Chapter 43

Being My Brother Is Not Easy

'Say what?'Sungjong gaped as you finished telling him your story.He had made you stay in the classroom during lunch and forced you to tell him the event happened yesterday.

You pouted,'I know...I felt so sorry for L.Joe sunbae.'

'Okay,okay,don't pout.You look weird,'Sungjong cringed.

You huffed and glared at him,'What do you mean by that?And why weren't really surprised when I told you L.Joe knew I'm a girl?'

'To tell you the truth,I already knew about it.Sungyeol told me when you went to buy drinks for us during our hospital visit,'Sungjong said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

'He did?Why didn't he tell me about it!'you frowned.

'He didn't want you to get worried,'Sungjong patted your back,'By the way...'

'Yes?'you said.

'Do you...like someone?'Sungjong carefully asked.

'What?!No!No way!Why are you thinking that?No!'you flustered.Your mind kept popping random images of certain someone.

'Really?'Sungjong smirked.Just then the bell rang,indicating the lunch was over.

'Of course...Why should I lie?'you set up your books for the next lesson.

'Because you sounded like lying....Oh look-Chunji's here,'Sungjong pointed his head at the door.

'Chunji?'you gasped silently and quickly turned at the door.Sure enough,Chunji came in the class,Niel trailed behind him,waving as he saw you.

Sungjong chuckled as he saw your reaction,I knew something's not right when you told me the story.

'Yo Sungyeol!Why weren't you in the cafe?'Niel asked as he sat at his place.

'Discussing things with Sungjong,'you mumbled,loud enough for him to hear.

'Tsk,tsk.Sungjong,you should keep sure Sungyeol is well fed.Look at him!He's skinny and all bones!Like you!'Niel wagged his finger.

'Shut up Niel.As if you aren't.Tch,talk about yourself,'Sungjong rolled his eyes.

'Diva much?'Niel scoffed.

'Nothing's wrong with that.What happen to your mouth?Does the bee stings?'Sungjong crossed his arms.

Niel crossed his arms too, 'No.Are you jealous with my y lips?Girls got crazy over it,'Niel blurted.

'Jealous my .Why must I?I got a perfect face.Perfect eyes,perfect nose,perfect lips and all perfect features,'Sungjong glared at him.

'Yeah.Perfect features to become a girl,Mr.Crossdresser,'Niel snarled.

You could feel the tension in the air as Sungjong and Niel kept attacking each other with seriously hurtful nicknames.You closed your ears to prevent yourself from hearing whatever they're crapping.

A wrapped sandwich was placed in front of you suddenly.You followed the hand who held the sandwich and locked eyes with Chunji.

'Guess you would be hungry,'he said as he pointed at the sandwich, 'So I bought this for you.'

H-He bought for me?you quickly diverted your eyes to the sandwich, 'Thanks,'you took the sandwich and unwrapped it.Chunji smiled and walked towards his desk as you ate the sandwich.

It tasted better when you bought it for me,you giggled silently,completely forgotting the tension between Sungjong and Niel.

 


 

Chunji smiled in victory as he fitted the last piece of puzzle into its place.He had been to foucs on solving the puzzle till he didn't realise it was already 8.14 pm.

'If I can just solved what I'm feeling right now like how I solved you,'Chunji sighed.He slumped back on his chair looked outside from the window.

Some fresh will do.

He put on his sweater and went out.


He was laying on the bench,eyes closed until something cold touched his forehead.Something really cold.

L.Joe shot his eyes opened and slapped the thing away.He straightened his body and glared at the person who was snickering in front of him.

'Sorry hyung.I just want to make a surprise,'Chunji laughed.He held the cold bottle of coke near to L.Joe's face again,but L.Joe jerked quickly before it touched his face.

'What are you doing?'L.Joe frowned.He snatched the drink away and smirked,'This is for me right?Thanks,'he uncapped the bottle and took a huge gulp of it.

'You're welcome,'Chunji replied.He sat beside L.Joe and grazed at the school dorm's garden sceneric view.

'I haven't visit this place for a while....at night,'L.Joe said.

Chunji glanced at  his friend,'I thought you were suppose to be happy.'

L.Joe tilted his head to a side.

'But  you looked...depressed?'Chunji continued.He meant what he saw yesterday when he saw L.Joe and you went out.

L.Joe laughed as he took another gulp of the coke, 'I don't think I'll be happy if I was rejected by a girl I love.Even though a day had passed.I understand how you felt now.Only yours were greater and I respect you for that.'

Chunji stared at his hyung, 'Rejected?'

The girl that L.Joe like is Sunji right?And when he said he was rejected a day ago..that means yesterday..So he confessed yesterday?

'Uh....oh...,'Chunji kept his mouth shut,he just didn't know the right words to make his hyung feel better.

'It's okay Chunji.You can stop pretending now,'L.Joe looked at him.

Chunji widened his eyes, 'What are you talking about?'

L.Joe's voice dropped into a whisper,low enough for anyone not to hear it,except them two.

'You can stop pretending as if you're not happy with it,'L.Joe broke into a chuckle, 'You're quite happy aren't you?'

Chunji scrunged his nose and uncapped his own bottle of coke,drinking it a bit, 'Are you insane?How can I be happy when you're sad?'

That was not completely true.He was sad seeing his bestfriend feeling down....but he couldn't deny the weird feeling of happiness stirring in his heart.

'Chunji,'L.Joe uttered firmly, 'I may not the best when it came to love.And I may not have the experience.But do you want to see her leave you just like that?Do you want to let her go before you could tell her how you felt?I don't want you to be dissapointed again..or worse,become the grumpy old Chunji again.'

Chunji kept his eyes on the ground.Seeing no response,L.Joe continued, 'Can't you see how you are now?You're smiling a lot,you're becoming frienly again-though not towards girls except her..and you are always happy now.You already forgotten about that Dayoung girl.'

L.Joe smiled softly, 'I'll you to be alone for a while to think,'he gave Chunji's shoulder a pat and stood up.

'Why are you doing this?Shouldn't you be fighting for her instead of just giving up if you like her?'Chunji blurted.

L.Joe just shooked his head lightly, 'Because I want to see you happy.And because I'm a coward.I don't want to get hurt more than this if I just get my hopes high and fight for her,'L.Joe replied,leaving Chunji quickly who was staring blankly at him from behind.

Lies...it was because I know who she will choose,and no matter how hard I'll try,I just know she won't choose me,'L.Joe thought bitterly.