Part 2

Behind Those Pretty Smiles

 

 

 

Donghae Oppa still finds time to go up in our favorite place. Sometimes, he goes there with Tiffany Unnie.

 

Of course, Oppa knew what happened during our junior year. I told him that Yuri did those things just to get Kyuhyun. He told me to be strong. But how could I be strong in this kind of situation? Me, being sent to marriage for our company’s sake and Kyuhyun and Yuri still together, getting stronger as time passes by.

 

~

 

Day of wedding…

 

I still went to school in the morning. I went to my usual place, the rooftop. I saw a man sitting at the bench I was always sitting to, with Donghae Oppa.

 

I told to myself.

 

Don’t tell me I’m going to comfort a lonely man again?

 

I went nearer and this time, I became nervous. The man faced me. It’s Cho Kyuhyun.

 

I froze, this is the first time I was alone with him, and the first time I went this near to him.

 

He wiped his tears. This is the same situation with Donghae Oppa but this time, I froze, I was shocked.

 

“Ohh. Take a seat.”

 

I went out of my dreamland and took a seat next to him. My heart is beating abruptly.

 

“You don’t mind me being here. Do you?”

 

I shook my head. He scratched the back of his head.

 

“Well, I was just asking permission. Tiffany Noona said that this is your favorite place to be in. I might be bothering you.”

 

He told me those things, shyly.

 

“No. I don’t really mind. Besides, this is not my property. Just my favorite place.”

 

Finally, I said something. This is the first time me talked.

 

“Do you mind me sharing my problem? Well, I know this is the first time we talked since 5th grade but I think you are trustworthy enough.”

 

I still looked at the scenery.

 

“It’s fine. You can tell me everything.”

 

I replied to him, trying to keep calm.

 

“Well, just tell me if I’m bothering you already.”

 

I nodded. Of course, you won’t bother me at all, silly.

 

“I broke up with Yuri.”

 

I was surprised. I looked at him. A tear feel down from his eye.

 

“Aisssh. Why am I even crying? I’m the one who broke up.”

 

He asked himself. He is like a kid.

 

“Maybe because you loved her?”

 

I told him. Even though it hurts me, telling him that thing, I found the courage to blurt it out.

 

“Well, that’s not the thing. I thought I loved her. It was all infatuation.”

 

I nodded. He continued telling me everything.

 

“The truth is I didn’t felt a spark when I’m with her. I just promised myself to love her because I thought I do.”

 

Everything he is saying is confusing me.

 

“Uhm, what do you mean?”

 

He looked at the scenery, the calming scenery. I looked too.

 

“I forced myself to love her because she is Maknae.”

 

I was dumbfounded. Maknae? My pen name?

 

“What do you mean by she is Maknae?”

 

He gave a small smile.

 

“Ah, you don’t know Maknae. Well, that’s the pen name of the girl who used to write for me. I really liked her even though I don’t know who she is. The way she writes is just too heart warming. I still keep her letters. I have a special drawer for the letters. Now, I’m being silly. Sorry.”

 

He scratched the back of his head. I was shocked. He liked Maknae? He liked me?

 

“No, no. It’s fine. Actually, it’s interesting.”

 

He looked at me with a smile.

 

“Really? You are interested? Well, Yuri is not really interested when I talk about Maknae. I should have known earlier that it’s not her. It’s way too obvious. I just fooled myself. I wasted my precious time for her.”

 

I still looked at him, shocked. I started to become nervous again.

 

“Well, her hand writing is so cute. And she knows my favorite perfume. She delivers me letters once a week. When I was dating Yuri, I still hope that my girl friend would send me letters. I told Yuri to write something for me again but she said that she’s too busy.”

 

I looked back to the scenery. He continued telling about the Maknae he liked.

 

“Do you know, Seohyun?”

 

I looked at him, surprised.

 

“What is it?”

 

I tried to stay calm.

 

“I even thought that you were Maknae.”

 

 My heart started to beat abruptly. I can hear it beating furiously.

 

“Why?”

 

He chuckled a little bit.

 

“It was just a wishful thinking.”

 

He told me.

 

“Wishful thinking?”

 

I asked him nervously.

 

“Well, yes. It was all my wishful thinking. I really hoped that you are Maknae.”

 

He scratched the back of his head again.

 

“Well, I secretly liked you since we met. I was just too shy to approach you.”

 

I looked away. I can feel my cheeks starting to get hot.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang.

 

“Excuse me. I have to take the phone call.”

 

He nodded and I took it.

 

“Yoboseyo.”

“Seo Honey!”

“Umma.”

“Where are you? The wedding will start after five hours! You need to get ready.”

“I just went to the school.”

“Go home now! The make-up artist is waiting for you.”

“Arasso Umma. I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

“Take care Honey. Go home as soon as you can.”

“Arasso. Bye.”

 

My mom dropped the phone call. I faced him, he is looking at me.

 

“Sorry for eavesdropping. But, why do you need to go home?”

 

I don’t know what to say. My heart is hurting now. I’m confused. I don’t know what to do.

 

Suddenly, I heard someone calling me.

 

“Seohyun!”

 

I faced the man. It’s Donghae Oppa. He is panting. He looks worried.

 

“Do we need to be there? Are you going to be fine?”

 

I felt like my heart is being stabbed a million times. I can’t take the feelings inside. I hugged Donghae Oppa. I cried on his shoulders.

 

“Oppa.”

 

I saw Tiffany Unnie running behind Donghae Oppa. She knows what’s going to happen too. She hugged me.

 

“Seohyun, follow your heart. Baby, do what you want to do.”

 

I cried in her arms. She is a very caring friend. She is like a sister I never had.

 

“Unnie, I need to pay back all the sacrifices my parents did for me. I must obey them even though it hurts.”

 

She patted my back.

 

“But Seohyun, don’t you think it’s time to stop sacrificing your happiness for them?”

 

She’s right. But I still need to obey them. They are my parents after all.

 

Suddenly, I heard a confused voice.

 

“What is exactly happening here?”

 

I wiped my tears and told him that it was nothing.

 

I bowed to them.

 

“Thank you for everything Oppa and Unnie. If you want to witness everything, just go there later. By the way, you can’t go in without invitations. Here’s one.”

 

I handed them the invitation. Even though it will be hard for me, I had the courage to give them those and just forget everything about him.

 

I ran so they won’t be able to catch me. I rode the car waiting outside.

 

Goodbye my first love.

 

~

 

The bells started to ring. Everyone looks excited. I, my mom and my dad are still inside the car.

 

My father patted my back.

 

“Sorry for everything Seohyun. I was never a good father to you.”

 

I looked at him, with teary eyes.

 

“Stop saying that Daddy. You are a very caring father. I’m very lucky to have you.”

 

He kissed my forehead and hugged me.

 

“Sorry for everything Seohyun. I’m very sorry. I even sacrificed your happiness just to save this company of ours.”

 

I tried to stop the tears from falling but my heart is aching. I can’t control my feelings anymore.

 

“Appa, look. I’m crying already.”

 

Suddenly, someone tapped the window and signaled us to go down. My father wiped my tears while my mother assisted me.

 

~

 

The flower girls started tossing the rose petals. As we get nearer the door, I get more nervous. I felt like something wrong is going to happen.

 

My father tightened his arms and whispered to me.

 

“Everything is going to be alright, dear.”

 

We are already in the middle of the church. Everyone’s eyes were on me. I looked around, trying to see if Donghae Oppa and Tiffany Unnie went to see me. But I found no one. I looked at the man in the altar, smiling widely.

 

“Dear, trust me. Jung Yonghwa will never let you down.”

 

My mother told me those words. I hope so too. But he is not the man I wanted to marry. He is just an acquaintance to me, not even my friend. He is just a business partner, nothing more than that. He is not the man I wished to marry. He is nothing like Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Before my parents gave me to Yonghwa, I looked back at the church door, just to see if they went. But I saw nothing, no one.

 

As soon as I was about to hold his hand, someone shouted my name.

The voice I always wanted to hear. His voice, the voice of the person I wanted to be with.

 

“Seo Joohyun!”

 

Everyone looked at him, even me. He is with them. He is with Tiffany Unnie and Donghae Oppa. Tears started to stream down my cheeks. But when I was about to walk to him, someone grabbed me. It’s him, Jung Yonghwa.

 

“Father, let’s continue the wedding.”

 

I pulled my hand and bowed to him.

 

“I’m sorry Yonghwa.”

 

Everyone gasped. I looked at my father and he smiled at me and mouthed me to run to him.

 

I run. I run as fast as I could. I ignored everyone’s glare. I just looked at him, straight. I just looked at the man I longed for years.

 

He welcomed me in his wide opened arms. He whispered the words I wanted to say to him for a long time.

 

“Saranghae Seo Joohyun.”

 

I cried in his arms. The so-called Tears of Joy.

 

“Kyuhyun Oppa, Saranghaeyo.”

 

~

 

I thought I never had a place in your heart. I thought that I will never be a part of your life. I thought that I was no one. I thought that you were only a man of my dreams.

 

….. But that’s what I thought. I was someone better I never thought I would be.

 

~

 

Hi. It was originally going to be a pure angst but I don’t want SeoKyu Shippers to be sad so I made it a happy ending. Sorry for breaking your heart in the first part. But I hope you liked it.

 

By the way, it’s my first time writing a SeoKyu Fan Fiction. So, sorry if it’s kinda crappy. Just leave comments if there are violent reactions. And sorry for the YongSeo shippers here.

 

CRITICISMS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.