CH.4 - Unexpected Visitors

Whose Baby are You?

 

 

It was early in the morning; the skies still dark with only the faintest of orange to hint the soon sun rise. Quietness filled the building  as the group of 13 + 1, the only ones who were there, continued to sleep. That was until it was broken by a strong woosh from the room right below them. Strong, from the forceful gust of air that came with their arrival, but there was no sound apart from the woosh, and it was only enough to rouse one member up.

 

Chan, popularly known by his stage name Dino, sat sleepily from the not so comfortable bed on the floor. He was confused about what caused him to wake up and just sat there trying to identify what it was. Holding back a yawn and scratching his head, he surveyed the room where his other hyungs were still sleeping. He looked at his side, and held his amusement. He cooed at the two oldest  who were peacefully sleeping face to face, with his Jeonghan hyung seemingly cocooned in the embrace of their leader

.

.

.

 

He chuckled at what his eyes were showing him. Yup he was definitely just seeing things in the dark; this couldn’t be how they were sleeping now. Maybe Jeonghan was just close to Seungcheol. Plus, the ‘hand’ he saw was small, compared to what he knows is the leader’s hand. Still, curiosity getting the most of him, he stared hard hoping to be sure of the position of the two eldest. Wait, there’s something between them

.

.

.

 

Just when his eyes were finally adjusting, he felt the familiar call of mother nature. Oh, so maybe that was what woke him up? He turned to look back at what he thought he saw but found that his Jeonghan hyung had pulled their blanket higher so he could only make out his hyungs heads. Well, maybe it was really nothing and he was just risking a scolding from his hyungs when they wake up from his curiosity. But… maybe it was worth it if he gets a photo of the adorableness of the jeongcheol pair? A shift from their leader immediately dashed that idea out. 

.

.

.

 

While the maknae went out of the room to do his business, he was unaware of the two others in the building that were awake with him. Although, not necessarily his hyungs. To him, they were ‘unexpected visitors’. Not for the rest of the team, just for him who was left out from yesterday’s happenings because of his late shoot. Speaking of their ‘visitors’, they were currently exploring the building in caution, trying to find the practice room they were told. The husband was naturally taking lead with the wife scanning the area keenly, not sparing a single corner. 

 

“Jagiya, are you sure this is not our company building? Look, even the rooms are the same, those rooms that you wanted to be so spacious for our artists.” Jeonghan said in a whisper. Her eyes busily roamed about the supposedly alternate world. Good thing her husband kept her close to him, otherwise she might have bumped into something. 

 

“Mingyu operated the machine, and you know that his clumsiness is almost non-existent when it comes to his science stuff. I’m sure we’re in the right place, love. I’m not gonna lie, I also thought this is our building but apparently, it’s HYBE? I’m not sure, it says on the posters we passed by.” Seungcheol responded back as he peered into another room.

 

“I think they’re not on this floor, let’s try goi-” Jeonghan was startled when she was suddenly pulled into her husband’s embrace. “Cheol why-” “Shhh… there’s someone, and I don’t recognize him.” The figure came closer, sleepily walking towards them. 

 

“Cheol hyung, what are you doing here? When did you even get up? *yawn*”. They heard the person say that got both of them  alarmed. He knows them!

 

“He’s coming closer! Stay behind me, Han.” He felt a small nod from his wife before guiding her to his back. “Don’t let your face show.” Another nod and a squeeze on their joined hands. 

 

“Be careful, Seungcheol.”

 

“I will.”

.

.

.

 

Chan was on his way back to their room when he saw his Seungcheol hyung in an empty hallway holding hands with a woman. Is that his secret girlfriend? And they were looking inside the rooms. Was his hyung sneaking her in? Worried for his hyung, he braved up and went to them. 

 

He was a bit surprised when his hyung met eyes with him and suddenly pulled the woman in an embrace. When he asked, the leader had hid her behind his back that made the youngest raise his eyebrow more. 

 

“I- I had to meet someone.” There was a stutter there for sure, but Chan shrugged it off as just them just waking up.

 

“U-huh. And could that someone be your girlfriend?” He smirked when he saw the elder tighten his grip on the slender hand of his female companion. He didn’t even need a reply to know. These two were obviously in a relationship.

 

“I knew it! You’re sneaky trying to meet her this early, hyung. You even got yourself dressed up quick for her. Must be someone really special.” He laughed at the victory of catching his hyung, which Seungcheol returned with a nervous chuckle. Chan just thought it was because he caught them.

 

“So… any plans to introduce me to her?” Seungcheol felt Jeonghan flinch. He caressed her hand to reassure her. 

 

“She...she’s shy.” He saw Chan nod in understanding. Unfortunately that didn't stop his curiosity. Seungcheol looked in worry as the boy smiled softly at him before turning his attention to the woman at his back.

 

“Hello, don’t worry. I’m not sure if Seungcheol hyung told you this already, but we’re all family in our group. If hyung loves you and you make hyung happy, we’ll support you, all 12 of us for sure!"

 

Jeonghan perked up when she heard it. He’s part of the group, he knows their AU selves, and if he’s part, he must be also part of their family. Maybe one of the children since they can’t recognize him yet. Could this be?

 

“You might already know me but if you don’t,I'm Dino.” Chan felt that it may be better to let her know his stage name instead, thinking that it will help her recognize him better. If not, well at least he’s safe just in case the relationship doesn’t work out.

 

Jeonghan didn’t know why she thought the boy was her baby, and she didn’t know why she couldn't shake off this feeling for the male. She felt like she should know him and not just because he was part of the group. It felt more than that. But on the matter at hand, this guy knows where the group they were looking for is. Maybe they can see this as an opportunity.

 

“Cheol, he knows where they are. I’m okay to let him see me and risk it. If he's really with them, he’d soon find out anyway.” She whispered.

 

“Are you sure?” Seungcheol felt his hand being squeezed back plus a kiss on his shoulder.

 

“I’m sure.”

.

.

.

 

Chan had to do a double take, and then rummage through his memory if what he was seeing was real. Standing meekly beside his hyung was a beautiful woman. Her hair was straight with gentle curves at the end that brushed just a few inches past her shoulder. He blushed when he saw her shyly push her hair behind her ear. She’s definitely a beauty, but more importantly, why does she look so much like his hyung?

 

“Woah, um… you’re so beautiful noona. Not lying, promise you’re just wow. Cheol hyung, you did great finding her. But just one thing, and nothing against you noona, like I said, you got my support, just… don’t you think she resembles Jeonghan hyung too much?" his leader wasn't able to reply immediately. He waited as the elder shared a look with the woman and they did a nervous laugh. It made him raise a brow. 

 

"Don't tell me… Jeonghan hyung, is that you?! I didn't know you were into this stuff, hyungs!" Alright, the imagination of the boy may be going too wild. 

 

“No! Um… she’s not your hyung? Well, you can say that she is but she’s not. It's confusing but yes umm…  What I mean is - “ Seungcheol tried to explain what he can but that was not really going well, Jeonghan knew from Dino’s confused expression. Maybe a little lie will be better. ‘Sorry, Dino.”

 

“I’m your hyung’s relative. That’s why we look similar?” She gave her husband a look. ‘Just go with it.’ And Seungcheol, very familiar with his wife’s antics and mischief, instantly understood what she was onto. He knew better anyways to go along with whatever his Hani is scheming (for as long as it's not evil). 

 

“Y-yeah. This is why it also took me a long time to tell you guys. Don’t want it to be awkward.” Dino very much agreed. This meeting alone was awkward. And not because his hyung was dating a relative of a member, no,  it was because the girl looked so much like his Jeonghan hyung! Won’t his Seungcheol hyung feel like he was dating Jeonghan? Nope, Chan decided he had his quota with weird imaginations for the day. It’s fine. For as long as she makes his hyung happy, they’ll accept it.

 

"Okay… makes sense. Sorry, it's just you look so much like my hyung noona." The couple just gave him an understanding smile. The girlfriend's made him shiver a bit because that too was an exact copy of Jeonghan's smile. 

 

"No worries, bud. Well, since now you know about my… hmmm secret girlfriend, I think the other members deserve to know as well. Um… I'm giving you permission to break the news?" Seungcheol wasn't sure if that worked and sent an unsure look to Jeonghan. He sighed in relief when she gave him a satisfied nod and motioned for him to look at the boy. 

 

He did and he'd have to chuckle at the lad that was radiating with excitement. 

 

"Yes! They were sleeping when I left but for sure they've woken up already…" Dino babbled off as he led the two to the flight of stairs. Like they would do when they're nervous, they held hands. Seungcheol held Jeonghan close to him. 

 

"I'm nervous. What if our son's not here? Cheol, I miss Chan so much. I can't lose him." A tighter embrace from her husband got her more grounded. "We'll find our child for sure. If he's not here, we'll keep on looking. We will never give up on Chan." And that was all the comfort Jeonghan needed at that moment. 

 

"We're here. I want to make it a bit dramatic. They'll be surprised for sure, hyung! Noona, don't worry. Promise they're good guys. I know they'll love you. Wait here for a bit, I'll call you on your cue. Good luck!" Chan didn't even wait for an answer, passing their silence and obvious nervousness as them getting scared of the members' reactions. He opened the door and was pleased to see all of his hyungs were up except for Jeonghan that was still laying down with his back turned from the maknae.

 

"Guys! You won't believe it, our leader has someone to introduce to us! She's…" he was scanning all of them as he spoke, taking pleasure in seeing their confused slash interested faces. 

 

'This is going to be so good!' 

 

That was until he saw someone that should have been outside the door. 

 

"Seungcheol hyung? But… but you're supposed to be waiting outside." He glanced back at the opening of the door and there, his hyung was standing there with his girl. He looked back at s who were now a mix of excited and nervous. They knew something. Something that he doesn't know. And now that he realized that, he noticed how weird everyone was acting. Some of them even started to go off and fix things in the… was that a play area?! 

 

"Chan, who's behind the door?" his Seungcheol hyung was approaching him but he found himself getting scared. Something's up and he doesn't like it that it seems he was the only who doesn't know. 

 

"H-hyung, what's going on?" The look on his leader's face was worrisome. "Hyung?" 

 

"I'll explain everything later but first, let's welcome our guests." Chan received a firm pat on his shoulder before he watched their leader go for the door. 

 

"Everyone! They're here. Remember what we talked about last night on respecting them. Jeonghan, is Chan awake?" The maknae froze as his attention was diverted to his Hani hyung who he saw was now sitting with his 3 year old self on his lap. "W-What? What's going on, I'm confused… who is that?!"

 

Jeonghan sent him what the older hoped was a comforting look. "I'm sorry Chan, like Cheollie said, everything will be clear to you soon. I'm not sure if I can explain it any better than them." The hyung let a small smile when he saw his own 'aegi' slowly nod. Though, he is still worried about the amount of confusion he can see troubling his dongsaeng. 

 

Jeonghan then turned to the leader. "Chan's still sleeping but I can sense he'll be waking up soon."

 

"Okay." Seungcheol gulped and took a deep breath in. Everything will be fine. Nothing will go wrong. Just reunite Chan with his parents, hang with their AU selves for a bit then all back to normal. Yeah, no need to worry. 

 

"Alright, let's do this."

 

He slowly opened the door. All of them became focused on seeing the people behind it. Seungcheol didn't allow them that immediately. For safety reasons, he doesn't want their 'visitors' to see them before assessing whether the alternate universe is a threat. The door was only slightly opened, just enough for him to go out and block the opening with his body. 

.

.

.

.

.

Seungcheol should have expected it, but finding an exact copy of himself staring back at him when he opened the door still made him uneasy. His other self was looking very clean and mature (and hot, but he won’t allow the extra inflation on his ego this time) with the white, long-sleeved button down tucked in black denim pants. He was not sure what it was, maybe it was the expensive looking watch and belt that he accessorized with, or the nicely polished loafers he wore, but this man was emitting great CEO aura that he won’t be surprised if that turns out to be true.

 

"G-good to see you Seungcheol-si" his AU self  started the *awkward* greetings and S.Coups thought that maybe he shouldn’t have made it so obvious he was looking him up. That must have been very weird, even if it was himself. Well, not really since his from the other universe but… yup, no need to complicate things further.

 

"Hi, yes g-good to see you too, um.. Seungcheol-si?” Okay, that was weird, but how else should he call him? He can already see the chaos later on with name confusion but he’s sure they’ll find a way to it.

 

“We have Chan. He's still sleeping with Jeonghan." 

 

"He's with you? For sure?!" A female voice joined them and he suddenly remembered that AU Jeonghan was with them. He turned to look at where the woman was and was stunned at the beauty that met him. He always thought Jeonghan was beautiful. As a female….she's breathtaking. Beautiful doesn’t seem to do her justice. She didn’t wear any fancy accessory, the only thing she had was a dainty pearl clip that held her flowy hair back. Her clothes were also not special. A cream knitted cardigan over a plain white shirt that was paired with ankle-length brown, box pants. She was also looking comfortable with her footwear - an easy slip-on  that just had simple stitches as design. But that was just it that made her look-more stunning. It was all natural beauty from the woman. Her hair looked soft, so did her cheeks that looked very supple with the small tinge of pink. She was fair, but her skin looked glowing (or maybe it was just the morning sun shining on her?) Her eyes, nose and lips… It was Jeonghan’s for sure. He can never forget those. They were beautiful and fond. 

 

 "Seungcheol-si?" He was snapped out of it as the said female tapped his shoulder. AU Seungcheol just chuckled at his other self. 

 

"I know, I'm a lucky man." That  was received by a hard shove from his wife. "You are but now's not the best time." S. Coups found himself chuckling along. They seem like no threat. The couple thought the same as they watched him laugh. 

 

"Our Jeonghan is also a beauty. You might be surprised." He said as he fully opened the door to their room.

 

"Everyone, meet AU Seungcheol and Jeonghan."