Closer.

Obsession

 

Himchan‘s POV: 
 
“I don’t want to leave you down here”, Ji Hae mumbled. 
 
I nodded, “It’s okay”, I told her. 
 
“I feel bad enough for Yuri abandoning you like this and then I have to leave you too like this”, she said referring to the ropes, the chair and me practically being imprisoned. But, if I was fully imprisoned, I wouldn’t have her.  
 
“Don’t feel bad. I’ll get out of here eventually”, I smiled at her. 
 
“I’ll be back here whenever she’s not home, okay?” She smiled back and I nodded. “One more thing”, she said. I urged her to continue, “You could’ve ran away before, why didn’t you?” 
 
“Because, I may have to put up with Yuri but I don’t want you to have to put up with her too just because of me”, I answered. She nodded, telling me that was sweet but how I should’ve ran. 
 
“You should go, I’ll still be here. Don‘t worry”, she giggled softly and looked at me apologetically, adjusting my blindfold for me. I missed looking at her already. A loud car honk and the sound of the garage door upstairs sounded. She’s home. “Ji Hae. Go. Now” 
 
“But-”
 
“Go, I’ll be fine”, I told her firmly. She nodded and I could hear her as she scurried upstairs locking the door behind her. 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
Yuri’s POV:
 
There was no-one in site. Ji Hae must’ve just gotten home and was upstairs in her room. Good. I slipped into the hallway and headed down once more to the basement. I stepped down the steps and he had moved. 
 
-----------------------------
 
HimChan‘s POV:
 
“Channie!” A sickly sweet voice called. 
 
“Don’t call me that!” I yelled back at her. 
 
“Yah! That’s no way to talk to your girlfriend”, she said just as sickly sweet as she had spoken before. 
 
“Ex-girlfriend”, I corrected. 
 
“We’re still together whether you like it or not! No girl can ever have you, your heart is mine”, she yelled. 
 
“My heart belongs to whomever I choose. You have no say. I can be with any girl I want because I’m sure she’ll be a better girlfriend than you”, I told her sternly. A stinging slap lingered on my cheek, as her slapping hand had brought my blindfold down with the hit. I could see her. She hadn’t changed, still dressed with little self respect and she still reeked of alcohol and other men. 
 
“You’re mine”, she yelled, leaning into plant a kiss on my lips. I turned away. 
 
“This is illegal Yuri. You’ll be caught and then I’ll be away from you forever”, I told her, earning a shriek from her before she stomped off and slammed several doors. 
 
Thank God. 
She was gone. 
 
Or at least I had hoped as I heard hurried footsteps made their way back to the basement door. I saw a pair of feet walk down the stairs. I flinched expected Yuri. “I don’t know what you said, but she’s angry and is going to be gone for a few hours by the sounds of it”, Ji Hae was back. 
 
“Good, can you get these off me then?” She laughed and nodded untying the ropes. 
 
“All done”, she said sweetly. Not sickly sweet like Yuri but Angel-like sweet. “You can leave, if-if you w-want to-” she said shyly and almost reluctantly while she looked down. 
 
“How could I?” Her face contorted in confusion. “I couldn’t leave you here with her”, she laughed sadly. 
 
“I’d be fine, I’m not held here against my will”, she murmured. 
 
“Maybe I’m not either”, I told her, again her face turned into one filled with confusion. “I have you here, it’s not all bad”, I smiled at her. 
 
She smiled back, “Well then, while you’re here.. Can I do anything to make you feel more at home.. Despite the circumstances of course, but when she’s gone I’ll do my best to keep you happy, you are technically a guest after all.” 
 
“Anything?” I asked, gaining a shy nod in return. 
 
“Stay with me”, I told her, standing up fully. 
 
“W-What?”  
 
“I’m going to need someone to talk to to stop me from going insane down here. It’ll get lonely right?” 
 
“Ah”, she mumbled. “I guess it will. But, you can leave..” 
 
“Not if you’re still here.. I feel responsible”, I told her. I would not back down on this. I may have just met her but she was so much better than Yuri. Than any other girl and here she was right in front of me and I wasn’t leaving her, not if there was a chance I’d never get her back. I wouldn’t leave her, not with Yuri, not with anyone especially other guys. This is what she’s doing to me, I already feel protective of her.. Maybe I’ve finally found my one. Even if a witch brought me to her.. 
 
“Tell me about you”, I wanted to know everything about her. 
 
“Well, what’s to tell.. My name’s Jung Ji Hae. I’m 20 years old, I used to live with my parents closer to Seoul, I went to regular schools, excelling and then I graduated like everyone else and now I live with Yuri whom I met in college.. and apart from dealing with Yuri I have no life, she’s difficult.” 
 
“I know that much” I chuckled. 
 
 “She was always the pretty one in college and went to all the parties and got all the guys even the one’s I liked..” 
 
“They weren’t worth your time”, I piped in. She smiled shyly. 
 
“I always had to help her… Whether it was with her studies or with new ploys to get boys.. Not that she needed them, she’d get them anyway.” She sighed, “Sorry, you probably don’t want to hear about her and my sad life story” 
 
“I don’t mind, I like hearing about you” 
 
Her face lit up and a small giggle passed through her lips. “Can I know about you?” She asked. I nodded, telling her everything from my hometown to my family to my schooling and eventually to how I met Yuri and eventually broke up with her. 
 
“She really did that? Cheated on you? Sound like her.” 
 
“Mm, I didn’t think much of her after that. Until now, when she brought me here..” 
 
“I’m sorry” 
 
“Hey, don’t be. I wouldn’t of met you if it wasn’t for her. As mean and horrible as she is, I found someone who hates her as much as I do.. Maybe we can team up one day”, she laughed. 
 
“I’d like that. She needs to get some of her own medicine.” 
 
“Maybe we should lock her down in an Ahjussi’s basement” I laughed. We both kept going back and forth thinking of things that we could do to take revenge on Yuri and talked and talked for what seemed like hours about Yuri, each other and random things in between. 
 
“…Are you hungry?” She asked kindly and I shook my head, “Thirsty?” Again I shook my head. “Tired?”
 
“I’m okay”, I said, sitting down again. 
 
“Sore? Cold?” 
 
“Sore? No.” I mumbled, “Cold…Yes.“
 
“I’ll get you a blanket”, she turned away quickly and as if out of instinct I reached my hand out for her hand, holding it gently. 
 
“Wait-”, She looked down at our hands, blushing slightly. “Don’t go”, I tugged her towards me, pulling her close enough so that she fell into my arms and on my lap, I held her tightly. “Much better”, I smiled, this was exactly what I wanted, her right here. “Is this uncomfortable?” I asked in a whisper. 
 
“Strangely… No. Does it make you feel happier?” I nodded against her. “Then no.. To be honest…It feels nice..” 
 
“Nice?” 
 
“Mm…It feels cosy and warm and it takes away the loneliness. Are you feeling warmer?”, she mumbled tiredly. It dawned on me that she had been with my practically all day excluding the Yuri incident and must be tired. 
 
“Yes. Are you sleepy?” A yawn from her perfect lips soon answered my question. 
 
“No.. I’m fine”, she was lying. “I can’t sleep and let her hurt you..” 
 
“I’ll be okay.. You can leave me here if you want and sleep”, she shook her head, turning in my embrace to face me. 
 
“I want to stay…If that’s okay?” 
 
“That’d be perfect.” I held her closer, suddenly Yuri didn’t matter, nothing did. It was just her and I and the closeness we were both secretly craving.