Chapter 2

Quadrilateral love...

Recess time. Katya does not fell like eating anything.

"Charleen, I'm going to the rooftop."

"Okay. But aren't you're going to be hungry?"

"No. I don't think I can digest anything today."

"Okay. See you at class."

Katya opens the door. Sunlight shines brightly outside. She slowly walks towards a spot that easily being overlook by anyone. She usually sleeps here during break time. Katya rests her back against the cold wall and begins closing her eyes. She wants to go to sleep. She wants to forget about her result. She wants to forget about everything. But when she just wants to enter her sleep, she heard the door being open and footsteps walking towards her hiding spot. But suddenly, they stop. Not so close until they can see her but close enough that she can hear what they’re talking about.

 

“There’s no one here. You can speak now.”

“Melissa, I know this might be awkward but this is the truth that I always want to tell you. I…. I lov…. I love….”

“What is it? Spill it out.”

“I love you, Melissa!!!!!!”

OMG! Am I just listen to someone’s confession? muttered Song-hyun in her heart.

“What? You love me? Since when?”

“Since the first year. I still remember during the opening ceremony. You were walking then a smaller student bumped into you. You didn’t go mad at her. You even helped her get up again.”

“Oh… that one. I remember that now.” (actually she didn’t remember about it at all)

“Ever since that day, I started to like you and then the feeling turns to love. So, will you become my girlfriend?”

“Do you really love me?”

“Yes, with all my heart.”

“Then, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“Really?! (hugs Melissa) I promise you that I’ll make you happy every second you with me.”

“That’s… acceptable.”

Katya rises from her place quietly so she don’t disturb the couple but suddenly, she sneezes. Liam let Melissa go and both of them look at her.

“I wasn’t listening to anything. I don’t her a thing. I’ll be going.”

Katya quickly walks from there, leaving them.

“Do you know her?”

“Her? I think she’s from my class. I’ll be going first. Thanks for becoming my girlfriend.”

Liam starts his pace but Melissa stops him.

“Liam, I would like this thing, about us being a couple keeps a secret. Can you do that?”

“Of course. Anything for you.”

“Thank you.”