Chapter 4

Put Your Head On My Shoulder

credits to owner


Jongin P.O.V

Where is he? I've told him a million times not to pick me up late!! I didn't want to go on this trip because I'd rather stay at home and play games and watch Netflix, but I had no choice because he was begging me to come. He said he'd be on time, but ugh. 

"Hey Jongin!" someone shouts my name.

A tall guy with milky smooth skin, sharp nose and 'angry' eyebrows wave at me. All the girls around us are ogling at his handsomeness. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"You are late. You promised to be early this time?" I ask while raising my eyebrows.

"I know! I'm so sorry I overslept and I rushed here. At the very least, I'm just ten minutes late. Come on, I've got my car parked nearby." He gave a sheepish smile. 

"Sehun, help me with my luggage will you? You are 27 this year but still lack of common sense."

"You don't have to be rude you know. All you have to do is ask nicely."

"Ask nicely? With you? In your dream' I rolled my eyes.

While we are on our way to the hotel, Sehun ask me, "How was your flight? Terrifying?"

"It was genuinely enjoyable because of the young lady who sat next to me "I grinned. 

"Ooooo how does she look like?" he asked.

"Round eye, button nose, smooth skin," I grinned once more as I remembered her looks.

"Yeah, she sounds exactly like the other girls you liked." Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"No, this girl is different, and she is incredibly attractive!" I was ecstatic. 

"So what? Is she now your 100th crush?" Sehun furrowed his brows. 

"Nope. But, I think she would be a good match for someone I know."

"Who? Baekhyun?" 

"No silly. You. I think she is the perfect match for you and your nonexistant love life" I smirk at Sehun.

"Funny. I've told you a million times that I'm not looking for a relationship." Sehun remarked.

Sure, Sehun, whatever floats your boat. However, I can't deny this feeling, and I truly believe she is the right woman for him, and she may be the one who can help him mend his heart. It's time for you to open your heart to someone new, Sehun.


Hana P.O.V

I finally made it to the hotel. I am quite pleased with this room because I booked it at a discount rate, so I didn't have high expectations, and I didn't want to be disappointed later. However, this room is far greater than my expectations. Perhaps luck is on my side this time. Maybe, just maybe, this trip will be worthwhile.

I begin by unpacking my belongings and rearranging them. I enjoy unpacking and rearranging my belongings first to make myself feel at ease. I'll set up my belongings exactly as I would at home. It's barely 2 p.m. and I haven't had lunch yet so I'm heading to a cafe near this hotel. My sister recommended the cafe since she thought the hot chocolate and cookies were delicious. But I'm sure it's because of an attractive employee that she adores at that café.

Typical Daemin huh.

I wear a cream shirt and white shorts with my sandal and floral straw hat. I also put on my white cardigan, which is one of my favorites. My attire is perfect for the warm weather, and I may be able to visit a beach later. I take a leisurely stroll down the sidewalk, enjoying in the scenery.

After about 15 minutes, I arrived at the cafe, which shocked me because it is very gorgeous and aesthetic. I walk up to the counter and order my favorite, a  hot chocolate and a chocolate roll. Since I rarely visit Jeju Island, I asked the cashier which attractions she recommended while waiting for my order.

"Do you know of any interesting things to do around here? I rarely visit Jeju Island, so I'm not sure where I should start." I asked her. 

It's not that I'm lazy to look for attractions on the internet; it's just that some of the findings are either paid or overrated. I believe it is best to ask a local or someone who works here, as they may be able to recommend an underrated destination.

"Oh! I'd like to make a few suggestions. Jungmun Saekdal Beach is a great place to visit if you enjoy going to the beach. If you are interested in sea activities, it offers beautiful landscape and a range of options. If you're interested in history, the Jeju Folk Village is a good place to visit. It may be a lot of fun to learn about history firsthand! Oh, and don't forget to visit the Teddy Bear Museum! It has a collection of unique teady bears which can be entertaining!" She explains excitedly.

"I'm guessing you have a younger sister or brother?" I ask with a smile on my face. 

"I do have a younger sister and a younger brother, to be sure. How did you figure that out?" She flashed a sheepish smile. 

"Those places you just described are absolutely thrilling to visit with family. Maybe I have some ideas why would those attractions are awesome to you" I smile and pick up my order.

I chose a table near the window because I enjoy the way the sun shines through it. While eating my chocolate roll, I'm thinking about where I should go today, tomorrow, and for the next two weeks that I'll be here.

This is why, guys, we should always plan beforehand. If you plan in advance, you won't be as clueless as I am. Before leaving the cafe, I drink my hot chocolate and finish my chocolate roll. Perhaps I should take it easy today and focus on planning. I'm going to start exploring all of the attractions tomorrow. 

While I was walking back to my hotel, I heard someone shouted my name.

"Hana!" I turn around and see...Jongin.....again.

'I really wish I can disappear this instant!' I thought to myself.

"Oh...hey Jongin" I fake a smile while keep walking.

"Who knew we would meet again this fast right? It must be fate brought us together!" he exclaimed.

Fate my .

I just smile and keep walking while hoping he would just continue his way ugh.

"So wheres your friend? I thought you are here with your friend?" he asked.

"She had some errand to run so I just wanted to stroll around by myself. Wheres your best friend?" I murmur.

"That prefer to sleep because he was tired picking me up from the airport. Unbelievable!" he throws his hands up and I chuckle.

"Anyway, we are going to the Teddy bear museum tomorrow because I love teddy bear! You wanna join us? Because the more the merrier!" he asked excitedly.

I was reluctant at first because he still look kind of sketchy to me but I don't have any friend to explore this island and maybe this is a great chance for me to finally have some friends?

I slowly nod my head.

"Cool! I'll text you later this night okay the details about tomorrow." he told me excitedly.

I did not realize that we arrive at my hotel because it seems like I was talking to him for only 5 minutes. "Thank you for accompanying me Jongin. This is my hotel, I'll go first" I bowed slightly.

"Wait! You stay at here? What a coincidence! My friend and I are also staying here!"

What the ? 

"Um I see. Great. I'm kind of tired now. I'll go first" I said and wave at him.

I quickly walk to the elevator and close the door immediately so that Jongin is unable to follow me and figure out which floor I'm staying because that would be so dangerous! I press my floor and wait for the elevator to arrive at my floor.

When I enter my room, I immediately lay on my bedroom. Dear god, what are you trying to do to me?! I know something unexpected may happen during my holiday but I am definitely not expecting this! And I definitely do not want this!

I really wish I didn't talk to Jongin back then in the airplane. I wish I didn't exchange number with him. I wish I have chosen another destination instead of here.


I've realized that after criticizing my fate on Jeju Island, I fell asleep, and it's already 7 p.m., which is why my stomach is grumbling. I generally eat dinner between 8 and 8.30 p.m., so I was already hungry. 

I'm going through my phone looking for a good place to go to for dinner when a chat notification appears on my screen.

Jongin (creepy airplane) : Hey hana, what are you doing?

Jongin (creepy airplane) : I know you are reading my text through your notification centre hehe. Since we are staying at the same hotel, would you and your friend eat dinner with us? My friend said he knows the best spot to dine that is also inexpensive.

Jongin (creepy airplane) : I'm gonna wait for your answer for 10 mins. If you are not replying, I assume you do not want to. However, you will be missing out on a great opportunity ~ 

Heh. What great chance is he talking about? Jongin is a persistent person that doesn't know when to give up and end the conversation. But it hurts my heart to refuse and deny his request since I, too, dislike being ignored.

But, if I accept his invitation to dinner, won't he discover that I lied to him about my 'friend'? 

Another chat notification appears.

Daeminnie : Hi sister! I hope everything is going well for you over there. According to my friends, Jeju Island is a location of wonders where unexpected twists and turns can occur. If something like this happens to you, just grab the opportunity okay? I hope your vacation will be a refreshing change for you. Please text me if you have any questions, but do not reply to this text. I'm busy! I love you!

I look around my room, wondering whether there's a camera spy in there. Why does it seem like everyone is aware of my situation? This gives me the creeps. Anyway, since Daemin stated that, I should believe her because I've been believing her since I was a child, and everything has worked out well for me.

To Jongin (creepy airplane) : Yea sure. Lets meet at the lobby at 8 pm.

I click send and let out a breath. I hope I am making the right decision.


Jongin P.O.V

Hana : Yea sure. Lets meet at the lobby at 8 pm.

Yes! "Sehun! She agreed to meet with us for dinner!" I exclaim enthusiastically. 

"I've told you a thousand times that I don't need you to hook me up with a stranger! If you really want to eat with her, go by yourself! Jongin, don't drag me into your matchmaking bull." Sehun took a deep breath and exhaled forcefully. He appears angry.

I am not trying to be a busy body and I rarely do this matchmaking but I have the feeling that this girl is the one for him. I had enough watching Sehun closing his heart to every woman after his last break up and I want Sehun to be happy again.

"Sehun, I promise you she is a good person. She is not some weird stranger I met. She seems like a genuine person." I said softly.

"To you, of course she does! I have never met her and I don't have any interest in knowing anyone new Jongin. Why can't you just understand me?" Sehun lets out a  sigh.

"Okay fine. You dont' have to act like a mature, boyfriend-worthy person. Just maintain a normal attitude and consider this dinner as a polite introduction. A friend introduces another buddy to a friend. It's alright if you didn't end up together. I believe we'll make an excellent trio. Okay? Please?" Jongin's pleading

Sehun sigh again, "Fine, what time? 8 pm? I'm gonna take a shower first." Sehun grabs a towel and heads to the bathroom.

To Hana : Okay Hana. See you later!

I send the message to Hana and start to prepare myself for dinner too.


Hana P.O.V

It's already 8 p.m., and I can't find my purse! I'm frantically flipping through my room, looking for my purse. I found it under my pillow, as ridiculous as it seems. Ugh, I've wasted 10 minutes looking for a goddamn purse.

I'm literally sprinting out to the elevator and pressing the button quickly in the hopes of a quick ride. I'm worried right now because I despise waiting for people who are late, yet I'm the one who is late this time!

I just realized I forgot to double check my looks before I raced out just now. Once I'm in the elevator,  I take look at my reflection in the elevator, wearing a white shirt, a soft pink cardigan, and high-waisted white pants with sandals.

I have no idea how to dress stylishly, but I guess I'm okay right now. 

I jog to the entrance of the lobby, looking for an orange-haired man. It's a good thing he has orange hair because it makes him easier to detect. 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Jongin! I couldn't find my purse just now and I literally ran. I'm sorry for making you wait 10 minutes," I said out of breath.

Jongin burst into laughter "It's all right, Hana! To me, 10 minute is nothing!" 

"Thank goodness you have this odd orange hair because it made it easier for me to find you in the lobby," I chuckle as I point to his hair. 

Jongin laughed once again, and I heard someone next him snort. Oh, I almost forgot, he mentioned he'd bring a friend with him.

"Let me introduce you guys. Hana, this is Sehun, my best friend. Sehun, this is Hana, my soon to be best friend." Jongin smile widely.

Both of us shake hands, and I take a few moments to look Sehun in the eyes. He stands somewhat taller, with pale silky white skin, a sharp nose, and cute brows. If I said Jongin was attractive, Sehun is even more so! Because Sehun is so mothering attractive, Aphrodite must shower devotion on him.

I blush when we shake our hand and exchange our greeting. 

"Okay the restaurant is nearby and we can just walk there. Is it okay with you Hana?" Jongin ask.

"Yes its okay" I reply.

I walk in between Jongin and Sehun because Jongin said it is safer to walk like this. Jongin strikes up a few conversations, mostly with Sehun, while I simply listen and occasionally make a remark.

What I can't ignore is how Sehun's arms brush up against mine as we walk. I couldn't stop myself from blushing. It's been a long time since I've met someone as attractive as Sehun, so it makes me a little giddy.

But I had no idea Jongin had noticed me blushing the entire time, and he prayed that he had made the right decision this time.


Author's note :

Hi guys! This is the next chapter. I keep on changing P.O.V back and forth in this chapter but I hope it wont confuse you. Finally Hana is able to meet Sehun and I am so excited for them! Jongin is cute when he tried to softly talk to Sehun. Our two soft babiesss

I finally finish my last paper and hopefully I am able to continuously update this story. By the way, I am lack of superb vocabulary so I aim to write a story with easy English words. I hope you guys will continuously enjoy this story.

Thank you for reading and supporting my story!