Molding a true leader.

AYA- AFTER YOUR AWAKENING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____ Father, since you have no son, who will be the king once you fall?____ The petit 10-year old asked the powerful general and leader of the Moon tribes while they walked in the forest.

_____ Byul-yi, you are the King. Gender roles are pointless if the person has a weak spirit. You were born under the sign of the stars. I have been training you since you started walking.____ The man responded with enthusiasm.

_____ But....how can a girl be a king? And you are still with us, father.

_____ I'll always be with you. Even after I'm gone. But you are the real king from the moment your dear mother brought you to this world and put you in my arms. And my duty is make you stronger and wiser. About a girl being a queen or a king, it's only a matter of mental strenght. You won't have to pretend to be a man. Not every man is strong.

Father and daughter had been in the woods for the last week, far from the privilegies and protection their position provided them.

_____ I hope You can stay with me as our King for many decades.____ The child sounded fragile and sad 

Messing the little girl's hair, the king smiled and responded:

_____ Although our ancestors have done many positive things in name of the Moon tribes, your grandfather ruined it all with terrible decisions. So many that I am not succeeding at fixing them all. That's why I need you to be ready. The sooner the better. 

Nodding with a melancholic expression, the girl responded:

_____ Alright, father. I'll be ready to become the strongest king soon.

_____ Why are you sad, child? You will change history. Your destiny is making great things.____ The king caressed the 10-year-old's face.

_____ Because if I become king, I will have lost you.____ A single tear rolled down the skinny girl' cheek but she whipped it.

Sighing, the Moon general hugged his precious seed and spoke:

_____ No matter where my body falls, you will never lose me. I'm sorry I'm placing such a heavy burden on your shoulders. Unfortunately my father left us the worst heritage he could. 

_____ It's okay, father. I am strong. I can help you.

Smiling despite having a burning sensation in his chest, the king declared:

_____ You are a very good kid, Byul-yi. Don't let your grandfather's darkness consume you. 

_____ x _____ 

The princess Moonbyul had fought against 8 trained warriors and defeated them with her bare hands.

Someone might say the king's soldiers had gone soft with the 12 year-old but that was not the Moon tribe style.

Nobody had mercy during a battle. It made no difference if the enemy was sick, an elderly, a child or a king.

The girl was covered in sweat and her fair skin was full of bruises. Notheless, her stare was calm and peaceful.

_____ You did well, Byul-yi. You are ready to fight among your soldiers. Now, there is something more challenging. The last test you have to go through before becoming a future leader._____ The king declared.

_____ Of course, father. Anything for the Moon tribes.____ The 12-year-old said with passion.

_____ Follow me._____ The tall and strong man walked with firm steps.

Daughter and father left the area of the castle followed by a group of their men.

They walked inside the forest for 40 minutes and Moonbyul started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter