6: Opposite of Joy

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

J O Y

 

 

Just as the usual night comes, rain pours down normally as usual while I wait for the last destination of this bus. I looked at the man in his 50s in the middle row where he was reading a newspaper. I noticed his hand having a familiar tattoo on the back of his palm, that's my target.

 

When the passengers went to the second to the last destination, it was just me, the target and the driver. I crossed my arms while clutching my katana with me as the driver drove us to the last destination. The man seems to have felt something is not right is going on and looked around to meet my gaze, I looked at him with a straight face.

 

As the light flickers inside the bus, we're already at the last destination. In the middle of the forest. The light flickers more before it turns off to see my green glowing eyes, making the man felt a chilling fear that creeps on his spine before he stood up from his seat, he starts running towards the door but it was closed shut.

 

He was cowering in fear, just as the infromation they gave me. He turns to the driver and yelled at him, "What are you doing?! Someone's trying to kill me! Help me!" The man shouted at the driver. But he didn't know, the driver is my partner with green eyes and smirking at him.

 

I stood up from my seat, holding my katana as I walk closer to him. "Please! What do you want? You want my money?! I-I'll give you ten times than the person who give you! Just please don't kill me-" He leans against the front of the bus while I walked closer to him.

 

My partner clicked his tongue and chuckles, "We don't need any of it, old man. We have a few questions for you."

 

"W-What?" He's shaken in fear as I stopped in front of him, I glared at him and asked. "Do you know a hunter named Yoo Jeongyeon?" I asked as he panicked and answered. "No, I-I didn't. W-who i-is th--" I quickly unsheathe my blade and put it in his throat, "You can only answer, do not dodge the question or I'll kill you." I threathened before pulling silver necklace with a small vial from my pocket.

 

"Do you know what this is?" I asked again, "T-That's s-serum! A serum for vampires!"

 

My eyes widen and caught his lie before cutting his right hand, blood starts to spill out and splats a little against the windshield of the bus and he screamed in pain. "So you know Yoo Jeongyeon. You lied to me, and that cost your hand." I know very much about the serum for vampires and I was the only one who knew about it up until now... because Jeongyeon made it for her.

 

"The last question will be easy for you and a way out too." My partner added and prompted me to ask the last question, "What do you know about what happened two years ago, in Jeju?" I asked as I looked down at the man.

 

He was weakening but at the same time, he is slowly fainting, "J-Jeju Island... The Park family... t-they were raided by a group of mercenaries, upon learning that J-Jeongyeon betrayed us and u-used RHA's technology to... to..."

 

"To what?"

 

Then he looked at me and smirked grimly, "To kill your goddamn family." Then he raises his small gun and shoot it towards me but I quickly dodged and my instinct gets ahead of me and cut his head, instantly killing him. Blood squirts out of his body and it stained my shirt and the front of the vehicle. "That's not the truth..." I muttered as my green hues disappeared and walked out of the bus, wiping off the blood from my face.

 

My blade was stained by a hunter's blood once again, I could have dealt with him in a peaceful manner, I gripped tightly by the handle of my blade before wiping off the blood from it. My partner ran to me, complaining. "Geez! You could have been more of a pacifist, Sooyoung!" He grumbled and the blood off of his hand, I glared at him and scoffed.

 

"He won't tell the truth when I'm ing nice," I told him coldly and sighed, "I'm sorry I ruined your dinner." I rolled my eyes and starts walking to the side of the road where my motorcycle is hidden beside the tree.

 

"Hey, Uncle Seojun will get us in trouble once he knew we killed another hunter affiliated with them!" He told me before I pulled the cloth off of my ride, "Quit crying, Hyungsik and hide the body somewhere. Make sure this doesn't make it to the news." I ride my bike and starts the engine. "Tell my dad, I'll be visiting him tomorrow." Then I start driving back to the apartment.

 

The apartment isn't far from here and it has been a long night. I only agreed to be with them because of one thing, the whereabouts of my old friend. I could have never imagine what really had happened that night in Jeju, I was too late when things were in ruins already...

 

Once I get to the apartment, I parked my bike to the side before walking inside. Once I got to the elevator, pressed the floor where I'm living now and get my phone to check on what's new today. I've heard news about the recent murders around Seoul, probably rogue vampires, and the director haven't given me an individual task for it which makes me upset more. He always paired me up with the strong people like Seulgi or Irene, sometimes it'd be Wendy or... Yerim.

 

After the elevator took me up to the floor, I walked to the long hallway before entering inside. As I enter, I saw Irene sitting in the middle of the couch, waiting for me.

 

"You're late for dinner again." She greeted me in a serious look.

 

I scoffed and drops down my bag on the other couch and my blade, "I already told you I won't eat dinner here." I told Irene but she won't budge from the couch as her eyes trails wherever I move. It irritates me, seeing how cold her gaze as mine.

 

"I don't think you eat dinner out, you went on hunting." She answered and this gave me a small snap as I clicked my tongue, "And what's in it for you? You stop minding my own business, Irene."

 

Irene sighed and drops her arms, "Listen, Sooyoung, we're a team here. You could have told us where you are and what you're doing." Now she thinks I'm one of them. "It's confidential. A family matter. This has nothing to do with you and them..." Then my eyes gets a hint of green glistening in anger, "So stay out of it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter