Concubines

Lust for Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coronation

1419

 

A year has passed since the coronation of Kwon Jiyong as the king and the state of the country has worsened. He has been focused on the prisoners that his royal guards have captured. He inflicted torture upon them as they refused to answer his questions honestly, while the royal guards watched the king they were serving, mercilessly burning and slashing at the pale bodies of these creatures. 

 

He found out that they have regenerative abilities that allow them to heal instantly from any wounds. But he also noticed that their regenerative abilities depend on the amount of energy source they have from food, blood. Having been locked up in the underground prison of the royal palace for several months, and being deprived of blood have weakened them immensely in strength and at the same time, it has made them uncontrollably insane. Jiyong made sure the creatures were locked securely to prevent anything that can risk the lives of those that live in the palace. 

 

Jiyong’s reign as the king so far was seen by the rest of the people to be appalling and monstrous. As news of his desire and self-indulgence for pleasure and personal gain have spread throughout the country, people bear so much hatred and disdain for him and the royal family. Hundreds of women, daughters, sisters, and even wives from families, were taken to be presented to the king as his possible concubines. 

 

When they finally arrived at the royal palace, they were quickly led to the hall where Jiyong discusses political affairs with his royal ministers. The women from different regions were positioned by rows and columns, and had their heads and knees on the floor as a sign of acknowledgment of the king, despite their unwanted circumstances as they did not want to be punished or executed for displaying disrespect. 

 

Jiyong watched them from his throne with nonchalance and did not care much about how they got here and their bottled thoughts. He already knew that these women did not want to be here at all as he took notice of their shaking bodies. 

 

He broke the silence by asking them to introduce themselves and by having them do that, he was going to quickly narrow down the number of women present. He did not want to be around weak, boring, docile, and spineless women. Therefore, as soon as the women started introducing themselves one by one, Jiyong started dismissing the ones he found tedious and uninteresting. He did not bother to provide a way back for the women he had already dismissed as soon as they step outside of the palace. To him, it was not his responsibility anymore to check upon them. 

 

When the process got to the very last person, Jiyong found himself to be very apathetic and nonchalant as he found the process to be agonizing and painful. So far, only seven women have taken his interest out of the hundreds of women presented to him earlier. 

 

He did not have much interest in the last girl who was waiting to be called by him. As most of the women have disappointed him but nonetheless it does not take long to dismiss another one. When he called for the last girl, who had her head on the floor the entire time just like the other girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter