CHAPTER 14

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938373635393331362f696d616765732f313634653138636135613961393831613431333236333837353739322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jihyo carefully drives while she steals glances at her best friend who was sitting next to her looking beyond the window. She notices how Jeongyeon's eyes are puffy, she looks more tired tonight than any other night. She hasn't said anything for a while now and Jihyo is barely holding on, her heart feels full and she wants to cry too but she can't, she has to be the strong one.

JH : "Neo baboni? (TR : Are you stupid?) Why would you go to Mina's when the girl texted you she's not home? I can't believe you're this stupid haha." She said attempting to lighten the mood.

JY : "Ehhh I was busy. By the way, I'm coming back on Monday."

JH : "Busy drowning yourself in alcohol? Haha."

JY : "Yah!"

JH : "Hahaha what? Is it not the truth?"

JY : "Well....."

JH : "See haha."

Jihyo notices how Jeongyeon took her eyes back at the sky, the girls probably sober right now, that's what she thought        

Jihyo notices how Jeongyeon took her eyes back at the sky, the girls probably sober right now, that's what she thought.

JY : "Ji what's stopping you?"

JH : "Huh?"

JY : "I said what's stopping you? Aren't you happy she's back?"

JH : "Jeong what stupid question is that? Why would I be happy to see her? After all these years, you really think I'll want her back?"

JY : "Haha, Jihyo you can lie to everyone but you should know by now that there are two people who see past you. Sejeong and I, what's wrong in admitting it?"

JH : "I'm not that's why."

JY : "When will you be honest with yourself? I saw you...." She paused for a while. "I saw how you look at me and back at her. I saw how worried you are but I also saw the happiness in your eyes for that split second you look back at her. So I want to know Ji, if you want to be friends with her again what's stopping you?"

So I want to know Ji, if you want to be friends with her again what's stopping you?

JH : "Jeong I...."

JY : "Don't even think of lying again."

JH : *Sigh* "I forgot the drunk Jeongyeon is 100 times stubborn than the normal one. Okay, what if I did? I wouldn't choose her over you."

JY : "I knew it! Haha."

JH : "Now let's change the topic."

JY : "No were not, I let you scold me a while ago so you better listen close to what I have to say. Park Jihyo as someone older, wiser, and taller... Haha.."

JH : "Are you just gonna tease me? Because your starting to get on my nerves."

Jeongyeon clears .

JY : "Mianhe, as I was saying, I want you to do it."

JH : "What?! Are you crazy?! I'm not gonna chose her over you."

JY : "Pabo, that's not what I meant. I was saying that you should do it for your sake and not for me. Who even told you, you have to choose between us??? You can be friends with whoever you want. If the only reason why you're not letting yourself is because of me, then your really stupid."

"I understand that you're worried about me but I'm okay. You don't have to rush anything you can slowly let her in. Ji I know how big is her part in your life, I'm not gonna take that away from you just because our relationship failed. So next time you see her, tell her all those bottled things inside of you, tell her how angry and sad it made you when she left, tell her how painful each day realizing she's no longer with you, and then tell her you miss her, if you have to hug her then do it."

Tears start falling from Jihyo, she wants to stop driving but they're in the middle of the high-way, Jeongyeon wiped the tears in her cheeks.

JY : "I finally saw these tears, how long are you planning to act strong?"

Jihyo looks at her with puzzled eyes.

JY : "You seriously thought I wouldn't notice? I know you got hurt too, I know had badly you try to hide the pain. I mean, your not fooling anyone with those crooked smile you use to give me whenever you pick me up. Haha that's why I stopped coming to your place, you keep acting strong I couldn't take it anymore. I thought at least if I hide the mess I am you'll stop worrying about me. I know it's too late to say this but you didn't have to be the strong one, to be honest, I would've loved it if we cried together."

JY : "You're like the best friend everyone is praying for and luckly I have you."

Jihyo pulled on their garage, she then rested her head on the steering wheel. She couldn't stop the tears from falling, hearing those words from her best friend made her heart lighter.

JY : *Sigh* "We've been through a lot Ji, it's hard right? But she's back and I know that's all you ever wanted. So from now on, I want you to choose yourself, stop thinking about me because I'll manage. Promise me from now on no more pretending."

She said as she pats Jihyo's head, the younger girl turned to face her and nodded in agreement.

JY : "Sorry for making it even harder for you, since the three of us are little you always acted like the big sister. You didn't have to but you took the responsibility to be the reliable one. You know I love you right? These 7 years wouldn't be bearable without you, thank you for always being a shoulder to lean on. But it's time for me to be the one you'll lean on, it's time for me to be the unnie." She smiled at the smaller girl "I promise not to make things complicated. I'll be okay. We'll be okay, so stop worrying too much. You can be her best friend and I'll still be your best friend too."

And Jeongyeon started to cry with her, Jihyo reaches out for a hug

And Jeongyeon started to cry with her, Jihyo reaches out for a hug. It's something that should've happened a long time ago. The taller girl admits it was her fault, for letting Jihyo believes she has to be strong for the two of them. So even though she hates that girl, she'll support Jihyo.

SJ : "Are you two okay?"

She said knocking on the door.

JY : "Hai! Hai!"

The two of them came out of the door and Sejeong notice the drenched eyes and the glow in their face. She was glad to see that Jihyo had finally shown a weaker side of herself to her best friend. The couple helped Jeongyeon to get into bed, it didn't take long for her to get to sleep. Jihyo just stands in the door looking at her best friend.

SJ : "Are you okay?"

JH : "Never been this better"

JH : "Jeongyeon and I talked about things, I want to be honest from now on. No more pretending, I want to be her friend again."

SJ : "Then make it happen." Her girlfriend smiled at her.

JH : "I will, Sejeong gomowa."

SJ : "Huh?"

JH : "If I didn't have you I wouldn't make it. You're the only one who knew the pain I was going through but you never left. I can't thank you enough for the nights I lie about being okay."

SJ : "Be happy, that's all you have to do to make me happy and to make her happy." She said pointing at the sleeping girl."

JH : "I will."

Jihyo knew she was lying when she told the older girl not everyone waits in vain, she's well aware that all that gets left behind still have hope for a day of that someone's return. Jihyo's the same there's a small part of her that's been wanting to see the older girl. She just didn't want to admit that after 7 years of disappearing in her life, she still misses Nayeon.

She just didn't want to admit that after 7 years of disappearing in her life, she still misses Nayeon

---