CHAPTER 57

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313133383731303731372f696d616765732f313661643537346135343836666231303937313530323235303038352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

[THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PRESS CONFERENCE]

Jeongyeon carefully goes through her things for the last time tonight. You could say she's just being her usual self but deep down inside she's just checking everything in fear she might forget something.

The girl chuckles. She knows no matter how many times she checks everything she's not gonna find that one thing she wants to bring along or rather that one person she wants to take with her.

She's not gonna have Nayeon on this trip.

*DOOR OPENS*

CY : "What's happening? Are you running away?!?!?!"

JY : "Hahaha you sounded like I'm your daughter or something."

DH, TY : "Ehhhh?"

JY : "Ohh what brings everyone here?" She said standing up.

CY : "Well, Mina unnie and the rest of the girls thought of inviting Nayeon unnie out, maybe get some fresh air. So we thought we keep you company."

TY : "Though we all know Nayeon unnie would probably decline the offer."

DH : "Enough of us, what are you doing? Where are you going?"

JY : "I thought your girlfriends told you guys. "

DH : "No one mentioned anything to us."

JY : "Haha well, after the press conference tomorrow I'll be going out of the country."

TY : "Everyone knew except us? "

JY : "Hmm if it makes you feel any better Nayeon doesn't know either."

CY : "But why suddenly? Are you giving up on unnie?"

Jeongyeon looks at the three younger girls and though nobody said it before she knew that these three have always looked up to her

Jeongyeon looks at the three younger girls and though nobody said it before she knew that these three have always looked up to her. But secretly she hopes none of them mess up as she did. Softly she smiles.

JY : "I don't think there will come a day that I would just run and hide from Nayeon. If ever I did give up on her, I wanna face her. I'm only taking a short break. I just thought there's things I should answer on my own. It's not gonna be that long, once Nayeon is ready to talk I'll be back. Besides I already overstayed here, I've taken so much of Chayeoung and Mina's time."

CY : "Ani, we don't mind."

JY : "Gwenchana."

DH : "You should've just told her you didn't kiss Bona-ssi."

JY : "I did, I tried so much but she wouldn't listen."

TY : "Where are you heading though?"

CY : "Switzerland???"

JY : "Ani, I don't want to go that far. I'm heading to Tsushima."

DH : "Tsushima? Where on earth is that????"

JY : "Hahaha it's at Japan."

DH : "I never heard of it until now."

JY : That's the point. I'm going to a place in the middle of nowhere. Maybe if I get lost I can find the answers to my question."

TY : "Wait, wait. What if we can answer your questions?"

JY : "Hahaha I appreciate the thought but I don't think Dahyun and Chayeoung will give me a proper answer."

DH : "Ehhhhhh don't underestimate us."

CY : "Then, why don't you go ahead and ask us?" She seriously said.

JY : "Arraso, do you think we rushed into this?"

Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu looked at her.

JY : "Haha see what I mean?" She said going back to packing.

CY : "Y-you did." She stutter.

Jeongyeon slowly turns to them again.

CY : "I always thought you never thought about this before jumping into it. I always thought that the two of you could've made a better plan than just showing up one day as fiancés. That's what I thought, it could be because I felt jealous of how fast things happened for you and unnie. But in fact, if I wanted to do it, if the three of us wanted to do it, we could've married our girlfriends way before you do. The different thing about you and us is how you and unnie wanted this. While we were still thinking about what we want next, you and unnie already know what you want for the future. Safe to say that before any of us pick what we wanted, you've already made up your mind."

DH : "Maja, while others wait, you went and grabbed it because you were sure this is all you wanted. That Nayeon unnie is the only thing you want forever."

TY : "So, yes, you rushed into this but it was the right thing to do. When you're sure when there's no doubt whatsoever in your heart then everything you do is the right thing. You did the right thing."

Jeongyeon looked at the three of them, slowly she breaks into a smile. She didn't really expect to hear this kind of thing from them, if she's, to be honest, she's expecting to hear this from Mina or Jihyo but here these three proving her wrong. She thought she don't have to worry about them messing up as she did, it felt like these three know better than she ever did.

JY : "Thank you, who would've known you'll be the one saying that? Haha but even with that perfect answer, I'm still going."

DH : "Waeyo?"

JY : "I bought my ticket and I don't think it'll be that long anyway. If any case you miss me, visit me. One thing is for sure, I'll be back. Help me finish up then let's go eat outside, my treat."

The day after the exhausting press conference they held, Mina drove Jeongyeon to the airport.

The day after the exhausting press conference they held, Mina drove Jeongyeon to the airport

MN : "Make sure you don't get in trouble, you're already in enough trouble."

JY : "I'll try my best."

 MN : "And call us, anytime you feel like it. We'll still try to talk to your wife, so you better make sure you come back soon."

JY : "I will."

MN : "Remember what I taught you. If you don't understand them give me a call."

Jeongyeon just laughs at the Japanese.

MN : "Why are you laughing? I didn't say anything funny at all."

JY : "I just realized you've been treating me like a kid since you were hired as my manager, haha. No offense, I didn't mean it in a bad way. It just felt like I'm being send-off by my mom."

MN : "Well, you're too old to be my own. I'm only saying this once, you're kind Jeong. You're a really nice person that's why I never get surprised whenever your fans multiply. I mean a lot of people have fallen in love with you because of that. But you're too nice, you can't even say no most of the time and that's when I come in. You better get going, I don't want to hold you up."

JY : "Arraso, I'll make sure not to call you. Just think about this as a vacation."

MN : "I wish I could but you know I still have another kid to take care of." She said hugging the taller girl. "Make sure you have at least a good time. I know unnie wouldn't be there but this is about you, just try to clear that big head of yours."

Jeongyeon hugs Mina tighter "Thanks for the compliment, haha." She sarcastically said. "I'll try my best, I'll see you soon." She said letting go.

Mina waved goodbye to her.

[TSUSHIMA]

Maybe running away is really the right word to it. But who or what is she running away from? Jeongyeon ponders about it, her mind has been in shambles since that day and everything doesn't really make any sense. She's sure she's not running away from Nayeon or the issue she still has to address to her.

When Jeongyeon got out of the airport, the first thing she notice was this fresh and warm air that just went through her lungs, as if they're getting cleanse

When Jeongyeon got out of the airport, the first thing she notice was this fresh and warm air that just went through her lungs, as if they're getting cleanse. She hailed a taxi and got to this hostel she found online. There are no expectations whatsoever with this trip.

The first thing she did after settling her things in her room was to get out and walk around. It doesn't matter where she's heading, what time is it. She could get lost for all she cares, she just felt like walking around. One thing about the place was there's not a single person who recognizes her. Nobody's calling her name or following her around. You could say after a long time Jeongyeon has finally feel how to be ordinary again.

And the sunset in Tsushima is something else, it felt so close she thought she could hold it. So, she followed it until she run out of land and got to the seashore, she sat by the thin grains of sand, feeling it against her barefoot. Here she can only reach out to the sun, this is the closest she could go. Just like how things are between her and her wife now.

Jeongyeon can only reach Nayeon from afar.

The girl takes a deep breath one after the other, slowly she feels everything inside her crumbling down. This is the first time she felt helpless.

How long has she kept a happy face?

How long did she hold a smile?

How long did she have to pretend everything will be okay?

Jeongyeon can't remember the last time she cried and the last time she actually felt this pain

Jeongyeon can't remember the last time she cried and the last time she actually felt this pain. All she did was suppressed everything she feels because she had to be strong and don't let anyone see her breaking. But she remembers the time she got asked how did things end with this.

She remembers the smile she have to put on her face, the lies her lips have to say and the pain she tried hard to numb.

Out of nowhere the girl started crying, not the kind with silent sobs and held back tears. It's the kind of crying when you scrape your knees. The kind where you just burst out of the pain. The hopeless kind. She's been holding it way too much she saved up tears that could fill the sea. This is when Jeongyeon realized every single thing Nayeon and her did wrong. How they rushed into things and did everything without a pause.

Jeongyeon realized that both of them wrote their own ending.

She goes back to the night Nayeon asks her to leave. She thought if she stayed would she be back home with her wife right now? If she stayed would tears even be shed? Or would hearts stop from breaking? She knew the answer to it, she knows staying wouldn't have made that night better. They have things they simply ignored and this is the consequence of it.

But Jeongyeon still wished Nayeon has stopped her that night. Then again, Nayeon secretly hoped Jeongyeon came back.

She spend the whole afternoon sitting in that sand, she cried her heart out until there's nothing to shed. And Jeongyeon did the same thing for the next few days. She started living an ordinary life, spending her mornings inside her room, her afternoon walking around and before the sunset, she'll sit next to the sea. Then she spends the rest of the night rerunning what happened and thinking of what could've they do to make it better.

And the time just went by, her hair grew a little longer and she doesn't really wear any glasses since most of the time she ends up crying.

"Are you hiding from your wife?" She asks herself.

The wind starts pouncing on her, the night is almost here, another day where she just laid in the sand thinking of her estranged wife. Another day she rather forget. She thought she got almost everything she wanted. She has the simple life she wished for but it doesn't feel like how she thought it will.

*YAWNS*

The taller girl got up and started making her way back.

"Pathetic, you know why it doesn't feel like anything special. You know what you're missing." She said to herself. "Nothing feels special because your wife is not here, everything doesn't make sense without Nayeon, pabo." She chuckles.

She was right, the plans she made and the wishes she hoped have Nayeon as its foundation

She was right, the plans she made and the wishes she hoped have Nayeon as its foundation. Everything just doesn't make any sense without her wife. Jeongyeon realized it wouldn't have mattered where they are, green fields with big mountains or an island surrounded by the sea. It wouldn't matter as long she have Nayeon with her. 

But she knows it's a little too late, the world is ending.

---

(A/N) Dun-dun-dun! Haha one last update and it's the end. Please don't expect that much from it, I don't know if it'll be good enough for you guys but at least for me, it was. We'll see if it'll be angst or not (I'm not disclosing it to keep the excitement.) I hope everyone is having a good day! Stay safe and healthy! See you in 2 days 😉😉😉😉