CHAPTER 24

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036393036373735342f696d616765732f313638363066656133626265306631613830333333353730373238392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

With everything that happened Nayeon wasn't sure which one she has forgotten. It's like something important that day happened.

"I didn't say I love her, didn't I?" She asks herself in the mirror.

No matter how hard she pushes herself, nothing is coming back. She did kiss her, she remembers that clearly. Jeongyeon did say nothing happened between them while she was drunk but it's been days and it's still bothering her in a way.

"Think Nayeon, think." She tells herself.

SN : "Unnie, the director wants to do a final run-through then we could leave."

She hears Sana right out of her door. She quickly got up and went back to work, the sun is almost out and Jeongyeon haven't messaged her that much today because she said she was busy with work.

The older girl finished her taping without remembering what she wants to. There were on their way back to the company and Sana keeps on talking but she couldn't hear anything.

SN : "I'm right unnie, am I? If it was someone from your past you shouldn't be comparing them to your present."

NY : "Of course......." Then it finally hits her, out of all the things she'll forget it has to be that one.

NY : "I know this is sudden but can you take me somewhere?"

SN : "Huh? But work is done."

NY : "It's not about work, I have to see Jeongyeon. Can you call Mina and asked where they are?"

SN : "Now? Can't it be tomorrow? Do you have a date with her or something?"

NY : "Ani, it has to be now. It's important, jebal?"

SN : "Arraso, I'm only doing this because you helped me last time."

Nayeon watched as they changed direction, it took them a while to reach this unpaved road that looks like on the foot of a mountain. They parked next to a van,

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

Sana rolls down her window.

SN : "Sorry, she couldn't wait."

MN : "Aniyo it's fine. She's almost finished."

NY : "Thank you."

MN : "Hai, hai."

SN : "I already talked to Mina, they'll gonna give you a ride back."

NY : "Ehhhhh?"

SN : "I have to report back to the office."

NY : "It's just gonna be short. If it did take longer then I'll just grab a taxi."

MN : "I don't think getting a taxi here is a good idea, this is a little excluded area. People know who is filming today, so it'll be bad if the media hear that you are here especially your not part of any shows. Besides, I doubt Jeongyeon would let you go on your own. We'll take you home."

SN : "Gaja, it has to be now, right? Here." She said handing her bag. "Update me from time to time, I'll cover you at work. Just make sure you tell her what this important thing is."

Nayeon slowly gets out of the car.

NY : "Thank you Sana, I'll buy you lunch."

SN : "Hai, hai. Text me!"

NY :

NY : "Arraso." She said waving goodbye to her.

MN : "Unnie, let's wait here in the car." She said opening the door.

Nayeon notices the older guy just right outside the car, she looks at him as Mina closes the door.

MN : "Don't worry about him. Ahjussi's been working for us even before Jeongyeon got popular. He's a friend almost like a father to us and believe it or not that guy has seen a lot of people coming in this car. Never, not even once did he open his mouth."

NY : "Ohhhh." She said softly.

MN : "No, no... Sorry, it came out the wrong way. Jeongyeon has a lot of friends from work and sometimes she invites them here, especially the rookies. She gives them some advice. Sorry if it sounded like she's been seeing a lot of people."

Nayeon chuckles "Gwenchana, It was my fault for making that kind of face."

MN :

MN : "Hmmm but Jeongyeon does look like someone who'll break everyone's heart, haha. So what brought you here unnie?"

NY : "I remember something she was gonna tell me."

MN : "You came all the way here for that?"

NY : "Hmm I didn't want her to think I wasn't interested in what she's gonna say. I've been talking a lot and all she does is listen. That was the only time she actually shared something and I didn't even let her finish."

MN : "That's good, at least your on the same page." She smiles. "Do you like her?"

NY : "Uhmmmmm."

MN : "Haha, mianhae I didn't want to corner you like that but you wouldn't do something like this for someone your not interested right? I mean if it's someone not important, you won't rush all the way here for some simple reason."

NY : "I guess? If it's you then I guess it's fine. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out, Jeongyeon is nice. I just wanted to make sure before I make any move. For now, I like the company. I enjoy every time I'm with her."

MN : "That's for the two of you to figure out. I'm glad you two have good communication. It's hard if you don't understand each other."

NY : "Ehhhh?"

MN : "Haha mianhae."

Nayeon looks at Mina, the Japanese's eyes wander outside the car. She doesn't know why but she can see the sadness in her eyes.

NY : "Are you okay?"

MN : "Ohh mianhae, was I being too obvious?"

NY : "Hmm it's just, most of the time you're quiet but the silence is a bit different lately."

MN : "Since you shared something with me, it's just right for me to share something too..... You probably have an idea, I know Sana can't keep it to herself. It's just things about me and Chaeng that went out of control before we knew it. You would think that we've already talked about everything because we knew each other for almost 3 years but we haven't. It's always been her listening to me and never the other way around. Unlike Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung is still not ready to talk about anything in her past. And it's because I really like her, I love her. I can still remember how we met. It was my first day as Jeongyeon's manager."

Mina chuckles and for a moment she looks happy, there was this glow in her face that Nayeon has never seen before.

"It was like in the movies, I was running late. On top of that, I wasn't familiar with the place, I started looking for signs. I wasn't paying attention to what's in front of me until I bump into something, someone. I look up and there she was, she was in a suit carrying this worn-out messenger bag.

I look up and there she was, she was in a suit carrying this worn-out messenger bag

The embarrassing thing about it was she spilled coffee on herself because of me. But I guess Chaeyoung has always been different. Because instead of complaining the first thing she did was ask if I was okay. She didn't even say anything about her clothes.

I offered to pay for it or at least the coffee but she just smiled at me and told me I don't have to worry about her. That I should keep going since I looked like I was rushing, she was even kind enough to point me to the meeting room. She smiled and I swear to god I thought we could stay like that forever and it wouldn't matter what happens after. But she has things to do and so do I."

Oddly enough Nayeon understands what Mina felt at that moment.

MN : "I went to meet Jeongyeon and in the middle of our meeting someone walks in. It was Chaeyoung, she was in a plain t-shirt. Jeong starts laughing at her and Chaeng just laughs with her because that's just how the two of them are. It was a good minute until she saw me. our boss asked her what happened. She smiles at me and said, "I saw an angel and spilled coffee at myself."

The Japanese giggle.

MN :

MN : "Smooth, right? And I knew right at that moment I was in love. It was love at first sight and I guess It's always been me who liked her first but I didn't know how to say. I have a poor relationship with words and Chaeyoung is just..... She's just perfect that every time I'm with her I get lost. Time passes by and we started hanging out.

It has always been Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, and Me. The three of us until it became Chaeyoung and me.

Then finally the day that I've been waiting for came. She said she likes me too, I was happy, I was ecstatic. But apart from being the one to like her first, I'm also the stupidest of us both. Because instead of saying I do like her. I thought we should give it a little more time. You know, we weren't rushing. I always believe that time was on our side and we're gonna be fine. I still do think it was the right choice but at some point, I started regretting it. She likes me, yes she does. But as time goes by I started to notice how I'm not the person she thinks I am. Sometimes I wonder if I was really that person she thinks of whenever she says those three words. Well, At least we're not stuck together." She smiles.

NY : "You guys should talk."

MN : "I tried. I tried asking her a couple of times but she's still not ready to answer me. I thought I was the one making her wait, haha. But now it feels like I'm the one waiting."

NY : "Do you still want to wait?"

Mina looks at the older girl. She has this hesitation in her eyes like she wanted to say no but you can say what she really wants just by the looks in her face.

MN : "I mean how do you even quit? How do you just say you're done? How do you stop and leave everything behind?"

And that hits Nayeon differently. It's like the same question she has for Jeongyeon. "How do you fall out of love?"

NY : "Hmmm." She ponders. "If you really love someone, you'll never get a reason to stop. You just keep going and hope it gets better. Love is really not perfect and to be honest with you, there are way lot more difficulties than favorable things about it. But I guess that's what makes it worth it. So, if you still love her and if you still think there's still a chance, maybe give her a last chance? Maybe this time she'll be the one to come to you, maybe this time you won't have to ask."

And the words just came out like they weren't from her lips. Even Nayeon was surprised to hear herself.

NY : "Mianhae, it's.... It's just a piece of advice from your unnie."

Mina laughs at her awkwardness. "For a sec I thought I was talking to Jeongyeon, you sounded just like her. I wonder if it's because you've been hanging out with her a lot lately or is it simply because you two are just like each other?"

NY : "I'm sure it's the first one. I doubt it's the second one, that girl is way different than I am."

MN : "Hahaha you never know. But whatever it is, I'm glad I have both of you. I do appreciate Sana and Momo but most of the time they act like we're all the same age. Haha you know, if I'm happy they're happy, and if I cry they cry."

NY : "Well those two think they're younger than you. Haha but no matter what happens you'll always have us as your friends."

MN : "That's if Jeongyeon doesn't screw up."

NY : "Ehhhhh?"

MN : "Whatever happens don't ever let Jeongyeon say you look like someone, sound like someone. If she ever did kick her in the balls!"

NY : "Wait. Haha, Jeongyeon doesn't have a ball."

MN :

MN : "Ohhh maja. Kick whatever is down there! Don't let her say things like that because it'll just lose your confidence. If you can't kick her, I'll do it for you. Just say the word and I'll handle Yoo Jeongyeon."

"I get out of work and the first thing I hear is you threaten to kick my . Who are you even talking to Mina-ssi?"

*DOOR OPENS*

---