Yerim's Savior

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shines into the covers of Joohyun and Yerim's room, an indication that another day is bound to start. The brunette reached for her phone on the bedside table, a subtle smile present on her face upon reading a message from Seungwan. 

[6:20 AM Monday:] Son Seungwan: Good morning Joohyun, I hope you and Yerim slept well. 

"She's really the sweetest." Joohyun's soft voice was heard as she glanced over her daughter who's still hugging a stuff toy. Hands went to run over her daughter's soft and silky hair. "Yerim baby, it's time for you to take a bath." the way her soft voice was heard is enough for the kid to shift her position and wrap her arms around her mom.

"Mama, Yerim is still sleepy." it's enough for Joohyun to understand. Surrendering to her kid's words, the mother just land a soft peck on her forehead before standing up from their bed. Her hands went to reach her phone and started it a message for Seungwan.

[6:25 AM Monday:] Bae Joohyun: Good morning Wannie, thank you again for last night. I hope you slept well too.

Joohyun's smile halted upon seeing a tall figure staring at her inside the kitchen. "Good morning Joohyun eonnie, how's your date with the cutest pastry chef in town?" she can only roll her eyes before she opened the refrigerator. A loud chuckle was heard from the university student. "I wonder what did Seungwan eonnie whispered into your ears last night" the brunette can only glare over her own cousin while she's holding a piece of apple. Her hands were reaching for the biscuits and bread as well. "I won't be able to date anyone my eonnie?" Joy laughs as she runs away from Joohyun who is now chasing her.

"I'm not dating Seungwan! What are you talking about?!" Joohyun made herself busy with slicing some of the apple as she waits for the bread to be done from the toaster. "Don't you dare give Yerim some false hope Sooyoung-ah, I swear to the heavens above." the younger lady can only grin as she keeps on giving her cousin a teasing smile. That same smile that Yeri gave Joohyun and Seungwan. "Give Yerim a bath Sooyoung-ah, I'll prepare our breakfast." just when Joohyun was just about to start cooking, a knock was heard from the front door.

Sooyoung started walking into the front door and giggles upon seeing a short haired blonde through the screen. "Not dating my , Joohyun eonnie." the tall lady then reached for the door's lock and  opened it for the visitor at this early hour. "Good morning Seungwan eonnie!" Sooyoung greeted the intruder at this early morning. The brunette immediately went out of the kitchen while holding a piece of apple.

"Oh, Seungwan-ah." the blonde smiles before raising the plastic bag that she's holding. Sooyoung then made way for Seungwan to get inside the house.

"I made breakfast before heading to the cafe." the brunette smiles as she let the blonde sit on the chair. Her eyes went to the frame of the bedroom door, and there she saw her daughter with a messy hair. "Good morning our Yerimie." the obvious smile in the kid's face is present as she runs towards the pastry chef.

"Good morning eonnie." the kid gave Seungwan a hug before asking the lady to carry her. Seungwan then placed the foods that she bought on the table before carrying Yerim. "Where did you and mama went last night? Why you didn't tagged me along?" her eyes then went to meet Joohyun's who is now busy fixing and setting up the table. Her face is brighter than how she woke up and her beauty is really so breath taking even she just woke up a few minutes ago.

"We just went to talk about something Yerimie." Seungwan's hand went to fix the kid's messy hair with a smile on her face. "We didn't tagged you along, because you need to sleep and prepare for you class." Joohyun can only smile upon seeing the sight. Yerim was pouting her lips and Seungwan staring at her with happiness through her eyes. To be honest, there are lots of guys who tried to win Joohyun's heart but can't even pass into Yerim's standards.

But, Seungwan is a different case, the kid loves Seungwan,  and Seungwan loves the kid with her all of her heart. Every guy who tried to take Joohyun out will always find it weird that she already have a daughter. That is why Joohyun stopped trying to get out on a date. "And it's time for us to eat." Joohyun's voice was heard inside the dining area. The kid happily nods her head before hugging Seungwan tighter. "You prepared a lot." she was now smiling as she let the pastry chef sit on one of the chair beside Yerim who's now eyeing the french toast. "Thank you Seungwan-ah." the blonde can only smile as she let Yerim have a piece of french toast.

"You both need a heavy breakfast since you will be working today, and Yerimie will do well in school today right?" Joohyun can't help to smile as she heard what the lady just said, her eyes were glued over her as she took a bite from the french toast that she's holding. There's no questions needed. Joohyun is really sure on how genuine Seungwan is as a person. "Mind if I can drop you to work today?" all of the attention went to Sooyoung who just started coughing. Yerim even gave her aunt a glass of water while her eyes were filled with concern towards her aunt who's now grinning over the two ladies. "A...Ahhh I also want to drop Yerimie to school today." upon hearing those from the pastry chef, the kid giggles and even clasps her hand as she stares over her mom, probably waiting for her answer with full of anticipation.

"Do you want Seungwan eonnie to drop us today?" Yerim immediately nodded her head, Joohyun's eyes went to meet Seungwan and that's enough for them to get the message. Smiling, Seungwan finishes her sandwich as she continues to stare over Joohyun.

"Eonnie, you two should take your shower now. I'll clean up." Sooyoung said after she stood up from her seat. Joohyun and Yerim also stood up leaving both Seungwan and Sooyoung alone inside the dining area. "Can I ask you a question?" the blonde's eyes went over the tall figure who's now busy cleaning up the table. Seungwan responded with a nod. "I heard from Seulgi that you just got from a troublesome relationship a year ago. I'm just asking for the sake of my cousin's heart, what are your intentions towards them and Yerim?" Sooyoung is a kind girl, but she wants the best for her cousin and of course Yerim. Yes she badly wants Joohyun to date as much as Yerim wanted it too, but now she's kinda anxious about the possible outcome, of letting a broken hearted girl into their lives.

Sooyoung knows Joohyun well than how the others knows her. They've been together since they were kids. They grew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter