A Replacement?

My Hero

" What? " I splurted out. I can't believe it. My pet dog Hershey is dead. I can't avoid crying. I went up to my room and locked the door. I flooped on the bed and covered my head with a pillow while crying. Then I heard a knock on the door. " ~~~~, please open this. Don't get too upset... ~~~~... " my mom said, sounding upset herself.

I didn't open my door nor went out that night. I just reminisced the memories Hershey and I had together for 13 years. While I was drifting off to sleep, I heard a knock on my door... Man what time was it anyway? 10 o'clock in the evening... I opened the door, and saw my dad carrying a tray of goodies. My mouth watered. I have not eaten for the past few hours, and I got to admit, even those VEGETABLES made me want to eat at once. He put it in my table.

" What do you want? " I asked.

" I don't need anything, ~~~~. But you do. Come here. " my dad said, giving me a hug. " Child, we can't do anything to make Hershey live again... I'm sorry. "

" No, I'm sorry dad... I really am... " I sobbed. He wiped my tears.

" Now, won't you like to eat? " he said, cheering me up. I nodded. Then I heard footsteps coming from downstairs. It was mom.

" I want to eat too! " she said. I laughed. I really DO have the best family ever.

THE NEXT DAY...

" Unnie! " Krystal said. " Sorry about Hershey... "

" Oh, it's nothing..." I said, shooking my head, trying to smile.

" Oh come on, we both know that it's not nothing! " she said, as she put on her best aegyo. I heard her watch beep. " Oops, reading time! Want to come with me, unnie? " Krystal continued.

" Sure, where? "

" At the library. I need to research something called Ro-ma-n-ti-ci-sm. " she said slowly. " Is that right? "

" Ah, love. " I sighed. " Yep. Your pronounciation is perfectly correct! " I said.

" Let's go! " she said.

 

AT THE LIBRARY...

When was the last time I went in the library? A year ago? Hmmm... Maybe I should stop from researching on Google so much and get back to reading... I might even find some things I can't find in the internet!

" ~~~~ Unnie, can you please help me find the reference book I need? It's called ROMANTICISM by Juan Guerrero. " Krystal asked of me.

" Sure. "

" Thank you! " she beamed.

I searched for the book but I didn't find any. Then I heard Krystal's voice said " Unnie, don't search now... I found it! " The librarian gave me a look and showed off a placard saying "Shhh." I nodded.

I sat in a nearby chair and read some book entitled "Chinese Cinderella" By Adeline Yen Mah. Then I saw Kevin's face coming out of my book. I HAD to scream. Everybody looked at me, then the librarian sternly said " If you can't stay quiet, I'll have to get you out of here! " she said, pointing her index finger at the door.

" Yes Ma'am " I squeaked. I gave the 'look' to Kevin and glared at him.

" Sorry! " he mouthed. I went back to reading my book.

"But hey! " he whispered at my ear.

" What? " I asked.

" I heard about Hershey... " he sadly said.

" Yeah, and so? " I replied.

" So... I got you a little something... " he said shyly, handing me a small box wrapped in cute packaging.

" What's this? " I asked curiously.

" Just open it. " he said, excitedly.

I opened it and inside was a cute puppy toy that moves when you wind it up! I felt so light and happy looking at the adorable thing.

" Thank you Kevin! You are so sweet... You made my day. " I said, smiling at him.

" Don't mention it! " he said.

After some hours of playing with the toy, I got tired that I didn't notice that I have fallen asleep! I woke up when I felt someone poking my cheeks. When I opened my eyes, it was Kevin. I smiled at him. Then I fixed my hair and uniform and put back the book where I got it, when Donghae's face suddenly appeared at the side of the bookshelf. I screamed quietly (how?) and dropped my book.

" Oops! " he said, smiling.

" Ughh, I really hate you! " I groaned, picking up the book.

" Yeah, I know. " he said. " Hey, sit over there. "

" Why should I? " I said, raising an eyebrow.

" Please? Just this one time, ~~~~. " he said.

" Ok. Now what? " I said, sitting down on the chair where I left my puppy toy (and Kevin). Kevin looked at me and did the 'he's-going-to-kill-you' sign. I shook my head.

" I bought this for you. " he said, giving me a MOVING box.

" Huh? " I said, touching the sides of the box. It almost felt like it had LIFE. " What is this? " I asked.

" It's a... " he said. " Just open it! " And I did.

IT WAS A PUPPY. The cutest puppy ever with fluffy fur and big black eyes. I was so shocked, I hit something and it fell on the floor. I hugged the puppy and looked at it lovingly. " He's perfect... " I said... " Thank you Donghae, but... why? " I looked at him.

" I dunno... I just wanted to give you something, I think. " he said, looking at the ceiling, as if he's thinking really hard.

" Ok... " I said, weirded out by his attitude. " Thanks. "

" Yeah. " he said. "What are you gonna name it? " he asked.

" I dunno. " I tilted my head to the right. " What do you suggest? "

Donghae scratched his head. " How about... Donghae! " he said.

" Donghae? " I said.

" Yeah, why not? " he smiled.

" Oh, Alright. Donghae it is. " I rolled my eyes. " I was thinking more of Cupcake or Sweetie. "

" He's a GUY. " he said, while going out of the library, waving at me. " I got to get back to my class, ~~~~. Bye! Take care of Donghae! "

" Bye. " I said back. When I turned around, the girls were frowning at ME so hard, I had to get out of there. FAST, carrying the box with Donghae inside it.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! Did I update too fast? Kekekeke. I just wanted to finish this fic quickly so I can get back to my unfinished one, ARE YOU THE ONE? Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/123002/are-you-the-one-jessicajung-onew-romance-schoollife-shinee-you-kpopidols And yeah, Hope that you liked this chapter! How's the story so far? I'd LOVE to hear from you!

Comment and Subscribe! =) Thank you!