Dinner

"In the Summer"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "This is delicious," Woo Hyun points out, before taking another bite with his chopsticks to put it in his mouth.
     Sung Kyu watches him and can't help but cast his eyes on the motorcyclist's puffy pink lips. They are so fluffy and by far the cutest he has ever seen.
     "Thank you very much, Hyunnie. I used the recipe you gave me last week,” Sung Ha lets her know as she gets up from her chair to carry her plate to the sink.
     "You cook?" Sung Kyu asks Woo Hyun, and the handsome young man nods with a proud smile.
     "Every day. I've lived alone for two years. I moved from Seoul for work."
     "Did you move for work too?" The youngest asks, but it's more like a rhetorical question, because he feels that the more he talks to Woo Hyun, the more things he has in common with his sister, and he doesn't understand why that makes him feel so disappointed.
     "Hyunnie is a lifeguard," Sung Ha interjects. "He works in the water rescue department."
     And that draws the attention of Sung Kyu more, because he feels that Woo Hyun and he could not be more opposites. Nam works in the sea, and Sung Kyu hates water so much. All because he, as a child, he was on the verge of drowning and has not been able to overcome his fears.
     "That's very interesting," Sung Kyu says at last, avoiding at all costs to remember that stormy day. He raises his eyes to his nearly empty plate and pricks a piece of carrot.
     "Whenever you want, we can go to the beach to swim,” Woo Hyun suggests, and the phrase manages to make Sung Kyu shiver with anxiety. He wants to tell him no; that he hates the idea, but he doesn't want to seem rude, and he also doesn't want to make Woo Hyun's beautiful smile disappear from his face.
     "Y-yes. It would be great, ”he answers, looking up again to give the man a gesture of false emotion.
     After all, Sung Kyu thinks that they won't spend much time together, even if Woo Hyun has told him otherwise. He doesn't doubt that his work is too demanding and that, thanks to that, he does not even have time to go out with his friends.
     And Sung Ha looks curiously at her brother, as she believed that he would decline Woo Hyun's invitation without hesitation. She can see the nervousness in his eyes and it worries her a little. Maybe she shouldn't have pushed Sung Kyu so much to socialize.
     Nam smiles at the young again and then gets up from the table.
     "Can I use the bathroom?"
     "Of course."
     Woo Hyun nods and leaves the kitchen as Sung Kyu looks at his broad back. Sung Ha sighs and pulls her chair closer to her brother's.
     "Kyu, why didn't you tell him you can't swim?" She questions, putting a hand on the boy's shoulder.
     "Maybe, because he's so embarrassing."
     "That's embarrassing? Kyu, there are many people who cannot swim. Even I don't do very we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter