CHAPTER 13

YOU AT THE WRONG TIME [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938373633303937342f696d616765732f313634653138333738353036613435353335343534373037363837352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jihyo lost counts of the days Jeongyeon has been locking herself, by this time she's convinced that the captain has given up volleyball. But if it's the only way that her best friend could heal then who is she to stop her?

"Breathe in...."

"Breathe out...."

"Breathe in...."

"Breathe out...."

"Breathe in...."

"Breathe out...."

"Jeong get up you can--"

Jeongyeon woke up to this voice calling her, she has this massive headache and the sunlight wasn't helping at all. She stayed laying on the floor while she stared at her white ceiling, it could be 12 noon, 1 in the afternoon, who cares? It's not like it's gonna make any difference, she can still feel the pain.

She rolls to her side and saw the sky, nothing's been going on inside her head. It's been days of emptiness, the tears fall from her eyes, and she pursed her lips. Jeongyeon didn't bother wiping them, she knows it's not gonna stop soon.

"It's been 7 ing years, why don't you stop?!" She said pounding her chest continuously.

But no matter how hard she hits her chest, her heart doesn't listen. She stops and just lets herself get drown in this immense pain.

She stops and just lets herself get drown in this immense pain        

-

After hours of crying and doing nothing Jeongyeon finally have the strength to get up, just to get wasted again but this time she wanted some fresh air so she went to the bar. Hyuna didn't know what's happening and Jeongyeon wasn't saying anything, she just chugs all the beer she could. When she's done, she stood up and walked away.

HA : "Jeong I'll give you a ride."

JY : "Haha don't worry, I can take a taxi."

HA : "But you had too much tonight."

JY : "I'll be fine. I've always been fine anyway."

Hyuna just look at her while she went inside a taxi, even the older girl could tell she's not fine but Jeongyeon loves to lie, especially to herself.

"41 Apgujeong-ro 79-gil" The drunk girl said.

-

Jihyo was sitting in the living room when a call came in.

*INCOMING CALL : MYOUI MINA*

JH : "Sup doc?"

MN : "Ji, I think Jeongyeon is at my place."

JH : "What?" Sejeong looks at her.

MN : "She's been calling me for some time now but whenever I picked up she doesn't answer. At this time the only call I received from her is when she's already in front of my place."

JH : "Arraso, I'll go and check."

MN : "Can you text me if you find her?"

JH : "I will go to sleep and I'll handle it."

MN : "Thank you."

*END OF CALL*

SJ : "Jeongyeon?"

JH : "Yeah."

SJ : "I'll get our jackets."

JH : "Uhmm can I pick her on my own? I wanna talk to her and I don't want you to see me lashing out."

SJ : "Arraso but don't be too harsh okay? I'll prepare the guest room."

JH : "Thank you, we'll be back quickly."

Jihyo drove off to Mina's place, she was praying that Jeongyeon is just drunk calling Mina while she was laying on the floor of her apartment. But no matter how hard she prayed, she's still found her there, Jeongyeon was sitting on the floor back pressed to the wall, she's already passed out.

JH : "Jeong..." She said and tug the girl. "Wake up, I'm taking you home."

Jeongyeon just shrugs her off, "I'll be fine after a nap. You go home and rest." she said.

Somehow seeing Jeongyeon like this made Jihyo furious. She wasn't sure in whom, is it with Jeongyeon for drinking way too much? Or from that old friend who showed up just to mess with her best friend again? All she knows is she has to knock some senses on the taller girl. She sat down next to her and calmly told her,

JH : "Just tell us the truth, tell yourself the truth. Stop doing things like this to everyone. Stop making it hard for yourself."

JY : "I told you, I'm okay. I just want to have fun today."

JH : "Fun? You've been doing this ever since she left. Is drinking until you pass out fun? Or is it crying nonstop?"

Is drinking until you pass out fun? Or is it crying nonstop?        

JY : "Ji, you know the two of us. You know how we made through everything, you know how much I loved her. And those memories of her keeps on haunting me. I hate it too but I can't really do anything with it." She started breaking down.

JH : "All you do is lie to us and yourself. It's been long since she left, I even forgot how she looks until she ing show up, and to be honest with you, the problem here was not her or her memories haunting you. It's you who doesn't want to move on from it, from her. It's you who keeps on throwing wood to the fire that she started. And what's your excuse again? Oh, it's just you hate what she did to you.

Well, that. It's been 6 years Jeong, no, it's almost 7 years. I know it's hard but the problem is you're not even trying. By this time you don't need anyone's help. You're not supposed to ask someone to free you, you're supposed to free yourself Jeong. So tell me the truth, are you still waiting for her? Is it loved? Or do you still love her?"

Jeongyeon just sat there in silence, she can't even taste the alcohol that she just had. The truth hurts more when she's not drunk. It hits her harder since the only thing she hears from Jihyo ever since was words of support. But the younger girl does have a point, it's almost 7 years and she didn't even budge from the place where that girl left her.

But what is she supposed to do? It's hard even after all the years that passed.

JH : "Because I'm tired Jeong, I'm tired of seeing you like this. She left, everyone moved on, everyone lived through it except you. I get that you and she is a different case from us but Jeong, don't you ever ask yourself when will the tears stop? When will that heart of yours heal? I want you to be happy again."

And nothing can compare to the pain she feels right now, not even getting beaten up. She's worn out, her wounds are deeper than the marina trench. The alcohol was her escape from reality, from the pain but when it wears off she feels this incredible pain inside her. Just like what she's feeling right now.

Before she knows it she starts crying again. Jihyo took her head and leaned it at her shoulder.

JH : "I know Jeong. Everyone knows it's been hard for you, I hate it too. We all hoped we could take some part of the pain you have inside. I wish it was all a dream, that she's not really here but we both know it's not. You don't have to forgive her, you don't even have to talk to her, if you want I can set up a day where she's not in the gym. Jeong it's not gonna get better anytime soon but we're here, you're not alone. Let's go? Sejeong is waiting back home."

Jeongyeon just nodded back, wiped her tears, and stood up.

Jeongyeon just nodded back, wiped her tears, and stood up        

---