Busan

"In the Summer"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "How was the trip?" Asks Sung Ha, Sung Kyu's older sister.
     The woman has been waiting for him for weeks. She has missed her family very much since she came to live in Busan for work, and the day before, her brother asked she to pick him up at the train station because he will be spending the summer holidays with her.
     "Well. I slept most of the way,” the boy replies before letting out a long yawn.
     "Are you still tired?"
     "Not really."
     "So, let's go to the supermarket to buy something for dinner," she lets him know, and Sung Kyu nods while smiling.

At the exit of the huge store, on the way to Sung Ha's house, Sung Kyu watches the seashore from the car. He thinks it is a beautiful place to spend those weeks and that he may even meet new friends. Dong Woo has been insisting that he should socialize more. But, Sung Kyu is shy, since childhood he has been very reserved, and he does not believe that a trip will make any difference in his current and boring life.
     The young sighs, and in the distance he can make out the picturesque neighborhood where his sister lives. It is the first time he has visited her since she graduated as a nurse and decided to work in a private clinic near the port. Sung Ha loves the sea, but Sung Kyu can't think of anything other than his 'accident' every time he looks at it.
     "We're here," the girl says suddenly, pulling her younger brother out of his daydreams.
     Sung Kyu looks around and then his eyes dart to the colorful plaster figure in the middle of the garden.
     "That gnome is awful," snaps the young man, earning a tap on the arm.
     "Hey! Don't be rude to Kyuzizi. Mom gave it to me when I moved in.
     "Kyuzizi? Did you give him the same nickname that I had as a child?
     "Yes! I love that name. It goes perfectly with his personality. He's like you! Grumpy and somewhat lazy."
     "Why do you say I'm grumpy? I'm not grumpy! I'm very cute. I'm just a little serious. I have tried to go out with my friends more. Mom and you keep telling me that I should have a little more fun, and now I do!I don't know why you keep bothering me.
     Sung Ha rolls his eyes as he finishes parking the car and Sung Kyu doesn't stop complaining about how much she and his mother have insisted that he get out of the house more.
     And it's the truth, she is not going to deny that she would like to see her little brother have fun from time to time. Maybe even meet someone 'special'. However, it seems that having accepted his homouality a couple of years ago has made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter