Final 2.2

Room 711
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.J.W.Y.T.B.W.M.F.

 

 

***
 

 

"Dang, from all the days." Yoona groaned when she saw the rain started falling just as they stepped into the car. Just like she promised, she stayed with her boss until the day she was discharged. "Looks like we can't drop by the office, Ms. Seo." she sighs, glancing at her at the passenger seat.

 

"Just drive me straight into my apartment," ordered Seohyun softly. She closes her eyes and tries to take a nap and enjoy the ride.

 

"It was too sunny yesterday yet it's raining right now. Aigoo..." Yoona said, not aware of the young boss's mood. "Or I think this will only pass?" she sighs and continues to drive carefully. The rain just keeps getting harder as time passes. "Omo." She slowed down, getting more careful as she doesn't want to cause an accident. That's when she turned her attention to Seohyun and finds her already sleeping. "No wonder she didn't react." chuckled her and gently tuck a couple of hair strands on her face to the back of her ear before she focused back on the road. "This weather is making me gloomy." But the sleeping beauty next to her is somehow giving her smiles. She didn't imagine driving for her boss while she's sleeping. It never happened since she started working for ta publishing company under her leadership.

 

Although she saw her sleeping a lot of times back in the hospital, the atmosphere in the car is different and she loves it. Especially that she looks better than and is so beautiful in her eyes.

 

After 30 minutes of drive, she reached the parking lot of the apartment building and shifted back her attention to the young boss, who is yawning so big, not minding if she's watching her. 

 

"Thanks for driving me home, Yoona-ssi." Said Seohyun as she let out another yawn and spread her arms unconsciously, hitting Yoona on the right cheek accidentally. "Omo, I'm sorry." 

 

Yoona had her eyes widened briefly as she immediately shakes her head. "It's fine. Your neighborhood is really that big. I almost got us lost." she chuckled softly.

 

"Oh, g-glad you took us to the right building." Seohyun is relieved. She turned her head behind to check if the rain has stopped. Thankfully it has. "How long did it take us here?" she wonders.

 

Yoona didn't warn the young brunette as she unbuckled her seat belt. "Almost an hour." she replied softly.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun once again thanked her. The doe-eyed casually steps out of the car and she follows outside. "I'll handle it." She was about to stop her from taking her bag in the trunk but she already got it.

 

"I should carry this to your apartment." said Yoona, flashing a bright smile and ushered her to get going.

 

"Okay." Sighing, The younger girl walks ahead of her to the lift.

 

"Do you have any close neighbors?" asked the older girl as she pressed the floor number on Seohyun's apartment.

 

"Yup." Seohyun quickly responded.

 

'Liar.' But Yoona knew she doesn't have. "Who?" And she acted cool, smiling briefly at her.

 

"Mr. Song." 

 

"The guy next door?"

 

Nodding, Seohyun raises her eyebrows. "Why?"

 

"Well, you should ask his help if those men return." Yoona suggested. Now that the latter is out of the hospital, she can't look after her any more and she's worried those men will return and might trigger her to do the only solution she's thinking. "Or call me right away. But you have to put my number on your phone first." she immediately recalled she didn't save her number.

 

Seohyun chuckled softly. "How'd you know I didn't save your number?"

 

"The nurse told me. They used your phone to call your parents."

 

"Oh, they didn't mention it. Okay, I'll do." She felt a little embarrassed. She knows she likes her but she didn't even save it. But she definitely memorizes her number. 

 

"I got it." Yoona however took her phone when she took it out. And she immediately types her number then saves it simply as 'Yoona'.

 

Seohyun chuckled in amusement as she took her phone back. "Thanks. I'll make sure to call you." 

 

"Promise." Holding out a pinky finger, Yoona smiled cheerfully at her.

 

"Promise." Got more amused, Seohyun complied as she hooks her right pinky finger too. The doe-eyed giggles made her smile giddily.

 

-

 

As soon as the door was unlocked, both girls entered the apartment and Yoona immediately smelled the alcohol and saw canned of beers on the floor. 

 

"Aish." Seohyun got embarrassed for the second time. "I'm sorry about this." She hastily started picking up the cans. But the doe-eyed help her which made her shier. "Please, I can-"

 

"You should be resting by now. But I know you'll feel like you're bothering me. So yeah, let's clean up your apartment." explained Yoona, flashing a genuine smile. She took the four cans from her grasps and put them into the trash bag. 

 

Agape and speechless, Seohyun could only watch her while their cheeks are blushing. Her heart is fluttering at the same time. 'Why is she doing this to me?' she had enough in the hospital. 'I thought she doesn't even like her coz I scold her always. And I'm so strict when it comes to her work.'

 

"Just bring your bag inside." Instructed Yoona like a boss.

 

"Y-yes." came the young brunette's quick response, taking the bag nearby and walk to her bedroom. But she stopped and turn to watch the doe-eyed. "You're not going to ask me to promote you, don't you?" she seriously asks earning a laugh.

 

"Of course not. Why would I?" Yoona didn't expect such a question. "Why do you always ask weird things?" And she realized the latter had been like that since in the hospital. 

 

"I don't know. Just wondering." Seohyun shrugs her shoulders, turning her attention to the door on her bedroom, and didn't turn anymore as she entered and let out a sigh. 'She's so sweet.' she thought, suppressing a wide smile on her face.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Thanks for the food, Ms. Seo." said Yoona, accepting the pot of ramyeon the latter is handing her. She smiled at her before she took a bite on the noodles.

 

"No, thanks for helping me till here. I'm already so shy but here you are, so stubborn." chuckled Seohyun softly. She checks on her before she also took a bite of her noodles. She doesn't know how to cook so she just cooked them the easiest. And the doe-eyed refused for her to order food. "I really think you deserve a bonus." 

 

"Aish." Yoona didn't even think twice to flick her forehead. "Stop it. I'm here not to ask that. I'm here as a friend. You know that."

 

"I'm just kidding. And I'm overwhelmed." 

 

"You don't have friends, do you?"

 

"I told you I have." Seohyun denied firmly. She's already obvious but she can't admit it.

 

"You don't have. That friend you were talking about is just our colleagues, isn't it?" Teases Yoona playfully. She loves her reaction so much. It's so fun to see it.

 

Rolling her eyes, Seohyun put her chopsticks down on the table. "I have... back in my college days." She confessed, looking seriously straight to those dark brown eyes before her.

 

"You have, okay." Yoona knew she doesn't have to insist on it. 

 

"They are not just as the same anymore. They have their own jobs and lives, and most don't like me now. You know, they expect me to take law." explained the young brunette with a small smile. "But I got used to it." she chuckled softly. "And I have a friend here, in front of me." she got playfully and flick the doe-eyed's forehead in response to what she did.

 

"Aish." 

 

Seohyun stuck her tongue out victoriously. She took the chopsticks back and slurp the noodles casually. She would eat the kimchi from time to time, unaware the young graphic designer is watching her eat. 

 

'My pleasure.' Yoona thought in mind, smiling warmly, fluttering, and is smiling unconsciously. After a while, she took her chopsticks back and bite on her noodles. She keeps glancing at her and would giggle when their eyes would meet halfway.

 

"Hey, can we take a picture, Yoona-ssi?" Seohyun suddenly got an idea and she hastily grabs her phone from the side.

 

"No problem." Yoona replied and leaned in close to the younger girl so she will be seen on the camera. A big genuine smile formed on her lips as she looks at the camera.

 

"Kimchi." As she announced, Seohyun pressed the capture button. "One more." And took two more shots with different angles of their faces. "Now that's really more like it." she's satisfied with their photos and so as the doe-eyed.

 

 

:::

 

 

It was just five minutes ago since the doe-eyed left her apartment, Seohyun is feeling lonely already. She got too attached to her for three days that it's like new for her to be alone. Having someone by her side is really different than being alone. But she can't take her for granted. She can't let her stay for more days knowing she has missed a lot of work and so has her.

 

'I miss her already. For the past three days, I feel like she's my girlfriend. She's so caring and sweet. Aigoo, that's like a dream come true.' She thought, chuckling at her thoughts while having some tea, and is staring at their photos on her phone. She pouted sadly once again. 'When will the days repeat like that? Aish, no. I promised I won't do the same thing anymore.' she shook her head when she thought of the hospital, leading to the suicide attempt. 'You pathetic, Seo Joohyun.' she mentally scolded herself, slapping her own cheeks a couple of times. 

 

Getting up from the sofa, she walks to the glass wall and sighs, watching the city lights before her eyes. 'Working again on Monday. I hope everyone still likes to see me.' she chuckled thinking of it and imagining their reaction once they saw her again. She's used to everyone's frightening eyes and that's what she wants also, so they will work hard and worth to pay by the company.

 

Suddenly she heard her phone vibrates on top of the coffee table, causing her to turn and casually returned to the sofa to check the message she received. Her eyes are surprised to read Yoona's message for the first time on her phone:

 

Yoona: The moon is so beautiful tonight despite the rain earlier. Have a good night, Ms. Seo.

 

She smiled automatically and quickly types her response. 

 

You got good photography skills, Yoona-ssi. Good night to you too 😘❤

 

She sends it hesitantly and blushes unconsciously because of the emojis she added. She waited for a minute only to read Yoona's response.

 

Yoona: Thank you, Ms. Seo ❤ Sleep well. 😊

 

The heart and smile emojis got her giddy and she almost squeals. She wanted to type a response but she suddenly couldn't form any words in her mind. "Aish." So she takes her time to think of it until the doe-eyed girl beats her instead.

 

Yoona: Don't forget to take your meds. You need them for a week. See you Monday 😊

 

"Oh yeah, almost forgot about it." She softly utters and finally, she had words to say.

 

Thank you again. I will keep it in mind. Don't worry :) See u Monday! ☺

 

She is Satisfied and sent it right away. But she never received any messages anymore so she thought she probably has fallen asleep. 

 

Getting up, she walks to her kitchen to put her cup on the sink and brushes her teeth before she returned to her bedroom to finally sleep as well with a big smile on her face.

 

 

:::

 

[3 days later-]

 

After ditching their friend's birthday, Yuri called everyone to gather them for a dinner and everyone finally showed up, including Hyo who brought a late birthday gift to their doe-eyed friend.

 

"Yah, Im Yoona, why aren't you touching your food?" But while everyone is enjoying their food, the birthday girl isn't seemed to enjoy the night. "Do you want me to add more meat?" Yul asks, thinking it's the food their friend is not paying attention to.

 

Yoona snapped out of reality and smiled at her friends. "I was just thinking of someone. Thanks for the food, by the way, Yul." she finally picks up her chopsticks and took a bite of the rice first.

 

"Someone?" All of them chorused as they looked at her with eyebrows rising.

 

"Did something happened during your birthday?" Hyoyeon has some guesses on her head. Ever since the doe-eyed hang-up on her, she can't help and think she's up to something.

 

"No, it just worked." Yoona chuckled nervously. She never mentioned Seohyun, afraid she might share what happened to her.

 

"Oh, someone is work?" Yuri smirk, crossing her arms in the process.

 

"Spill it." Sooyoung is curious as well.

 

"Didn't you mentioned someone sticks a sticky note on your apartment?" Hyoyeon remembers the night of her birthday.

 

"Yeah, there was. I didn't go there." Yoona lied as she denied firmly. "I sleep all night and have a good breakfast the next day. That's all."

 

"Yah!" Sooyoung, Yuri, and Hyo exclaimed. They know their friends better than to believe her lies.

 

"Share it with us. Why would you space out there if there's nothing happened?" Yuri stated as a matter of fact. "I know you went there. And that someone is... Manager Seo?" she teases, doesn't have anyone in mind besides her.

 

Yoona chuckled nervously. "It's not her."

 

"Then who?" Hyo and Sooyoung chorused this time. They're glaring at their friend, so she won't tell a lie.

 

"Come on, you know you can't sleep well if you continue keeping that from us. We can help if ever." Yuri shrugs her shoulders, looking at Hyo and Sooyoung in vice versa. 

 

"Yuri is right. You already shared it with us, just continue whatever it is." Sooyoung shakes her head in disbelief, taking a big bite of her chicken while not leaving the doe-eyed's eyes.

 

Sighing in defeat, Yoona puts her chopsticks down and stares at her friends for a moment before she shares her worries. "It's been three days since I drove home, Ms. Seo. But ever since then, I can't stop worrying over her. Even though I see her always in the office, all so bright, can't stop thinking she's not safe at home." she ended it with another sigh. "What should I do?"

 

"Why isn't she safe?" Hyoyeon beats her friend's to ask. 

 

"There are these men that keep bothering her in her apartment. Forcing her to go to the U.S." Yoona explained, crossing her arms near her chest as well. The truth is, she can't stop thinking of her more. Every night feels lonely since she brought her home.

 

"Oh, just when did you guys become close?" Yuri teasingly smiles earning rolling of eyes from the doe-eyed. 

 

"How are you sure they're close, Yul?" Sooyoung chuckled as she finds it funny to imagine. "She probably just learned it without her boss knowing she knows."

 

"Soo is right. I just happened to saw it too." Yoona lied, glad to hear it from Soo.

 

Yuri and Hyo both nodded in understanding.

 

"But why are you worried?" Hyo eyed the doe-eyed suspiciously. She feels like there's more to it.

 

"She doesn't deserve to receive such treatment. I mean, no one deserves to feel unsafe." Yoona explained defensively. "Aigoo, there's no point sharing this." she regretfully says, taking her chopsticks back as she casually took a bite of her food. She thought they will have some ideas about her problem but all they did is to question her. She's disappointed.

 

Soo, Yuri, and Hyo eyed each other and smile amusingly at their friend.

 

"Yah, we can steak out on her apartment tonight to make sure no one's going to harm her." Yuri said that brought Yoona's attention to her. " 

 

"Chincha?" Yoona got brightened. "I thought you guys are busy?"

 

"Not anymore, kiddo. So let's do it tonight." Sooyoung replied in assurance. 

 

"We owe you your last birthday. We can't let you handle this only." Hyoyeon added, making a toast with the doe-eyed's glass of coke as she drinks hers casually.

 

"Yes, thank you." Yoona is so happy to hear it from them. They're her friends after all.

 

 

:::

 

 

"What time is it now?" 

 

Yuri put her coffee down to check the time on her phone, widened her eyes when she realized it's already 11 pm. "Yah, we've been here for three hours now. And there are no men that appeared yet." she told Sooyoung and Yoona who is sitting on the opposite sofa in a cafe, just in the apartment building where Seohyun lives.

 

"Yeah, but we haven't seen her returned." Yoona reminded. 

 

"And Hyo hasn't returned too." Sooyoung added. Ever since Seohyun exited the building, they ask their friend to follow her. 

 

"Let's call, Hyo then." Yuri scrolled down her contacts. But she hasn't even pressed the call button when Hyo's contact ID is flashing on the screen. She hastily answered her. "Where are you?" And put it on the loudspeaker so the others will hear.

 

[You guys need to come here.]

 

"Where?" They chorused.

 

[Seohyun's in this basketball court, playing. And I can see at least three men watching her. It's been ten minutes since they reached here.]

 

Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung eyed each other immediately.

 

"We're coming." And Yuri hastily announced, taking her phone back and rushed outside with her friends.

 

They reached the basketball court in no time and meet with Hyo. All three men that were across the court are all wearing black suits that can bethink as they were thugs.

 

"They aren't doing anything, however, but it's obvious that they're watching her." said Hyo as she put her hand on Yoona's shoulder. "What are we going to do?"

 

"Let's watch for a while. If they do something, then let's step in." Yoona seriously said, not leaving her eyes on those men.

 

"Seohyun, she's unaware or what?" Yuri finds it weird because the young chief is continuously pulling up those shots to the ring.

 

"She's aware, she's just pretending so it won't trigger th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter