14: Boom

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A few hours ago...

 

Yeri and Joy came into their destination and starts searching the area, the place seems to be recently isolated as all of the important objects were moved by the enemies. The taller vampire pushed her earpiece as she updated her teammates, "We're in the destination, Irene. This place had been swept out already." She told the leader as she looked around the porch.

 

"I put a tracker on one of the informants a few days ago and that's where they are hiding." Irene replied, then she turns her head to Yeri who had been looking through the windows. It has been blocked from the inside, "Yeri, go check the backyard, I'll go inside." She instructed and the younger half-blood nodded and starts walking to the backyard.

 

Joy then checks the door, twists the knob and it was locked. She hummed silently, "Typical." She muttered before she kicks the door open. As the light had shown, she sees a body in an instant, she runs towards it and checked his pulse. "Dead." Then she sees the tracker that Irene put on the guy's clothing, she called Irene again. "Irene, the guy you put a tracker on..." She stood up and still looking down at the dead man, "He's dead, the others must have noticed it and killed him on the spot." She explained before looking around the house.

 

"What? That can't be right, how did they noticed my tracker that small?" Irene asked through the line, then she heard a grumble. "Maybe someone has sharp eyes to get rid of the informant that quick." Joy guessed, "He's no use now, you should check around the house. Maybe they have files that can be useful in our investigation." Their leader suggested and the taller half-blood nodded, "On it."

 

Yeri looked through the backyard and sees that the ground has been full of scrapes and she kneels on one knee to inspect the gashes on the ground, "They quickly moved their things somewhere... Like they're in a hurry." She muttered before she traces the scraped lines with her fingers and sees that there are more of those not far from where she is.

 

She could see a little gap on the ground and walked closer to it, she placed her palm on the ground and felt that there is a gap in between of two pavements. Yeri smiled and uttered, "Bingo." Then she slid her fingers through the gap, a trap door. She opens it and sees a ladder leading to a secret room, the young half-blood looked at the house thinking if she could inform Joy about it.

 

But then she thought that the older woman would get a bit selfish and aggressive once she sees something odd, Joy prefers to work alone and they get that. She always wanted to lead an investigation alone, she could only sighed and shakes her head, "I think it'd be best to inform her after I finished looking here." She whispered before she gets down the ladder. It's not deep, rather fifthteen steps before she touched another ground.

 

The room is dark and Yeri looked for some switch to turn the lights on.

 

She sees some papers and pictures on the table, red strings attached to every pins and sees the whole map of South Korea. Every pin is marked at the locations to where the enemy's locations, "Seoul, Busan, Ulsan, Daejeon..." She points her finger on each pin she mentioned until she sees another pin that marked on, "Daegu..." Irene's hometown and, "Jeju..." Where Joy's family are.

 

Then Yeri looked over to the other table where there are papers stacked together, "This is..." She looked at one of the papers and seemed surprised at what she discovered. The files must have been photocopied, they are black and white, "These papers are from BBS, all the security countermeasures..." Then she took another copy and reads it, "...and patrol routes."

 

"A spy inside BBS..." Yeri muttered and put the papers down before looking over to the pictures that were pinned in a bulletin board, the pictures consist of the pictures of Catharine (who pretended to be Seohyun for the public to know), Director Oh, Jimin, and her. All of them were taken pictures candidly.

 

"Who took all of these?" She asked before reading another paper from the board, four of them are the priority target. But why?

 

Suddenly the world slowed down, it means Yeri sensed something bad. All of her instincts are all over her, then she hears a beeping sound. She could only take a few seconds to get all the evidences they need, she get all of it inside her pockets and starts calling out her partner. "Joy!" She called her out before climbing up the ladder back to the surface.

 

The beeping still continued to ring over her ears as she starts rushing inside the house, she almost stumble when she sees a dead body of the informant they were about to follow. "Joy! Let's get out of here!" She shouted before hearing a loud thud from the upper floor, they got her! The young half-blood rushed upstairs to see the older half-blood fighting a black cloaked assassin, Joy tackled the assassin on its shoulder before Yeri interfered and throws the assassin off the window.

 

Glass shattered as the cloaked assassin was thrown off the win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter