CHAPTER 2

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3935303930333336322f696d616765732f313634613235376431313366646537653839333436303431333132322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Everyone always wonders what runs inside Yoo Jeongyeon's mind whenever she does her pre-game ritual.

Because whenever she has a game, Jeongyeon just sits on the bench instead of warming up. She closes her eyes until she hears the buzzer and no one knows exactly why, not her teammates nor her best friend Jihyo.

She closes her eyes until she hears the buzzer and no one knows exactly why not her teammates nor her best friend Jihyo

"Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

Breathe in.....

Breathe out.....

You got this Ace! I'll be watching you up in the bleachers."

She still hears it, she still sees her face.

Yoo Jeongyeon is never fond of the crowd not even now that's she's a superstar but she loves volleyball since she was small. It was hard the first few years, the season MVP used to commit tons of error back then. She was too conscious of the people watching over her until someone took her hand, and promised she'll be there forever to support her. That's all she needs, it didn't matter if there's only one person who believes in her because that person is equal to millions, no, billions of people in this world.

She was Yoo Jeongyeon's everything.

She was Yoo Jeongyeon's everything        

"Breathe in,

Breathe out,

Breathe in,

Breathe out."

Until the girl disappeared.

It was hard for the first few years. It tormented her for a long time, all of a sudden her world stop. Seeing the girl with who she spent 15 years of her life disappear broke her into a million pieces. The girl is nowhere to be found now, not that Jeongyeon cares. She's past that stage but her voice in Jeongyeon's head, her face that Jeongyeon sees, is still the only thing that could calm the tension in her heart in any given situation. Jeongyeon just got used to it, because for her the girl in her imagination is not the same girl who left her.

The girl was a ghost of her past she'll rather forget.

"Breathe in,

Breathe out,

Breathe in,

Breathe out."

CY : "Isn't it too early for the captain to be daydreaming?" She said as she gave a little tug to Jeongyeon who was sitting on the floor.

JY : "And isn't it too early for you to be getting on my nerve? Wants some extra laps guys????" She looks up to Chaeyoung.

DH : "Why am I included? This small thing started it."

CY : "Who are you calling small? You're not that tall from me."

JH : "Okay stop it before the ace erupts."

JY : "Ji...."

JH : "Mianhe, I didn't mean to call you that."

Ace.... It still stings whenever she hears it. Besides the voice, she hears and the face she sees. She doesn't want anything that can remind her of that girl.

JY : "Gwenchana."

JH : "By the way where is Tzuyu?"

DH : "Probably under Sana unnies skirt Haha!"

Nobody said a word, Chaeyoung just kept on pointing to her back with her lips.

DH : "H-A-H-A..... She's standing right behind me, doesn't she?"

She's standing right behind me, doesn't she?

Jihyo and Chaeyoung just nodded back at her but before the tall figure behind her could hold her, she took off dragging Chaeyoung along with her.

CY : "Why am I being dragged?????" She shouts while running with Dahyun, Tzuyu runs after them.

JH : "Yah!!!! Stop playing around before any of you get hurt!"

JH : "And you, time to practice. Stand up, if you guys aren't that great I wouldn't think twice in dropping you girls."

JY : "But too bad, we are the best." She said as she put her hands on Jihyo's shoulder.

When practice started, Jeongyeon seems to be hitting her ball extra-hard today. Jihyo felt sorry for Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Lia, Ryujin, and Yuna who were on the receiving end of those balls.

But the girls kind of got used to it especially Chaeyoung and Lia who are the team's libero. They've been receiving this kind of hits since they got into Twice. That's why it's a relief that they're a teammate and not an opponent. Who knows how hard can Jeongyeon hit a ball if it's not her teammates on the other side of the net.

MN : "Good morning Ji."

JH : "Morning Mitan."

MN : "Are they done?"

JH : "Almost there."

The practice continued, Mina sat next to Jihyo on the bench.

*Whistle*

JH : "Good job! Take some rest and get back hereafter."

The other girls started running to the washroom. While Chaeyoung runs toward where Jihyo and Mina were sitting.

CY : "Unnie, unnie I think my hands are gonna fall off." She pouts at the doctor.

MN : "Hahaha it's not Chaeng, it'll be fine."

CY : "But hyung was really pounding those balls."

DH : "Unnie don't believe her, she's just making things up."

TY : "Easy for you to say, you don't have to block or receive her hits."

CY : "Maja!"

TY : "Next time I'll set for her and you try blocking her. Let's see how Eagle Kim would handle the empress strikes."

DH : "Wanna bet on it, Not-so-gentle giant???"

JH : "Sometimes I forget the three of you are part of the unnie line. Arraso, let's save this for next time. For now, take your showers you guys stink."

CY : "Ehhhh but my hands..."

JH : "Stop being a baby, Mina will check on it later."

MN : "Maja haha."

TY : "Okay, gaja." She said pushing the two smaller girls.

Jihyo and Mina stayed to watch Jeongyeon who was in the middle of hitting her 100 balls. The times she does this have gotten lesser but there still some days she stays back.

MN : "Bad day?"

JH : "Seems like it. She doesn't hit a 100 after practice if it's not."

The two of them continued watching Jeongyeon. It's amazing how she switches from left to right but it's also scary whenever she makes this loud thud after.

MN : "Wae?" She asked.

JH : "Not sure, when I arrive she's already not in the mood. Not like the usual goofball, she's rather the old grumpy Jeong today. She probably remembered something."

Mina just nodded back. It's not that bad as it sounds, well, it used to be but not anymore. On days like this Jeongyeon where she remembers something that needs to be forgotten, she spent the whole day pounding on balls and saying a little word to nothing.

JH : "Uhm, thanks..."

MN : "For what?"

JH : "You know, about her."

MN : "Ohhh, not like she's bothering me. Besides I'm kinda used to it by now."

JH : "Liar, it's been a long time but she used to run to me before. I know how she is, I'm sorry."

MN : "Gwenchana it's really nothing."

Mina notices Jeongyeon's hands. She's been hitting the ball too hard her hands starting to turn red. Jihyo and her lost count of how many times it has already been but they knew it's time for them to stop her.

JH : "Don't you think it's time for you to stop?" She said approaching the taller girl.

JY : "Just a little bit more."

MN : "You can do that, but you know once you're hand get sore you won't be able to practice tomorrow."

JY : "Arraso." She said and started picking up the balls.

JH : "Aish Yoo Jeongyeon, go take your shower. Mina and I will take care of this."

JY : "Hai, gomowa." She said and made her way.

JH : "Oh Jeong want to grab dinner??"

JY : "Maybe next time? I have plans tonight."

JH : "Plans... Arraso."

---