Sunshower (Jenlisa)

When Sleep Evades Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked up at the dark sky and my ears detected the faint rumble of thunder far away. I looked at the polished floor, held back a sigh and closed my eyes. Inching towards the enge of the tiled floor, I trained my gaze at my brain new white canvass shoes then back at the open space infront of me. 

 

 

It's going to rain.

 

 

Those who were around me took a step back while I took a step forward. I paused, my feet hovering over the grass and pathway as my eyes shifted towards the sky. I caught a few shiny ball of water as they glistened while falling down.

 

 

There it was, the first sign of what the others dreaded. There were a few curses but some pushed their luck, running and brisk walking away from the safety of the hall and into the open space, where the rain started to drizzle. There were a few who reached their cars or the other side of the pathway safely and with minimal water droplets on their bodies.

 

 

The murmur around me got louder when another flash of lightning appeared and a fresh batch of rain poured, splashing some of us when the wind caught them and blew them in our direction. A group behind me groaned loudly while I stood placid in my place.

 

 

" it!" I heard as a man waltzed out into the view and grinned, a book was on top of his head, as if it was enough to cover him from the onslaught of the rain. The other students weren't as bold as he is because they retreated back inside the hall or their previous rooms, and wait for it to turn into a drizzle again. Some were still standing beside me, looking at the sky with a frown on their face.

 

 

The rain only grew harsher.

 

 

But I didn't mind. I, Lalisa Manoban took a deep breath and put my foot forward into the muddy earth and started walking away from the hall, from the students who'll wait for hours for this downpour to stop.

 

 

There were gasps and burning stares on my back but I kept going, my feet unhurried despite the heavy fall of raindrops on my body, making my clothes and my hair wet. The shoes I saved up on ended muddy and unrecognizable.

 

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter