said jokingly.

"You got to be kidding me, Dani. Of course not! I just wonder if you miss your girlfriends in LA, since we moved you haven't had the chance to have friends here in Colorado. You act like you were in exile. Maybe that's the reason this place never felt home."

I just went quiet. He was right. I treated this place like it's temporary. I never unloaded my closet, it's just there sitting in a storage unit in LA. Most of my jewelries are still in a bank, safely deposited. I moved here when I was griefing the loss of my dad. I know no one here. This place reminds me so much of my late mother which made me even sadder realizing that I no longer have parents to rely on. 

 

"Yeah, you were right. This never felt like home. That's why we're coming home, arent we?" I said.

 

He keep on following me til we reach the walk in closet where I already had some luggage taken out from the basement to put our things that's in here. I feel like he's still here for a reason. There's something he wants to tell me but couldn't. 

As I am putting away the new bag he gave me inside one of my LV trunks I hear him say. 

"I saw Pete today. The private investigator Khal usually hires."

Oh God, he know the name of the chunky body guard looking guy that Khal usually uses. 

"He might have followed your car, the one I used today."

I looked at him blankly.

"So, what?" then we stare each other for a long time

I continue what I am doing and he still seems agitated. 

"I've been in contact with Matt for the past few days. He kept me updated with the estates I inherit plus they're almost done securing the money from the Swiss banks. I called Matt today actually. I told him to keep this house and move my things already to Korea, so I'll be needing the address there."

Matt is the only one who told Khat we're am at. He might also told him that I'm instructing him to move the things in Korea. Even before, Khal is the parent I never had. He has been super protective of me. Keeping tabs on me, constantly calling me, checking if I am okay or if I have been going to therapy religiously. He bails me out of jail when I was younger and troubled. And I sometimes s him, maybe that's the reason why he's still on the hook.

Don't get me wrong, I completely came clean with him when I accepted Seunghyun's proposal in Switzerland. He also followed me after there to assist with the money transfers. We had the long conversation, him making me realize that I will be making the worst mistake of my life. I completely told him that he should move on and be with someone else. His few words really leave a mark on me.

 

"It's only a matter of time, Dani. You'll be back with me, I'm not even the slightest worried you'll be gone. It's only a matter of time before that guy of yours make a wrong move. You can enjoy your life for now. Besides, you're still young. I'll be waiting." 

 

Those words is like a fuel to my love for Seunghyun. I don't want to think he's right. My pride won't let Khal win this time.

 

Seunghyun and I, will make this work. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________


Few days had passed and surprisingly Seunghyun seems to have his head in a good place. He looks like a lost puppy, always on my side. Always there when I need anything. Honestly, it almost suffocates me. I'm just not really used to him being around that much. I've been alone since I can't even remember. The first time I flew solo in Greece opened a new world for me. Before I was just enclosed with my friends in LA, school then social gatherings but when I learned how to fly and travel alone it was a new world. I met soo many people and learned a lot about different cultures. Ever since Switzerland, I never got the chance to travel again. Honestly, I hated my life in Colorado. I was just soo ing stubborn to admit it and I was grieving the whole time. I hated the suburbs, I hated our neighborhood. It was mid class with a lot of moms trying to fit in and trying hard to look rich while their mortgages are unpaid. And I thought losing my dad was nothing. I hated him as long as I can remember. We barely talk without arguing. I felt that he already gave up on me. Sometimes I feel like he loved Khal more than me. In moments that my dad is too mad at me Khat is there to calm him down. Over the years, since my dad is too absent in my life Khal became the father I never had. 

I'm mentally breaking down inside. In few hours I'll be leaving the country I was born and raised in. I know I'm Korean but I never actually lived there. Barely know the culture and I know I won't fit in. In my head, this is our last fighting chance to be alright. I need to put Seunghyun's welfare first. I know I'm not in the best shape either but I gotta lead the dance when it's very evident that he's crippled at the moment. Being an idol might have ruined his life completely. Hanging out with the worst kind of people plus everything is beyond his reach. 

We are sitting at the airport waiting for our boarding. We have checked in most of our luggages and just killing time waiting for the announcement to go in the plane. I really can't remember the last time I boarded on a commercial flight. I usually charter a plane or use one of my dad's. Matt even asked if I want him to arrange the flight but even though I know Khal already knew I'm leaving US I don't want to rub it in his face that I'm leaving.

I stood up and immediately Seunghyun rustled in his seat trying to grab my hand. It's kinda cute he's like a little kid that doesn't be left behind.

"I'm just going to the rest room, I'll be quick I promise." I told him. 

I wen't to the business class' lounge to go to the rest room. 

 

A man tall man in a hoodie and cap walk along with me. I knew who he was the moment he stood up as I walk past by him on the lounge chairs. 

 

Khal was here. 

 

He grabbed my arm and ushered me to the alley between the men's and women's restroom.

We were quiet for a while. He stood in front of me, meters apart and head hung low. 

"How  are you, Dani?" 

I just stayed quiet. I don't want to talk to him honestly. In my heart, I am extremely grateful that he is still here despite the fact that my dad is no longer here. They're no longer business partners. I really don't care if he's be greedy enough to talk all of my dad's money since he's the one who took care of it when the state wants to get it all. He sat all through out the settlement and hearing, he managed to clear out my dad's name in the process which I am really grateful for. I can't also say that I don't love him. There are times that I want to love him, it's just that the feeling is not right. I know if that I choose him I wont be happy. I can pretend that all thing's alright but I know it to myself that he's not the right fit and I'll just be giving half of my heart to him which would be super unfair on his part. I don't wanna be the person who'd cheat along the way in a marriage. I also don't want to have kids and not love them because I am not happy with my own life. But he's the best choice among all, but I am not choosing him. 

I just looked down, staring at my shoes. Mouth completely shut. 

 

"Since you don't wanna talk. I'll be the one to talk for both of us." 

He sigh and continued.

"I knew what happened in Colorado. Korea? Really?"

"It's for the best for both of us" I snapped back. I wanted to defend my man but there's no point in saying all the details to Khal, it's bad enough he got caught I wont say any more details to be used against us.

 

"It's the best for him. You won't survive there. It's bad enough that you are alone in Colorado but to have someone to take care of in a foreign country while you barely survive. Don't do this to yourself Dani. If you're just trying to prove a point here, just please stop it. Let's go home. Stop acting like a rebel teenage against me."

 

"I'm not proving a point. I can take care of him. I'm okay. I already told you Khal. You're just only hurting yourself. Following me around everywhere? Don't do this, okay? Stop ruining yourself for me. You're the smartest person I know. At age 5 you speak 4 languages. At 18 you took over your dad's company. And now you're a multi billion bachelor. Stop this please. Do not put your hope in me."

I'm almost choke saying those words. 

"I was 7 when I told you i'll take care of you for the rest of my life. We got engaged when you're 18, the words I promised you, I still stand by it. You will come back to me."

 

"Khal, you know I tried hard to love you. I just can't. You proved me enough that you love me. You don't need to go through this. My dad's gone, I can take care of myself. You got nothing to worry about. Promise me that you'll stop worrying and taking care of me from now on. You got to take care of yourself too. Please find that someone who'll make you happy instead of clinging on me." 

 

This time I had the courage to look up to him, and I can't even regulate my breath. I gasp for air and shakily said. 

 

"I really want you to be happy. Please set me free, you deserve someone who'd bring you happiness instead of headache and pain."

 

He stepped closer to me and kissed me. A simple close mouthed kiss that was brief, but I can feel all his emotions. 

"I'll forever love you, Dani" He whispered in my ears 

Then just like that he left.

I never really get Khal, I just dont know who ed him too much that this is his idea of love. 

I'd lie if I say that our conversation did not affect me. After sobbing quietly on one of the cubicles in the wash room I had the courage to finally get out and compose myself. After retouching my barely there make up I returne back to Seunghyun where he patiently waits for me. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The turbulance inside the plane was too much to bear, as if Korea is spitting me out before I land to the foreign country. 

My anxiety is over the roof, We still have 4 hrs to go before we land. My head is a throbbing pain in the . I didn't notice that Seunghyun is staring me the whole time while I put my hand on my head slightly massaging it because it hurts too much plus I am super anxious taking the last straw in my being not to run to the captain's cabin to ask them to return back to US.

 

"Hey babe, not feeling good?" His voice is deep but soothing the same time. 

"Migraine's kicking in, maybe the altitude. I'll be fine." 

He grabbed my hand and said. "We'll be fine, Dani."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The flight was really rough, so as the immigration. This is my first time in this country plus the fact that I am an American citizen made the verification and checking dreadful. I was mum the whole flight and the at the airport. My patience is running low and I am super tired already from the 18h flight that we had. This super draining. 

Arranging the transfer and the place we're gonna stay in, I left all that duties to Seunghyun since he's the one who came from here. I don't know anyone from here and I don't have Matt, a guy for any of my needs.

Seunghyun is dressed in a laid black pants and a shirt and long coat and a cap. Right after we landed I notice all the glances and attention we are getting, is it because he's really famous out here in Korea? I am not really used to people staring for a long time, few glances and short attention catches are fine but staring the whole time and some attendants are really stopping on what their doing just to observe us. 

While waiting in line, he grabbed the big handbag I am holding to place it on top of his hand carry luggage. I grabbed his free hand and lean on his arm because I am really tired and my eyes are really dropping down ready to shut close. 

After immigration he immediately called someone, probably his manager before to ask where he is. 

Right after we stepped out from the airport we were greated by few paparazzi snapping photos of us. He was holding my hand the whole time and even guided my head while letting me go in the car. We'll this is kinda new to me, in my life these photographers are only present during fashion weeks but not like this. 

First few hours in I am already hating the glimpse of our life in here.