Surprise is Nice!

It's Music or Me?

 

As SeonHwan walked away, without realizing it, LuHan smiled. LuHan was confused yet happy, unreasonably happy. He wondered how come they didn't feel awkward at all. For normal people, usually they'd feel awkward and uncomfortable around each other  when they first met. Well.. it wasn't their first meeting but... But they weren't, strange. So what are we? Abnormal? Tsk.
 
As LuHan drowned into those abnormal thoughts, someone approached him.
 
"Hey," LuHan turned his head to the one who called him. LuHan saw a guy stood beside the table, friendly smile plastered on his face.
 
"Yeah..?" Who is he?
 
"My name is Byun Baekhyun. Yours?" He asked while offering his hand.
 
LuHan narrowed his big eyes, "I'm sure I don't know you."
 
"Duh. That's why I told you my name." He suddenly sat beside LuHan comfortably. "What's your name? I have a reason why I introduced myself." He rolled his eyes jokingly. "Why?" The cold voice slid out of LuHan's throat. "Your name first." Baekhyun smiled in victory.
 
"LuHan." He answered.
 
"Foreigner?" Baekhyun asked again.  LuHan narrowed his eyes unfriendly, "If it's not that important I'll just-"
 
"Let's be a good friends." He offered his hand once again, But LuHan didn't even pay attention to it.
 
LuHan gave him his intimidating stare, "Why?" He asked. See?? He already felt uncomfortable around Baekhyun. This was supposed to happen between him and SeonHwan, too. But yeah.. Them and their abnormality...
 
"I'm SeonHwan's friend." He blurted out. "So?" Carelessly he asked. LuHan stood up from his seat, the awkwardness killing him inside. You wouldn't know how much he wanted to escape from that conversation.
 
Baekhyun smiled, "SeonHwan's friend means my friend, too." He stood up and put his right arm around LuHan's shoulder, making him moved his shoulder uncomfortably. He yanked Baekhyun's hand off his shoulder and took the guitar, ready to disappear from there. But as the won't-give-up-until-he-get-what-he-want kind of guy, Baekhyun put his arm back around LuHan's shoulder once again.
 
"So, silence means yes for me. From now on try to call me buddy." He commanded, earning a cold respond from LuHan, "I won't." Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, then he nodded his head. "Okay, at least we're friends. Now let's go!" He raised his hand in the air and dragged LuHan with him.
 
+++++++
 
"Park Luna!" SeonHwan yelled her friend's name from afar.
 
"Who's that... Oh, SeonHwan!!" She yelled back after she examined the person who called her. Blame her bad eyesight.
 
"Yah, where have you been these days?" SeonHwan ran towards Luna and gave her a teddy bear hug.
 
Luna chuckled after she released their hug. "My dad was  busy at the restaurant, so I had to help him a bit. There were some important guests." Luna finished her sentence.
 
"Oh yeah? Good for your father.." SeonHwan commented. Luna faced SeonHwan and was about to smile when she realized her friend's pale face.
 
"Yah! Why is your face so pale?!" Luna yelled and cupped SeonHwan's face.
 
Nah.. the real her is back... She rolled her eyes.
 
"Are you sick?" Luna asked worriedly.
 
Sigh escaped from , "I was. But hey, my face might look pale but look at my body! Now I'm totally fine~ You better don't start with those 'speech' you have there." She warned her.
 
Luna held her what-so-called speech in and thought for a moment. That was quite right. Arguing with Park SeonHwan would take forever, it's not different with digging your own grave. She will never stop till she knocked you down. She's cruel when it comes to words. Gosh, she's a smartass when it comes to debating. She's perfect to be a politician.
 
Luna looked at her stubborn friend, she gave up. "Okay... but you're really fine, right?" SeonHwan nodded convincingly. "Good, then." She put her arm around SeonHwan's shoulder, but she felt SeonHwan was taller than she thought.
 
"Yah, you grow taller?" Luna asked suspiciously.
 
"Nope. Still 167 cm." Luna narrowed her eyes. SeonHwan who realized her words, covered . "Ah I didn-"
 
"Hisshh.. do you have to be that specific?" She crossed her arms. Now she regret for not drinking milk when she was still a kid.
 
"Eeiii~ you know I didn't mean to, right?" She poked Luna's arm playfully.
 
"Whatever," Luna chuckled. "Oh anyway! Where's Baekhyun?" She asked again.
 
SeonHwan shrugged her shoulder, "Don't know."
 
"I see.." Luna nodded her head. 
 
Suddenly, they heard someone called out SeonHwan's name. SeonHwan turned her head to the one who called her, only to find Mrs. Jung standing not far from them.
 
She wasn't the one who called me, right?
 
"Park SeonHwan." she called her name once again. Sht.
 
SeonHwan faked a smile in front of her, "Yes..?" She asked. After rejecting my song, now what?
 
"Come with me to my office, now." She commanded, firmly, causing SeonHwan to made a face secretly. She turned her head to Luna, "I'll go, okay? See you later." She smiled and waved her hand and Luna nodded.
 
"What does that woman want this time..." She mumbled, heard by Luna who was giggling.  She sighed, "Now I'm alone again..." she mumbled to herself as she watched their back.
 
"Oi Luna!!" Shouted a cheerful voice from afar. "Is that... Byun Baekhyun!!" She shouted back, happily. Baekhyun approached her with this guy that Luna had never seen before.  "Wahh where have you been?" Baekhyun asked cheerfully, As usuaaaall~ Luna thought. "Helped my dad. Why? Missed me that much?" She teased.
 
"How narcisstic!" He made a disgusting face which made her laugh.
 
After that she realized the guy beside Baekhyun. "Who is he? Your new victim?" She asked.
 
"No. My new friend."
 
++++++++
 
Both of them arrived at Mrs. Jung's office.
 
"Come in." Mrs. Jung said as she opened the door. Both of them entered the room.
 
"So," Mrs. Jug started. "I guess you're still upset about yesterday." She said while playing with the hem of South Korea's flag that stood firm at the corner of the room.
 
"Kind of." She blurted. Not that she's an impolite girl, but she was being spontaneous.
 
"Sorry, then." She apologized. The older woman crossed her arms on her chest, waiting for SeonHwan's answer.
 
She sighed, "I'm trying to understand, Mrs. Jung. Let's not talk about it." 
 
Mrs. Jung smiled, "As you wish. So, how was it? Being Luhan's mentor?" She asked.
 
"It-"
 
"Talk comfortably with me, it's okay. Be honest." She cut off SeonHwan's sentence.
 
SeonHwan chuckled softly, "It's not that bad. Things went well, I guess. I should work hard too. But I have a question."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Who is LuHan, actually?" SeonHwan asked curiously.
 
Mrs. Jung cleared and started an explanation, "LuHan is a transferred student from China. Known for his singing ability at his late university. He was too talented. Even when he asked the government for a small house, they gave it to him."
 
SeonHwan gasped, "Woah! He must be really great..." She murmured. "Why would he need a house?" She asked again.
 
"Because he brought his mother, too. He has no family but her. They also said that his mother is sick. That would be the reason why he brought her along with him."
 
SeonHwan nodded innocently, but then she snapped her fingers. "If he's that great, why would he need a mentor, and it's me. He seems better that me... so wh--"
 
 
 
 
"He doesn't dream." 
 
"Excuse me?" 
 
"He doesn't dream, I said." She convinced.
 
SeonHwan crossed her arms grumpily, "Only that? Mrs. Jung, that's a weak reason to make me become his mentor." She uttered.
 
"No. I believe you're better than him. Make him dream."
 
"But why me???" She whimpered. 
 
"Because you showed me, no, you showed us that you have a dream. And you showed us that you can be what you want. You have potentials. You are the best music student in Seoul National University, the most prestigious of all post-secondary educational institutions in South Korea! You'll be a lot of help to him." She explained.
 
SeonHwan rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly after hearing Mrs. Jung's compliment. I'm not bad at all... and she smirked.
 
"But, Mrs--"
 
Mrs. Jung sighed. "You. You dream to be a great musician, am I right?"She nodded. "You really want to be like that?" She nodded again, "Of course! It's my dream, I should achieve it."
 
"Make LuHan to be like you, enthusiastic." Mrs. Jung smiled knowingly.
 
"Why should I do that?" SeonHwan teased.
 
"Stubborn girl," SeonHwan glared unhappily at Mrs. Jung. "To make him realize that he's talented. Is that a bad thing?" Mrs. Jung raised her voice.
 
"Haha. So this is a mission for me? What will I get if I succeed?" She asked.
 
Finally she understand!!!, Mrs. Jung mentally shouted.
 
Mrs. Jung smiled happily, "Cambridge University, full scholarship." And SeonHwan's jaw dropped in instant, she froze on her spot. She's lying, right?! "And I'm not lying, Park SeonHwan." She chuckled amused at her student's reaction.
 
"Really?!" Mrs. Jung nodded, "I guarantee you that."
 
"Ahh... Mrs. Jung..." SeonHwan felt like crying all of sudden.
 
"I think that's the right thing to do since you have such ability, you deserve it after all. Just promise me one thing. Help him, okay?" SeonHwan nodded eagerly. 
 
She straightened her back and stood firmly, "I'll try my best!! Everything for Cambridge!" She yelled monotonously like a soldier, but don't forget the smile she put on her face.
 
Mrs. Jung's smile widened in satisfaction, "But you can't tell him, okay?"
 
 
 
+to be continued+
 
 
Helllooooo fellas~ huntedhunter is back~!
Do you see the poster? Perfect, riteee??
Thanks to @wanieythopia for the great poster ^^ owe you a lot ;)
And! She has a graphic shop: 
 
 
you should check it out, they're perfect! and it's fast too :D
And yeah, hope you enjoy the story so far ^^
 
Comments and Subscribers are loved :)
-huntedhunter