-5-

Saving Face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

“Are you okay?”

Sakura lifts her head and stares at the man in front of her. She must have blanked out for a moment for Yuta to ask her that.

“Yes, sorry.”

Yuta chuckled as he resumed cutting the steak in front of him. It’s Saturday night, and the place was full with couples having a date. Most of them, though, are clearly well prepared with the date.

Sakura couldn’t hide her shocked face when she saw Yuta waiting for her at the hospital lobby. She thought he was there because of someone else, maybe his parents. The thought of him coming there for her never really crossed her mind.

Until she saw a text from her dad.

Go have a nice dinner with Yuta. I told him you’re free tonight.

Don’t screw this up, he’s a nice guy and we’re close with his parents.

Don't embarrass me. - Dad

So, here she was. Having a nice dinner with Yuta in one of the fancy restaurants in Fukuoka with her wearing her after work attire. Totally fit the place.

“How do you like your food?”

Sakura looked up from her food and nodded her head.

“It was good, I guess.”

It’s not like she hates Yuta or something. Yuta is actually a decent young man. He is nice, has a great manner, and always has something to talk about. He’s really, really great.

But all she could think was Eunbi.

If it was Eunbi in front of her, she must have tried to crack her lame joke now and Sakura was probably busy holding her laugh. If it was Eunbi, she must have done something to make Sakura flustered now. If it was Eunbi, they must have been eating in a food stall near the station. If it was Eunbi, she must have been whining already to make Sakura eat faster so they could get dessert.

If it was Eunbi, this whole dinner would be more fun.

Sakura couldn’t help but compare both. While Yuta was amazing, all his stories were about him. He might ask one or two about her job, but then it will be back to him. Eunbi would have a very interesting topic to talk about.

“Am I boring you?”

Sakura chuckled before she shook her head lightly.

“No, no. It was… enjoyable. It’s just…”

“You wish someone else was here.”

Sakura’s eyes widened and stared blankly at the amused man in front of her. Yuta just takes a sip of his wine, enjoying the change of Sakura’s expression.

“I… think the same too.”

Sakura watches Yuta give his glass a swirl before he takes another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter