Coronation

Lust for Vengeance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coronation

1418

 

The beginning of a new era has taken its place within the walls of the royal palace, Gyeongbokgung, where the first born child of Kwon Dong Gun and Kwon Do Yeon, the sangwang and taesangwangbi of the royal palace, will be crowned as the new king, daejeon, who will overrule Goguryeo and its people. 

 

Kwon Jiyong wore the gonryongpo, the red dragon robe, that had the embroidery of dragons in a circle along with the ikseongwan on top of his head. He made his way at the front and center of all the royal servants that were found kneeling, bowing, and continuously chanting ‘daejeon’ to show their loyalty and acceptance. 

 

His father had to abdicate his former position of being the current king to him, as he was growing too weary and sick to affiliate with the political and social matters of the country. His father knew that he was capable of taking over therefore he entrusted all of the responsibilities to him and do whatever is necessary to remain in power and take control. 

 

That is what the crowned king will do as he looked over the royal servants praising him and his family who were standing far from him but were smiling at his newly acquired position. 

 

Meanwhile, outside of the royal palace. The regions surrounding the capital, Gyeonggi, were facing turmoil and agitation as most livestock have massively decreased. The low class, especially the poor, were growing anxious as the livestock were their source of income and food. But they constantly disappear from the field. 

 

The people feared that the creatures have camouflaged themselves within the population and the country knew little to nothing about them other than they looked like humans and were bloodthirsty. 

 

They don’t know what else they are capable of. The royal family has been neglecting what they have started which was to find and eradicate these creatures but they were too busy with other affairs such as who the crowned king should marry. 

 

However, during the reign of the previous king the royal palace was able to capture these creatures to acquire information by force through torture. Some have wavered through the torture while the others have been stubborn and stood their ground against the royal guards that were responsible for inflicting pain on them while the king watches.

 

Jiyong was yet to witness that as the current king. 

 

While in the Jeolla district, the region has been broken into by these creatures and have successfully concealed their selves within the population. No one could tell the difference other than the creatures, who were responsible for the decreasing numbers of livestock. 

 

It is one of the eight regions that have unknowingly been engulfed by these creatures. While the top region, P’yongan, and Hamgyong, have entirely been destroyed and isolated from the war between these creatures and the humans. The army from the royal palace was able to put up barriers that separated the humans from these creatures.

 

But some of these creatures that were seen to bare canine-like fangs, were able to escape and pretend they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter