The Angel vs. The Devil.

Obsession

 

Himchan’s POV: 
 
Everything around me felt as if it was spinning, even if I couldn’t see a thing. I opened my eyes and nothing had changed. Darkness. What the hell is going on?! I tried to move, this was a dream right? I was blind, I couldn’t see a thing, but I couldn’t move to shake off the dream. It was if I was bound. 
 
What the hell happened last night?! I didn’t drink, I didn’t party too much. I went home early. I didn’t do anything stupid right? Right? I walked home perfectly fine, no problem there. I could still see and move and everything was fine.. Okay, calm down Himchan and think. What happened next? Hanging out at the bar, talking to that girl, got rejected by girl, didn’t feel disappointed only tired, walked home, headed into the apartment building, received a phone call from Yuri. 
 
YURI! That’s it! She was in trouble and then as I saw her it all went black. SHE was the cause of this! But, where am I and what the hell is keeping me bound and blinded? 
 
“YAH! PARK YURI! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!” I yelled out into the darkness, hoping someone would hear me. 
 
“HELP ME! HELP ME PLEASE!” I called out again, over and over.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
 
Ji Hae’s POV: 
 
I woke up to the sounds of loud mumbling. I couldn’t comprehend what was being said as it was so muffled, but it didn’t sound like me, so I could count that option out. It didn’t sound like Yuri or any of our friends, it sounded almost manly. It was probably Yuri watching her dramas again, at least she was considerate enough to keep the Television at a soft-ish level.
 
I swung my legs out of bed, shuffling out of my room and down the stairs.  “Y-Yuri?” I called out. The TV was off. There was no-one around, it was awfully quiet. I must’ve still been half asleep as I could still hear a soft mumbling that was now a lot louder downstairs than it was upstairs in my room. Maybe someone did come in last night. 
 
I slowly walked around the whole bottom storey, trying to locate where the sound of the muffling was coming from. I approached the hallway, the sound growing louder. With each step it began growing louder and louder. I could start making out some of the sounds of the mumbles, “He” “M” “ease”. That made no sense,  I slowly walked back down the hallway to the hallway closet, opening the door. I turned back around, heading back down the hallway, broom in hand. I was getting closer and closer to the noise than ever before. 
 
“JI HAE!” A voice yelled, I automatically stopped. I turned to see Yuri’s clothed figure or should I say barely clothed figure, standing behind me looking unimpressed. 
 
“Y-Yuri”, I muttered. 
 
“What are you doing going down to the basement?”
 
“I-I thought I heard something-” 
 
“Oh, that’s nothing, there’s a mouse down there. I heard it too”, she smiled, it seemed quite fake though. I gave her a nod, I’d have to go back down later. 
 
“Okay, well I’m just going to put this back then and get ready for work-”, I mumbled. She nodded, waving at me as I passed.  
 
“Have fun at work JiHae! I’m just going to see if I can catch that mouse and then I’m off to work too!” She called sickenly sweetly. Right, work. Going to clubs at early hours without your boyfriend knowing is really a job, I scoffed and walked upstairs. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Himchan’s POV: 
 
I could hear footsteps. “JI HAE!” A voice yelled. I knew for a fact it was Yuri’s. My brows furrowed and I frowned, I didn’t want to see her. I just wanted to get out. But, who’s this JiHae she’s yelling at? Maybe, there’s someone else here! Someone that could help me!? 
 
I heard a soft female voice barely audible causing me to strain to hear the voice call out Yuri’s name in a stutter. 
 
“What are you doing going down to the basement?” Yuri’s voice called again.
 
“I-I thought I heard something-” The sweet voice replied, she sounded like an angel. Hopefully, she’ll help me. Wait, she heard me! Yes! JiHae, help me! 
 
“Oh, that’s nothing, there’s a mouse down there. I heard it too”, Yuri replied again. MOUSE?! THAT’S HER EXCUSE?! 
 
“Okay, well I’m just going to put this back then and get ready for work-”, JiHae mumbled again, barely audible, crushing my hope. No, come back. 
 
“Have fun at work JiHae! I’m just going to see if I can catch that mouse and then I’m off to work too!” What work? Going to clubs early in the morning, cheating on me and then taking my money counts as a job now?! I rolled my eyes, this is why I broke up with her. She was no good and she treated me poorly. At first I thought she was kind and sweet but she soon ruined that image. But, now I’m stuck with her again, literally stuck as I could barely move. I guess it’s goodbye to a sweet, caring girl that’d actually love me then. 
 
I sighed, hearing the door open. I shifted into a position, pretending to still be out cold. Quick, heavy footsteps came down the steps and that sickening voice spoke once again, “Still unconscious? Good, you’re mine”, she chuckled darkly and the footsteps soon left again. 
 
“See you tonight JiHae!” I heard Yuris voice say. Soon a distant door was slammed and the house seemed to fall quiet. 
 
They were gone. I was happy but sad. Happy because Yuri was gone but sad because it seemed like JiHae was my only hope. 
 
I closed my eyes, trying to think of a possible way to get out of this when a door quietly squeaked open and footsteps came back down the hall. The sound of a key jammed into the door up above me as the door that was my escape was opened. “What’s she hiding?” I heard a quiet whisper. That voice, the sweet voice. “OMO! YURI WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” Even in a yell, it still sounded sweet. 
 
I felt slight movement at the back of my head as the cloth around my eyes fell and I could see her. She was beautiful, she was conservative and sweet looking everything Yuri wasn’t. “Did Yuri do this to you?” She asked softly as I blunk my eyes, adjusting to the light. I nodded. “I’m so sorry”, she apologised. “What’s your name?”
 
“Himchan, Kim Himchan. A-Are you JiHae?” I asked her and she nodded. 
 
“Are you Yuri’s boyfriend?” 
 
“Ex-boyfriend”, I corrected telling her everything that had happened, earning gasps and surprised responses. 
 
“I’ll help you”, she promised and I believed her. She quickly stood, telling me that she’d be right back and she was with water and food for me. She helped me to consume it, even untying me so I could shower and use the bathroom. 
“She can’t know I was down here”, she murmured. 
 
“I know”, I told her reassuringly. I smiled and she returned it.
 
 She was my angel, my escape, my new obsession.