That little something.

My Hero

I excitedly went home to our apartment. I can't wait for mom and dad to see Donghae!

AT HOME...

" Mom, Dad, I'm home! " I shouted. I heard footsteps from upstairs and saw my mother coming down.

" Darling, welcome back! Err... You seem so glad this day... What's up? " my mom said, sounding worried. I know what she's thinking. Maybe she thinks that I've gone CRAZY because Hershey's dead. Before she gets any more thoughts, I blurted out.

" I have a PUPPY! "

" What's that, hon? " I heard my dad from upstairs. " Nothing! " my mom replied back.

" You must be dreaming darling. " my mom said, shaking her head. Ah, I knew it. She thinks I lost my mind. " Come sit at the sofa and relax, ok? "

" No, mom, I mean it! " I said, getting frustrated. " Look at the box! "

" What box? " Mom asked.

" This box! " I handed her the box with Donghae inside it.

" Why, it's MOVING! " she exclaimed.

" I told you mom! " she then opened the box. " Oh my, ~~~~, she's adorable! " My mom said, cuddling with the puppy.

" It's a HE mom. " I corrected her. My dad then came from upstairs. " What's the fuss all about? " my dad asked, scratching his thinning head.

" Look at this, hon! " My mom said, showing dad Donghae. " A puppy! "

" Oh, it's adorable. Where did you get it, ~~~~? "

" A... a friend gave it to me. " I said, laying low. Mom and Dad HATES Donghae because of him bugging me. If they knew that the puppy's name is Donghae AND Donghae gave it to me, they will go NUTS.

" Who? Was it Kevin? " my mom said while gently Dongha- err, the dog.

" No, it wasn--" OH HOLY CRAP! KEVIN.

*flashback*

" So... I got you a little something... "

" What's this? "

" Just open it... "

" Thank you Kevin! You are so sweet. You made my day. "

" Don't mention it! "

*end of flashback*

THE DOG TOY!!!! Did I leave it? Wait, didn't I hit something that fell on the floor? Maybe it was... Kevin's gift! I HAVE to get back to school. I'm sure Kevin is still there. He's the cleaner today.

" Ummmm... Dad, Mom? I need to get back to school. I left something back there... " I said, running towards the door. "Ok."my dad replied.

As I closed it, my tongue suddenly slipped. " Take care of Donghae! " I said. NOOOOO! I hope they didn't hear THAT.

AT SCHOOL...

It was almost sunset when I peeked through the windows of Kevin's room. And sure enough, he was there, sitting on the teacher's table, swinging his feet and looking so sad. I gulped. Could this be because of me? My chest suddenly hurt. Looking at Kevin, so lonely, made my heart ache.

" Kevin...? " I whispered as I opened the door. Kevin looked at me, raised his eyebrows, then went back to swinging his feet.

" Look... " I took little steps so I can be close to him " I... I'm sorry. I know I hurt your feelings... " I said, stuttering, while rubbing my arm.

" What are you talking about? " Kevin asked, not looking at me.

" You know... your gift to me... " I said.

" Ohh... that. " he said.

" I'm sorry I forgot about it and... treated it like it's trash because of Donghae's gift but I didn't-- "

" No, don't worry, ~~~~. I understand. After all, you like his gift more than mine, right? Well, Who could blame you? It's a real dog. Unlike MY gift..." Kevin told me, while looking down on his feet.

" No, Kevin you don't understand-- "

" I DO understand, ok? Now let's get this over with. It's fine. Let's talk about some other things. " Kevin replied back, angrily. It was the first time I saw him like this. I felt like crying. I broke Kevin's heart because of DONGHAE (Not the dog, ok? Look, it's CONFUSING.)

" Kevin, you are more important to ME than him, you are my BEST FRIEND! " I tried to remember him. " Your gifts are ALWAYS the best... I just got too excited when I saw the puppy. But, I like your gift more! " It's true, my heart said.

" No... " Kevin said, getting out of the table and coming near me. " It's not like that, ~~~~. " I got a teeny-weeny scared because Kevin looked so SERIOUS.

" Wh--what are you talking about? " I nervously asked.

" I'm your best FRIEND? " he asked, harshly.

" Y-yes... "

" And who is Donghae? "

" The dog? "

" NO, the HUMAN. " Kevin said, getting closer and closer.

" Oh, sorry..." I chuckled. " He's my... my... enemy! "

" Is he really? "

" What? Of course! Don't tell me.. you're getting jealous? He is NOT my friend. "

" That's the point, ~~~~. "

" I don't get what you're saying. " I said, as I bumped on the wall. Uh-oh.

" He's your... boyfriend? " he asked, trapping me with his hands on the wall.

" N-- No! Yuck! " I exclaimed. " Why are you asking these questions? "

" Isn't it obvious, ~~~~? "

" No! " I said. My brain was ACHING with all this thinking!

" Then maybe I should just demonstrate it to you. " he said scarily. He looked like a villain from an anime with that dark, scary feeling.

" Huh? "

Then suddenly, he kissed me.

ON THE LIPS.

KISSED ME!

I think I must be dreaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, yo, yo! Sorry if there is any wrong grammar! Please just ignore it. I wrote this while listening to Neverland. ^^ Anyway, hope you like this chapter! :) Thank you,