Chapter Six

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi rushed to get home, holding Totori in her arms because he was too slow walking. She took a quick shower and told Yerim that they needed to go to the S & S's house that night.

 

"But why? It's Friday, can't you wait until tomorrow morning?"

 

"No way! Please, you won't believe it."

 

She hurried Yerim to get ready, got the keys and made her drive the way there, so she could stay with Totori and play with him on her lap. But the dog was so tired, he fell asleep wrapped in her arms.

 

Yerim was annoyed because Seulgi wouldn't stop tipping her fingers against the door, and it was a long trip. But she thanked God when they arrived. Sooyoung welcomed them, and their dogs ran around the house playing while they were talking.

 

"Okay, guys. Listen up."

 

"Here it comes…"

 

"Totori is my old dog, Mike!" She said with a big smile and open arms. Totori barked at her from afar, as if he was confirming.

 

Yerim started to laugh. "And now you went crazy!"

 

"No, no. Let the girl speak." Seungwan said, very interested.

 

"So, I met today with Joohyun at the park, and she did a funny thing. She made me tell her the games I used to play with my old dog, Mike. And Totori followed along, but I never taught him anything!"

 

Sooyoung didn't seem so surprised, but Yerim was staring at her with such a weird face it was almost funny to see. "I don't understand."

 

"Dogs…." She explained to her the whole thing Joohyun said, about reincarnation. "And there he is, back to me."

 

"That's why he got so attached to you right when you guys first met." Yerim pointed, slowly.

 

"Yep!" Seulgi said, laying down on the floor to show them the trick. "Look… Oh, no! I can't find my heart!"

 

Totori came running from outside, and made the trick with his nose, surprising all the girls. Seulgi was so happy she thought she was dreaming.

 

"Girl!"

 

"I never saw you doing this trick with him before!"

 

"Because I never did, Yerim! Only with Mike."

 

"Damn, now animals reincarnate just like humans."

 

Sooyoung giggled and kneeled down to play with the puppies. "Like every living being does."

 

"But there's something she said that really got my attention."

 

"More than your dog dying and coming back to you? What is it?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter