Fiance

Nab-Cheating-Girlfriend.com (Sequel to Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com)

Meanwhile in the Land of Men, Jaekyung was having a hard time trying to stay optimistic with Yongguk. There wasn't really anyone she could spend time with, besides Madam Jung.

However, Madam Jung had different time slots from her and Jaekyung would find herself alone most of the times. It was something she wasn't used to, since she always had Chunji or f(x) in the past.

Having no one around her made her think about L even more than before and didn't help with the depression. She tried hard to like Yongguk as a friend, but he just didn't make the cut.

Yongguk had begun bringing her around with his own personal friends more often. He showed her off like she was some sort of prize, and his friends would often look at her with lustful eyes and thump Yongguk on the back approvingly.

That day wasn't different from the others. Jaekyung found herself in an awkward position with Bang Yongguk and his friends where she sat at the side and listened to their feminist jokes.

"And you know what that stupid woman told me?" A guy named Lee Joon snorted. "She told me that she was afraid of heights! After I freaking booked the entire restaurant on the top floor."

"Awwwwww..." the few men shook their heads. Jaekyung just sat at the side, listening.

"She should have told you she was afraid of heights." another man called Mir shook his head. "Women, keeping things to themselves."

Seungho nodded. "They think we've some mind reader." he commented. He looked at Lee Joon. "So what happened after that?"

Lee Joon shrugged. "I broke up with her."

"What?" G.O. Raised his brows. "But you were going to marry her. You just broke it off that easily?"

Lee Joon smirked. "I don't need a woman that wastes my money." he shrugged. "Besides, she isn't pretty enough. No one can compare to your personal maid, Yongguk. She's a catch."

Jaekyung bit her lip awkwardly as Yongguk smiled proudly. "I know right. And she's hardworking and brave too. I saw her outside the fourth floor hanging by the walls to clean the windows the other day." he smirked. "Take that Lee Joon hyung."

Mir and Thunder laughed at Lee Joon rolling his eyes. Thunder looked at Jaekyung with interest. "She's really the prettiest I've ever seen, Yongguk. She's really a good catch." he commented. "Who cares if she can't talk. She's a good show off."

Yongguk nodded and slung his arm round Jaekyung, making her shift uncomfortably in her seat. She didn't like how they discussed her as if she was just some sort of object and not a person. She hated how they looked down on women and disregarded their feelings.

*How is it the girl's fault that she's afraid of heights?* Jaekyung thought. *If he didn't ask, she wouldn't know to tell him either. How would she have known that he wanted to take her to some building so high up. And if he was already about to marry her, it's an information I expect him to already be familiar with.*

She gritted her teeth and tolerated as Yongguk laughed along with his friends and treated her like his prize. *When will this life end?* she sighed.

 

 

Apparently it wasn't going to end any time soon.

The next evening, Jaekyung had a shock of her life. She went to the dining hall where the royals were having their dinner. She blinked confusedly, not knowing why Yonggul requested for her presence then when it was past her working shift.

Yongguk smiled and stood up when he saw her approach. "Hey you're here." he gestured for her to go closer. Jaekyung bowed respectfully to the rest of the royals before going over.

Yonggul passed her a box. "Change into this and come back here." he ordered. Jaekyung bowed and retreated to the bathroom. She gasped lightly when she took out a beautiful purple figure hugging dress from inside the box. It was really breath taking, and she couldn't imagine why Yongguk would want her to wear something like that.

*He must have passed me the wrong box.* she folded the dress carefully back into the box and went back to the dining room timidly. Yongguk saw her still wearing the maid uniform and frowned, displeased.

"Didn't I ask you to change?" he asked.

Jaekyung bit her lip and opened the box, showing him the dress. She shook her head at it, and pointed to herself.

One of the princesses gasped when she saw the dress. "OMO Yongguk Oppa! That dress costs a bomb! Why did you give t to a maid? You didn't even give something like that when you were dating Taeyeon unnie in the past."

Yongguk smirked and ignored the comments. He pushed the box to Jaekyung again. "Change into it."

Jaekyung eyes widened. *He really meant for me to wear this?* she gasped. She shook her head again and pointed to her own ragged dress and made a thumbs up to show that she was fine with what she was wearing.

Yongguk frowned at her, displeased with how she didn't accept his gift. "Yah I'm just asking you to-"

A deep voice cut Yongguk's speech. "I think she seems to think she likes the dress she's wearing now better."

Jaekyung looked at the man who spoke, a handsome middle aged man. She smiled and nodded at Yongguk. Yongguk rolled his eyes and took the box, chucking it carelessly on some chair. "Fine."

The man who spoke looked at Jaekyung curiously, his eyes glistening with approval for her behavior. "So, why did you give a maid such an expensive gift all of a sudden, Yongguk?"

Yongguk smirked and grabbed Jaekyung by the waist, killing her nearer. "Because ive decided I want to marry her, Kim Ahjusshi."

Gasps and mutters were heard throughout the room. Jaekyung's jaw dropped and she stared at Yongguk, her eyes wide. "You want to marry the girl?" the man asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I hope you'll agree." Yongguk bowed.

Jaekyung turned to the man who was apparently the king and shook her head. *No please don't agree! No!*

The King looked unfortunately pleased. "I'm glad you look past status and find someone else instead Yongguk. But are you sure you want to marry this lady because of love and not just her beauty?"

Yongguk pressed his lips onto Jaekyung's cheek, making her squirm. "Of course it's love. I never loved anyone more!" he declared.

Jaekyung gulped. This was so wrong.

The king smiled and nodded. "Great. Then I approve whole heartedly." the room dissolved into a loud deafening applause as Jaekyung tried not to collapse on her shaking knees.

This wasn't happening. She didn't even get a say on anything! She didn't want to marry the freaking Yongguk! She loved L!

She glanced at Yongguk who was showing her off proudly and her heart sank. He didn't even love her. He was lying, she could see it.

He was just interested in her because of her looks, and not anything else. He didn't even really know her well, because he never tried to figure her out.

And she most definitely didn't love him back. She loved L for god's sake!

A tear trickled down her cheek as she tried hard to appear happy in front of those rich and royal.

She didn't notice a blonde boy looking at her from the side with a confused expression on his face. *Why doesn't she look happy to be engaged to Prince Yongguk? Any other girl would kill to be in her place.* he thought as he observed her.