Chapter 45

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

Your watch showed 4.30 pm.You went out 1 hour late than you planned.Right now,you were standing in front of your brother's hospital room.You knocked for a second and entered the room without waiting your brother permission.

'What brings you here my lovely little sister?'Sungyeol tore off his gaze from the television and smiled at you sweetly.

'Ergh..what happened to you?'you took a step backward.

'I got a great news for you,'he held out his hand, 'Come here,Sunji.'

He's so weird,you bitterly thought.

'What great news?'you sat on the chair beside him.He flashed you a bright smile.

'My dear sister-'

'Can you talk normally?'you cut him.

Sungyeol ignored you, 'The moment I woke up this morning-,'

'I don't care what happen when you woke up.'

'The birds were chirping happily and the sweet air was-'

'How did you know?You're stuck in this room for god's sake,'you were starting to get impatient at Sungyeol's dramatic explanation.

'The nurse entered the room.A cheer smile greeted me as -'

'Just get straight to the point!'you gritted your teeth.

'Patience,my little sister,the doctor came in as well-'

'WILL YOU STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT?!'you screamed at his face.

Sungyeol blinked and placed a hand over his chest.

'Oh gosh,okay okay!Geez,can't you just let me enjoy myself for a moment?I thought about the lines real hard so that I can say it to you.But look at you now!You completely destroy them!'he faked a sob.

You sighed,'I'm sorry,'you rolled your eyes when he suddenly showed his radiant smile, 'What's the big news?'

Sungyeol mouth slowly curved into a smile, 'Hehehe-TADAH!'

He flailed his arms and from the cover of the blanket,you could see his feet moving from left to right.

'Oh my god!'you gasped, 'S-Sungyeol!Your feet!And your arms!'you squeaked.

Sungyeol nodded and grinned, 'I'm completely heal!And the doctor said that I can go out from this hospital in like two three days?'

'KYAA!'you squealed and hugged him, 'I thought you're going to stay like that forever!'you pulled away from the hug and sat down.

'Hey,I'm strong okay?'you scoffed but still smile.

Sungyeol stared at your smiling face and tilted his head, 'So...what brings you here?Where's Sungjong?'

'Oh yeah!'you completely forgotten about the party, 'Our school organised a formal party for those who got involved in the competitions and our school-all of the students from our school could joined the party.So here I am!But...'

'But?'Sungyeol lifted a brow.

'But...I'm not going there as a boy.But as a girl,'you said.

Sungyeol nodded,'Oh.'

.......

.......

.......

'YOU WHAT?!'

You winced at the sudden volume and clamped your hand over his mouth.Sungyeol harshly pulled your hand away and frowned,'What did you say?'

'Listen to me.I'm going there not as a boy,but as a girl.Someone asked me to become his partner,'you bit your lips.

'Who?L.Joe?'Sungyeol blurted.

'No.Another guy.He's the first person that I met here and he attended the same school as me-I mean,you now.He didn't know about me being a boy in that school.He only knew I'm a girl outside the school.'

'Who?'Sungyeol narrowed his eyes.

'Even if I say his name,it's most likely you won't know him,'you said.

'Just tell me his name,'Sungyeol took a bottle of mineral water beside him and drank it.

'L-Lee Chanhee,'you spouted.

In a blink of eye,Sungyeol spat out his water.He looked at you,bewildered.

'L-Lee Chanhee?C-Chunji?'his voice trembled.

'Y-Yeah,'you nodded your head warily.

'You're friends with him?That Chunji?'Sungyeol eyes widened.

'Yeah?What's the matter?'

'Nothing...It's just..How did you do it?Chunji..a girl like you?'Sungyeol shuddered.You hmphed and hit his head.

'I thought it was something serious!'you scolded him.

'Nah~'he giggled, 'So you're going to the party right?What are you doing here then?'Sungyeol looked at you.

You held a bag that was packed with your dress,shoes and make up, 'I'm going to change here.Can I?'you pointed at the washroom.

'Sure,'first,you unpacked your things,laying your dress on Sungyeol's bed,your heels on the floor before entering the washroom with your make up bag.

'Aish,this girl!'Sungyeol hissed,glaring at your dress that was on his bed.

You took out all your make up and lined them up in a straight line.The next thing you did was staring at your own reflection in the mirror.

'Don't forget to dress up nicely.Catch Chunji's heart and secure it.Who knows,he'll realise that he loves you after tonight.'

 

You shooked your head, 'Aish,Sungjong you pabo!'

You glanced at your make up and nodded your head, 'Let's get started!'Hwaiting!'you pumped your fist.

It took  you about 2 hours to complete your make up and styling up your own hair.You looked at the outcome and smiled.Satisfied with your own effort.You didn't wear a thick amout of make up,but just a thin layer of it.Just some powder,concealer,eyeliner,a little bit of mascara,some natural colour eyeshadow,put a bit of blusher on your cheeks and lip gloss which you asked Sungyeol about zilion times before you actually agreed with the colour.

Sungyeol had been the one suffered the most as you had asked him,which colour of lip gloss was the most suitable for you,what kind of hairstyle suits you with the dress,which colour of blusher suits you the most-though he kept saying the colours were all the same and pushed you when you were about to ask him again.

You hair was finally been decided by yourself to be styled in loose bun with curls.On the left side,there was a side french braid which took you the most time in doing it perfectly.

You went out from the bathroom and took the dress.

'Finally,you got the dress out of the bed.I was thinking of throwing the dress out of the window,'Sungyeol said.You ignored him and locked the washroom to change into the dress.

                                                                              

 

You turned the door knob and stepped out of the washroom.

Sungyeol gasped and squeaked.

You twirled around and stopped, 'So how do I look?'

'You...'

'Yes?'you looked at him with hopeful eyes.

'You....,'

'Yes?'you became more excited.

'You....WHO ARE YOU?!'Sungyeol looked around, 'Where's my sister?!'

You rolled your eyes, 'Shut up oppa.'

Sungyeol stopped and laughed, 'Aigoo,are you mad?'

'Do I look weird in this dress?'you frowned.

'I'm just kidding.Sunji,to be honest,you look beautiful,'Sungyeol held a thumbs up, 'In fact,you should be.Beauty runs in our genes.We can't run away from it,'Sungyeol bragged.

You narrowed your eyes at him, 'Yeah,yeah whatever,'you sat on the chair and wore your heels.

 

                                                                                                        

 

'Done~!I'm ready for the party~!'you sang.

'When will the party start?'Sungyeol asked.

'8.00 pm,'you glanced at you watch, 'About 1 hour and 42 minutes from now.'

'Then,'Sungyeol leaned nearer towards you and wiggled his eyebrows, 'Will you tell me about this Chunji guy?'

A tint of red crept its way onto your cheeks, 'W-What do you want to know about him?'you stuttered.

'Everything you knew about him,'Sungyeol smirked playfully.

'I-I'll visit you next time,'you stood up but too late Sungyeol already grabbed your wrist, 'Nu uh,please spend some time with me.I'm bored~!'he pouted.

You gave in and slumped back onto the chair.You sighed and looked at him ,'What do you want to know?'

Sungyeol's eyes glinted and he began to question you.

You didn't realise the time until your phone started to ring.

'Yeoboseyo?'you answered the call.

'It's me,Chunji.Are you ready?'

You looked at your watch and gasped mentally,7.43 pm, 'Ne,I'm ready,'you bit your lips.

'Where are you?'

'I-uh...I'm on my way there!Yeah!'you said.

There was a brief silence before Chunji spoke again, 'Call me when you almost here.I'm sorry I couldn't wait for you.There are some guests that I have to treat.So,call me when you're almost there.'

'S-Sure!'you replied and hang up.

Sungyeol's eyes showed a hint of mischievious, 'Was that Chunji?'

You slowly nodded and smiled to yourself.

'Ne,I'm going now.Bye oppa!'you kissed his cheek.

'Yuck!'Sungyeol rubbed his cheek and glared at you.You just laughed and put on your coat so it would cover your bare shoulders and dress.

'Call me when you get home!'you closed the room's door and went back to the school.

Sungyeol silently smiled, 'Yeah.."home",'he the television and chuckled,'Aigoo,my sister's in love.'