Chapter Five

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Seulgi got home, she was welcomed by a… a dog?

 

“What is this?” She pointed to the tiny ball of white fur, waiting for Yerim to answer.

 

“It’s our dog!”

 

“Yerim!”

 

“What?” 

 

“I thought we would talk about it together!” Yerim rolled her eyes when Seulgi pouted.

 

“God… Sooyoung sent me a message saying that a friend’s dog gave birth and she needed a home for the puppies. There he is.” The little dog was sitting right in front of Seulgi, switching his eyes between Yerim and her as they spoke. “I bought a few blankets and a little spot for him to sleep.”

 

“Food?”

 

“Bought food, too. Look at how small he is, food won’t be a problem.” Seulgi looked down, now the dog was staring at her, and she stared back. Yerim kneeled down and called for him, snapping her fingers, but he ignored and laid on Seulgi’s feet.

 

“Wow, the betrayment!” 

 

“You didn’t give him a name?” 

 

“No, I was waiting for you to decide it.”

 

Seulgi kneeled down to caress his ears. “What about Totori?”

 

“Ddolddolie?”

 

“Totori! With a T and R.”

 

“But Ddoddolie sounds better!” Yerim said, taking him on her arms.

 

“You said you were waiting for me to decide it. Totori.” She took him from her, holding his tiny body in one of her hands. The dog instantly began to wiggle and move his body, trying to reach for Seulgi's face.

 

She sat down with him on the sofa, and he managed to and smell her face without thinking twice. "Fine. He seems to like you way more. Totori it is."

 

"Hi, Totori. Hi… Welcome home!"

 

For the rest of the week, they were always welcomed by Totori. He would wait by the door for the two girls to arrive, and he would always jump on Seulgi first, then run to his other owner, Yerim.

 

Staying home was funnier with him, he was always around trying to play with the girls, and Yerim was absolutely in love with him. The first weeks were kind of hard, he would cry all the time when he hadn't much attention. "He's the cutest little boy. I can't wait until we can walk outside with him."

 

On that weekend, the girls took him to the veterinary to take his vaccines, and so he could play outside and with other dogs without a problem. He cried a little, and to cheer him up, they bought a bag of snacks and decided to walk with him at the park before going home. They chose a yellow leash for him.

 

From afar, Seulgi watched Yerim playing with Totori on the grass, chasing him and throwing a small toy she bought. 

 

"You seem a lot lighter than the last times I saw you." 

 

"Oh, hi Joohyun." The woman stood by her side. "We adopted a dog."

 

"Ah, that's the reason." Seulgi looked at her with frowned eyebrows. "Animals are known for cleaning the energy, and bringing joy to the house. Sometimes, he can get overloaded from negative energy, that he filters from the people around him. When that happens, give him lots of love and clean water."

 

"How do you know it's a boy?"

 

"Hm? I just guessed. But I thought you were more of a cat person."

 

"Kind of. When I was a kid, I had a dog too. I loved him very much, we had our own little games. But he was too energetic, accidentally destroying a few things, and my dad didn't like it, so he would get mad and blame me. I always thought a cat wouldn't be so problematic."

 

"You don't need to worry. This time, he won't 'bring any problems'." She said the last words with certain sarcasm.

 

Seulgi was smiling, somehow that affirmation gave her comfort. "Wouldn't you like to meet him now? And Yerim, too?"

 

Joohyun looked around and made a sad face. "I'm so sorry, Seulgi. I have to go now, maybe next time?"

 

Seulgi was about to complain and insis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter