Different Angle

Re:WIND

 

The cold breeze blow onto her skin. The cold air. The sound of the waves filled her hearing. 

Jungeun open her eyes. Slowly. The moon is huge. Shining in the end of the ocean, ahead of her. Somehow, it seems so close. Its reflection on the water. But despite of how bright the moon is, Jungeun still can say it’s too dark. The beach is too dark. And she can’t help but to notice how the air around her feels so negative. Then..

There’s her.

Back facing Jungeun. Blonde hair. White shirt. Blue skirt. It looks the same like Yerim’s purple uniform.


“Jinsol?”


The name slipped quietly out of her lips. But the girl ahead of her didn’t budge. Instead, she keep walking into the water that now start to reach her thigh. Wetting the blue skirt.


“Jin—“


“JINSOL!!”


It startled Jungeun. Makes her jump on her spot. Looking back just to found her breath getting stuck in the next second.


‘What..’


A few meters away from her. There’s someone standing there. Panting so hard, with a shining purple portal behind. Stare directly at Jinsoul that slowly turn around.


“Hey, Jungeun”


‘What the hell—‘


Jungeun unconsciously step back. Feel too taken aback to see herself standing not too far from her. Wearing the similar uniform, but in red. And as if they can’t see Jungeun, the other her quickly take a step forward. Walking furiously towards Jinsoul.


“GET OUT OF THERE!”


The other Jungeun shout. Keep walking towards Jinsoul that again, didn’t budge. Instead, Jungeun found Jinsoul slowly curve a smile on her face. It looks terrifying, somehow. Along with that blue circle in her left eye.


“I thought I said goodbye”


The water suddenly whirl around her, along with that strong wind that coming out of nowhere. The lightning began to rumble in the dark sky. It startled Jungeun as she look up, seeing the clouds also began to swirl above Jinsoul. Then, she notice the wind getting stronger. Makes her look ahead. Found there’s a big tsunami ahead of her. Right behind Jinsoul.


“Jinsol..”


The sight caught Jungeun in surprise. Widening her eyes in disbelief and fear. She knows, it’s about time Jinsoul get swept away by the waves. The tsunami.


“JINSOL! GET OUT OF THERE!!”


Jungeun shout. Bend over a little when the wind blows her way.


“JINSOL!!”


She try to step forward. Using all of her strength to fight the strong wind. Til her gaze caught the other her just standing there. Frozen. A few meters away from her.


“! JUNGEUN! DO SOMETHING!!”


Jungeun shout. Just to realize her voice will never be heard. The other her didn’t budge. Still standing there. Even with those strong wind going her way. Her gaze fixed on Jinsoul that also staring back at her. And at that time Jungeun swear she see that glint of blue in the other her’s left eye. Flickering along with that red circle.


“.. There’s another way..”


Jungeun narrow her eyes. Noticing the other her start to mumbling something.


“There must be another way..”


The other her keep mumbling. The tsunami getting near them. There’s no time.


“JUNGEUN!!”


“DON’T DO THIS JINSOL!!!”


A gunshot.

Instead of strong waves, that swept her away. Jungeun heard a gunshot. Ringing in her ears.


“What was that..”


It was a dream.


“.. A dream?”


Jungeun questioning. Asking to no one. She is alone in her room. Staring at nothing.


“”


She cursed under her breath. Messing with her hair in annoyed. The dream was violently shake her up from her deep sleep.

 

Eat. -Haseul

 

“..”


She cursed. Again. But this time with a slight smile on her face. Found that plastic bag on her counter. A small note attached to it.


“I should thank her..”


She state quietly. Pull her phone out of her pocket. While her other hand pull the note off the plastic bag. Before she open it. Glance to the clock on the wall. She snort to herself.


“She will scold me. It’s already noon..”


Jungeun said. Shaking her head over herself. Bring the phone to her view, just to stop her motion midway. Noticing the crack she can’t remember is there. On her phone screen.


“Maybe because of Nam Chun—“


It’s not. Those images tell her otherwise. Rushing into her mind out of sudden once her thumb brush on the crack.

Her ears start to ringing. Her head start to spinning. Those images show her how she is on the floor. Pain creeping on the left eye, while she trying so hard to reach for the table next to the bed. The digital clock on top of it. The time goes forward so fast. Moving too fast along with the ray of sunlight creeping through the curtain. The sun rising too quick to her knowing. And when she see herself grab on the table. It stopped.

It all stopped, at 06:07.


‘06:07..’


“Look behind”


Jungeun snapped. Being pulled out from all those images in her head. Look behind. Following the direction of that voice.


“What..”


But she find nothing. No ones there behind her. She is alone.


“.. What was that?”


———


“Thank you for your hard work!”


Jinsoul beaming, bowing to all clapping staffs around her. Walking down the stage.

She just finished her performance for her new song, Eclipse. Which is her new single that just released a few days ago. Along with Twilight, those songs that supposed to be Jungeun’s. But since in this timeline everything is different, those songs became hers instead. With Jungeun a.k.a Kim Lip as the producer. It feels weird to Jinsoul tho. Especially since she still not used to hear her own voice in these songs.


‘It’s been a week. And I’m still not get used to this fixed timeline..’


Jinsoul sigh. Throw herself on the sofa once she arrived in the waiting room. Ignoring the slight look all the staffs are giving her at the moment.

She knows, those staffs are still wondering about what is actually happened to her. For them, she somehow act different. Like totally a different person. According to Vivi tho, as Vivi was the only one who dare enough to went and asked her. And also the one who told her everything.

Vivi told her, she was a cheerful, a clumsy, looks dumb but actually smart, basically a nerd, a sweet girl before Jungeun’s missing. But after what happened to Jungeun, she act different. Vivi even said Jinsoul feels different. Some kind like aura thingy that Jinsoul absolutely didn’t bother to ask further. Vivi also told her a few things about her and Jungeun. Like how she met Jungeun half a year ago when she was running from her psycho ex boyfriend. It makes Jinsoul frowned. But after Vivi told her the name of this ex. Jinsoul can’t help but sigh.

In the messed up timeline, this guy is the one who dragged Jinsoul in the middle of her recording. In this timeline, he somehow became more extreme. If in the messed up timeline, Jinsoul was just tired of him that makes her accept his confession. In this timeline, Jinsoul was forced to accept him. Guilt trips or something like that, from what Vivi told her.

That’s why, Vivi very thankful that Jinsoul met Jungeun at that time. Since Jungeun didn’t even hesitate to beat him up, when he was about to drag Jinsoul to go with him. Vivi also told her, how Jungeun was protecting her and all. It makes a tiny smile unknowingly appear on Jinsoul’s face tho. Til’ Vivi mention about their circles. Out of sudden. Mentioned how she also thankful that Jungeun is the red circle. That Jinsoul finally met her.

This caught Jinsoul by surprise. She didn’t expect Vivi will know about Jungeun’s circle. And not only that, Vivi also know about Yerim’s. And the worst part for Jinsoul is, Jiwoo and Haseul also know about it.

The information makes Jinsoul feel so much things at once. Her feelings mixed. But she manage to hide it. Thinking it make sense that Jiwoo and Haseul know. Since in this timeline, Jungeun got her circle a year ago. There’s no way Jungeun keep it for herself. Especially when Jinsoul remembered how Jungeun seems more experienced with her own circle compared to Jungeun in the messed up timeline.

And talk about Jungeun in the messed up timeline. Jinsoul start to think, are they a different person? Or Jungeun just forgot? If Jungeun just forgot or didn’t know at this point. Does that mean.. Jinsoul also the same? Does Jinsoul just forgot about what happened in this timeline? Or.. 

There’s another Jinsoul?


“ Jinsol..”


She cursed under her breath. Leaning back. Bringing her palm to cover her face. Sigh heavily into it before she rubbing her face tiredly.


‘You think too hard..’


Scolded herself. Again, she sigh. Shutting her eyes. Try to shut her mind too. But somehow her mind doesn’t listen to her.


‘At least I know, Jungeun with a scar is totally not from this timeline or the messed timeline..’


She state in her mind. Running her fingers through her hair.


‘She is the only key. Yet, she is missing..’


Slowly open her eyes. Jinsoul stare at the ceiling. Emptily. Her mind somehow playing that unknown memory. Again. Let her see how Jungeun kneeling on the floor. Blood over her hand. Clenched the side of her face.

Wait—


‘.. what if..’


She bite her lower lip. Shutting her eyes at her own thoughts. But those words keep ringing in her head. Finishing the words without her willing.


‘Jungeun with the scar isn’t exist.. yet?’


She hate her mind. She hate how that somehow, makes sense to her.


“JINSOL!!!!!!!”


That voice snapped Jinsoul out of her mind. Snapping her eyes open. Just to found Yerim quickly rush towards her. Throw herself and hugging her tightly.


“.. Yerim? .. Yeojin??”


Jinsoul state in confusion. Stare at Yerim who snuggled on her happily. Before move her gaze to Yeojin, who casually walking towards them. Stare at nothing.


“Damn. I thought Vivi is lying when she said she’s working with a famous singer”


Yeojin mumbling under her breath. Makes Jinsoul immediately raise one of her eyebrows.


“.. excuse me??”


Blinking her eyes a few times. Jinsoul stare at Yeojin in wonder, confusion and suspicion the next second. Absolutely caught those words slipped from the younger’s lips earlier.


“.. uhh.. I just didn’t expect you’re that ‘Jinsoul’ the first time I saw you. I thought you just someone similar”


Yeojin shrugged her shoulders. Smile awkwardly as she stopped her steps in front of them. Glance to Yerim slightly.


“Oh? But, I heard you mention Vivi’s name? You know her?”


“Oh yeah! We’ve met a few times!”


Jinsoul furrowed her brows over that. Stare at Yeojin for a split of seconds, before she decided take a look around.


“Now you mentioned her. I haven’t seen her since—“


“Oh! Don’t worry! She went to meet Haseul! You know? Lunch date..”


Yeojin state. Raised both of her hands in shoulder height. Make a quote gesture with her index and middle fingers. But Jinsoul just stare at her, frowned.


“In this timeline, Vivi and Haseul are dating!”


Yerim state excitedly. Get off of Jinsoul. Eventually sit properly beside the latter who can’t help but widen her eyes. Turning to Yerim absolutely in disbelief.


“I swear I have the same reaction as you. But it’s true!”


It sounds not so really convincing, coming from Yerim to be honest. But since Jinsoul know Yerim won’t lie about this kind of stuff. She just nod, even though she still feel kinda shock with that new information.


“Oh right! I just remembered we have a different memory!”


So suddenly, it came from Yeojin. Clap her hand in realization. Feel confused a moment ago with how clueless Jinsoul was. Til’ she remembered the conversation from a week ago, about those timelines thingy that she didn’t really understand. Failed to notice how Yerim stare at her in panic while Jinsoul facepalmed. Knowing all those eyes are absolutely on them. Thanks to Yeojin’s loud voice.

But to be fair, those gaze are already on them since Yerim and Yeojin suddenly walked into the waiting room. Maybe wondering what these two high schoolers doing here, at noon?

If Jinsoul not mistaken, Vivi told her that the staffs already know Yerim. Since in this timeline Yerim often came to support her. With or without Jungeun. While Yeojin, it seems like it’s their first time to see her.

Makes sense tho, since Yeojin was in that somewhere for two months. Even though it only feel like thirty or forty minutes for her. Somehow, the time there is slower than theirs.


‘.. that somewhere, also have something to do with time..’


It come across Jinsoul’s mind. Out of sudden. But before she can let her mind wander any further. She is feel more curious about something.


“.. anyway, how’d you two get here??”


———


“Alright. Let’s discuss it after lunch, yeah?”


“Yes doctor”


The nurse bow politely. Earn a slight smile from Haseul who just tap her shoulder before walking away. Glancing to her watch, just to sigh a second later.

She haven’t sleep for two days straight now. Having a lot of work to do, like perform a surgery or just simply cover for another doctor. Don’t forget she also need to write her own report. That’s a lot for her.


“I hope Jungeun doesn’t skip her meal”


Haseul state. Rubbing her face tiredly after take off her glasses. Walking into her office, just to notice there’s someone except her there. Sitting on the couch near the edge.


“Hey!”


It sounds familiar to Haseul. She know who is it just by the voice. Makes that smile creeping onto her face, vaguely see that figure immediately get up from her seat. Walking towards her as she put on her glasses back.


“Hey..”


Haseul state softly. Let Vivi immediately wrapped her arms around her, while she also do the same. Pulling the older as close as possible.


“You’ve work hard..”


Vivi cup Haseul’s face. Leave a small peck on her lips before smile sweetly. Staring deep into Haseul’s eyes that also staring back at hers.


“I bought lunch, and coffee. Special from The Carol..”


Vivi state playfully. Rubbing her thumb on Haseul’s cheek that just giggling over the words.


“Oh really? Thank you. You know my favorite”


“Of course I do. I’m your favorite”


A teasing smile immediately appeared on Vivi’s face just after those words. Makes Haseul can’t help but laugh.


“Sure you are..”


Brushing her nose slightly on Vivi’s, Haseul reach for the hand. Intertwined it. And pulling Vivi to the couch. Notice there’s a familiar bag placed on the table as they sitting down.


“Jiwoo said to take care of your health, or she will kick your ”


Vivi state abruptly. Earn another laugh from Haseul that carefully take out the foods and coffees out of the bag.


“That’s.. terrifying. I can say the same to her tho”


Haseul turn to Vivi. Smiling as she put the food in front of the older. Right after she open the lid.


“No worries. Yves will keep an eye on her. And I will keep an eye on you”


Vivi smirking. Watching Haseul pull apart the chopsticks and give it to her the next second. Chuckle slightly over the words.


“Yeah, sure. Now eat, lady..”


Haseul state. Lean closer, just to leave a quick peck on Vivi’s cheek. Successfully makes the older smile slyly. Digging on her own food the next second while Haseul take off her doctor’s coat first, before also digging into her own food. Right after take a quick sip of her coffee.


“Oh, right! Remember how I tell you that Jinsoul act kinda different after what happened to Jungeun??”


Vivi start. Turn to Haseul who just hummed at her. Telling her to keep going.


“Yves also act kinda different..”


Vivi added, earn a raise brow from Haseul. But the latter didn’t even bother to spare the older a glance.


“What do you mean?”


“Don’t be jealous..”


“.. Just continue”


It coming kinda cold from Haseul. Makes Vivi can’t help but sigh. Noticing how Haseul still not looking at her.


“Fine. Well, I don’t know how to put this. But she act really different, just like Jinsoul. You know how Jinsoul somehow doesn’t remember almost about everything, right? Yves also the same, Jiwoo have to fill the blank to her. And I found out that Yerim is also the same as them! Even though Yerim is not that different before and after Nam Chunhee kidnapped Jungeun. But..”


Vivi hanging her words. Diverted her gaze from Haseul who flinch slightly once she mention the name.


“Nam Chunhee.. did they—“


“She is still missing”


Those words being cut by Vivi. Turn to Haseul the next second just to found the younger finally looking at her. But, the gaze looks complicated.


“Haseul..”


The name rolled softly on Vivi’s tongue. Snapped Haseul out of her state just to notice Vivi stare at her in worry.


“I know you’re mad. But please..”


Putting down the food on the table. Along with her chopsticks on top of it. Vivi turn to fully facing Haseul on her seat.


“Jungeun is fine by now. That’s the only matter, right?”


Vivi state. Looking deep into Haseul’s eyes. Trying to read Haseul’s mind somehow as the latter just keep silent, before diverted her gaze off of her. The gesture makes Vivi’s heart sink a bit. But, when she found Haseul also fully facing her after placed her own food and chopsticks on the table.

Vivi understand.


“Everything is fine now. Nothing’s to worry. Everyone is safe..”


Vivi softly whisper. Running her fingers through Haseul’s hair while Haseul rest her head on her chest. Hearing Vivi’s steady heartbeat that somehow calming her down.


“You know, when Jungeun stay the night at my place. I asked her what happened to her and Jinsoul. She told me they just need some times..”


It abruptly coming from Haseul. But Vivi just nod, knowing Haseul will mostly rambling about anything when she feels tired. That’s also mean she will come raw to Vivi. Without any filter in her words. Saying anything that concerns her. Even though her words somehow sounds kinda random.


“It probably have something to do with how Jinsoul doesn’t remember anything. It’s okay. Give them some time.. they will work it out. They meant to each other”


“.. right..”


Haseul state weakly. Makes Vivi can’t help but gasp. Pulling herself off of Haseul that automatically looking up at her. Found disbelief written all over Vivi’s face.


“Baby! Come on! Stop babying Jungeun! She is all grown up! Believe in her!”


A snort quietly coming from Haseul after those words. Shaking her head slowly over Vivi’s exaggerated act before she pull Vivi closer. Rest her head on Vivi’s chest. Again.


“Yeah, I get it! Anyway, thanks to pick Yeojin up.. I don’t know why they suddenly get off school early..”


“She told me their school will have a soccer match with another school tomorrow. Just to prepare, I guess? Also, Yerim will play tomorrow!”


It coming excitedly from Vivi. Makes Haseul can’t help but smile over that. Looking up.


“Really??”


“Yeah!”


Vivi answer with the same excitement. Pull herself a bit from Haseul just to stare at the latter face that seems thinking for a split of seconds.


“I think I can go and watch. I’m off tomorrow”


“That’s great! Let’s cheer for her!”


Haseul smile by that. Cupping Vivi’s face carefully as she stare into those eyes. Somehow feel a bit guilt.


“I’m sorry, instead of having a lunch together. You were busy consoling me..”


“Why sorry? I literally will take a bullet for you!”


Vivi state proudly. In all seriousness. But Haseul just chuckle at that. Stare at Vivi sweetly.


“Please don’t. Also isn’t it the time to take Yeojin and Yerim home. I’m so sorry to—“


“No worries! Everything is under control!”


Again. Vivi cut Haseul’s words. But this time the atmosphere is kinda light, as Haseul blinking her eyes for a few times. Confused.


“Jungeun gonna take them home”


Vivi state with a smile on her face.


“Including Jinsoul”


———


“JINSOL!!”


The voice is ringing.


“GET OUT OF THERE!”


The images spinning in her head.


“.. There’s another way..”


Playing. Again and again. 


“There must be another way..”


Like a broken record.


“DON’T DO THIS JINSOL!!!”


Ding!


The sounds echoing. Snapped Jungeun out of her mind. Shoo those images away in an instant. Sighing deeply, the time she see the elevator door open before her eyes.


“Jungeun?”


Jungeun look up by the voice. Meeting those eyes of the staff’s she knows, standing a few meters away from her.


“It’s nice to see you! How you doing? Oh, I’m so sorry of what happened to you”


“It’s fine, Changbin. I’m good, how you doing?”


“I’m doing good. Glad you’re fine tho. That crazy girl really went overboard..”


That guy, Changbin look at Jungeun empathically. But Jungeun just smile slightly at the words. Walking beside Changbin as the latter lead her to that waiting room.

Jinsoul’s waiting room.


“Your girl is inside. I have something else to do. See you around Jungeun!”


And with that, Jungeun just nod. Muttered a smile thank you to Changbin that just show his thumbs up to Jungeun. Before fully turn around. Walking away. Leaving Jungeun there by herself.

Realizing that she is alone by now. Jungeun’s face suddenly falls. Stare at the door. The Jinsoul name plastered on it.


“I thought I said goodbye”


It stopped her. Those words stop her motion. Midway. About to reaching out for the knob.

But those sudden images, prevent her.

The image of that particular girl. Standing in the water that just about her thigh. Wetting the blue skirt. The tsunami getting closer behind her. But she didn’t budge. Instead she was smiling. Blue circle on her left eye flickering. Getting dimmed.

The blonde hair. Its start to changes. Slowly turn to black the time the blue circle completely disappeared from her left eye. The moment the circle is disappeared. The moment she smiling for one last time. Muttering something with that one last smile.


“JUNGEUN!!”


“DON’T DO THIS JINSOL!!!”


“I love you..”


Jungeun gasp. Her chest clenched. Panting. Grabbing onto her shirt tightly. The same gunshot from this morning ringing in her head.


“Why..”


Her palm on the wall. Her breath is unsteady. Her heart beating so fast.


“.. why?!”


Jungeun shout quietly. Between her gritted teeth. Seeing the last scene from her dream playing in her head. Once again, show her how that girl is smiling. Her blonde hair turn to black. The same time that blue circle is disappeared. Til’ Jungeun see the glitch in the dream. Back and forth. Showing her how the same girl put the gun next to her head. Muttering the same thing. Then..

A gunshot. Ringing in her head. For the second time.


“Why?!”


Jungeun bump her head on the wall. Gritted her teeth even more. No matter how much she thinks about the weird dream. She still doesn’t understand. What was that mean? Why? What does the dream mean? What the dream try to tell her? Why it show her those two different images of that girl? Different tragedy? But it ended the same?

Does the dream try to tell her, no matter what..


“..”


Jinsoul will die?


“Jungeun??”


She push the door open. Curved a smile on her face. Meeting gaze with Yerim and Yeojin as she raised her hand on shoulders height. Greeting them.


“Hey!”


Avoiding Jinsoul’s gaze.


“Where have you been for a whole week? Are you that busy with your new apartment??”


“Quite, so”


Jungeun reply simply. Shrugged her shoulders over her own words. Putting her hand on the door’s sensor just to makes sure the three get into the elevator safely. Before she pull her hand. Pressing on the lowest floor.

The basement.


“You know, I can help you manage your new apartment..”


Yerim pout in the end of her words. Makes Jungeun who lean on the elevator wall immediately turn to her. Curve a tiny smile on her face.


“Thank you kid. But it’s fine”


“You look tired tho”


This time Yerim’s voice sounds concerned. But Jungeun just stay quiet. Offering the younger a more sincere smile before her gaze caught Yeojin’s gaze. Staring at her in worry.


“I heard you have a match tomorrow..”


Jungeun start, step outside the elevator. Once the familiar ding can be heard. Telling them they already reach their destination floor.


“Yup! You better come!”


Yerim lowered her eyebrows. Narrow her eyes at Jungeun that just snort over that. Before she walking away, lead the way to her car.


“I’ll come. Don’t worry. I’ll cheer for you, but I won’t be as loud as Yeojin”


A teasing smile appears on Jungeun’s face as she glance to Yeojin that immediately glare at her. But Jungeun just laugh. Pressing the button on her key to unlock her car doors.


“Is it okay? I mean Jinsoul’s fans are absolutely outside..”


Yeojin state hesitantly. Glance to Jinsoul who sit quietly on the passenger seat. Haven’t heard anything from the older since Jungeun suddenly show up in the waiting room. And for sure, her nor Yerim didn’t like it.


“It’s fine. I brought another car. The fans won’t recognize it. Unless, you want to greet your fans?”


Jungeun put on her seatbelt. Glancing behind just to makes sure Yeojin and Yerim already put on their own seatbelt. Before her gaze fixed on Jinsoul that just put on hers.


“It’s fine. I don’t want the fans to see me this tired”


Eventually, Jinsoul let out her voice. Sounds so flat tho, as she lean her head on the window. Shutting her eyes. Her mind start to spinning. And she hate it. The feeling start to creeping. And she feels weird.

She feels weird to see Jungeun, so sudden.


“Should I drive you home first?”


“No need to. Yerim need to rest for her tomorrow match..”


“.. Alright then..”


That sounds so awkward. Especially for Yerim and Yeojin that immediately share a look. Absolutely notice that uncomfortable air hovering around them.

 

- Gosh! These two! It’s so awkward! You could cut the air with a knife! ㅠㅠ

 

  • Jungeun and Jinsol supposed to be dating in this timeline. But since we have a different memory...
    Must be hard for Jungeun :(

 

- Do something! You’re their daughter!

 

  • Hello???? I also have a different memory from you and Jungeun?? I can’t even recall the time they treat me like their daughter????


- ..

 

“We’re hopeless..”


“Indeed..”


Yeojin and Yerim, slumped their shoulders. Sighing at the same time. Loud enough for Jungeun to notice.


“Something’s wrong??”


‘YES!’


“.. no..”


The two answers at the same time. With the same soulless voice that makes Jungeun furrowed her brows. Glance alternately to Yerim and Yeojin through the rear mirror. Til’ Yerim’s face lit up. Out of sudden. Heard the song start to play from the radio.


“Oh! It’s Singing in the Rain!”


Yerim recognized the intro. Along with that iconic line of Hey boy, I’ve been thinking about us that she immediately imitates. Makes Yeojin can’t help but snort at Yerim’s exaggerated act. Holding an imaginary mic and start to singing along. Doing a little dance when the beat drops.


“GO IM YEOJIN!”


“OH YEAH!”


And with that Yeojin start to rap along the song. Kinda makes Jungeun feel taken aback tho, as she almost forgot that Yeojin have a deep voice. The song suddenly sounds different, but Yeojin did a great job with the rap. And Yerim never stop to hype her up.

That’s a whole new experience for Jungeun, somehow. She never thought she need Yeojin and Yerim to singing Singing in the Rain, til’ now. It was fire to be honest. And Jinsoul can’t help but smile at the chaos Yerim and Yeojin made on the backseat. Even without glancing behind. She knows it’s a mess.

A good mess.


“Jungeun! Your favorite song is Love Letter, right?”


“Love Letter??”


Then, it somehow changed the comfortable atmosphere that was filled the air around them. Slowly. Right after the song’s finished.


“Yeah! Jinsoul’s debut song! Love Letter!”


“That was Jinsoul’s debut song tho? No?”


Yerim blinking her eyes. A few times. Confused. Tilting her head to the side.


“.. huh???”


It coming innocently from Yerim. But Jungeun frowned by that. Glance slightly to Yerim through the rear mirror, then to Jinsoul. Til’ her gaze back on the street.


“Jinsoul’s debut song is Singing in the Rain? No??”


Jungeun state, start to sounds unsure. Occasionally glance to Jinsoul that now have a frowned on her face. Looking behind at Yerim when those sounds that totally filled with confusion, slipped out of her lips.


“.. eh?”


Did Jungeun remembered it wrong?


“.. I’m doing a search, and yup. It said Jinsoul’s debut song is Singing in the Rain”


“Eh?”


“And Jinsoul doesn’t have a song called Love Letter”


“EH?!”


Yerim gasped. Loudly. Snapped towards Yeojin that calmly show her phone screen to her, who quickly snatch it off of her hands. Scrolling, try to makes sure Yeojin told her the truth. And that her eyes didn’t play a trick on her.


“EH?!! NO WAY! THERE’S NO PUZZLE TOO?! JINSOL!”


That caught Jinsoul’s attention. Makes the frowned getting clearer. As Yerim put on a sad face. Flipping the phone so Jinsoul can see.


“There’s no Puzzle..”


Yerim’s right.


“It’s my favorite..”


There’s no Love Letter too. Those two songs that makes Jinsoul reach this point of her career. Somehow, don’t exist.


“Umm.. is it possible that you mistaken, Yerim? I mean maybe it’s another singer? Or maybe wrong title?”


“No! I’m sure it’s Jinsol! And it’s Puzzle and Love Letter!”


Yerim exclaimed. Turn to Jungeun that just glance at her. Smile nervously when Yerim suddenly glaring.


“Okay, enough! How about you sing the song and let the search engine do the job?”


Yeojin meddling. Sighing, once she see Yerim stop glaring at Jungeun. Turn to her with a sparkle, suddenly appear in both of her eyes.


“IM YEOJIN YOU GENIUS!”


“I know. Just hu—“


A soft voice cut off Yeojin's words. Melodies filled the air. The words echo. Sounds captivating. It makes Yeojin slowly turned to Jinsoul. Found the older sing beautifully to her phone that still on Yerim’s grip.

Yerim also feel captivated. Staring at Jinsoul in awe. Let her eyes and ears get blessed by that voice and the looks. The facial expressions that also leave Yeojin speechless.

This is Jinsoul.


“—Love Letter..”


It ended there. As Jinsoul tap on the button. Watching how the search engine try to find the song that she meant.

But there’s none.


“Weird.. it really doesn’t exist..”


Jinsoul frowned. Stare at the screen for a few seconds before she flinch on her seat. The phone slipped off of Yerim’s grip. Out of sudden.


“Yerim!”


Jinsoul squealed. Catch the phone before it can hits the ground. Startling Yerim and Yeojin that quickly snapped out of their awe. Looking at Jinsoul who slightly glare at them.

But they just stare.


“.. woah..”


In admiration.


“YOU SHOULD RELEASE THE SONG! IT’S SO GOOD!”


“PUZZLE TOO! PUZZLE TOO!!”


A sigh leave Jinsoul’s lips. Face palm, seeing Yeojin and Yerim bouncing on their seat. Begging for her to release those songs that somehow didn’t exist in this timeline.


‘Does that also have something to do with the timeline tho?’


Jinsoul tiredly state in her mind. Leaning on her seat as Yerim and Yeojin start to talking about those non-existence songs. Well, mostly like, it’s Yerim who tell Yeojin about how great and amazing those songs are. Especially Puzzle.


‘Guess Yerim really likes the song, huh?’


A sigh leave her lips again. But this time, Jinsoul can’t help but curve a tiny smile on her face. Resting her head on the window while staring outside. It feels good somehow. Til’ she caught Jungeun’s reflection on the window.

Looking so shocked.


‘Huh?’


———


“So..”


The words hanging in the air. Makes that girl look up from her half empty cup. Staring at the girl behind the counter who bend down a bit towards her.


“Anything else you want to know?”


Jiwoo asked. Putting her arms on the counter as she watch the girl across of her looking down at her own coffee. Thinking.


“I’ll let you know when I have one..”


“Roger that!”


Jiwoo straightened herself. Walking away from that girl, Sooyoung, who just can stare at her back. Watching how Jiwoo somehow start to get busy. It makes her sigh tho. Somehow, noticing how her feelings are mixed. Especially after what Jiwoo told her earlier.


“.. I .. I still can’t believe I used to date Vivi..”


It coming quietly from her lips. Thinking that Jiwoo won’t catch it. But she’s wrong.


“Eyy, what do you mean?? From what you told me! You two were so cute together!”


Jiwoo state. Not even bother to look behind as she busy cleaning the coffee machine. Absolutely failed to notice how Sooyoung, look up at her.


“.. I- I told you??”

 

Surprise written all over her face.

 

“Yeah! You told me! You were so surprised to met Vivi here a few months ago. And Haseul always glare at you whenever she see you around. That’s kinda amusing if you ask me..”


Jiwoo turn slightly. Pointing a finger gun towards Sooyoung when she said if you ask me. Along with that wide, teasing smile. Before she turn around. Again. Back facing Sooyoung who start to look down. This time staring at nothing as she getting deep into her thought.


“.. hey, Chuu..”


And before she realize it, the name slipped out of her lips. Makes Jiwoo flinch somehow. But the latter managed to hide it. Quickly regained her composure when she turn around. 


“Oh, we used Eden name??”


Walking towards Sooyoung, Jiwoo grin. Wiggling her brows as she put her arms on the counter. Ignoring how Sooyoung glare at her for a split of seconds. Til’ a sigh leave the latter lips.


“Fine, Jiwoo. Can I ask you something?”


“Sure thing! What is it?”


Jiwoo reply excitedly. Makes the edge of Sooyoung’s lips raise a bit. Curve a tiny smile.


“What are we?”


The words coming out of Sooyoung’s lips. Surprisingly smoother than she ever expected.


“What are we???”


But Jiwoo doesn’t get it.


“Yeah. What are we? Is there any special thing going on between us?”


This makes Sooyoung nervous. But she curious. Somehow hoping. Staring deep into Jiwoo’s eyes that staring back at her. Everything feels so confusing to her at this moment. But above all of that. She wants to know the answer from this question the most.

Somehow. She’s hoping.


“Always so direct..”


Jiwoo snort. Shaking her head slowly. Makes Sooyoung feel a bit annoyed and embarrassed out of sudden.


“Just answer me”


Sooyoung glare. But Jiwoo just laugh.


“Well..”


Slowly take her arms off of the counter.


“To say it in earth way, we’re friends


Standing straight. Somehow create a safe distance between her and Sooyoung.


“.. friends?”


Sooyoung questioning. Absolutely notice those weird behavior from Jiwoo. 


“Yeah! You asked a weird question, Sooyoung!”


Jiwoo laugh over her own words. She might think she can hide it. But Sooyoung can see it. There’s more.


“.. did something happen?”


Those eyes turn dark the time Sooyoung asked that question.


“What do you mean??”


“Your eyes tell me, you hide something..”


Sooyoung replied. Almost immediately. Stare directly into Jiwoo’s eyes that somehow avoiding her.


“How rando—“


“Did I hurt you?”


It actually came mindlessly from Sooyoung. But somehow, it successfully makes Jiwoo flinch on her spot. Widened her eyes in surprise. Stare at nothing. As those images rushing into her head. Unwillingly.


“I see..”


Her hand start to shaking but she quickly hide it behind her back. Those images start to haunt her. Again.


“This is why you want to escape..”


“.. Jiwoo—“


“Yves..”


“.. I’m a fool..”


“You can ask me anything but this”


That coming quietly from Jiwoo. Sounds kinda shaking, makes Sooyoung immediately raise from her seat. Worried.


“Chuu—“


“Please..”


Jiwoo stopped her. The time Sooyoung is about to jump off the counter. Want to making sure that Jiwoo is fine. But the latter, prevent her from doing that. Raising her hand that somehow shaking so hard.


“Chuu..”


Sooyoung try to call. But Jiwoo didn’t budge. Let the hand fall to her side, helplessly. Unconsciously leave a slight cut in Sooyoung’s heart. Especially when she see Jiwoo lowered her head. Again, avoiding her gaze.


“.. alright..”


It hurts Sooyoung. She can’t fully understand what happened. But she sure enough. She’s the cause of this.

The change of Jiwoo.


“Thank you..”


She sure, it’s because of her.


———


Her steps echoing in the whole room. Books are over the floors. Holy books of various religions. Mythological books. Universe theory books of various authors. Those books are scattered around as she keep walking in front of the bookshelves. Looking for any books that maybe can give her a clue.


“What might happen..”


Her gaze all over the remaining books on the shelves. Brushing her fingertips onto it.


“Not only Jinsoul, Yves too. And Yerim..”


She questioning. Stop her steps in front of that exact book on the shelves.


“Does it have something to do with the circles?”


That old book from Eden.


“.. But, Yves isn't an Odd Eye..”


She sigh. Reaching out for that book. Stare at the cover tiredly.


“Something must’ve happened, but what?”


She ask into the air. Absolutely get no answer as she sigh again, pinching on the bridge of her nose.


“God.. I’m too dumb for this..”


Staring at the cover of that old book which had teared here and there. Again. She sigh. Deciding to open the old book the next second. Letting her hands randomly lead her to any pages. But even before she can read whatever pages that plastered before her eyes. Something fall from between the sheets, landed safely on the floor next to her feet.


“.. Geez, Haseul will be really mad if she see this..”


She snort, state to herself. Staring at that photo that lay helplessly down there. Showing her how that exact girl press her lips on her cheek. While she just laugh slyly.


“Kahei, come here!”


“What—“


The girl put her arms around her waist. Pulling her closer, extending the other hand that holding a camera into the air.


“Merry Christmas baby!”


Then the girl suddenly turn to her. Press her lips on her cheek who can’t help but laugh. Heard that click sounds, coming from the camera.


Thud.

Another sounds suddenly can be heard. Successfully snapped Vivi out of her state in an instant. Smile mockingly to herself as she notice how her mind was flying back to the past. The time, when there’s a thing between her and that certain girl.


“.. dang..”


It was their worst mistake.

And their best decision. Cause after a while, they’re eventually realize. They never been in love with each other. That girl realizes, she’s in love with someone else. And Vivi just lonely.


‘If only there’s a time machine. I will go back and make us never happened..’


She state in her mind. Kneeling down to put the old book on her side. Just to reach for the other book, that was successfully pulled her out of her mind earlier. Landed on top of the photo. Somehow like covering it from her vision on purpose.


“.. Huh? The Fall of Icarus?”


Those words filled with confusion. Slipped out of her lips when she bring the book closer to her face. Squint her eyes as to read the title again, more carefully.


“I don’t remember I have a b—“


She cut her own words. Stopping her hand from flipping the book once her eyes caught a black cassette tape down there. Slightly cover the photo. This time, let her see those faces again. But her gazes are more focused on that cassette tape.


“.. whose is this? I don’t remember I have one of this??”


Putting the book on her side. On top of the old book. She reach for the cassette tape. Observe it carefully as she glance to the book again. Try to recall the possibility that she had bought these in the past. But nothing come into her mind.


“.. maybe Jinsoul’s?”


She tilting her head to the side. Not so sure with her own words as she get up. Standing on her spot.


“I’ll ask h—“


And it was at that time. She startled. Found there’s someone else, in the room. Except her. Sitting on the chair she used to sit whenever she is reading.


“Don’t freak out. I just get here”


That unfamiliar face. It looks unbothered. Almost bored, with that sharp gaze. Like wolf, glancing around the room. While Vivi just standing there. Somehow feel her body tense up.


“E-excuse me??”


She sense danger.


———


“I’ll better see your face tomorrow, you hear me?”


“Yes mam!”


“Promise??”


“Promise!!”


“Pinky promise???”


“Pinky promise!!!”


That’s how those two eventually linked their pinky. Stare determinedly towards each other. While the other two just watch. Amusingly.


“I can’t believe you’re older than me, by THREE!!”


Yeojin exclaimed in disbelief. Showing her three fingers to Jungeun that just rolled her eyes. Stare in bored at Yeojin.


“Are you jealous cause I spoil Yerim more than you, Im Yeojin??”


“Hell no!”


Yeojin refute. Glaring at Jungeun that glaring back at her. Let Yerim just stare at them alternately. Til’ she reach for Yeojin’s hand.


“How about this..”


Yerim hanging her words in the air. Take out Yeojin’s pinky. Bring it close to hers and Jungeun’s. Makes the two just furrowed their brows, watching Yerim carefully put their pinky together.


“THREE PINKIES PROMISE!!”


Yes. Yerim linked their pinky fingers. Together. Three of them.


“You lucky..”


“You’re Choi Yerim..”


Yeojin finished Jungeun’s sentence. Earn a slight glare from the older. Til’ they both sigh. Very contrast with Yerim’s beaming smile.


“Oh!”


Yerim realizes something.


“JINSOL!”


That startled the said girl. Makes her immediately raised an eyebrow, questioning. Jinsoul been watching the three interactions since a while ago, from the passenger seat. And to her, it’s really amusing. Kinda entertaining—


“FOUR PINKIES PROMISE!!!!”


Well, not anymore.


“What is this.. something like power rangers thingy?”


“Just.. play along..”


‘.. ..’


“HECK YEAH!”


Yerim exclaimed. Excitedly. Ignoring how those three stare at her in disbelief.


“Wait! Let me take a pic of this! This is so cute!!”


She is really something.


“Text me when you two get home! Safe drive!”


And with that, Jungeun drive the car away. Watching how Yerim and Yeojin wave their hands, through the mirror. Til’ the two lost from her sight. Makes her start to keep her focus only on the street. Ignoring how that uncomfortable atmosphere slowly hovering around them.

It’s only the two of them now.


“Any place you want to go before I take you home?”


“There’s none.. let’s just head home”


“.. Alright..”


It was short. And awkward. And uncomfortable. And weird. At least for Jungeun who just sigh mentally. Their trip went just like that as they eventually reach Jinsoul’s apartment basement. And once Jungeun stop her car, Jinsoul just muttered a small thank you to her then exited the car. Leave Jungeun there by herself. Having a war in her mind.


‘.. will it just end like this?’


Jungeun questioning.


‘.. will you just let it end like this, Kim Jungeun?!’


She start to shout in her mind.


‘You want to end it with Jinsol, just tell her! It’s for your sake! She maybe not the Jinsol that you know, but she still Jinsol! Just tell her, and break up officially!’


Getting deep in her mind.


‘Come on Kim Jungeun!’


Eventually remembered her only intention to meet Jinsoul today.


“Alright..”


She wants to put a peace to herself. To her heart.


“Let’s go—“


But a vibration in her jacket pocket stop her. Stopping her movement when she was about to exit her car. About to catch up to Jinsoul. About to put an end to her problem.


“Yerim?”


She stare at her phone screen. Seeing Yerim had post something on her social media, tagging her. It makes Jungeun frowned. Curious, as she swipe on her phone screen. Insert her password and waiting the pages to load. And when the page finally load, she see that pic. Four pinkies fingers link together.

It looks.. she doesn’t know how to describe it. It looks good? Cute? Beautiful? Warm??

It feels weird. But it’s not a bad feeling. Jungeun like the feeling when she see that. Just can’t quite put a name on what she feels as the smile slowly curve on her face.

Letting her thumb brush on her screen. Stare softly on the pic. Til’ her gaze move a little bit. Reading the caption Yerim put under her post.


“Jungie!”


Somehow triggered those memories to came across her mind.


“Hey! Kim Jungeun!”


That face. That exact girl.


“How about Kim Lip?”


That smile. That sweet, sincere smile.


“Lippie! My Lippie!”


The memory somehow get mixed. Showing her too many images in her head, at once.


“Jungie, come here..”


“No. Hurry get up. You have schedule”


She see herself standing in front of the window. Facing the other girl that still sleepily laying on the bed.


“Just come here..”


“No”


“Jungieee”


“No..”


“Jungieeeeeeeeeeee”


A sigh eventually left her lips. Shutting her eyes tiredly.


“Fine.”


“Yeay!”


She snort over that childish sounds. Even though she somehow found it really cute, as she take a step forward. Sliding herself onto the bed, just to being pulled down by the other.


“Jinsol!”


“Shh, be quiet”


The other girl told her. Makes her immediately shut . Sighing. Letting the other pull her close as she also snuggled closer. Deepening her head on the other chest.


“Listen..”


She absolutely know what the other girl is doing right now.


“I only want you to hear it..”


The voice became softer. And she feel calm. Hearing the soothing heartbeat.


“I love you Kim Jungeun—“


“—Nothing!”


The images change in her head.


“There’s nothing left!”


Out of sudden. Bring her back to a few days ago. When she was messed up her own new apartment. Those blue letter scattered around her. Laying helplessly on the floor.


“There’s no meaning anymore!”


The letters that always bring her so much joy. Now only bring her pain. Makes her clutching onto her shirt. Kneeling down.


“Nothing..”


Her gaze fixed on that small wooden box. The box where she put all those letters. The only thing that mysteriously saved from the fire.


“.. Nothing..”


Til her gaze caught the only remaining letter in the box. The most crumpled letter. The letter she have reopened and reread many times.


“.. I need to stop..”


She smile bitterly. Have no idea since when tears are rolling down freely on her cheeks.


“I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell the words sooner”


Only the regret, remains.


‘Our love letter—‘


“—Love Letter..”


Then it changed. Again. This time, her mind showing her how that exact girl is singing. Singing the song that she never heard before.

Love Letter.

She never heard the title. The melody. She sure she never heard it.

But why, the words.. why it seems like it’s speak to her? Why she feel familiar with the song? That broken feeling the song carried? The pain? The desperation?

Why she feel familiar with it?


“Listen, listen~”


The voice. It caught her. The images in her mind changed. Another memory came into her head. 


“Hold me, hold me..”


But somehow she can’t recall this memory. The memory that show her how she is sitting on the chair. That deep blue guitar on top of her thigh. Her gaze fixed on the tv. Watching that girl singing the song beautifully. Convey the feeling through every melodies and words. The song. The memory. It feels familiar. But for sure she know..

It’s not her memory.


‘.. whose memory is th—‘


The words suddenly getting cut. Snapped her out of those images, in her mind. Forcefully pulling her back to reality. Just to found herself still in her early position. One hand on the door. Then another hand gripping on the phone. Lit up with that new notification.

The notification that bring a vibration onto her palm. The only thing that successfully snapped her out of her head.


“.. What?”


She questioning. Not even bother to read the notification carefully as she swipe on it. Insert the password and wait the page to load again.

It leads her to Yerim earlier post. Somehow telling her that someone has left a comment under the post. It just that, it’s not only someone.

It’s Jinsoul.


“.. did I do the right thing?”


Jinsoul questioning. Staring at her phone screen as she lean on the counter. Staring at that comment she left under Yerim’s post. That three loves. With different colors.

Blue, Purple and Red.


“Hope she get the hint..”


A sigh escape from her lips. Bring her phone to her forehead. Tap it there softly as she feel anxious out of sudden.


‘Come on..’


She start to bite her lower lip. Found herself walking to the front door unconsciously. As if she knows, that girl will burst in soon. 


‘Come on, Jungeun..’


She hope. Let the time passed by itself as her gaze fixed on the door. Staring on it, anticipating any move. But even after a few minutes. Nothing happened.

She started to lose hope.


‘Wait..’


Why she’s hoping in the first place tho?


‘What am I doing?’


It feels like something has control over her mind and movements. Unconsciously. It confused her. It start to feel difficult to tell what she really wants.


‘This is not what I want..’


She might be lying to herself.


‘I want everything to disappear..’


She might not know how she remains in the past. Trapped into the wish that she slowly not wanting anymore.


‘Not this..’


She and her mind are living in the past. The past before she met them. Then, her feeling live in the present. Try to recognize all those mysterious feeling that seems forgotten. And her heart, live in the future. The future that she secretly wish.

She secretly hope. She can see it.


“Right behind..”


It snapped her. Makes her look up, just to found herself about to walk away from the front door. Til’ she heard those noises coming from behind her.


‘.. no..’


She scarily turn around. Feel her body start to shaking. She feels so scared. Anxious. She doesn’t know why. But..


‘Please no..’


She hate it. She start to hate it again. How herself act different towards that certain girl. She hate it. She really hate it.

.. why she hate it?


‘.. right. Why I hate it—‘


Her words haven’t finished yet. But that door already swing open. Roughly as she see that girl stumbled inside. Panting so hard, with sweat all over her face. Until, their gaze meet. Makes her feel that familiar yet unfamiliar electricity being sent through the gaze.


“JUNG JINSOL!”


It startled her. But somehow those doubt, she failed to recognize before start to disappear. Those scary feelings. It’s all disappeared, the time she heard the next words being said by that girl. It feels like she been waiting so long for that girl to said it, somehow.

It feels like she been waiting for years. From different time. From different timeline. From different moment. It feels like..

.. she’s been waiting for this.


“I LOVE YOU JUNG JINSOL!”


“I love you..”


“I love you..”


“I love you Kim Jungeun”


The words the latter couldn’t say. It finally being said this time. In this timeline.

Without they knowing. Without they realize, they been waiting for this. They been wish for this time to come.

All that scary feeling Jinsoul felt. It’s all because she scared, Jungeun won’t be able to said those words. But she haven’t know about that yet. Nor of them knew about that. Til the time let them remember.. 

Remember themselves that not even they know, yet.


“Jinsol..”


Before Jinsoul even knew. Those tears rolling on her cheeks. As she standing there. Staring straight into Jungeun’s eyes. She doesn’t know why. But the feeling feels overflowing. 

She feels so relief.


“Hey, Jinsol.. you—“


Before she even knew. Her feet bring her to Jungeun. Her hands reaching. Her arms found their place, encircle around Jungeun’s neck.


“He-hey? What’s wrong? Jinsol??”


Even though Jungeun asked. Jinsoul can’t answer that.

She doesn’t know what’s wrong with her. She just know, the invisible burden on her chest suddenly lifted. The hatred she felt suddenly disappeared without any trace. It scared her, but she found herself thankful that Jungeun is here. Jungeun is here with her.

She doesn’t understand. But for the first time she really enjoyed the feeling. There’s no longer those whispers in her head. She’s no longer feel the need to destroy everything when she pull Jungeun closer to her.

It feels like she’s no longer hate everything around her. Hating on her life. Hating on people that try to force their way on her. Cause she got Jungeun. Jungeun will protect her, right? She knows Jungeun will.

Deep down, Jinsoul knows Jungeun is the type of person who will travel in time just to save her.


“Tell me about us”


“.. us?”


It coming hesitant from Jungeun. Makes Jinsoul can’t help but smile over that. Tightening her grip on Jungeun as she snuggle into Jungeun’s neck.


“Yes idiot, we have a different memory, remember?”


It feels like her blue betta side finally found a place that only belong to her.


———


‘Different but together’ You wrote a weird caption..”


“Shut up Im Yeojin!”


Yerim state. Throw a pillow to Yeojin that easily avoid it. Scrolling on her phone calmly while Yerim just look up. Pouting as she laying on her bed. Using Yeojin’s thigh as her pillow.


“Stop pouting”


“No”


Yerim pout even more. Glare at Yeojin that immediately raise an eyebrow at her. Looking down while placing her phone on her side. The gesture makes Yerim frowned slightly. Til’ she felt a peck on her lips. Makes her widened her eyes in disbelief. Her face turn red. Feel extremely shy out of sudden.


“IM YEOJIN!”


But the younger just laugh. Reach for her phone, again just to scrolling there. While Yerim covered her face in embarrassment. Mumbling something under her breath, before she suddenly sit up. Makes Yeojin raised an eyebrow at her, for the second time this time. Til’ she gulp in nervous. Noticing that gaze Yerim give her right now.


‘Oh no..’


———


“Get home safely, dr. Jo..”


“Thank you! Don’t overwork yourself, alright?”


“Yes dr. Jo!”


A smile curve on her face after that short exchange between her and the nurse, who bow deeply at her. Makes her bow slightly, walking away to the hospital basement. Sometimes she will nod whenever she passing another nurse or doctor in the hospital corridor. Til’ she reach the basement. Immediately get into her car after unlocking it. Then drive away. Leaving the hospital.

 

- You pick me up?? Drive slowly! I need to beat Yerim in this Mario Kart!! She will tickling me if I lose!!

 

“This kid.. really..”


Haseul sigh deeply. Just after she read the message Yeojin had sent her. A second before she glance to the traffic light. Noticing how it will take a while before it turns green.


“.. she.. haven’t reply yet?”


It slipped out of her lips. In confusion as she staring at her phone screen. Seeing how Vivi haven’t read her message let alone reply to it.


“Is she busy?”


She start to questioning. Somehow get a bad feeling. But she manage to shrugged it off, when she remembered Vivi might be just have a lot of things to do. Since that troublesome person name Nam Chunhee was Jinsoul’s manager. Who dare enough to lay a finger on Jungeun and burn the house down.


“I wonder where that er hide”


She state under her breath. Smile slightly over her own words when her girlfriend’s face came across her mind.


“Dang.. she will smack my head if she know I was swearing..”


The thought is amusing to her. Absolutely remember how Vivi is often swearing compare to her.


‘.. well, better not start a war over a silly thing’


She smile to herself. Spreading her gaze to the street just to immediately caught the girl around her height walking on the sidewalk. Long blonde hair. White long dress. Black coat. And..

Those people followed her behind.


“Is she an idol or something??”


She questioning. Watching how that girl looks really awkward. Along with that awkward smile as she look up above herself. Seeing that shining crown hovering on top of her head.


“Oh, that’s cool—“


Then its disappeared. Out of sudden. Vanishing into thin air. Makes Haseul who absolutely witness that can’t help but feel taken aback by the sight. Rub her eyes in a hurry. She try to makes sure her eyes didn’t play any trick on her.

Its not.


“.. what was that???”


She widened her eyes in disbelief. Noticing how those people that were following that girl now looks like they just snapped out of their state. Looks in daze as they looking around. Probably not even realize how they were following that girl. The time that crown is completely disappeared from above that girl head.


“Are these people get hypnotized???”


She wonder. Blinking her eyes for a few times, in confusion, curiosity, and a slight fear, and nervousness.


‘Did I just witnessed a crime??’


She gulp over her own mind. Before she heard a horn coming from behind her. The light already turn green. Makes her quickly step on the pedal. Drive her car in the same way that girl take.

Then, it was at that time Haseul start to doubt herself.


‘Where is she???’


That girl is nowhere. Out of sudden. Disappeared from among the crowd.


‘.. did I just imagining things?’


There’s no trace of that girl somehow. And Haseul start to think her eyes did play a trick on her, as she fasten her car. Try to shrugged it off.

But, little did her know. That girl is standing on top of the nearest building. Watching down at her car that eventually drive away with that somehow unreadable gaze. Before a smile made its way to the face.


“Too much differences..”


That girl state quietly to the air. Walking away from the edge of the building to another edge. Jump off of it just to landed safely on the ground. Like she was riding the wind, with an invisible parachute on her back or something.


“Princess!”


Then that words being released to the air. Makes her immediately freeze on her spot. Her feet just completely touch the ground. She just was about to walk away like nothing had happened.

But someone see her. Caught her off guard.


‘A kid?!’


“He-hey??”


She smile awkwardly. Looks so forced as she turn to that little girl that stare at her with those sparkles in the eyes.


‘Umm.. that looks kinda different..’


She said in her mind. Noticing how this little girl looks totally conscious to her. Like this little girl doesn’t under any spell, or hypnotized by her leaked power that often makes that shining crown suddenly appear above her head. Without her willing.

But there’s no crown above her head as she look up.


‘But, she called me princess—‘


“What’s your name? You looks so beautiful like a princess!”


This little girl is pure, she thought as she turn to that little girl once again. Offer a sincere smile this time.


‘It’s not because of my power..’


“Before I tell you.. would you promise me to keep this is a secret? If not.. I’ll be very sad..”


She immediately pout. Put on her ultimate puppy eyes. Makes that little girl gasp. Nod hurriedly before answering her properly.


“Sure, princess! You have my words!”


‘Gosh! Why you so cute!!!’


She screamed in her mind. Seeing how that little girl looks so determined, makes her can’t help but curve a smile on her face.


“Alright, little princess..”


Her gaze fixed at that little girl. Stare softly.


“My name is Gowon..”


Out of nowhere. She chose to said her Eden name. Instead of her earth name to that little girl.


———


It was quiet. And peaceful. The room filled with that comfortable silence. Hovering around her, as she is focusing on her canvas. Letting her brush dancing onto it. Adding some colors. Getting mixed with another color. And create the new one.


“Heejin!”


It was until this girl who somehow looks like a cat suddenly burst into the room. 


“Woah! You surprise me!”


Encircled her arms around the artist that can’t help but startled on her seat. Lucky, she didn’t accidentally ruin her paint just because this girl suddenly hug her. Affectionately.


“What is it?”


“I want bread!”


The cat girl rub her head onto the artist. But the artist didn’t budge. Til’ the words finally hit her, makes her immediately turn around on her seat. Widening her eyes.


“Again??! Didn’t I buy you enough?!”


She stare in disbelief at the cat girl. Earn a guiltless smile as that girl loosen her grip around her neck, who can’t help but widened her eyes even more. Absolutely understand what that guiltless smile means.


“You ate it all?!”


It’s hard to believe. But oh well, who she is kidding. This girl is Kim Hyunjin. A girl who reallyyyyyyy loves bread.


“Good god..”


She muttered under her breath. Sighing heavily as she shut her eyes. Feeling her energy suddenly get out of her body. But still, this Kim Hyunjin just smile widely. Bouncing on her spot.


“Fine. Let’s get another one. I’m kinda hungry too..”


Eventually give up. Cause first, she can’t resist this girl. And second, she get kinda hungry too. She been sitting in this room for who knows how long already. It’s already dark if she look outside the window.


“Heejin?”


“Yeah?”


She responded. But not even bother to look at Hyunjin as she walking away. Putting her brushes back to its place. Kinda tidying it up before she leave the room.


“What is this painting called?”


She raised her eyebrows at that. Finally turn to Hyunjin that have her gaze fixed on the paint she was doing.


“Oh, it’s called ‘The Unwanted Fate of The Butterfly’


She state, take her gaze off of Hyunjin. Untied her artist apron first, before she loosen her hair bun. Let her fingers running through it as to let her hair to finally breath.


“Still not done yet. I’ll finish it when we back—“


“She is hurting..”


Cutting her words. Out of sudden. That was unexpected. Makes her can’t help but turn to Hyunjin once again. This time with confusion and wonder written all over her face.


“Huh?”


She let it slipped out of her lips. As if to tell Hyunjin to explain what she meant by her earlier words. But Hyunjin just glance to her slightly, before the gaze back to the painting.


“She.. it looks like she’s hurting..”


Hyunjin gaze are completely fixed on the painting. The painting that show her how that girl with blue haired is hovering above the earth. The clouds twirl under her feet.

Hyunjin knows the painting isn’t finish yet, but somehow she can feel there’s a strong emotion hidden in the painting. Even Heejin herself somehow haven’t notice that. Usually, Heejin will notice something or know the story about the painting once she is done with it. But, somehow Hyunjin is different.


“They’re too..”


Heejin have no idea how Hyunjin did that. She knows Hyunjin is special the first time she met her in Japan.

And Heejin knows, they were supposed to met. That’s why she went to Japan. But she have no idea that Hyunjin also wait for her. The time Heejin step into Hyunjin’s house. All the things already packed into a suitcase. Like Hyunjin knew that Heejin will soon bring her to Korea at that time.

Then at this moment, as Hyunjin pointing on those two exact painting that lean on the wall. Heejin found herself can’t help but immediately move her gaze to the direction. Staring at the first painting, that show her how there’s a girl with short black haired. Only showing her back. Standing quite far. With those white feathers hovering around. The painting took the view from inside the plane wreck. In the middle of nowhere.

And the second painting, showing her how there’s another girl. Her light brown haired seems like slowly turn blonde as those three shining balls hovering around her. Again, only show the back as the girl is also hovering in the sky. It just, the sky is in black and white. 


“They looks so much in despair..”


And the most important thing is, Heejin never told Hyunjin what those two paintings are about. But Hyunjin guess it right. Those painting carried that exact emotion.


The despair.


———


The room is dark. The atmosphere feels so tense. The air feels so heavy. And the footsteps sounds so threatening.


“So, this is all that glitching for?”


Her cold voice echoing in the whole room. As she bend down a bit. Reaching for that black cassette tape. Ignoring how her fingers get stained by that thick, red liquid that pooled on the floor. While she flipped the cassette tape on her hand. Stare at it. Observing it quietly, before her gaze suddenly turn dark. Gazing at the bookshelves.

She see someone in her vision.


“Oh, so you cause that?”


She state into the silence. Staring at that someone that slowly turn to her. For some reason, she can’t see the face. It’s glitching. But she caught that line on the left side of the face. Looks like a scar.


“I don’t know what you trying to do. But you better not get into my way”


It coming flat from her lips. Coldly. As fire suddenly came out of nowhere. Burning the cassette tape on her hand.


“You can play with timeline. But you better not playing with me”


She added. A second before that cassette tape completely disappeared into the thin air. Without any trace. Along with that someone who just smile slightly over the words. No longer in her vision. As she only see the bookshelves by now. Makes her eventually turning around. Somehow caught that photo on the floor, next to the book that called The Fall of Icarus. And the old book that she absolutely recognizes. Wide open on the floor. Also get stained by that red thick liquid.


“I can’t wait to see their faces..”


She state under her breath. Turn to that body that lay helplessly on the floor. The red liquid pooled around. While she just smirking. Widely, in such a terrifying way. Her eyes turns red.


“They better prepare for their last words..”


It coming deeply from her. Unknowingly makes the strong wind suddenly blows in the different places. Reaching those people that tenses once the wind touch their skin. As if to tell them.. 


The danger is on its way. The time that old book pages turn. Showing that exact page about sin.

 

Faith, Distrust. Love, Hate.

Hope, Despair. Anger, Pacify.

 

 

 


 

 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

 

- This took me awhile! But it's finally here!! Please enjoy! Thank you for reading and I'll see you in next chapter!! ヽ(´ー`)

Also.. I accidentally updated this chapter when I was still check it ㅠㅠ