doubts

Leads to you

 

 

______________

 

Sana groaned, she sighed softly feeling her back like a bulldozer crushed her back. She attempted to force her eyes open, adjusting the sunlight that penetrated in. The next second, she could feel terrible headache and dizziness growing.

 

Right… I was drunk.

 

The girl circled her gaze around after she had regain her sight. , this isn't her room. As if the day could get any worse, she found Mark who was also sleeping beside her, half . Realizing the mess that she's in, she immediately looked under the covers and she thanked heaven for still wearing her full clothes.

 

".." She hissed. She closed her eyes trying to remember what might have happened when she was drunk. However, the more she tried to remember it, the more her head seemed to explode.

 

"You're up." Mark now turned to look at her, he groaned slightly and smiled at the girl, "What?" He asked seeing Sana's confused expression,

 

"What happened?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

“, Mark! How can I be here, and where are my friends!? ”The answer is now a little annoyed,

 

"Hey, you told them to go home because you were too busy sleeping in my bed."

 

“What !? Why did you let that happen? ! I need to get going, "

 

"Where are you going!?" Mark now got up and approached Sana, who was now trying to find her leftover belongings,

 

"Home."

 

"Okay, you're leaving after trying to kiss me all night!?"

 

This time Sana turned around, her eyes widened to hear that. "I DID !?"

 

"Yes! You practically ate my mouth out! "

 

“You're lying!”

 

"Ask your friends, then!"

 

______________

 

“What the , Momo !? You left me! "

 

The black-haired girl was now staring at her best friend who suddenly broke open her bedroom door with embarrassment, "I did not!"

 

"I've pulled you back and you pushed me to go home, Sana! You forgot!? ”

 

“You're lying!”

 

"I am not!"

 

“And you were making out with Mark for hours! Do you remember!? ”

 

"So, he's not lying!?"

 

"Of course not!"

 

“But there's one thing tho. You kept calling Dahyun while you were kissing him. ”Momo's tone softened now, she was trying to calm her friend who was now looking panicked. The look is still messy, thanks for the party last night.

 

Sana who sat in her friend's bed now could only cup her face board with two palms, "..."

 

“Hey, that's okay. You were drunk. "Said her best friend while patting her back lightly,

 

“How can you say that? I cheated on her, Momo. "

 

"What? No, you did not! "

 

"You're drunk, Sana. You can't even remember. You called Dahyun and not Mark. We can assume that you see him as Dahyun, right? ”

 

Her best friend's answer didn't make her feel any better. She still felt like she had betrayed her girlfriend somehow. Sana felt really, really bad.

 

What if Dahyun finds out? What if the girl thinks that she has cheated on her?

 

Will Dahyun leave her?

 

Without realizing it, now tears have fallen freely on both her cheeks. She felt like trash. How can she make out with other people when she is someone's girlfriend? A person who lives thousands of miles away and whom she loves and cherishes very much. The last thing she doesn't want to do is to hurt her girlfriend. Hurting Dahyun. S

 

"Don't cry, Sana."

 

"Please, don't tell her." Asked Sana, staring at her best friend. The look on her face is describing pain and regrets,

 

"Of course.."

 

"Thank you," she said while hugging Momo tightly and again sobbing softly,

 

“Okay, that's enough. Stop crying, Minatozaki. "

 

“Have you even contacted her?” This time, Momo managed to get her best friend to release her hug and wipe the tears with quick movements.

 

"!"

 

"Call her, now." Momo this time put on a flat face.

 

She sometimes forgets how stupid Sana Minatozaki is.

 

______________

 

"Uhm .. Dahyun?"

 

Momo joined her eyebrows. Occasionally shaking her head slowly seeing her best friend's habits. The girl didn't even notice that she was walking around her room with the cell phone touching her cheek, tucked to her ear. Momo had to grin slyly at that. She had never seen her best friend like this in her life. She never found Sana who kept smiling crazy just by reading a message on her cellphone, she never found the jovial Sana turned into a compound stone in the morning just because her lover did not return voice calls the night before.

 

And most importantly, she never found Sana sobbing loudly every night just because she missed someone so much. It sounds impossible for a Minatozaki Sana to feel that much for someone else.

 

You really love her, Huh, Minatozaki?

 

"Gosh, thank you for answering my call."

 

"Sorry I didn't answer your calls and messages last night. I was a little drunk, Dahyun-ah... "

 

"Ah... Are you busy?"

 

"Ah, I'm sorry..."

 

Momo put on a face full of questions,

 

"Dahyun..."

 

"I miss you.."

 

“Can we make another voice call after you finish your shift?…” Now her friend's tone seemed to be pleading. Momo could catch the water that was now pouring in her best friend's eyes, she seemed to want to cry again.

 

"Alright..." Sana hung up and looked at her again. This time the tears successfully fell on her face. Momo did not spend her time standing still and walking over. She hugged her best friend tightly. Damn, Sana really loves her girlfriend. Momo didn't know if this was a good question or vice versa.

 

“Hey, that's okay. Maybe she got a lot of work, Sana. "She said trying to comfort her friend who is now sobbing,

 

"I miss her so much, Momo."

 

____________

 

Dahyun, call me. I miss you so much.

 

The girl was unconsciously tightening her grip on her cellphone. Her eyes closed and exhaled roughly. She could feel a sudden headache coming. And every time she tried to erase the wound, she would only end up failing. Dahyun could not forget the strange man's deep voice saying that Sana was his girlfriend. Receiving lots of messages from her girlfriend doesn't make things feel better. Dahyun has spent five days without a smile on her face. She found herself staring at the ceiling for several hours before falling asleep. She missed that figure dearly. She missed how warm Sana's body was in her arms, she missed the scent of her lover which made her dizzy. She missed everything about Sana. However, she just wasn't ready to face her again. To hear that voice again, she couldn't, yet. Dahyun felt that she had to settle whatever was in her head first. That's why she didn't want to contact her girlfriend, afraid that she would say something she never wanted to get out of, especially if it hurt Sana.

 

She felt bad, for ignoring all the voice calls and messages that Sana sent. However, she knew that things would be even messier if she forced herself to do so. It's not that she doesn't want to ask about the stranger's statement, she's just not ready. Dahyun had plenty of time to let her mind run around and because of that she doubted herself even more. She became increasingly restless when trying to compare herself with other people there who might be more suitable to be Sana's lover. God knows that she was very, very confident before. But not now. She would close her eyes with tears streaming down every night. Thinking that she was not enough and could never be enough for Sana. Thinking that she is not someone special. She was not rich, not from a wealthy family, even to visit her girlfriend she had to work extra for it. The fact that she couldn't give Sana anything valuable made her feel even worse. Her self-doubt will peak whenever she remembers that she is not someone who really matters.

 

Or at least that's what she thought.

 

"Until when are you going to ignore her messages, Dahyun?"

 

Chaeyoung put the coffee cup on the table. They were in the cafe where Dahyun worked. The red-haired girl simply couldn't ignore the fact that her best friend had turned into a very quiet person recently. And it really worries her every time Dahyun says that she doesn't have confidence. That she didn't feel enough about herself. Finding that figure who was shedding tears while trying to hold her own body tightly hurt her. Yes, Dahyun told her everything. What she heard that night and what had been bothering her later. Chaeyoung had told her that maybe it was just a misunderstanding and it would be better for her to ask her Japanese girlfriend about it. However, Dahyun is still Dahyun. She prefers to bottled up her feelings. She said that she had to finish whatever was on her mind before she was ready to talk to her girlfriend again. Chaeyoung doesn't want to be someone who is pushy, so she can only hope that her best friend will soon make another call to Sana.

 

"Can we stop with this topic?"

 

"You're only hurting yourself, Dahyun-ah."

 

"Admit it, you miss her."

 

I know.

 

"You've already bought the ticket, your flight is in a week and you haven't told her?" This time, Chaeyoung couldn't help but feel irritated. She really don't like her friend's stubborn side.

 

"I can cancel it."

 

"Yeah! are you crazy!? You worked your off buying that ticket and you intend to cancel!? Everyone wants to spend the Christmas holidays there, Dahyun-ah! ”

 

"You heard me."

 

“YAH!” Chaeyoung got up from her seat in a shrill voice, making the customers around them turn around at them.

 

Dahyun who felt a little embarrassed could only throw an apologetic look at the customers who might feel discomfort because of them.

 

"Chaeyoung-ah!" She said, pulling her best friend to sit back down.

 

"You tell her or I'll do it myself, Kim Dahyun." This time her best friend's tone was so cold. No more anger there.

 

"It feels like you're the one who's having this relationship," Dahyun said as she looked away at the cafe window.

 

"Okay. Then I will tell her. ”Chaeyoung crossed her arms across her chest, her answer succeeded in making Dahyun look back at her,

 

"YAH!"

 

“Arraseo, arasseo. I will tell her. "

 

She will never argue with her best friend about this again.

 

______________

 

Dahyun is still playing with her fingers on the phone screen. Not sure if she should tap on the call logo to contact the figure. She took a deep breath and exhaled. She could feel something commotion in her heart and head. It's like screaming that they're not okay to hear each other's voices. Dahyun could feel the tears that were now pooling her lids somehow.

 

She missed that figure too much to hurt her. In the end, she chose to tap the call logo and search for her girlfriend's contact. For the umpteenth time, her fingers were silent before finally the ringing began. She put her cell phone to her ear. "click." she waited for her girlfriend to speak first. There was only a split second in silence before she finally heard the figure sobbing softly. but Dahyun knew that the girl across there was crying. "Sana-chan?" now the sobs were getting louder. Dahyun was unconsciously clutching her cellphone. It hurts so much to hear her girlfriend cries.

 

"Dahyun-ah..." The figure finally made a voice, still accompanied by sobs. "Sana... what's wrong?" She heard her lover sigh,

 

"I miss you... I miss you so much." Her lover's answer sounded very sincere and honest, it hurts her even more.

 

"Did I do something wrong, Dahyun-ah?..."Asked the figure on the other side, making Dahyun's tears successfully streaming down now.

 

“I miss you so much, Dahyun-ah. It hurts... "

 

"I'm sorry." Said Dahyun quickly.

 

"Did I do something wrong?"

 

"Please tell me so I can fix it. Just don't ignore me, Dahyunnie… ”Dahyun could feel her tears becoming. She twisted the fabric of her shirt without realizing it. Repeatedly wiping the tears that fell. Feeling really stupid to ignore her girlfriend these few days. She could clearly hear how the figure had been hurt even more because of her careless actions. She could hear the hurt in every word coming from Sana.

 

This was not the right time for that, she thought to herself. Even though the strange man's voice still haunted her, she just couldn't hurt the figure more by asking and doubting her.

 

“You didn't do anything, Sana. I'm sorry. ”Dahyun replied holding back sobs, while the girl who was a thousand miles away was silent. Her breath seemed to be gasping.

 

Sana must have been crying before I called her. Dahyun thought. And that again destroys her.

 

"I'm just really busy lately..."

 

"And you chose to ignore me? You're never like that even though you're busy. "

 

“I must have done something wrong, right? Tell me, Dahyun-ah... "

 

"No, Sana-chan. You didn't do anything. I just can't manage my time well."

 

"I miss you so much…”

 

Dahyun pulled the corners of her lips to smile. She could still feel the tingling feeling in her heart every time she heard Sana said she missed her.

 

"I miss you, too..."

 

For a moment, silence caught them again. Dahyun took a deep breath to prepare herself.

 

"I'm glad you called." Sana said before she managed to convey her meaning. And it made her smile again. For a moment she forgot all the things that had been on her mind lately.

 

"Sorry this took so long. Forgive me.."

 

“You don't need to apologize, Dahyun. I know you're busy. I'm trying to understand your situation, that's why I'm not pushing too hard on my messages and calls. "

 

"Thanks for understanding, Sana..."

 

"I love you.."

 

Dahyun was silent again. For a moment she hesitated,

 

"You can answer it like you always do, Dahyun-ah."

 

"Alright, me too, Sana."

 

Silence caught them again. This time, neither of them made a sound.

 

"Sana?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"Can you pick me up at the airport on Sunday?"

 

"Hm?..." There was a pause before Sana responded,

 

"This will be our first Christmas. And I got the ticket, Sana. Pick me up?"

 

Dahyun will never be able to see how the girl across from there is now restraining herself from screaming with joy by biting her lower lip.

 

Her heart seemed to explode at any moment.

______________

 

Momo smirked secretly watching how nervous her best friend was now. Even on the way to the airport (along with Jihyo) Sana didn't say a word. Her gaze was only out of the window, but that smile never left her face.

 

But now, all she found was a girl standing in the crowd under an electronic board that said Arrival. Sana will occasionally hold her handbag strap tightly. Still not making a sound. The girl would throw a friendly glance while putting on a nervous and scared face.

 

“Hey, don't be nervous. This is your girlfriend. "

 

"Exactly." The girl replied briefly and did not take her eyes off the arrival door, while only causing her best friend to shake her head slowly,

 

Momo then shifted her gaze. She had narrowed her eyes.

 

"Minatozaki..." Her friend who heard that immediately turner her gaze,

 

There. Sana found a figure who was walking pulling her suitcase. The figure has mid-length dark brown hair wearing an orange sweater and blue jeans with white sneakers. Very simple but also very charming. Her two sharp eyes were also scanning the crowd in front of her.

 

Before Sana found that figure looked back at her. Or rather, her girlfriend. Kim Dahyun. She could see the smile that began to expand clearly on her face. Sana felt the air in her lungs get out as she tried to keep herself sane and calm. But with Dahyun standing there, only a few feet away, she just couldn't take it anymore. Instead, she ran behind the arrival line. The closer she was to that figure, the more she accelerated her steps.

 

Dahyun had to take a step back after feeling her body pushed a little because of her lover's arms. Sana wrapped her arms around Dahyun's neck tightly, burying her face on her shoulders. She took a deep breath. Dahyun was very fragrant, which made her dizzy. It smelled like fruity and something breezy if that made any sense. It smelled just like when they last met. Sana made a mental note that she could never get enough of her lover's soothing scent. She felt her own tears now begin to flow just as Dahyun wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her closer, joining if possible.

 

"I miss you so much, Dahyun-ah..." said Sana amidst her sobs, feeling a little embarrassed because she had cried in front of her own lover. Having bodies pressed against each other, It just feels so real to feel. Dahyun, who heard her girlfriend sobbing, tried to let go of their session, but Sana actually pulled her to remain silent and tightened her hug. "Stay still..." She said. Dahyun pulled the corners of her lips to smile,

 

"Gosh I miss you, Sana-chan..." This time it was her who spoke, causing the girl below her to sob even more.

 

All of this feels so amazing, and if this is a dream Dahyun and Sana hope that heaven will never wake them up.

 

______________

 

Sana could not draw her eyesight from her fingers which are now intertwining with her girlfriend's, feeling how those thumbs occasionally rubbed the back of her hand softly. She will find Dahyun with her gentle gaze when She looks up. Finding those two honey-brown eyes was like saying She was here. With her. close. There are no more distances that separate them.

 

Momo and Jihyo will steal their eyes towards the passenger seat from the rearview mirror. The tall girl was initially quite embarrassed when her talkative friend asked them to drive her to the airport. The ramen was so delicious to leave. But seeing how Sana put on a look on her face that represented hope and longing, she just couldn't resist it. Jihyo waited in the car while Momo accompanied Sana to wait at the arrival hall. She waited for a while before finally catching Dahyun figure that her best friend had been talking about. Walking toward her car with Sana who did not let go of her hand, and Momo, who laughed softly, watched the two lovebirds from behind.

 

“Minatozaki Sana, let Dahyun sleep. She must be tired. ”Jihyo said and then found Sana's eyes looking annoyed at her in the rearview mirror, while Dahyun just laughed softly.

 

"Are you tired, Dahyun-ah?" She asked softly to her lover who now turned to her, "A little."

 

"Then go to sleep, here." Sana said quickly while patting her thighs, suggesting Dahyun sleep on her lap.

 

“Yeah. Smooth, Minatozaki. ”Said Momo who is now sitting in the passenger seat right next to Jihyo. Dahyun again couldn't hold back her laughter. She liked how those two had warmly welcomed her since the airport. She even got a small gift from Momo which included a scarf considering it had reached the middle of winter in America. Everything got better when Jihyo gave her a glass of hot chocolate that she bought from a vending machine in the parking lot. Maybe it's all small things, but Dahyun is very, very grateful for that.

 

"Sana, your friends are here."

 

"So?"

 

"Are you embarrassed?" Asked the girl looking at her in surprise, while Dahyun just smiled. She cupped her girlfriend's face with one hand.

 

"Hey, I'll rest later. Okay? ”She said softly. Sana could not possibly say no to that face who now looked at her as if she was the only thing that matters in this world.

 

"Okay..." She replied with a tinge of embarrassment and chose to return to nuzzled her face into the neck of the younger girl.

 

______________

 

"This is good. I've been wanting to see my spoiled daughter's girlfriend for a long time. ”Mrs. Minatozaki glanced at her daughter slyly,

 

“Mom!” Man, she really didn't like being called spoiled.

 

"Wow? You are a spoiled child. ”The woman replied, this time in Korean.

 

"Do you know, Dahyun? It even took her a long time to pass Korean. It's embarrassing. ”This time the mother scoffed.

 

“Mom! Really!? In front of my own girlfriend !? "

 

That made Dahyun only laugh softly at the conversation between a mother and daughter.

 

She liked how the Minatozaki family welcomed her so well here. Greeted her with the warmest smile. Mrs. Minatozaki's beautiful smile bore almost a hundred percent resemblance to Sana. Mrs. Minatozaki even made her hot chocolate as soon as she put her feet in this mansion. Even though she had received a glass from Jihyo before, Dahyun didn't mind drinking hot chocolate twice. It's very cold after all.

 

California may not get to snow, but it's still freezing. She never knew that the year-end winter in America would be many times deadlier than in Korea.

 

Unfortunately, Mr. Minatozaki is on a business trip outside the city. Sana made a video call and introduced her earlier. Dahyun was again made to laugh because of Mr. Minatozaki's funny response. The middle-aged man greeted her cheerfully while waving at the camera then asked why Dahyun wanted to date his very spoiled and cranky daughter. Sana had already reclaimed her cellphone before Dahyun could answer while grumbling about how annoying her father was.

 

"So, do you like the roasted chicken?"

 

"Ah, this is delicious, Mrs. Minatozaki."

 

"Just call me Mom, Dahyun." Said the woman who managed to make Dahyun looked up to see her with a little surprise,

 

"I like that!" Said Sana as she  grabbed Dahyun's arms quickly with a slightly high-pitched voice,

 

"How about it Dahyun-ah?"

 

The young girl greeted her with a broad smile,

 

"It's delicious, Mom."

 

 

 

It feels like home.

 

______________

 

No matter how much she missed her girlfriend Sana still had to attend her class tomorrow which was the last day of school before the winter break. She didn't want to make a scene in the morning, so the girl chose to prepare her school supplies tonight. After neatly returning her books and uniform, she stepped into her bed and sat next to Dahyun, huddled close, leaning her head on the shoulder of her lover who was currently busy watching news programs on the bedroom television. "I'm cold." She whined,

 

Dahyun's lips formed a smile. She nodded, wrapped her arm around her girlfriend's slim waist. Pulling it closer, with one hand lifting the blanket between them. ”I'll keep you warm. "She said. Making Sana looked up to find her gentle gaze. Dahyun closed her eyes when her girlfriend kissed her.

 

Slowly but surely, their kiss turned more passionate and in a short time, Sana found herself in Dahyun's lap with her arms wrapped around Dahyun's neck, and the girl's hands were now pulling closer to her waist.

 

"I miss you so much." Dahyun whispered into Sana's lips with her short breath, trying to calm down after the most intense and longest kissing session they had ever had in almost half a year of not seeing each other.

 

"I miss you, too." Sana smiled and pushed Dahyun's bangs aside and patted her cheek gently before getting off her lap. "As much as I still want to kiss you, you need rest, Dahyun-ah."

 

Tonight these two are a bit awkward to share a bed together for the first time again. The room was quiet and none of them dared to move, Sana lies on the side of the bed, eyes open and heart beating faster than usual.

 

Not until Sana grabbed Dahyun's hand without turning around.

 

"Are you still up?" Asked Sana.

 

"Yes."

 

Sana turned to the side, towards the girl lying next to her, and shifted closer, not releasing Dahyun's hand in the process.

 

Dahyun turned away when she felt Sana moving closer, smiling at her in the dark.

 

"Sleep," said Sana, curled up and positioned herself to be embraced by her girlfriend. Dahyun didn't take long to pull her closer.

 

"You, too."

 

"Hm." Sana closed her eyes and relaxed, no longer able to fight the exhaustion from a long day.

 

"Thank you for being here, Dahyun." She added last before actually entering her subconscious.

 

Dahyun could only conclude her smile, "Night, Sana-chan" she whispered

 

______________