We Are a Team

The J Agents

“Welcome back, agents!” Director Park exclaimed in delight.  When he looked at the small group that returned, his smile fell.  “B-boA-ssi?!?  What happened to your J Agents?  What happened to the other members of SM?  Where’s Junho and Junsu?!?!”  BoA sat on the couch that was in the director’s room.  Several J Agents came in the room to tend to the returning agents’ wounds.

“Jonghyun, Xiah, and others,” BoA said as she winced.  The ointment and bandage application stung her arm.  “Including Lee Junho and Kim Junsu died.  They weren’t able to make it out.  Junsu on one hand killed off three in a single shot, but sacrificed his life to bomb the entire corridor.  Junho died trying to protect.  I’m proud with your agents as much as I am proud of mine.”  Director Park’s face went pale and tears welled in his eyes.  “I’m sorry,” BoA continued.  “I promised that I will be in charge and we will return safely.  Forgive me, Director Park.”

“No,” Director Park said.  He looked away and brought a hand to his face.  “No, it’s alright.  Going on a dangerous mission like that without a death or more is unlikely.  But I’m glad that some of you got out, Miss Fei is still here, and Jia is back.”  Jia tried to smile through saddened eyes.

“Yes, Meng Jia is back.” BoA said with a smile and yet pride in her eyes.  “Jia, come here.  We haven’t really officially met.”  Jia sat next to BoA.  “I am Kwon Boa.  Kangta-ssi and I are incharge of SM.  Jia, you mean a lot to our agency.”

“Really?” Jia asked with eyes full of question.  She eyed BoA carefully before she continued.  “What do you mean?  Jay told me that you aren’t to help as an ally, rather for personal reasons.  What do I mean to SM?”

“Your father took part in pulling our agency together.” BoA said with a smile.  Jia’s eyes widened.  “When your parents were killed, everyone in SM was devastated.  I’m sure you remember, right?  You were too young to know about this so you always had a baby sitter who was unaware of it all as well.  She took you into custody and I came before her saying I was acquainted with your family.  It should have been my job to take you, sweetheart.  But I was also going through a difficult mission and didn’t want you to get involved as well.  When your sitter put you into adoption, I was away in America.  So when I returned, I received the news that you were adopted under a family named ‘Park’.  I was happy that you were adopted and maybe have a good life but the fact that you had affiliations with the SM agency, I was nervous.  Any enemy that found out that valuable information will snatch you again.  Kangta then informed me that your adoptive parents were members of the J Agents, I was relieved.  I didn’t think that we would meet.  So everyone in SM was eager to meet you, find you, protect you, and possibly bring you back.”  Jia’s eyes darkened when BoA said the last sentence.

“But,” Jia stuttered.  “I can’t!  Jay needs me.  He’s all I have now.  BoA-ssi, I would love to be under SM because I’ve seen the amazing work and teamwork from this mission but Jay only has me now.  Our parents died in a mission and so we only have each other.  I can’t.”  Jia turned to the other SM members.  “I thank you for your amazing efforts to help me, but I cannot leave my Jay.  I can’t leave Feifei either.  Junho and Junsu are dead, so I can’t ask their opinion either.”  Jia left out a weak laugh.  “I think it’s best if I stayed in the J Agency.”  BoA smiled and nodded.  “I’m really glad that I got to meet those who were close to my father and mother, and are affiliated with the agency they were in.  Thank you.”

BoA smiled and hugged Jia tightly.  “Sweetie, if you ever need us, we’re here for you.  SM will always welcome you with open arms.”  Jia hugged BoA back and sobbed silently in the embrace.  Jia let go of BoA and BoA looked at her.  “We must leave.  It was good working with you while it lasted.  Jia, Hwaiting!”  Jia smiled and laughed a little.

“Noona,” Jay said and Jia looked up.  She smiled at her brother.  Suddenly, to her, Jay seemed older and more mature.  “I’m always here too.”  Jay gave Jia a big hug and she collapsed in his arms.

“Of course, Jay,” she said.  “You were always there for me since day one.”