pink skies.

Playlist.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pink skies
By: LANY


Heaven must've made a different door for you. You are supposed to go in and meddle with angels but you end up with me. It's rather appealing to some hopeless romantic to see such a perfect woman trudge her way to a cloud of black smoke. Although it seems a little bit cliche for the most part but loving you is the only way out of this hole, this story will end with you and me.  

I've always loved you more, I think. And you're more than you can ever give, well for me anyway.

The orange and pink skies merged with the hazy drizzles of whites. Clouds formed over the horizon and seemingly it warned me that it's going to rain. 

“.” I cursed. Out of all the days that I chose to ride the motorbike. It's today. 

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and gave Yuri a call. If she still wants to be my friend, she needs to return my car.

“Hey, it's going to rain. Give me my car back.” Grumbling as I turn the key on my bike, I hear Yuri laugh.


“Come on, I thought you wanted to keep Tiffany on your waist for the rest of the night?” Yuri huffs, obviously I would want that but the weather is sick. 

“It's going to rain,” I say. Yuri is fond of long monologues and she extends the conversation to an extended run. I won't be surprised if we're talking about stomach aches and mosquitos after two minutes.

“I'll return it after I bring the decorations back home. You know you are the only one who has a Costco membership here and I need your car. Do I need to explain myself? Come on Tae.”


Sighing, I relented. Perhaps she can use my sacrifice as a booster to go on with her plan of proposing to Jessica anytime soon. 

“Okay. Just bring it back and lock the garage, please.”


“Copy. Thanks, Taeng.”

--------


LA is very hot in the morning. But through the night, it's bearable although the knocks of wind go beyond especially if you are alone and waiting for god knows how long. I befriended the security guard that is stationed outside Tiffany's workplace to tell me about the floor they are on. 

I'd sit and stare at my girlfriend and maybe annoy Jessica and Sooyoung but regardless I'll stay out until they're finished. My teeth were almost shivering despite the fact that it has no reason to shiver but whatever, I need warmth and warmth would I get.

“Taeyeon. What in the hell are you doing here?” Jessica hissed. Oh. Feisty. 

Her stilettos clank on the marble pavement, she probably saw me on the cameras or some blabbermouth told her.

“I'm actually picking my girlfriend up. Where's yours?” I grinned, amused by Jessica’s blushing face. She is a mirror of her own soul and right now this girl needs a little smooch on top of her forehead because she is a kitten like that.


“She said she'll do groceries.” She pouted. 


“Ah.” I pretended that I did not know. Shocker! 

“You are not allowed here by the way.” She turned around and punched the elevator buttons. I certainly can see the dents the force made. 

“This is my building.” I proudly say, looking at my reflection on the mirrors surrounding the diamond-like lift.

She rolled her eyes. “You're still not allowed. Are you a fashion editor?”

I looked at her, aghast. “ew.”


“Then you're not allowed in here. Like I said. Even if it's your building. Even if Dad actually gave you a pass!” I laughed at Jessica’s outburst. My sister is so cute, come to think that she is actually grabbing my wrist to shove me down the glass pane doors, leading to their workroom.


She does not really embody the “Walk Your Talk mantra” so I always like to think that the words that come out of are the total opposites of what she's going to do. 


“She's working her off. Bring her home.” Jessica orders and leaves the room.  

I looked into the palm of my hand and saw the BMW car key. My little sister oh my god so thoughtful!  


When I say that working women are beautiful, I'm not lying. I saw how Tiffany's eyes are tired and restless, looking so damn beautiful nonetheless. Her soft pink lips are pouting as her pencil glides past the white canvas.  

I love seeing my life right in front of my eyes and looking at her like this makes me swoon. Every day, it's like the first day all over again.  

There's a small tug in my heart though, I'm an overthinker, and I do a lot of thinking. Over the last three years of our relationship, I never once doubted my love for her but it's what I get in return that's haunting me. She loves me I know but she's too perfect and I'm afraid that eventually when my imperfect flaws would manifest, she'll leave me.


It's the doubts. The cracks that I see in an almost perfect relationship. I'm afraid of myself. I hope she'll stay. I hope I'm the one.


My thoughts were cleared after several blinks. And there, she smiles, leaning on the table with a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter