Love Letter

Re:WIND

 

It’s raining tonight. Again. Heavily. Hitting the window glass. The lightning rumbled through the sky. Strike a blinding light. Shine on her that sitting on the window frame. Until the darkness filled the room once again.

It doesn’t bother her. The darkness doesn’t bother her. She getting used to it as she staring outside. Absentmindedly watching rain hitting the glass beside her. Letting the sound of rain fill her ears.

Not far from her. Her phone laying helplessly. The screen's lit up. Showing messages she have sent to that particular person. But there’s no reply. It just marked as read. And somehow, she hope she just mistaken what she see. But whenever she take a glance on it. It doesn’t even change a little bit. It’s real.

And just by that fact, she running her finger through her hair. Lift the side of her lips up. The time the lightning strike again. Shine on her. Shine on that blue circle in her eye that staring down at her phone screen. She read the messages once again. Then laugh mockingly. Let her laugh now also filled the empty room. 


‘What am I doing?’


Again. She feel funny.


———


It’s cold.

Everything around her is so cold. Everything feels so cold. 


‘Why it’s cold tho?’


“You !!”


That middle-aged guy shout at her. Grab her hair rudely. Pushing her head back into the water. Forcefully. Ignore how she shaking. Trembling. Try to fight back. But he is too strong for her.


‘Why it’s so cold..’


The silence surrounding her. The darkness being her only friend. She still shaking. Trembling. Is it because of the cold? Or she feel scared? Maybe both? She confused.


“Ah..”


Then it coming out of her lips. A realization. Her hair is wet. Her clothes are wet. She is sitting on the cold tiles. Maybe that’s why everything feel so cold, she thought. Staring at nowhere. All she see is black.


“What happened to your face?”


“It’s no—“


“How I even introduced you to my friends if you look like this?!”


A tight grip on her cheeks. Tossing her face to the side. Hardly. That guy shouted on her. And she just stay silence. Letting that guy calling her by those bad names until that guy eventually left her. 

The next day. She met that guy on the street. But he act like he doesn’t even know her. Clinging to a girl that she never seen before.


“You useless !”


A hard slapped landed on her face. Again. That middle-aged guy shout at her. Hitting her. Kicking her. She get used to this. Pushing her head into the bathtub, with overflowing water. She know that guy won’t stop until he satisfied. 

Every single night she got home. This always happen. She get used to this. She doesn’t even bother to fight back anymore. Letting that guy torture her. Until he left. Lock her in that dark bathroom. Feeling cold.

And without she knowing. That night. A blue circle start to appear in her left eye. Flickering. Until it disappeared completely.


“Your eyes are normal..”


She nod over that. It was coming from the doctor that start to busy himself, writing something on his report. She staring down. Her vision turns blurry. Somehow turn bluish the next second. But the doctor said, nothing’s wrong with her eyes. He give her an eyepatch tho. Just in case. And she decided to put it on.


“He-hey! You okay?”


She is on the floor. Curling down. Clenched the side of her face. That sharp pain coming from her left eye. The doctor said, nothing’s wrong. So what is this? Why her eye aching so bad? What happened to her? She have no idea. She just feel the pain.

Until she see a blonde girl hovering in the air, in her vision. Wear a long deep blue dress. She can’t see the face. But she sure, she feel attached to her as she looking up. Her vision start to turn bluish. Glitching. Glitching between that girl and the blue fish inside the aquarium. 


‘.. Blue betta..’


It was at that time. She can feel something in her left eye. It’s not pain. She is no longer feel the pain anymore. All she can feel at that moment is..


Overflowing power—


A glitch.


“Wakey-wakey!”


The voice get into her ears. It was like music to her somehow, along with a light kiss on her forehead. She can feel the person leaving the bed. Walk towards the window. Opening the curtains. Letting that dazzling light immediately hitting her eyes.


“Wake up, gorgeous! The weather is so good!”


Again. That voice fill her ears. She grumbled, but decided to obey. Slowly push herself up from the bed. Raising her hand, try to blocking the light from hitting her eyes.

Slowly, she open her eyes. Her lips curled up when she see the silhouette of that person, slowly turning to her through the gap between her fingers. Then—


A glitch.


“You rap?!”


The voice. Again. It was the same voice. As she turn to her side, seeing that person behind the wheel. Wide eyes. Shocked. There’s another person that looks shocked too. Sitting on the backseat. Can’t believe what they just heard.


“God! You’re so good!”


She see the another person bouncing excitedly on the backseat. Stare at her in admiration. While that person reaching for her hand and leave a soft kiss on the back of it. That wide smile plastered there. The gaze, straight ahead. Then..


—Another glitch.


“.. why you..”


It’s not that voice. It’s her voice this time. Stuffs are all over the place. The room is a mess. Her gaze fixed on that person who a few steps away from her. Staring at her. The person’s palm on the left side of the face. Blood covered the hand. Again—


A glitch.


“Listen, listen~”


It’s also her voice. This time. Singing the words. The song. Shutting her eyes. Feeling the heat start to form in the back of it. Her mind is spinning. The face of that person haunts her. But she manage to finish the song. Act professional behind the mic.


“Hold me, hold me..”


Her heart sink. She feel a cut deep inside. Then, again..


—A glitch.


“Don’t do this..”


It was that voice. She smile bitterly over it. Staring down. Hoping she can hear that voice for the rest of her life. It’ll coming true tho, as she look up. Seeing that teary eyes.


“I love you..”


It coming weak from her lips. But she smile. The sincere smile. Shutting her eyes. Placing that thing next to her head. Let the bullet pierced into her head the next second. Then—


She wide awake. Sitting on the bed. Stare emptily, at nothing.


‘What.. was that?’


She questioning. Staring down at her palms. Carefully bring it to the air. Let her eyes get a better view of it. She’s shaking.


‘.. What was that?’


She feel her heart beating, so fast. It feels suffocating. The dream start to play once again in her mind. Showing her that nightmare from her past. Letting her feel that feeling of emptiness and unworthiness, she once feel familiar with. 

Then, she see a glitch in her mind. Turn that nightmare into something she didn’t know exactly what it was. Was it a dream? But why it feels so real? A memory? It doesn’t feel like a memory to her. And she sure enough, she never experienced it. Even a single event from it.


‘So.. what was that?’


Her emotions mixed. Coming into her. It’s a lot. Too much emotions at once. She didn’t know anymore. It feels too much. It’s terrifying. She is scared.


‘Why now?! Why just now?!’


She bring her hand to her hair. Grab on it. Pull it hard. The nightmare take over her mind again. Replaying. Playing in her head. Like a broken record.


‘Why now?! Why’d it comeback?!’


She hardened her jaw. Gritted her teeth. Curled down. Shutting her eyes. Shutting her ears. Try to blocking those voices. Even though she know, it’s useless. 

It’s all in her mind. The more she try to forget it. The more it haunt her. The more she run from it. The nightmare always manage to get her.

She can’t hide from it. It’s inside her.


‘Leave me alone—‘


“I’m right here”


It snap her. Out of sudden. Pull her out of her mind. Quickly makes her turn around, look behind. But there’s nothing.

She find nothing.


“.. what..”


She state quietly. Pulling her hands off of her hair. Her eyes wide open. She still shaking. She sure she heard that.

That voice. It coming from behind her. She sure it was that voice from her dream. She sure it was real. But, why she find nothing? Why there’s no one?


‘Did it just in my mind?’


It probably the most rational answer she could think of at this moment. Maybe.. maybe it’s only in her mind.

That voice.. maybe it’s only in her mind.


‘.. How silly..’


She bring her hand to her face. Move upward. Let her fingers running through her hair. Lifting the side of her lips, she feel pathetic. Until, she feel that dazzling light hit her eyes. Coming from the window, not far from her bed.

Out of instinct. She pull her hand off of her hair. Bringing it to the air. Trying to block the sun that shining on her through the window glass.

And.. it was at that moment. She see that silhouette. Standing there. Between the curtains. Light brown haired.


“.. what..”


Then, she see nothing. Like she just mistaken. Like it was just her eyes playing a trick on her. Like she was just hallucinating thing. But.. Why it feels so familiar?


‘Why it feels so real?’


———


“Yerim stop checking your phone and eat!”


“Yes mom!”


It’s morning. Another day. The weather is so good. The air feels so fresh after rain last night. It’s a perfect day. It should be.

But she doesn’t feel like it.


“Why you keep glancing at your phone?”


“Oh? It’s nothing”


Yerim curves a smile on her face. Facing her mom that just can stare at her in wonder. While her dad furrowed his brows, somehow feel there’s something off from their daughter. But the said daughter act like it’s nothing. Start to eat her breakfast. Peacefully. Quietly.

Yerim never be this quiet tho?


“.. okay, that’s for the nth time I heard you sigh today”


It getting into her ears. Out of nowhere. Snapped her out of her thought. That guy suddenly come into her view. Take a seat in front of her.


“What’s wrong?”


That guy asked. Put his chin over his cross arms on the chair. Staring at Yerim that just sigh once again. Earn a tiny smile on his face. He absolutely lost count of how many times Yerim sigh today. Especially after the latter stepped into the classroom this morning.

Usually, Yerim will be so energetic. Greet every single classmates with that bright smile. But strangely, not today. And as far as he can remember, Yerim was in this mood like.. near two months ago? Today is less extreme than that tho. But still, it doesn’t feel like Yerim at all.


“Does this have anything to do with the driver of the deep blue car who came to pick you up yesterday?”


He try, be a little forward. Suddenly remembered about the deep blue car that show up near their school out of nowhere yesterday.

It cause a little fuss around the school tho. Cause only by the look, everyone can tell the car is very expensive. They were wondering, which rich student from their school that could possibly own that car.

Until, that dazzling light hit their eyes. Startling them. And when Yerim skipping passed all those students. They were widened their eyes in disbelief. Watching how Yerim hopped into that deep blue car. 

Then it drive away. Leaving all those students speechless. Including him.


“She doesn’t reply..”


Okay. It was unexpected. He didn’t expect that. Not even a little bit. Like.. all of this? All of this negative energy that somehow hovering around Yerim? It’s all because.. someone doesn’t reply to her message, yet? 

What on earth????


“Tell me one good reason to not smack your head right now, Choi Yerim..”


He smile. Pushing his lips together. Somehow try to hold himself to not grab the nearest notebook and smack Yerim’s head with it.


“She left me on read..”


Yerim state sadly. Sighing. Makes him immediately widening his eyes in disbelief over the words. Until that teasing smile somehow appeared on his face.


“God.. you whipped”


He smile. So much meaning behind it. Wiggling his brows with that annoying smile on his face. But, Yerim just look up. Raising an eyebrow.


“Whipped???”


Yerim questioning. Staring at the guy, absolutely in confused. But the guy just widened his smile. Lean back, and cross his arms on his chest.


“Yup, whipped. I mean, come on Yerim. All this moody act, just because she doesn’t reply to you, yet? Left you on read?? Come on! Who is this girl?? Is this the owner of that deep blue car? Cause I absolutely know you don’t own that car”


He smirk. Staring at Yerim, still with that teasing gaze. Wiggling his brows. But, Yerim still looks so confused. She totally lost.


“I don’t understand what you mean, Yang Jeong—“


“You got yourself a sugar mommy! Come on, Yerim! Stop playing dumb! I’m your best friend for yearssss, spare me some details, will you? At least tell me, how you two met???”


That guy, Yang Jeongin. Put his arms back on the chair. His chin on top of his arms again.

A little information about him tho, basically, he is Yerim’s bestest friend. After Yeojin, of course. But since Yeojin somehow like she doesn’t even exist right now. So, yeah. Yerim and Jeongin are childhood friends. Their house were next to each other until Yerim moved, when they were eleven. And then, fate let them meet again. In this school. Somehow, they always ended up in the same class. Also with Yeojin. Yerim just meet Yeojin when she attends high school tho. And yeah.. they’re on their third year of high school, now.

And.. let’s put this aside, since Yerim eventually realize there’s a misunderstanding between them. Like..


“Wait.. hold on.. I think you misunderstood, we’re just friends..”


It coming clearly from Yerim’s lips. But Jeongin just raised an eyebrow over that. Questioning.


“Friends? All this moody act of you and you tell me that the two of you are just friends?“


“Yes! We’re just friends. Me and the owner of the blue car. But the one that left me on read is another person. And before you misunderstand it again. No. We also just friends. It just..”


Yerim try to explain, before Jeongin get the wrong idea again. Yerim know, Jeongin must be thought the owner of the deep blue car and the one that leave her on read are the same person. So, she continues. Spare him some details.


“We met up, yesterday. The three of us.. umm.. let’s call the blue car owner by J.. wait.. they have the same initial letter— I mean! Let’s call the blue car owner by Blue. And the one who doesn’t reply to me yet, by Red”


“I don’t understand why we need code name. But, okay..”


Jeongin state, almost immediately after Yerim. Nodding to himself, gaze at Yerim. Signaling Yerim to continue


“Okay.. so we met up, yesterday. The three of us. We just became friends recently. And yeah.. It was just a casual lunch tho? Chill and talk?”


Yerim sounds hesitant over her own words. Kinda unsure. But, Jeongin just nod at her. Makes her wondering if Jeongin somehow notice how she somewhat lying, or not. But never mind, she thought. She can’t tell Jeongin what’s actually happened tho. And this moment also reminds her of Jiwoo.

The way she also lied to that pure, kind, bright girl..


‘God, Choi Yerim..’


She mentally hit her own head. But try to keep her composure on the outside. Telling herself to shrugged those thoughts off at this moment. Continue her story, whether it will help her or not.


“So after that, Blue drove me home, and we parted. Red told us to text her when we get home. I did. Blue did. We text Red. Red read it almost immediately. But she doesn’t reply to our text since then. She even left our group chat??”


Okay. Something is fishy. This actually help Yerim. Especially to realize something she thought was nothing a moment ago. Indeed, Jungeun had left their group chat last night. Out of sudden. And it was the time when Yerim text her personally. She is not sure about Jinsoul tho. But for sure, Jungeun left the group after read her message. Like.. what happened?? Did she say, or do something wrong??

But even though she did say, or do something wrong. It's not like Jungeun at all. Rather to suddenly disappear somehow cutting the ties. Jungeun is the person that rather face the problem and solve it in the best way.


‘Something is off..’


Yerim thought. Try to think of possible reason that can make Jungeun act this way. Does it have something to do with how Jinsoul unconsciously hurting them yesterday? It doesn’t sounds like a good reason tho. At least for Yerim. But she is not sure she know Jungeun that well tho, so there’s a possibility. And before Yerim can think any further, Jeongin’s voice cut her train of thought. Successfully pull Yerim back to reality,


“Okay.. that’s strange. I’m about to say, maybe she’s busy or she just forgot to reply. But left a group chat? Man.. what’s wrong with her? Did you get yourself a toxic friend??”


Yeah. Jeongin got the points. This is strange. It will makes sense if Jungeun only left them on read. Jungeun probably feel too tired when she got home. Fell asleep after read their message. But left the group chat? Something is totally not right. And—


“No need to call her toxic! She is nice, and kind, even though she is stubborn sometimes! But she is a good person! I agree there’s might be something wrong with her. Cause, this is not something Jung—Red will do at all! And—“


“Okay, calm down. Why don’t you just go to her house and check on her? Since I just know that, Red is older than you. Just in case? I mean she probably overslept, and maybe she accidentally press a left button? Who knows?”


It coming smoothly from Jeongin’s lips, even with those uncertainties visible in his voice. Cut Yerim’s words in the process. But later, just by the words, Yerim’s face suddenly lit up. Like she just found one and only treasure in the world.

Why she didn’t even think of that before????


“YANG JEONGIN! YOU ARE GENIUS!!”


“Well, thank you? I guess—“


“But.. I don’t know where she lives”


“.. ask Blue—“


“I’ll ask Haseul! She must be know where Jungeun lives!”


“Well, whatever works for you..”


And with that Jeongin smile to himself, turn around once he heard the bell ringing. Leaving Yerim by herself, smile from ear to ear. Knowing she won’t have to worry any longer about Jungeun, she decided to reach for her phone in her skirt pocket. Just to found herself startle once her phone suddenly vibrate the time she grab it.

Pull it almost immediately, there’s a slight hope and curiosity suddenly appears in Yerim’s chest, as she bring her phone to her sight. Press the lock to lit up the screen, Yerim can see there’s a new notification there. And once she read it, she feel her heart sink the next second. But later, she slap her own forehead. Realize how she is too immersed with Jungeun’s weird act, to forget about this particular person.


Nice. I’ll see you there soon, Choi Yerim.


Ha Sooyoung. She gotta meet up with that girl after school.


‘God.. Choi Yerim..’


Well, at least they’re gonna meet up in The Carol tho. Yerim still got the chance to ask Haseul where Jungeun lives. It’s a win-win for her.

For now.


———


“Okay! Let’s take a break, fifteen minutes!”


Those words echoing in the whole studio. Earn a relief sigh from most of the staffs, the photographer and the model herself.

Jung Jinsoul.


“May I see the results?”


“Oh yeah, sure”


The staff nod. Get up from his seat just to let Jinsoul take the chair. Gulping by how awkward the atmosphere is, the staff decided to walk away and leave Jinsoul by herself. Monitoring those pics, the photographer took earlier.

Clicking onto the next pic, Jinsoul just stay quiet as her gaze fixed on the pics of herself in the monitor. It looks good enough in her opinion, with her hair mostly on her side, and white blouse. She feel satisfied. Hoping it will get a good reaction from the public and her fans, since it will put into the one of the famous magazine in Korea. Along with the interview session after this photoshoot.


“As expected from Goddess Jinsoul”


It coming into her ears, out of sudden. Makes her immediately look up, find Vivi standing next to her, putting her palm on the desk as support, gaze fixed on the monitor. Along with that sweet smile.


“I thought you are in the company..”


Jinsoul state, take her gaze off of Vivi. Just to fixed it back on the monitor


“I was about to go there, but I remember you have photoshoot today. So I came, just to check on you”


Vivi reply. Almost immediately, as her gaze move to Jinsoul for a split of second. Spare the latter a quick glance. Just to notice Jinsoul slowly turn to her. Raising an eyebrow. Wondering about those words that just coming from her.


“Nam Chunhee..”


That name coming smoothly from Vivi’s lips later. As she absolutely notice that questioning look from Jinsoul. And just after she heard the name, Jinsoul just rolled her eyes. Shaking her head and move her gaze back to the monitor.


“You know you don’t have to worry, Vivi. I’ll be fine by myself”


“I know, but somehow she went too extreme these days. And.. it’s kinda strange, I don’t see her around..”


Vivi turn her head, scanning the whole studio with her gaze. Try to find that particular girl. But to her surprise, she can’t find her. Usually that Nam Chunhee will be only a few meters away from Jinsoul. Or at least, far enough, but her gaze will fixed fully on Jinsoul.

But strangely, not today. Somehow that Nam Chunhee is nowhere to be found. Even the sight is weird enough for Jinsoul herself.

Where's that girl go?


“Well, either way, it’s good. I also just want to give you, your eyepatch. Just in—“


Those words got cut by Vivi herself. Feeling a vibration in her blazer pocket. Immediately, she pull her phone out. Bring it into her sight. Just to see there’s a call, ringing, showing on her screen.


“Yeah, hello?”


Vivi pick up the call, greeting. A frowned on her face. She recognized the name on her phone screen earlier as the staff from their company that she will meet soon. 

And yeah they will meet soon, so why the staff suddenly call her? Is there something happened? Something emergency? Since the staffs company usually never really give her a call. Especially the one that not really close to her. Unless..


“I apologize to call you so sudden, Ms. Wong. But, I’ve been having trouble to get in contact with Kim Lip. And the press is already here”


Yes. It have something to do with her. And yet, the frowned is getting clearer on her face after she heard those words


“What do you mean you having trouble get in contact with her?”


Vivi state, kinda cold. Pulling her hand off of the desk just to cross it on her chest. Let it support her other hand that hold her phone next to her ear. Checking the time on her watch. She found that she still have time, around forty minutes before the press meeting officially start.


“I.. I try to call her and text her. But she didn’t answer, and I try to call her again a moment ago. But it said that the number can’t be reached..”


That coming kinda weak from the staff. Makes Vivi immediately raise an eyebrow over that. And it’s not because the tone that staff used to, but those words.


“So.. you’re telling me, Kim Lip didn’t answer your calls on purpose?”


There’s a visible annoyance in Vivi’s words when she said this. Immediately earn a questioning look from Jinsoul, who decided to take her eyes off of the monitor once she heard the name. Staring at Vivi absolutely in wonder as she can see how Vivi now bring her hand to massage her temples. Looks frustrated.


“I apologize in advance Ms. Wong. But honestly, I’m not sure. Maybe her phone just died?”


It coming unsure from the staff. Makes Vivi sigh. She never expected Jungeun being this kind of person. But Vivi also found herself not dare enough to judge Jungeun at this exact moment.

The last time she judge Jungeun, she ended up knowing Jungeun’s trauma. So maybe, there’s something more instead? Something more deeper, behind this somehow rebel act?


“Alright. Check Kim Lip’s profile. Send me her address. I’ll try to go and get her. Also, makes sure to handle the press and buy enough time. In case we can’t be there on time”


“Yes mam”


And with that, Vivi ended the call. Tapping her phone on her forehead as she bite her lower lip. Try to find a good reason to tell the press, in case she and Jungeun indeed can’t make it on time later.

But, there’s nothing come into her mind.


“What happened?”


It successfully pull Vivi out of her mind. Meeting Jinsoul’s eyes that stare directly into hers the next second.


“Ah.. it’s Jungeun. You know today is her first press meeting, right? Unfortunately, she didn’t answer the call, and press already there. It will start less in forty minutes. I have no choice but to get her as soon as possible. God, I hope she just overslept or something”


Vivi wish. Quietly hoping Jungeun just missed all these calls, and actually on her way to the company but forgot to charge her phone, and that’s why the last call didn’t go through.

Cause, in Vivi’s opinion.. avoiding calls, just doesn’t sounds like Jungeun at all.


“Alright. I gotta go. See you later, Jinsoul”


It coming immediately from Vivi’s lips. Just after she feel her phone vibrate. Makes her quickly bring her phone to her view, swipe on the notification. Opening the message, and read it slightly while she turn around. She is about to step away, leaving the studio. But, even before she took her second steps, a hand grab her arm. Prevent her to go.


“.. Jinsoul?”


Vivi questioning. Kinda feel taken aback as she turn her head, just to found Jinsoul gripping on her arm. Giving her a look that somehow unreadable. But later, Vivi can hear a click in her mind, once she notice there’s a worried slightly visible in Jinsoul’s eyes. And somehow it’s enough for Vivi to understand that complicated gaze Jinsoul give her.


“Don’t worry. I’ll update you soon about Jungeun”


Vivi smile sweetly. Bring her thumb to rub softly on Jinsoul’s back of hand. Staring right into those eyes that still giving her the same look. But, Jinsoul still stay silent. Even after Vivi slowly take Jinsoul’s hand off of her arm. Jinsoul still stay silent, nothing coming from her lips. But somehow, Vivi kinda understand what Jinsoul’s gaze try to tell her. Even though Vivi somehow wonder..

Why there’s fear visible in those eyes?


“Good luck Jinsoul! I’ll call you later!”


Vivi shout, waving to Jinsoul that just nod slightly to her. Curving a tiny smile on her face as she watch Vivi walking out of the studio. Leaving her there by herself. Slowly staring down on her palm. Staring at the eyepatch which Vivi still manage to give it to her before she leave.

But, even though her gaze fixed on the eyepatch. Her mind start to wandering. The feeling start to form inside of her. It started to bother her.

Again.


“Your eye still hurts?”


That voice suddenly coming into her ear. Filling the air around. Makes her slowly looking up, just to found that girl standing right next to her. Nam Chunhee.

But still, nothing’s come from her as she looking down the next second. Not even bother to respond to that girl that just can raise an eyebrow at her. Watching how she slowly get up from her seat, the time the staff announced their break is over already. Putting that eyepatch into her pocket, Jinsoul walk away. Without any words.

The feeling is bothering her.


———


In the other side of the city. That exact coffee shop. The Carol. It looks busy like usual. Except, it’s only Haseul, serving from behind the counter. Professionally make those orders, managing the coffee shop by herself.

Jiwoo isn’t there to help her today, since the younger have classes til evening. But, it seems like it’s not a big deal for Haseul, cause she looks as calm and composed as usual. Also, it’s almost the time til Jiwoo finish her classes tho. So, Haseul will get her break soon.


“Here’s your order. Please enjoy”


Haseul state. Full of manner, giving the customer one of her most polite smile as she watch how the customer nod her head, walk away with the order. Take a seat on the corner and start to sipping on her coffee once she sit.

Seeing that, Haseul just smile to herself. Feeling satisfied, and start to be busy again behind the counter. Quietly wonder, since it’s the first time she see that customer in her coffee shop. But later, she shrugged it off, the same time as the bell ringing. Telling her there’s another customer just coming.


“Welcome to The Carol—“


Haseul look up, just to cut her own words midway when she see that familiar girl. With purple uniform, quickly walking towards the counter. Slide onto one of the chair.


“Haseul!”


“Yerim!”


Haseul greet back immediately. Return that beaming smile with her motherly smile as she see how Yerim slowly start to look around. Scanning the whole coffee shop, seems like searching for someone in particular. Until her gaze landed on the customer that sit in the corner.

The customer Haseul just served a moment ago.


“Oh, she’s here already..”


That slipped out of Yerim’s lips. Makes Haseul that absolutely hear that, immediately raising her eyebrow. Following Yerim gaze the next second, Haseul let her gaze fixed on that customer for a split of seconds. Til her gaze back again to Yerim.


“You know her?”


“Um, yeah? A friend?”


Yerim sounds unsure. Earn a questioning look from Haseul. But later, Haseul decided to drop it as she start to make Yerim’s order. Just after the younger let her know what she wants to have at that moment tho.

And while wait patiently, Yerim occasionally glance towards that particular customer. Her head is buzzing for a few seconds. But eventually she make up her mind.

Making sure there’s no other customer waiting behind, Yerim gaze now fixed on Haseul that still busy making her order.


“Haseul, may I know where Jungeun lives?”


It coming from Yerim. Sounds too polite to Haseul knowing. And it fully catch Haseul attention, as she look up. Frowned.


“Sure, Yerim. I’ll send you the address after this, okay?”


Haseul state. Let the frown disappeared from her face. Replaced by a smile the next second. It immediately earn a nod from Yerim. And by that, Haseul not sure. Somehow, she feel there’s something off.


“Is there something wrong?”


Eventually, Haseul decided to asked. Her tone is calming somehow, as she also decided to busy herself again. Continue making Yerim’s order. Focusing on it, instead of spare Yerim some glance. She makes sure she doesn’t give Yerim any pressure to answer the question, in case Yerim doesn’t want to talk about it.


“Um.. it just.. Jungeun haven’t reply to my text. I try to call her, before I get here. But, it said the number can’t be reached”


It coming kinda weak from Yerim. While in the other hand, Haseul can’t help but give Yerim a questioning look. Wondering. Until her gaze back again to the drink that she make.


“How come? Did you two fight?”


“No. We’re good.. it just.. somehow she like avoiding us?”


“Us?”


Again, Yerim fully get Haseul attention. As Haseul can’t help but to stop whatever she doing and stare at Yerim. Asking the details through her gaze.


“Yeah, us. We met up yesterday. Me, Jinsoul and Jungeun”


And with that Haseul found herself nod over the words, start to busy herself again as that tiny smile slowly curve on her face. Actually, Haseul was thinking there’s something bad happened. But it seems like, it wasn’t a big deal.


“Oh wow.. you hanged out with famous people. I see..”


It coming teasingly from Haseul the next second, makes Yerim widened her eyes in disbelief. Absolutely didn’t see that coming.


“That’s not what I mean!”


Yerim exclaimed. Bump the side of her fists, not so hard on the counter. Earnings a soft laugh from Haseul, that already finish making the drink.

Carefully put it in front of the younger, Haseul can see how Yerim pout at her. Glaring.


“Alright, kid. Don’t take me seriously. I was just joking”


Haseul smile sheepishly. But Yerim still glare at her, let out the ‘hmph’ sound, a second before she decided to take a sip of her drink. Witnessing that, Haseul just grin. Until she notice how Yerim glance to that particular customer again.

Then in the next second, Yerim’s gaze is back to Haseul. The glare from earlier is gone. But Haseul act like she didn’t see anything, as she pull her phone out of her apron pocket. Scrolling on it to find Yerim’s contact.


“Well.. if I’m not mistaken. Jungeun have scheduled today. I think it’s press meeting or something..”


Haseul start. Reminding Yerim, just in case the younger forgot. And maybe, it’s actually why Jungeun haven’t reply to Yerim’s text, yet? Haseul thought, while typing on her phone screen. A second before she hit send and putting her phone back into her apron pocket.

Looking up, Haseul see Yerim pull her own phone from her skirt pocket. And by the sight, Haseul assume Yerim had received her message.


“Yeah, I know Jungeun have schedule today. But I sent her those text last night tho? And she left me on read.. well not only me, Jinsoul too”


Okay. That eventually sounds strange to Haseul as she stare at Yerim that look down on her phone screen. Opening the message she sent earlier. And, to be honest.. those words also makes Haseul feel taken aback.

Like, Jungeun? Left someone on read? Well, of course Jungeun might possibly do that. But this is Yerim?? Haseul not sure about Jinsoul tho. Like how close Jungeun and Jinsoul are. But at least, Haseul know how close Jungeun and Yerim.

And knowing that Jungeun left Yerim on read, just sounds so wrong to her. Jungeun looks like she can’t even say no to Yerim. Or resist Yerim in general.

But this? Ignored the text? And somehow not answering the call?


“Do you want me to check on her?”


Something is totally not right.


———


“Okay. Enough for today. See you next time”


It echoing around the room. Following by those noises of students getting up from their seat. Also footsteps as they immediately leave the classroom just after the professor left them.

And among all of those students, there’s Jiwoo. Still sitting on her seat. Seems like not even planning to leave soon as her things still on the desk. Her gaze glued on the phone on her hand.


‘Should I go to her house?’


Jiwoo questioning herself. Just after she found that Jungeun haven’t read her newest message. While the message above that, have been marked as read. But there’s no reply. Jungeun not even answer her call.


“Sorry, the number you’re calling can not be reached. Please—“


“Fine! I’ll go!”


Jiwoo exclaimed. Ended the call, and cut that voice in her phone. Immediately gather her things into her bag. Putting her tongue on her inner cheek. She feel kinda annoyed by the voice earlier as it absolutely tell her that Jungeun’s phone is rather die or what, since she didn’t hear those dial sounds like the previous call.

And once Jiwoo looking up, she realize she is alone in the classroom. The silence greet her. Makes her annoyance get raised a bit somehow.


“I can’t believe I use my power just because of this..”


Jiwoo sigh, facepalmed. That shining halo above her head slowly disappeared. Vanishing into thin air as she look up, watching it quietly. Til it disappeared completely the next second.

Sigh again, Jiwoo start to look around. Frowned once she notice how she ended up in an unknown alley. She sure enough she teleport herself to arrived next to Jungeun’s house a moment ago. But..

She missed?


“At least.. it’s nearby..”


Jiwoo comforting herself. Shrugged the fact that she had missed, once she walk out of the unknown alley. Finding that house a few meters away from her.

But later, a frown, again, appeared on her face. As she walking towards the house. Noticing there’s two cars parked in front of it. She recognized one of the cars. The car that absolutely belong to—


“Haseul??”


Her boss.
 

“Jiwoo???”


That coming immediately after Jiwoo called the name. Furrowing her brows as she stepped into the room that she know as Jungeun’s room.

For a split of second, Jiwoo feel hesitant as she see another person standing beside Haseul. But once the person turn to her, Jiwoo can’t help but frowned even more.


“Vivi??”


It slipped out of her lips, once her gaze meet with Vivi that looks as confused as her.


“Jiwoo?”


“What you two doing here? Where’s Jungeun?”


Jiwoo start, walking towards them as she absolutely notice that strange air somehow filling the room. She can feel there’s something is wrong, especially after she found how the front door was wide open earlier. Giving her a fully access to enter the house. But after she found Haseul inside, she feel relaxed. She know Haseul know the password of Jungeun’s house.

But still..


“That’s also.. our question..”


Why they’re here?


———


“You sure you’re okay?”


“What do you mean?”


Yerim look up. Staring at that girl that sit across of her. Sipping her coffee peacefully on her seat.


“Staying here. You also worry about your friend, right?”


That girl state calmly. Putting her cup of coffee on the table. While in the other hand, Yerim just stay quiet. Staring down at the apple on her palms.

There’s only the two of them in The Carol. After Haseul left and basically close the coffee shop. With the ‘I will check on Jungeun. You can stay and chat with your friend. I’ll be back soon’. Then left. Absolutely leaving Yerim with that girl alone. But, it’s a good thing tho. Since it will be easier for Yerim to talk with that girl, about this magical things. Like the apple.


“It’s fine. It’s better be her..”


Yerim state, suddenly remembered how Haseul and Jungeun are childhood friend. If there’s something happened to Jungeun. Yerim sure, Haseul will know what to do. There’s nothing to worry, Yerim thought, while bringing the apple to the air.

There’s no bitten mark on it. But Yerim had seen how that apple made from the air that centered on that girl palm. Turned into a smoke like energy, then turn into an apple a few moments ago.


“I see..”


It coming from that girl. Makes Yerim glance at her so slightly. Before her gaze back to the apple. Spin it around in her palm. Then somehow, the apple slipped off of her hand. It surprised her as she try to catch it before it hit the table. But..

The apple never hit the table.


“.. Who.. actually you are?”


Yerim look up. Widened her eyes in disbelief. Staring straight at that girl that just smile over the words. She can see how Yerim frozen on her seat. The apple is nowhere to be seen on the table.

It’s on that girl hand. Coming back to her with that smoke like air appears out of sudden, once Yerim accidentally drop it.


“Well..”


That girl started, staring at the apple as she bring it to the air. Spare Yerim a glance. That girl just smile as she found Yerim attention is fully on her. She continue to bring the apple to her lips. Leave a bite on it. Before she spread her arm towards Yerim. Staring right into Yerim’s eyes.


“Ever heard of Eve and the Forbidden Fruit?”


She lift the side of her lips. Tilting her hand to the side and let the apple fall from her palm. Vanishing into the air, just to fall from the ceiling the next second. Fall from that smoke kinda portal thingy, and land on Yerim’s hand that immediately catch it out of reflex.


“I’m Yves. Descendants of Eve..”


It coming too smooth from her lips. As she move her gaze from the bitten apple that on Yerim’s hand to Yerim’s eyes. Finding how Yerim widened her eyes in surprise, confusion, and wonder. Yerim still lost, but she realize something.


“Yves? Descendants of Eve? Wait.. does that mean.. Yves that you once asked me. It’s you? You actually asked me if I actually know.. the real you?”


“Bingo..”


That girl smile, leaning back on her seat. While Yerim just stare at her. It’s too much information to her. So.. it’s real? Eve? The Forbidden Fruit? It’s real?? Does that place.. existed? Heaven?


“If you wonder if Heaven existed. Yes it’s existed. But it’s not like what people in Earth think. It called Eden.. but we personally call it Hell”


That girl state calmly. As if like she can read what’s in Yerim’s head, while sipping her now cold coffee. But in the other hand, that’s not what makes Yerim feel taken aback.

Not how that girl somehow read her mind. But the ‘we’ in her words.


“.. we?”


Yerim decided to asked. Didn’t expect it will somehow makes that girl flinch on her seat. It seems like Yerim strike some nerve of that girl tho. Somehow.


“.. Doesn’t matter..”


Yerim did strike some nerve. She can see that. Even though that girl looks so calm, keeping her composure. Yerim still can see how her eyes somehow turn dark. There’s sadness there.


“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to”


Yerim lowered her head. Feel guilty as she rub her thumb on the apple on her hand. But nothing come immediately from that girl except a sigh.


“Don’t worry, Yerim..”


That girl finally said, try to convincing Yerim that it’s fine. It’s not Yerim's fault. Even though her mind start to spinning. Even though she start to feel scared. Feeling like a failure since the time she realizes the apple she sent, were missed. Those apple never reach them. And if she know this will happen..

She would never bring them to escape with her in the first place.


“Actually, they’re my friends”


That girl decided to just say it. She feel like she can trust Yerim. She feel like Yerim is not that kind of person that will think she is weird or something. Since anything that will coming from her soon absolutely will be hard to be accepted by Earth people. Most of them.


“I told you that Heaven existed, right? Well, Eden. There’s living things there. Earth people call us, angels. How funny, since Eden it’s actually an imitation of Earth. And we’re not angels. At least not like those kind of angels you know. We’re not always kind. We have feelings, almost the same like human. It just we are a bit different..”


That girl pause her words. Taking a deep breath as she glance to Yerim that seems so focused. Listening to every single of her words. The sight is amusing to her, somehow.


“Eden is not like what you think. It’s not about joy and happiness. It’s Hell. They expect you to be perfect. Never do wrong. Never sinned. Always obey. They force you to be like what they want. And I’m sick of it. So I went to Earth a few times. Earth is horrible place but Eden is the worst. So I decided to escape. I brought them with me. But..”


That girl shut her eyes for a moment. Those images from the past start to spinning in her head. Those faces start to appear in her mind.


“It seems like they never arrived”


And that one face, standing out the most.

That smiley face.


“.. Thank you for today, Yerim”


“I didn’t do anything tho?”


They walking towards the front door of the coffee shop as Yerim state. Frowned. Confused written all over her face. They decided to call it a day a while ago. Since that girl remember how Yerim was so worried about her friend earlier.

And when she turn to Yerim. She can see there’s a confusion still on Yerim’s face. The sight is amusing to her. Even after they’re outside the coffee shop. That girl can’t help but laugh. Finding Yerim face is so cute at the moment.


“Geez, Yerim. You just have no idea how you help me”


That girl said, bring her hand to Yerim’s head. In all honesty, Yerim did help her. Somehow, Yerim successfully lift that invisible pressure she have no idea were there until she tell Yerim her story.

Maybe, she just need someone to talk. She have no idea. But one thing for sure, she feel thankful as she find herself rubbing Yerim’s hair. And somehow that particular image come into her mind. She is no longer see Yerim, in her vision.

But that dark haired girl. 


‘.. Hye?'


She feel taken aback.


“I think I’ll go now. You sure, you okay by yourself?”


“You don’t have to worry! I’ll be fine by myself!”


Yerim state, beaming as that girl pull her hand off of Yerim’s hair. Curve a tiny smile on her face, she slowly put her hand into her pocket. Hiding her shaky hands from Yerim.


‘What was that?’


She questioned as she already far enough from The Carol. Driving, with those images playing like a broken record in her mind.


‘What was that?!’


She quickly step on the brake. Still manage to catch that red light with how buzzing her mind is. Still manage to prevent herself from the possible accident that might involve her.

If only she late even a second.


“Damn.. Yves..”


She state under her breath. Putting her head on the wheel. She sigh heavily. Before she throws herself back on her seat. Try to calm down.


“Get ahold of yourself..”


She told herself. Glance to the street ahead of her. Watching those people walking. Crossing the street.

At the first glance, there’s nothing special about that. Until her gaze meet with that stranger girl in the crowd. Staring back at her, while she frowned. And once she see that stranger girl lift the side of her lips. She can’t help but raised one of her eyebrow. Kinda judging. Til, she feel her breath suddenly got stuck in .

That stranger girl’s eyes.. it suddenly turn red. 


‘No way..’


And just by the sight, she can’t help but to widened her eyes in disbelief. Her gaze glued on that stranger girl that just simply walk away.

Slowly lose from her sight, she just can frozen on her seat. Feeling too shock, until the sounds of the horn behind her car can be heard. Forcefully pulled her back to reality. Successfully startled her, makes her immediately get her composure back. Drive away, even though she feel her body start to shaking so hard.


‘It’s coming..’


Her breath became unsteady. Those images start to rushing into her mind. Messed up her concentration. Realizing something that she hope it just in her mind.

Hope it just a lie. The what if..


‘What if.. the apocalypse it’s actually my fault?’


It coming into her mind. Cause she absolutely know..

She is the one who left her behind, at that time.


———


“Haseul?”


It coming from Yerim. Questioning. She been sit beside Haseul since the latter fetch her at the coffee shop a few moments ago. Leaving her in confusion as Haseul only told her to immediately get inside the car. But there’s no explanation followed. Especially about this heavy air between them.


“What happened?”


Yerim try again. Facing Haseul. And to be honest, Yerim start to feel scared about whatever it is. Once she see Haseul gritted her teeth in nervous. She looks so anxious. Yerim doesn’t understand.


“Haseul—“


“Yerim.. insert the address to where you three met up yesterday”


Eventually, Haseul let out her voice. But those words confusing Yerim even more. And before she can even asked what for, Haseul beat her. Telling her that one thing that immediately explain everything.


“Jungeun is nowhere”


———


“Jinsoul where are you going?!”


That voice coming from behind her. Echoing in the studio, but she just ignored it. Her mind is spinning. Her ears is buzzing. She almost can’t hear any voices and noises around her. But she doesn’t even care as she grab her purse, her jacket, and the car key.


“Jinsoul! Wait!”


She won’t wait. She can’t. And she doesn’t want to.


“Did you do anything?”


“What do you mean?”


“.. it’s Jungeun..”


The conversation between her and Vivi through the phone earlier come into her mind. Replaying itself in her head.


“She is nowhere. Her friends even searched for her. And Haseul told me you were with her and Yerim yesterday. Did something happen?”


“.. I don’t know.. where are you right now?”


“In her house. I’ll gotta go to company s—“


“Send me her address, Vivi”


The elevator door open in front of her. Makes her immediately step outside, arriving at the basement


“.. Jinsoul..”


“I finish my schedule, don’t worry. Just send me the address”


“That’s not what I—“


“Please Vivi..”


She get inside the car, immediately after she found it. Press the button to start the engine. She turn to the small screen next to the dashboard. Inserting the address from her phone.


“Jinsoul!”


She hear a loud bump from the front car. Makes her slowly look up just to find that girl. Breath heavily after running so hard, try to catch up with her. But she just stare at her, emptily.


“Jinsoul, where are you going? Why you so hurry? Look, I’ll get you there, okay? Just sit on the side. Let me drive—“


She have no time for this.


“Drive.”


She step out of the car. Walking pass that girl while putting on her eyepatch. She know she will need it, as she slide into the passenger seat. Noticing how that girl frozen on her spot for a split of seconds.


“You change your password?”


She look up at that house. Shutting the car door behind her. It was quite a ride from the studio. But it doesn’t matter to her, as she walking towards the house. With those voices and images spinning in her head.

Those unknown memory.


“Yup! Take a guess..”


Is this even a memory?


“Are you serious? Move the way, then!”


Hers? She is not sure.


“You should have a stronger password..”


But she see herself in this.


“How could you???”


That blonde girl.


“Woah! What is this?! You use our birthdates as your password?!”


And that brunette girl.


“.. is this yours?”


“No..”


Its not. It’s not her memory.


“How could you know the password?”


“I just know..”


Whose memory is this?


“130410. Easy peasy..”


She push the door open. Just like what herself did in her mind. Walking inside. The house feels unfamiliar yet familiar to her.

What is this? Why those unknown images keep rushing inside her mind? What does this mean—


“Jinsol..”


She snapped. Turn around. But it’s not that blonde girl behind her. It’s not her.


“Jinsoul?”


“Put that knife down, Sol..”


She shut her eyes. Sigh, as she turn forward again. Back facing that girl that just can frowned at her. 


“Jinsoul? You okay?”


“Sol, it’s okay..”


That voice getting clearer in her head. But she try to shut it up. Grabbing her head tightly.

She hope it just disappeared. But why it’s getting clearer?


“Hey, Jinsoul—“


“DON’T TOUCH ME!”


“DON’T TOUCH ME!”


She feel a hand grab her arm. She also see someone grab her arm in her head. But the reality is a bit different than the images in her mind.

Once she slap the hand away. It’s not that blonde girl that on the floor. Instead, it’s that girl. Nam Chunhee. On the floor, grabbing her own chin. While in her mind, that blonde girl. Grabbing the side of her face. Blood start to cover her hand.

That blonde haired.. it start to turn brown.


“.. why you..”


She see in her mind, how the knife is on the floor. Blood over it. There’s a reflection there. It’s her. Messy hair, also blonde. And her left eye. It’s glowing. The circle. It’s not only blue.

It’s half red. Half blue.


“Why you..”


But in reality. There’s no knife. But a phone, laying helplessly on the floor. Between her and Chunhee. She recognized the phone. She saw it yesterday. She remembered the crack on the screen. And at the first glance, she know..

It’s Jungeun’s phone.


“Why you have Jungeun’s phone with you?”


The images suddenly disappeared from her mind. Without any trace. Replacing by nothing. But she feel her head start to spinning. Her jaw clenching.


“J-Jinsoul, it’s not like what you—“


“WHY YOU HAVE JUNGEUN’S PHONE WITH YOU?!”


She exclaimed. Looking straight into Chunhee eyes. Sharply, like it could kill Chunhee at that moment.

If only looks could kill.


“J-Jinsoul..”


Her ears start to buzzing. Her fists start to shaking. She lowered her head. Gritted her teeth. She can feel the rage inside of her. Her breath became unsteady.

But somehow, she failed to feel how the things around her start to shaking. The table, the chairs, those all start to shaking. Her left eye start to glowing. The blue circle behind the eyepatch. The whole room. The house is shaking. And she failed to notice that. Soon or later, she might just tear the house down.

Soon or later—


“Sol..”


That voice snapped her. Again. The realization strike, hit her. Pulling her back. The buzzing sounds start to die down. She can her heartbeat slowing down. Her heavy breath steadying. Then that thud can be heard, coming from her side. Makes her immediately turn just to see that small frame laying on the floor.

The glass is broken. Scattered around. And that picture, it caught her eyes. She recognized the girl in the middle of those adults. It’s Jungeun.

She have no time.


“JINSOUL!”


She run outside the house. Grabbed the phone from the floor in her way. Run and run. Without any direction. Leaving Chunhee in the house. She doesn’t even bother to look behind.

She keep looking forward. Until, that light hitting her eyes. It was the sunshine. It’s blinding. And she can’t help but to put her both hands to cover her eyes. She realize the day start to turn dark.

Twilight.


“Right behind..”


That voice. Again. It snapped her, makes her slowly look behind. In her mind, she can see there’s a girl behind her. Brown hair. Blue flannel. Black coat.

In her mind. That girl, curve a smile. Smiling at her. She can’t see the face clearly. But she notice there’s a scar on the cheek. A straight line, coming down from the left eye.

But, once she turn around. She see no one behind her. But a door. Another house. And this time. It’s totally feel unfamiliar to her.

She just teleport herself to somewhere—


“Thank you for your kindness Mrs. Lee! But I really have to go! My friends might be worried!”


The door suddenly pulled open. That voice can be heard. Getting clearer the time that door kind of out of her sight. Replacing by a girl that have bandages all over her face, bruises.

But even though that girl haven’t notice her yet. Haven’t spare her a glance, yet. She just know, it’s her. The blonde girl she been searching for.


“.. Jungeun..”


It coming too weak to her surprise. But, it seems like it’s enough for that girl to hear, as she watch how that girl slowly turn to her. Widened her eyes in disbelief once their gaze meet. And at that time, she also notice there’s another girl in the house. But she only focus on that girl.


“Jinsol? H-how’d you get here—“


She stepped towards that girl. Reaching out. Doesn’t even let that girl finish her words, she wrapped her arms around that girl neck. Pulling her closer. Deepening her face on the crook of the neck.

She never feel this relief to see her before.


“I found you..”


———


“Jungeun?”


The silence suddenly fill the room. That strange air hovering around. It feels so tense. Especially after she found that girl suddenly show up in her apartment, out of nowhere. Back facing her.


“Ms. Wong? Hello?? Ms. Wong—“


“I’ll call you later”


And with that she ended the call. Putting her phone back into her pocket blazer. Walking carefully towards that girl. Her gaze perfectly fixed on that girl that still back facing her. Looking up at those bookshelves, on her workroom.


“Jungeun.. is that you?”


She asked. Try to makes sure. Once she notice how different this girl than the Jungeun she knows.

Even though she absolutely see the face of that girl a few moments ago. She still kinda doubt it. She notice how this girl have a brown hair. This girl also wear a black coat, black boots, black jeans. And that blue flannel underneath. And the only thing that catches her eyes the most is—


“What happened to your face?”


That straight line of scar on the side of her face. Crossing her left eye.

And just by mentioning that. She hear a scoff coming from that girl. Just after she saw how that girl flinch over her words. Stopping her hand midway when she was about to reach the book from the shelves. Just to turn behind, so slightly.


“Everyone seems really curious about this, huh?”


Let the light of the sunset, shining on them. Getting through that full glass window on their sides. She can see how that girl slowly turn to her. Smile bitterly.


“I can’t blame them tho. Right, Vivi?”


Her name rolled smoothly on that girl tongue. As she also see how that girl fully face her now. Standing a few meters away from her. It's really her. It's really Jungeun. She feel that girl kinda different tho. But she can't help, but to feel that sudden rage quickly raised inside of her. The time that girl facing her.


“Where have you been? How’d you get— Never mind. Seriously where were you? You know what?! Everyone is worried! They’ve been searching for you! And you didn’t even answer the call and—“


“No need to worry. The other me is safe..”


It was totally unexpected. Coming smoothly from that girl lips. Successfully stopping Vivi on her track as she was walking towards that girl, quickly. About to slap her face, cause she felt like she was being fooled. It also feels like that girl been making everyone worry for nothing.

But, those words. Prevent her from doing that.


“.. Wait..”


What does that words even mean tho?


“.. the other you?”


What she mean by that?


“What do you mean?”


What is this about??


“Explaining to you right now will be such a waste of time, Vivi. And I have no time for that. I should go back to my timeline soon”


What is she talking about?


“Wait, wait, wait.. your timeline?? What do you mean?? Jungeun! If this some kind of joke, you better—“


“I don’t have time to joke, Vivi”


And with that, Vivi feel her breath get stuck in . Once her gaze stare directly into this girl’s eyes. Stare right on these circles that suddenly appear on both of her eyes.

Purple circle. Half red, half blue.


The Blue Circle, the places. The Red Circle, the time.


Out of sudden. So immediately, those words come into Vivi’s mind. The words she once read from that exact book a long time ago.


When The Blue and The Red come together, The Purple exist. The Purple Circle, the dimension.


The book Yves got her from Eden. And eventually. At this moment, she feel like she understands what those words mean. Once she realizes which book this girl reached from her shelves a few moments ago..


The Circles exist, before The Disaster.


It’s that book.


“Jungeun.. you..”


She doesn’t finish her words. She can’t. Even those words, surprisingly came out too shaky from her lips as she look up. Found that girl standing right in front of her. She have no idea since when that girl stand this close to her. But it doesn't matter, cause she can feel become dry. Just the time when she stare at those circles, glowing. Getting brighter everytime the second passed.


“You’ll understand, Vivi..”


And with those words. She felt her consciousness getting thinning. Out of sudden. Her vision became blurry. Her heart beating so fast. She scared. It's somehow terrifying. She began to lost her strength. Her feet start to give up on her. 

She about to collapse.


“.. J-Jungeun.. what you trying to..”


Again. She can't manage to finish her shaky words. She lost her consciousness. Collapsing to the floor the next second. But, before her body hit the hard floor. That hand catch her. Carefully, placing her body on the floor. Letting her laying down there, unconsciously.

For a few seconds, that girl just stare at her. Slowly get up. Turning to the bookshelves behind. That girl stare blankly at that exact book. That old book. Placed in the middle. While those mythological books on the sides. And just by the sight, that girl can't help but smile.


“You really trying hard to help Yves, huh? That explain why Haseul always get jealous of her”


That girl state into the silence. Looking down at the unconscious Vivi that laying helplessly on the floor. And just by seeing Vivi's face, that girl just smile to herself. As her gaze turn back to that particular book. A second before she see her vision start to glitching.

Absolutely knowing what the glitch means, she just smile bitterly. Staring down at her own palm that also start to glitching.


“The Bird that actually The Phoenix, The Black Swan..”


She whisper into the air. Clenched her fist. Looking up at that bookshelves again. She notice how it’s glitching to another view. The view that show her how those buildings start to falling over. She can see people are running around her, absolutely in panic. She also start to hear those screams around her. It’s getting clearer as her vision glitching even more between that bookshelves and the chaos.

Then, she raised her head. Looking up even more. Stare at the ceiling. It's also glitching. Showing her the sky above all those chaos. In that sky, she can see how those angels descended into the world. 


“.. The Innocent Deer.. and The Penguin"


She state one last time. Let her voice filled into the silence. Until she realize how her vision fully change. Until she notice how she fully back into her original timeline. Back to that chaos world she hope it will change.

Change into a better ending. Maybe, in this timeline.


———


“Mr. Edgar! I apologize but I have to go now! I have class!”


That girl grab her bag quickly, shoving her things into it. Makes that middle-aged man immediately raised his eyebrow. Staring at that girl who wearing her coat totally in rush before swinging her bag to her back, along with that drafting tube on her shoulder. And once he see that drafting tube, he can’t help but frowned.


“Wait, Heejin!”


He called the girl out. Stopping her midway, as she almost rush out of the room.


“Yes, Mr. Edgar?”


That girl turn around. Staring at that middle-aged man that staring at the painting not far from him. The painting she just finished a while ago.


“Do you leave this painting on purpose or..”


“Oh! Yeah! I leave it on purpose. I’ll come to get it later in the evening!”


That girl state, almost immediately. Makes that middle-aged man just nod over that.


“I see.. also one last question, since I remember I saw that girl with bangs in your See Saw painting. So I think it’s connected? What is this painting called? What’s the story? Of course, you can tell me later tho"


That middle-aged man asked. Smiling in understanding since he knows that girl is in rush. But once he turn to that girl, he found she just blinking her eyes. Her gaze turn to the painting. Looking at those details and feel amazed of it. Even though, she was the one who paint it. Somehow, those paintings never failed to amaze her. Along with the story its have.


“It's okay! I have time! Well.. This one called.. The Tangled Red Thread..”


She start. Suddenly see those people finally meet up in the other side of the world through her mind. And once she see that, she can’t help but curve a tiny smile on her face, seeing how these people hug that blonde girl tightly. Crying. She find the vision in her mind kinda amusing but understandable, somehow.


“Just like what it’s called.. it’s about an invisible thread that connects those who destined to meet. Despite the time, place and circumstances”


She state calmly. Kinda ignore how her mind still showing her what is happening to those people in the other side of the world. The next second, her mind show her how these people are no longer hug each other.

That house which is getting eat by the fire caught their attention. And just by seeing the vision in her mind, it makes her frowned slightly. But she shrugged it off as she try to focused on her painting.


“It’s also about confusion. Mixing feeling. The doubt. The fear. And the past that somehow hold them down. It’s also like.. they afraid of what they will face in the future..”


She manage to shake the vision off of her mind. Her gaze focusing on that one girl in her painting, then to another girl. It continues until her gaze stop on the fourth girl.

She paint those four girls laying side by side. Forming a circle, eyes closed, the red thread tied around their ring finger. While in the middle of the painting. There’s the fifth girl. Seems like walking away, with a broken clock that start to fixed itself above her. And under her, there’s a reflection of the sixth girl. She know the fifth and the sixth are basically the same person.

It just.. they're from different timeline.


“One of them try to fix everything. One of them feel overwhelmed. One of them feel like a failure. And one of them.. just doesn’t feel anything..”


She say the last words weakly. Her gaze fixed on that particular girl in the painting. The girl with pink haired as she decided to keep the details about the fifth and the sixth girls to herself. It's not like she doesn’t want to share tho. She just feels like, everything is still too vague. It’s still too blurry for her.


‘I know it’s about the time..’


She state to herself. Walking out of her university building while gripping on her drafting tube strap. Looking up at the sky that now start to turns dark. She turn to the left, walking while humming a random song. Feel a bit impatient to get to that room and start painting again.

Honestly, she have nothing in her mind to paint right now. But strangely, whenever she sit and face the empty canvas, her mind always full by images. Out of sudden. And sometimes, she have a hard time to choose which one she should paint onto the canvas.

Decision, decision..


“I wonder if Mr. Edgar still there..”


She whisper under her breath. Blowing her breath as she start to feel cold. Til she decided to put her hands deep into her pocket, she fasten her steps. Her mind suddenly show her that sleeping girl on her bed. Sleep peacefully in another side of the world. And just by seeing that vision in her mind, she can’t help but smile sweetly.

She can’t wait to meet that girl.


‘Just a few days more—‘


That cold breeze blow onto her. Cutting her words. Bringing that tense air along with it. Hovering around, as she notice how that strange air slowly filled the air around her. She feel off.


‘.. Something is not r—‘


Again. Before she can finish her words. The tense air around her somehow get heavier. Kinda suffocating. It confused her as she decides to look around.

Turn to her side. It was at that time she see that girl walking passed her. Dark haired. White oversized shirt. Black skirt. Ripped black stocking. Black shoes. Sharp eyes. Unbothered face. It feels like a slow motion when she glance at that girl that somehow glance back at her.


‘.. No way..’


And just by that, she feel becomes dry out of sudden. It’s even hard to swallow as her gaze glued on that girl that just keep on walking. Leaving her frozen on her spot.

She recognized that face. That girl. She absolutely recognized her.

The girl in her Egoist painting.


‘No way..’


It’s coming. The descendants of Lucifer. The next guardian of Eden. The next Cherubim.

She’s coming. The apocalypse.


———


“What will happen actually?”


The breeze blow. Blowing onto their hair, as she staring at that girl that back facing her. Seems not even bother to turn at her. Even if she asked that question.


“Even though I tell you.. you will forget, Yeojin..”


She open her eyes slowly. Finding herself alone in the middle of this wide field. She feel like she just dream. The dream that somehow feels so important to her.

But she can’t remember.


“What was that?”


She forgot. Everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

 

:)