Prologue: Change is Coming

One of the Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy birthday, Soo!" A series of loud cheers greeted the birthday girl as soon as she went down from her bedroom to supposedly just get a glass of water. Along with the customary birthday song being sang is a shower of confetti dropping on her as she was being pulled by her friends and family towards the dining table.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at the pleasant surprise. "Thank you, guys. You didn't have to, but I appreciate it."

 

"Hey, Soo, I saw this really cute dress in the store while I was doing shopping," her mom said, "and I know you haven't really tried wearing one, but can you make an exception today? I mean, you only turn sixteen once."

 

That was Kyungsoo's cue to look down at what she was still currently wearing—a pair of washed-out tee with a logo of her favorite band and a blue plaid pajama bottoms. "Um, okay?" she agreed albeit a bit hesitant. She would rather change into a sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans. But she supposes her mom is right; there's no harm for doing something else for her sixteenth birthday.

 

"Great!" her mom gushed, handing her a paperbag. "Your friends and I will wait for you."

 

Kyungsoo quickly climbed the stairs to her room, going straight to her bathroom after deciding to take a quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter