04

Eloquence

Kyuhyun wandered through the streets of Seoul happily, enjoying the slightly chilly weather and the festive decorations that were just being put up. There was always an air of happiness during the holidays that left Kyuhyun feeling merry himself. He window shopped, finding small, locally owned stores that most people passed by and took the time to watch the street performers. Siwon usually never let him do either. The older man preferred order and routine as compared to Kyuhyun’s favoured chaos.

His aimless drifting brought him to a blue café sitting off to its’ own little quiet corner. It was painted a calming sea blue, one that looked as if it was reflecting the sun’s ray like the actual ocean would. It was different, standing out amongst the dull greys and browns it was over-shadowed by, and Kyuhyun always appreciated individuality. The café seemed to have a nautical theme to it, anchors and fish painted on the windows in a cartoony manner. As Kyuhyun walked closer to the entrance, he saw a handmade sign above the entrance doors that read Silver Sea. The words were scrawled in a silver colour with waves curling around them; a small sail boat with two boys in it, one being a red head with a huge smile and the other being a brunette with large sparkling eyes, seemed to float along the painted waves.

He walked into the café, already feeling at home when the elderly lady at the cash register smiled at him. She had the same bright eyes like the cartoon character outside, he noticed, with greying hair pulled back into a messy bun. She gestured for him to sit anywhere he wanted, grinning in a friendly manner at a customer that had come to talk to her. He smiled back genuinely; it had been a while since he was allowed to make his own decisions. Kyuhyun walked to a table near the window, chuckling to himself at the mismatched furniture and décor of the café.

He picked away at the already chipped table, watching people pass by through the window. People watching had always been a favourite of Kyuhyun’s. He liked to make up stories for the variety of strangers that walked by, something Siwon had always berated him for. But what did Siwon know? He made up stories all the time, so why was it only ridiculous when Kyuhyun did it? A man rushed by then, hurriedly speaking into his cell phone, face flushed. His wife is finally having the baby they’ve been trying to conceive for a while and if he’s not there in 5 minutes, he won’t be the first to hold his new born; Kyuhyun conjured up the man’s story in his head and nodded in satisfaction. He hoped everything went well for him. A rather tall woman walked by cautiously afterwards, eyes shifting ever so slightly. She was actually extremely gorgeous. This woman was an undercover spy pretending to be a model, she’d just escaped an ambush at a fashion show rehearsal and was trying to find a place to hide and then report back to her headquarters. Okay, maybe this was a little stupid, Kyuhyun admitted, but it made him happy and there were very few things that had that effect on him nowadays. He frowned as he saw a young teenage couple walk by, hands intertwined and smiling brightly. The boy was tall, sandy brown hair, round brown eyes with a nice sense of style. The girl was the epitome of young beauty with her long, flowing, dark brown locks, equally large hazel eyes, cotton candy pink lips and slim features. Kyuhyun didn’t bother to make up a story for them, they didn’t need it. He watched them walk by happily and thought about the time when he and Siwon were like that.

“Hello, my name is Hyukjae and I’ll be your waiter today.” The cheery voice brought Kyuhyun out of his depressing reverie. He looked up to see a blonde boy around his age, give or take a few years, smiling at him. Hyukjae was tall and a bit on the scrawny side, but his exotic good looks made up for it. He had a huge gummy smile that made the grey cloud of unhappiness hanging above Kyuhyun disappear momentarily and tiny eyes that screamed of joy. He was lovely, in essences of the word. “What can I get for you today?”

“I’ll just have a caramel macchiato, thanks.” Kyuhyun responded politely, the edgy tone to his voice nearly non-existent. Someone like Hyukjae didn’t deserve a grumpy artist raining on his parade.

“Got it!” he smiled, “It’ll be out right away.”

He skipped off to the counter and relayed Kyuhyun’s order to the equally handsome barista boy. Hyukjae stayed at the counter and talked the barista’s ear off. Most of the conversation consisted of him chiding the boy for not properly paying attention to him and how their date tomorrow night was going to be amazing. The pieces of the puzzle in Kyuhyun’s brain clicked together and he realised that they were together. He watched them a while longer and actually saw how attractive the barista was. He was significantly shorter than Hyukjae with brown, wavy hair coiffed to perfection and the face of a five year old. His eyes were definitely his most attractive features; large, chocolate brown and filled with intense emotions. Kyuhyun would bet his life savings that he got everything he wanted.

Kyuhyun could feel the love radiating off of the two in strong waves as they interacted with each other. He sighed to himself, who was he kidding? He and Siwon were never like them, would never be like them. Kyuhyun turned back to the window and watched more people walk by, wondering if any of them were going through the same thing as he was.

“Here you go,” Hyukjae said, sliding a cup in front of Kyuhyun, “My Donghae made this one especially for you. You seemed a little down, so he put a little extra love in it. Donghae’s the best barista around, you know?”

So his name was Donghae, East Sea, how original, Kyuhyun thought. Hyukjae continued rambling on and on about how amazing his Donghae was. In a normal circumstance, Kyuhyun would have cut him off and sent him away by now, but it was so interesting to hear about an actual happy relationship. The amount of love he had for his boyfriend or “soul mate” as he said, was unfathomable. Kyuhyun was incredibly jealous. “This is actually his mother’s café! She’s going to pass it down to us one day and we’ll make tons of money!”

“That’s great.” Kyuhyun smiled. Kyuhyun figured Donghae and Hyukjae had known each other for a long time, considering she was willing to give her café to them. It would take a long to trust them enough with something so valuable. He was amazed at the fact that they got along together so harmoniously for such a long time. He and Siwon had only known each other for 3 years and well, you can see the point they’re at now. Kyuhyun took a sip of the macchiato as Hyukjae went on with his ramblings. He was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually tasted. “This is pretty good. Tell Donghae I said thank you and that this is the best drink I’ve had in a long time for me.”

“I told you!” He beamed, happy that Kyuhyun enjoyed his boyfriend’s creation.

Kyuhyun wondered why it had taken him so long to find this place. Oh yeah, Siwon never let you off your leash that’s why, he mumbled.

Hyukjae inclined his head, not hearing what Kyuhyun had said. The brunette waved him off with a nonchalant smile. Hyukjae shrugged and bounded back to Donghae, a smile spread on the barista’s face. He faced Kyuhyun and gave him a slight wave and thankful bow. He returned the gestures without hesitation, politely waving back and tried to return a smile that emitted the same amount of glee as his did.

Kyuhyun left a $10 tip on the table, and got up to pay for the actual food. He waved goodbye to Hyukjae, Donghae and Donghae’s mother and made his way out of the café. He’d definitely have to visit more often. If Siwon permits, that is. Kyuhyun’s heart sunk immediately at the thought, he was so screwed. Siwon was going to finish writing soon and he hadn’t even started dinner. Kyuhyun started running as quick as he could to the apartment.

By the time Kyuhyun was around 2 blocks away from my apartment complex, he was wheezing heavily. Come on Kyuhyun, he mentally encouraged himself, only a few more steps. He pushed himself and sprinted the last few meters, slowing down to a jog when he got into the lobby. The brunette ran up the stairs after the elevator decided to take it’s time, stopping every few steps to try and catch his breath. He finally reached their apartment and tried to even his breathing, gasps slowly turning into slow exhales and inhales. Kyuhyun leaned against the wall opposite their door and searched for his keys. They weren’t in his pant pockets where he’d had left them. He stuck his hand into his jacket pockets hoping to find them there, but had no luck. Frantically, he dug his shaking hands into every pocket possible, but to no avail. He searched the floor in front of their door and the hallway hoping to find them there, but it seemed Kyuhyun’s luck was diminishing by the second.

“, , .” He mumbled, once again checking every possible pocket, wrinkle and hole in hopes of finding the keys. “ing damn it!”

“Is something wrong?” Kyuhyun turned his head quickly towards the voice and was graced by Key, standing in front of his door with his cat like smirk.

“I forgot to grab my key.” The brunette sighed in defeat, slumping against the wall and running shaking fingers through his hair.

“I’m right here, baby. You can grab me any time.” He giggled. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes; Siwon might be right about this guy being a bad influence.

“Key! I’m serious. I can’t just knock and tell Siwon to let me in! He doesn’t even know I left!” Kyuhyun said exasperatedly, throwing his hands every which way.

“Alright, alright. Chill out, I’ll help you!” He scrunched his face up and his chin, as though he was coming up with the most devious plan. For all Kyuhyun knew, he probably was. “I got it!” he exclaimed, theatrically pointing his finger up. “I’ll create a diversion to get him out of the house and you run in quickly! Pretend you were there the whole time, okay?”

“What kind of diver-“

“Siwon! Siwon! Get out here you stupid horse!” Key cut the younger off and started banging on his neighbour’s door like a maniac. Siwon was going to be so pissed. He looked at Kyuhyun and pointed towards some shrub looking decoration, “Go and hide behind that plant! Hurry up!”

Siwon opened the door angrily, nostrils flaring. Kyuhyun cowered behind the potted plant watching, waiting. He was almost worried Siwon would hurt Key, but decided that Key could probably fight him with ease.

“What do you want, Kibum?” He snapped. Kyuhyun wanted to scold him. He really had no reason to act this way towards Key.

“Could you help me move my couch?” Key said innocently, looking up at Siwon with large, round puppy eyes, pouting at the same time. He put his hands in front of his as though he were begging, adding to his cuteness. “Please, Siwon?” He batted his lashes.

“Fine.” Siwon gave in. How could he not? Key was absolutely adorable. Siwon leaned his head back inside the apartment and called out, “Kyu! I’ll be right back!” and started walking with Key to his apartment, luckily leaving our door open. Key turned around and gave Kyuhyun a furtive wink. The younger mouthed a thank you and formed a misshapen heart with my hands. Kibum turned around and bombarded Siwon with trivial questions.  Kyuhyun laughed quietly and stepped into the apartment, making a mental note that he owed Kibum nothing less than his life.

A loud sound resonated through the walls followed by a stream of profanity. Another loud bang and more profanity and hysterical laughing. Key was so evil. Kyuhyun heard Siwon stomp loudly back to our apartment and quickly scurried back into his makeshift studio.

“Stupid kid. All he does is cause trouble.” He mumbled to himself. Kyuhyun composed himself and walked out of the studio trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. He casually made his way over to Siwon’s hunched over figure on the couch, slowly slipping into the spot next to him. He was rubbing his temples and Kyuhyun had to stifle a laugh at that.

“What was all that about, babe?” He feigned curiosity.

“That stupid Kibum kid needed help moving furniture.” Siwon said shaking his head, “I’ve told you not to talk to him right?”

“Oh, yeah, you’ve told me.” Kyuhyun cuddled up to his side, trying to butter him up so he was less annoyed. This was partially his fault anyways.

“I’m hungry. What’s for dinner?”

“Whatever your heart desires.” The younger replied, voice dripping with honey.

“Would you like to go out to eat? I know it’s been a while.” Siwon smiled warmly, “I’m craving pizza.”

“If that’s what you want, darling, then so be it.” Kyuhyun pulled him up and held him close. The lovey-doveyness in the younger of the two was quickly starting to make an appearance. He didn’t know if it was due to the guilt he felt for leaving or because he actually felt like being a good lover for once, but Siwon enjoyed it and as long as he was happy, Kyuhyun was happy. Plus, he’d get to venture out again.

The couple stood there for a while longer. Siwon began running his hands up and down Kyuhyun’s sides, stopping at his hips to rub slow circles into them. His mouth began attacking the younger’s jawline with open kisses, hot breath tickling his skin, slowly moving down his slim, pale neck. He bit down roughly on Kyuhyun’s Adam’s apple, as if he were marking his territory, letting everyone know that Kyuhyun was his and only his. The younger let out a low moan and felt him smile against his neck.

“If this continues, we’re never going to get out of here.” Kyuhyun said, his voice low and husky, breathing rapid, cheeks flushed.

“You’re right. Let’s go then.” He pulled away from Kyuhyun begrudgingly and stuck his hand out like a gentleman, gesturing for the younger to take it. He grabbed it happily and walked out the door with him in complete bliss. This is what being a normal couple must feel like, Kyuhyun thought. Once they were outside, he shivered. The temperature had dropped drastically since he’d last been outside. He took the chance to huddle closer to Siwon. The older noticed how cold Kyuhyun was and wrapped his arms around slim shoulders, pulling him even closer. Maybe things are changing, Kyuhyun thought hopefully, maybe we were going to turn into the perfect couple that I had imagined. Just maybe.

 


This chapter isn't much of a change from the old one, actually it's pretty much the same. This was the chapter I was the most proud of last time and I didn't want to change it very much. I also realised how much I missed writing in first person haha. But alas; I'm not going to change it this time. I'm going to finish this. Eventually.

I'm sorry it took so long! I just had a lot of stuff going down at school. (boys are dumb, grades, tests, physics totally kicking my etc.etc.) But I'm back! hopefully.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading my nonsense!

Love you snowflakes! ♥