IV

The Mirror; His Reflection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The bird chirps in the morning. I wake up, finding myself alone. I look around and see that Baekhyun’s belonging is here, right next to me, as if he’s trying to remind that he is not leaving me, that maybe he left for things nearer for a while. I push away the blanket, taking my time as I head back to the river nearer.

 

I squat down and stare at the fish. I guess they only glow at night because they look normal when the sun is up. I extend my hand and dip my hand inside, letting the cold water embraces my hand.

 

“Want to join me?” I look to my right, looking at Baekhyun who is holding onto a bow. “Since when did you have that?” I get up take a closer look at the bow. “This look expensive” I said before changing my gaze toward him.

 

“...Are you rich?”

 

“Hunting is my hobby, I would need a good bow to hunt” He explains and I just shrugged it off. “What are we looking for?”

 

“Wild chickens, maybe a deer if we are lucky”

 

“I don’t think I can handle seeing a dead.. deer” I frowned as I follow his step from behind. “--but I’m ok with chicken, sounds good to me”

 

He smirked, “Someone’s hungry”

 

 

 

 

 

We hide behind a big root of a really, really tall tree. Not far from us is a couple of wild chickens. “Want to try first?” He ask.

 

“-and lost the chance of eating those chicken? No, after you” I shook my head as he turn to the target, pulling onto the arrow. I stare at how cool he look right now. He closes one of his eyes, taking a few seconds before shooting two arrows at both of the chicken. I gasped at how good his skills are.

 

“I thought you’re going to shoot only one-”

 

“Thought you could eat a whole chicken for yourself” He said, satisfied at his own skill. He extended his hand, passing over the bow to me. “Want to try now?”

 

 

 

 

We stand in a wider space, right in front of a tall tree in which Baekhyun thought might be a good place for me to try shooting the arrow for the first time. “Pull” He said and I follow as how he did just now. “Careful” He remind and I take a few second, before letting go of the arrow.

It so fast, but is nowhere near my target. I pout before turning to Baekhyun. He shook his head in disappointment before coming over and grab the bow. “Your right hand supposed to be here, and the other” He said while leading my hand to the right places.

I hold onto my breath when his hand reaches mine. Perhaps I am the only one who feel it this way.

 

“Are you listening?”

 

“No”

 

He sigh at my answer, “What’s important is trust. Tell yourself you can shoot the arrow at the target. Try it, stay focus at the target”

 

I finally breath once he parted away from me.

 

Following his instruction, I closes one of my eyes, looking at the target and mumble the word trust to myself before letting go of the arrow once again. My eyes widened seeing the arrow stuck on the tree branch. It is not the target- but near enough. “Did you see that?!” I said, jumping up and down before Baekhyun stop me by grabbing my hand. His face written with concern as he look down on my bleeding hand.

 

“Ah!” I only realized it hurt when he pull me toward the river.

 

“Did I not tell you to be careful?” He said sternly. He help me cleaned up my bleeding hand and sigh, “This is going to leave a scar”

 

“It’s okay.. I dont mind that” I mumbled.

 

“Whats good in that? To remember that once you’re in pain?”

 

I smiles, he finish up by wrapping my hand with some cloth. “It will remind me of you” I said as he tied it gently, trying not to hurt me in any way.

 

 

Perhaps, one day, when these dreams ended, the moments we shared right now..

I will be able to remember it all, right?

 

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

 

“Nothing”

 

 

“Then stop staring at me”

 

 

He then leave to get the chicken ready. “We are going off to a pretty long journey. Eat as much as you can” He said and I just nod.

 

 

 

 

 

We head off through the forest once we finish our lunch. I could hear the thunder from afar and concerned that it might rain anytime soon, but Baekhyun doesnt look like he care at all. He keep going on deeper into the forest.

“Uh I think its going to rain” I said. “There’s a hut not far from here” He simply said. Now I realized he have been in a rush since t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter